Trump's Impeachment

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Re: Trump's Corruption

Post by Damo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:14 am

You can almost forgive Trump his failings when you read all the faux outrage by the swivel eyed loons on message boards.
Some of these comments make him harder to dislike

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:20 am

Sure, dipshit. It's all faux outrage as long as it's not something you object to.

Trumps over there being told by his own justice department that he is above the law, that not only can he not be prosecuted but he cannot even be investigated. And at the same time he's suggesting that people who will be witnesses in his impeachment, people who provided this whistleblower with the information for his complaint, should be executed like how they would have been in the good old days. Sure, dumb ****. It's faux outrage to take objection to that kind of thing.

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:59 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Sure, dipshit. It's all faux outrage as long as it's not something you object to.

Trumps over there being told by his own justice department that he is above the law, that not only can he not be prosecuted but he cannot even be investigated. And at the same time he's suggesting that people who will be witnesses in his impeachment, people who provided this whistleblower with the information for his complaint, should be executed like how they would have been in the good old days. Sure, dumb ****. It's faux outrage to take objection to that kind of thing.
A few comments ago you were asking for him and Boris to commit suicide.
You can be offended by rhetoric or not. You cant be both

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:09 am

Damo wrote:A few comments ago you were asking for him and Boris to commit suicide.
You can be offended by rhetoric or not. You cant be both

I copied someone elses comment to see if anyone would pull me up on it after not pulling someone else up on it. And here you are.

And no one here, except dumb *****, thinks I was serious about them killing themselves. But yes, plenty of perfectly reasonable and intelligent people will think that Trump, who allowed a Washinton Post reporter to be murdered, hires a National Security advisor who wanted to kidnap someone for Turkey, and just this month who wanted to allow a New York Times reporter to be arrested by Egypt, is serious about having people executed.

You're **** for trying to pretend that Trump is just some innocent victim of lefty "faux outrage" as if it's just a matter of subjectivity that he is a corrupt scumbag of the worst kind, and so is anyone else who defends him the way you do.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:04 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:I copied someone elses comment to see if anyone would pull me up on it after not pulling someone else up on it. And here you are.

And no one here, except dumb *****, thinks I was serious about them killing themselves. But yes, plenty of perfectly reasonable and intelligent people will think that Trump, who allowed a Washinton Post reporter to be murdered, hires a National Security advisor who wanted to kidnap someone for Turkey, and just this month who wanted to allow a New York Times reporter to be arrested by Egypt, is serious about having people executed.

You're **** for trying to pretend that Trump is just some innocent victim of lefty "faux outrage" as if it's just a matter of subjectivity that he is a corrupt scumbag of the worst kind, and so is anyone else who defends him the way you do.
Got to admit Damo he's got a point here.

Taking the **** out of the libs is one thing, Trump defending (on this if not more) is just a short step from using capital letters all the time and underlining everything.

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Got to admit Damo he's got a point here.

Taking the **** out of the libs is one thing, Trump defending (on this if not more) is just a short step from using capital letters all the time and underlining everything.
"Trump defending"
Read my comment again pal. Assuming I'm defending trump is just one short step from calling everyone "idiot" "dumb ****" and using clever insults like "screaming like an autist"
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:37 am

Damo wrote:"Trump defending"
Read my comment again pal. Assuming I'm defending trump is just one short step from calling everyone "idiot" "dumb ****" and using clever insults like "screaming like an autist"
You are quite correct

I missed your post at the top of the page "you can almost forgive Trumps failings"

Apologies!

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:34 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:You are quite correct

I missed your post at the top of the page "you can almost forgive Trumps failings"

Apologies!
Yes, "almost"
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Claret
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 655 times

Post by Claret » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:49 pm

box_of_frogs wrote:Excellent. Yet another political post. :roll:

Come on Mods, time to create a football area on this supposedly football related message board.
It's a little bit irksome to open a thread that I guessed might be about President Trump being corrupt only to find messages like this.
Come on Mods - surely it's time to have a separate area for people who accidentally stumble into topics they don't want to read?
These 2 users liked this post: Lord Beamish yTib

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Damo wrote:"Trump defending"

We're saying "look at how corrupt this guy is" and all you're interested in doing is mocking those of us who highlight his corruption and think it's not OK. You are defending Trump by doing this. You're trying to make opposing his corruption something worthy of mockery in order to discourage others from talking about his corruption.

