Jeff Hendrick

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
HieronymousBoschHobs
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Re: Jeff Hendrick

Post by HieronymousBoschHobs » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:34 am

I think Dyche should select the 'Important First Team Player' option, but perhaps not the 'Crucial First Team Player' option. Definitely not the 'Squad Rotation Option' however.

Untinted Glasses
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 152 times

Post by Untinted Glasses » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:33 am

He’s not the best. One swallow doesn’t make a summer

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:58 am

Untinted Glasses wrote:He’s not the best. One swallow doesn’t make a summer
That’s what I like. Someone looking at his performance through untinted specs.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:00 am

The good news is that players, when out of form, have a ready replacement, waiting their chance.

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1156 times
Has Liked: 1282 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:44 am

I thought he was outstanding yesterday. I think he his a player that suffers a bit with confidence and the deserved standing ovation will hopefully help him maintain his form.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:21 pm

Untinted Glasses wrote:He’s not the best. One swallow doesn’t make a summer
I once went out with Summer she was a lovely girl.... ;)

Jeff showed us yesterday (apart from a couple of errors getting caught in possession) he is a very good option out wide right. Certainly in comparison to his replacement Azzer.

Get off his back ffs .... he gives us his best when asked to play outside his prefered position....
This user liked this post: GDK

Untinted Glasses

Post by Untinted Glasses » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:09 pm

Bosscat wrote:I once went out with Summer she was a lovely girl.... ;)

Jeff showed us yesterday (apart from a couple of errors getting caught in possession) he is a very good option out wide right. Certainly in comparison to his replacement Azzer.

Get off his back ffs .... he gives us his best when asked to play outside his prefered position....
Im expressing my opinion, one good game does not make him a premier league footballer. In my opinion he's shite. He's had a good game against a newly promoted team and you're singing his praises like a canary. He's crap BUT this is my opinion. I won't force this on you. You keep thinking he's a good en, that's fine by me. It's all about opinions, not surpressing them.

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 825 times
Has Liked: 1609 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:43 pm

One of our better players . Think you better take off your spectacles as they are giving you s blurred vision

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Untinted Glasses wrote:In my opinion he's shite.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:44 pm

ArmchairDetective wrote:Why?

Edit: actually, forget my question. Let's just enjoy him without any criticism for once.
:arrow:

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 2963 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Untinted Glasses wrote:Im expressing my opinion, one good game does not make him a premier league footballer. In my opinion he's shite. He's had a good game against a newly promoted team and you're singing his praises like a canary. He's crap BUT this is my opinion. I won't force this on you. You keep thinking he's a good en, that's fine by me. It's all about opinions, not surpressing them.
Yeah but that isn't really an opinion is it..it's just ridiculous abuse. And abuse of one of our own players... a guy who has been good enough to achieve status as a professional, and then Premier League and International, footballer. But he's "shite" and "crap".........can you see how unpleasant and ridiculous your abuse is ?
These 2 users liked this post: simonclaret tiger76

Untinted Glasses

Post by Untinted Glasses » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:37 am

Stalbansclaret wrote:Yeah but that isn't really an opinion is it..it's just ridiculous abuse. And abuse of one of our own players... a guy who has been good enough to achieve status as a professional, and then Premier League and International, footballer. But he's "shite" and "crap".........can you see how unpleasant and ridiculous your abuse is ?
I think you will find it is an opinion. I judge players by the company they are in. Obviously he is better than the lads down townley on a Sunday morning but being judged as a premier league footballer I actually think he is shite.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:46 am

Am sure Jeff Hendrick thinks lowly of you too :lol:
This user liked this post: DAVETHEVICAR

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:48 am

Do you ever question your opinion when you look around and nobody agrees with you? You are entitled to think that but at worse he’s an average premier league player
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Untinted Glasses

Post by Untinted Glasses » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:36 am

Burnley1989 wrote:Do you ever question your opinion when you look around and nobody agrees with you? You are entitled to think that but at worse he’s an average premier league player
I am not a sheep and don't bow to peer pressure nor do I fear being in the minority. Society does however try and force us to follow the majority or risk being bullied. I'll stick to my opinion no matter what the balance of thought is.

Just to reiterate he's a shite footballer in my opinion as far as the premier league standards are.

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:44 pm

Just because someone says on a messageboard that they think a player is shoite doesn’t constitute giving him “ridiculous abuse”. It’s giving an opinion.

For the record I agree with Untinted. A wonder goal and a slightly better than average performance doesn’t change my opinion of Jeff Hendrick. But I’m happy to hold my hand up and admit I’m wrong if he’s continually putting in good performances week in week out like McNeil and Westwood do.
This user liked this post: Untinted Glasses

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 2963 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:02 pm

You don't think calling someone "shite" is abuse ?

OK

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Winstonswhite wrote:Just because someone says on a messageboard that they think a player is shoite doesn’t constitute giving him “ridiculous abuse”. It’s giving an opinion.

For the record I agree with Untinted. A wonder goal and a slightly better than average performance doesn’t change my opinion of Jeff Hendrick. But I’m happy to hold my hand up and admit I’m wrong if he’s continually putting in good performances week in week out like McNeil and Westwood do.
Interestingly, we can test this with evidence. He's been continually putting in good performances week in week out for the whole of this calendar year (just like McNeil and Westwood), yet you're still not giving him credit.
This user liked this post: DAVETHEVICAR

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by boyyanno » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:23 pm

claretspice wrote:Interestingly, we can test this with evidence. He's been continually putting in good performances week in week out for the whole of this calendar year (just like McNeil and Westwood), yet you're still not giving him credit.
Are you honestly saying that in the whole of 2019 Hendrick has had a good game every week? He's been no-where near as good as Mcneil or Westwood imo. Iv'e been very complimentary to Jeff for the game on Sat but if he had shown this more often he would find himself starting in our midfield two and not shoehorned out to RM because we have injuries. The ridiculous over the top comments about Hendrick are as bad as the massively negative ones.

As far as "evidence" goes, on the player ratings has Hendrick had 7 or above for each game in 2019? If he hasn't then i'd say what you are expressing is an opinion and not a fact, just like everyone else on here