You are, by your actions, a Trump supporter.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:28 pm

Damo wrote:Yes, "almost"

You don't "almost" forgive his failings. You do forgive them. You call having a problem with his corruption "faux outrage", which means you don't have a problem with his "failings".

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:41 pm

You're an absolute sophist IT, ranting at a million miles an hour with as many insults and facts to boot, there is often no clarity or consistency in what you actually say. You make assertions about people know or think, you pick and choose facts to connect dots in your own favour and you are downright rude.
This user liked this post: yTib

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4181 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:42 pm

willsclarets wrote:You're an absolute sophist IT, ranting at a million miles an hour with as many insults and facts to boot, there is often no clarity or consistency in what you actually say. You make assertions about people know or think, you pick and choose facts to connect dots in your own favour and you are downright rude.

But apart from that he's ok ? :D

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:56 pm

willsclarets wrote:You're an absolute sophist IT, ranting at a million miles an hour with as many insults and facts to boot, there is often no clarity or consistency in what you actually say. You make assertions about people know or think, you pick and choose facts to connect dots in your own favour and you are downright rude.
Aside from the rudeness the rest of your post is just dumb bullshit. Carry on being offended by being corrected.

If you think i "pick and choose facts to connect dots in your own favour" then put up by actually debunking anything i said, other wise shut the **** up.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Just one example, then. And this is not in the defence of Trump, it's in the defence of sound argument and debate.

"Plenty of perfectly reasonable and intelligent people will think that Trump, who allowed a Washinton Post reporter to be murdered, hires a National Security advisor who wanted to kidnap someone for Turkey, and just this month who wanted to allow a New York Times reporter to be arrested by Egypt, is serious about having people executed."

Now what you've done there, is used three facts that in no way justify your assertion that Donald Trump is serious about having people executed, and that it's reasonable to think so. And I say those three facts, even in and of themselves aren't even proven in their entirety, and do not support your argument whatsoever.

Damo

Post by Damo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Hes on one again

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Just a simple question, IT. Why are you rude? Do you think it strengthens your argument or makes it more persuasive? Because I would say that rudeness has the opposite effect. Why not try being polite, you might be surprised by the results.
This user liked this post: yTib

LongsideFacingUp
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by LongsideFacingUp » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:12 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Aside from the rudeness the rest of your post is just dumb bullshit. Carry on being offended by being corrected.

If you think i "pick and choose facts to connect dots in your own favour" then put up by actually debunking anything i said, other wise shut the **** up.
Seriously? Getting hissy about rudeness after all the abuse you've been screeching at people in this thread?

Can you do me a favour and please talk to one person in the real world the way you do to everyone on here big man? See how that goes for you.

You are beyond pathetic.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:19 pm

I think his point was that aside from me asserting he was rude, he respectfully disagreed with the rest of my post.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:22 pm

LongsideFacingUp wrote:Seriously? Getting hissy about rudeness after all the abuse you've been screeching at people in this thread?

Can you do me a favour and please talk to one person in the real world the way you do to everyone on here big man? See how that goes for you.

You are beyond pathetic.
Hes an absolute @rshole. I'd love to.meet this sad sack.

LongsideFacingUp
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by LongsideFacingUp » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:50 pm

willsclarets wrote:I think his point was that aside from me asserting he was rude, he respectfully disagreed with the rest of my post.
Fair enough I see what he meant...

Respectfully though? Respectfully disagreed? Didn't he tell you to shut the **** up? :lol:

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Well that may have been tinged with a bit of sarcasm

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:02 am

LongsideFacingUp wrote:Seriously? Getting hissy about rudeness after all the abuse you've been screeching at people in this thread?

You are beyond pathetic.
No, you idiot. I was agreeing with him that i'm rude. **** your feelings.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:03 am

Stayingup wrote:Hes an absolute @rshole. I'd love to.meet this sad sack.
Is that because no one would love to meet you?

AshevilleNCClaret
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by AshevilleNCClaret » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:33 am

LoveCurryPies wrote:Anyone think he will resign rather than being impeached? He knows as President he has become part of American history but he won't want to be remembered for being impeached.

Another question. Is the threat of impeachment more powerful than actual impeachment?
Trump is not going anywhere. As much as trump is a buffoon, pence scares me even more.
I would be surprised if impeachment goes any further. It would be a huge rallying cry for trump supporters and get him reelected in 2020.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:53 am

AshevilleNCClaret wrote:Trump is not going anywhere. As much as trump is a buffoon, pence scares me even more.
I would be surprised if impeachment goes any further. It would be a huge rallying cry for trump supporters and get him reelected in 2020.

I think you overestimate his support. He certainly has more hardcore supporters than any other politician, but his rating with independents are in the gutter next to him and his fans. If he wasn't such a disaster of a human being his approval ratings should be in the mid to high 50s, but the fact that he has never breached even 50% in nearly 3 years as president tells its own story. And if you think his approval is going to increase with this Ukraine scandal then you're living in cloud cuckoo land. Nearly half (49%) the public want this impeachment inquiry and if it finds that Trump did in fact do everything he's already admitted to doing then that support for the impeachment inquiry is only going to go up. Want a comparison? Look at Nixon. His approval rating in January 1973 was 68% after winning re-election two months earlier. By April as Watergate exploded it was 48%. When Gallup started polling on whether he should be removed from office in July 73 support for it was 19%. As the investigation progressed over the next 13 months until he finally resigned 57% of the public thought he should be removed.

Whether an inquiry should be launched and whether a president should be removed are very different questions, but you shouldn't think that just because it went badly for the Republicans with Clinton that it will go badly for the Democrats with Trump. Clinton and Trump's impeachments are two very different impeachments given how obvious it was that they couldn't find anything on Clinton with Whitewater investigation and so had to impeach him over lying about a blowjob to save face. Trump and Nixon are much, much more similar.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:00 am

Also, as much as Pence is scary, he will never win a 2020 election if Trump resigns or is removed. The nazi who support Trump will not vote for the Republicans if they allow their Great Orange Hope to be removed or shamed into resigning. And although Pence will sweep up the evangelical vote, almost all of those voted for Trump anyway. Pence wouldn't have a chance, and the Dem candidate would benefit from every bit of voter enthusiasm that they would if their opponent was Trump.

If Republicans agreed to pot Trump they'll be destroyed in the election next year, which is why they almost certainly won't get rid of him.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:25 am

The democrats have been furiously trying since day 1 to get something on Trump and get him removed. Guess what he’s Still in office and likely to get re-elected again.

Feel the burn IT feel the burn.
Last edited by Right_winger on Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MG70
Been Liked: 75 times
Has Liked: 425 times

Post by MG70 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:38 am

Trump will certainly get re-elected. The bullshit the so called “democrats” have been spouting the last 3 plus years is more than rediculous.

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times

Post by SalouClaret » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:48 am

Turtle is the definition of 'keyboard warrior' :lol:

...even though I agree with some of their points, there's not a chance he/she would speak to anyone face to face like he/she does on here.
This user liked this post: Right_winger

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:49 am

MG70 wrote:Trump will certainly get re-elected. The bullshit the so called “democrats” have been spouting the last 3 plus years is more than rediculous.
The same pattern has happened over here with Brexit. The losing side basically haven’t accepted the result and are desperately trying to manufacture a case for their positions.

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:53 am

SalouClaret wrote:Turtle is the definition of 'keyboard warrior' :lol:

...even though I agree with some of their points, there's not a chance he/she would speak to anyone face to face like he/she does on here.
Of course he wouldn’t. He’s probably a reasonable person in the real world and there he isn’t daft either but as soon as the safety of the keyboard lights up it unleashes the venom he has stored inside.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:No, you idiot. I was agreeing with him that i'm rude. **** your feelings.

FACTS
DONT
CARE
ABOUT
YOUR
FEELINGS

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Right_winger wrote:The democrats have been furiously trying since day 1 to get something on Trump and get him removed. Guess what he’s Still in office and likely to get re-elected again.

Feel the burn IT feel the burn.

Not at all surprised that you love the corrupt fascists. People like you are what it looks like when your politics is defined by who you hate. That's why you are blind fo the corruption your right wing leaders engage in. To any normal person when someone admits to corrupt acts the way Trump has for the past 3 years it's evidence fo their corruption. But to victims of Trump derangement syndrome, such as you, when Trump admits to being corrupt you see it as evidence of Democrats "furiously trying since day 1 to get something on Trump".

You are, and will always look like a complete and utter fool.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:42 pm

Right_winger wrote:Of course he wouldn’t. He’s probably a reasonable person in the real world and there he isn’t daft either but as soon as the safety of the keyboard lights up it unleashes the venom he has stored inside.
Why are you people so obsessed with my personal and private life? Seriously, get a hobby.

Right_winger

Post by Right_winger » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Why are you people so obsessed with my personal and private life? Seriously, get a hobby.
I’m not, but it is fun trolling the troll

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 580 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:37 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:FACTS
DONT
CARE
ABOUT
YOUR
FEELINGS
Quoting Ben Shapiro. Very, very cringe.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:52 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Quoting Ben Shapiro. Very, very cringe.
i thought the block capitals and line dropping would indicate the clear parody in my post but evidently not

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:56 pm

Imagine being someone like this guy, Jim Jordan, and growing old knowing that you had to debase yourself like this to defend your corrupt party leader and president.

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/statu ... 04674?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:03 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:Quoting Ben Shapiro. Very, very cringe.

What a satisfying fall from grace that idiot's had :lol:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:37 pm

AshevilleNCClaret wrote:Trump is not going anywhere. As much as trump is a buffoon, pence scares me even more.

Further to my previous reply, a new CBS Poll shows that 55% support the impeachment inquiry while 42% support impeachment over the Ukraine scandal. This isn't going to be the rallying cry for Trump that the Republican's pretend to believe it will be.

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/statu ... 09282?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:08 am

"Investigators have reached out to roughly 130 officials in recent weeks over years-old emails and told them the emails were retroactively classified and are now considered potential security violations, The Post reported, citing current and former State Department officials and letters they received."

https://www.businessinsider.com/state-d ... ?r=US&IR=T" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: ******* genius! What they're doing is years-after-the-fact classifying documents in order to try and make people who shared those documents back when they weren't classified criminals for sharing them, when it wasn't a crime. This is how "smart" Trump's administration is, that they think they can deflect from his corruption by creating a sort of ex post facto violation of law. :lol: ******* smooth-brained geniuses.

Also, no doubt this will just add to his abuse of power problems.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:11 pm

I hope this whistleblower turns out to be a woman.
It might tip him over the edge.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1997 times
Has Liked: 1141 times

Post by FCBurnley » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Even Schiff and Pelosi couldn’t be stupid enough to impeach.........,could they ? :lol:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:44 am

FCBurnley wrote:Even Schiff and Pelosi couldn’t be stupid enough to impeach.........,could they ? :lol:
If a president doesn't deserve impeachment for what is literally bribery, then what can a president actually do to deserve it? Of course they'll impeach him, and then the Senate will have to try him and Republicans will have to actually vote on whether trying to bribe a foreign government to help your election campaign is something that presidents shouldn't do.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:00 am

Crikey

I for one am looking forward to the apologies to IT.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-49887733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 3 users liked this post: Imploding Turtle Lord Beamish longsidepies

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:32 am

You have mistakenly assumed that the people who mocked me for talking about how corrupt Trump is don't already know and privately accept that i'm right. All they're really doing by defending the indefensible is signalling their unconditional loyalty to the far-right.

They know he's corrupt. FCBurnley knows that Trump should be impeached for his crimes but for him and those Trump supporters like him it's not about facts, or the truth, or reality. It's about winning what he sees as a far right-wing propaganda battle against reality.
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:40 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:You have mistakenly assumed that the people who mocked me for talking about how corrupt Trump is don't already know and privately accept that i'm right. All they're really doing by defending the indefensible is signalling their unconditional loyalty to the far-right.

They know he's corrupt. FCBurnley knows that Trump should be impeached for his crimes but for him and those Trump supporters like him it's not about facts, or the truth, or reality. It's about winning what he sees as a far right-wing propaganda battle against reality.
Massive decline in posts supporting the nonsense of the powers-that-be now that the contra arguments have gone from specious to non-existent.

People will vote from pride in their ignorance though.

But I'm a lefty metropolitan liberal so I would say that.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:30 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:You have mistakenly assumed that the people who mocked me for talking about how corrupt Trump is don't already know and privately accept that i'm right. All they're really doing by defending the indefensible is signalling their unconditional loyalty to the far-right.

You over estimate some of the halfwits on here who probably dont have a clue whats going on in their back yard nevermind American politics. They will believe any old rubbish their right wing media feeds them and sadder too they will openly demonstrate that ignorance whilst shouting down others
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:34 am

It’s not a good look for the President to go around begging other countries to help him is it.

I’m just glad he hasn’t tried it with any other countries apart from Australia and Ukraine.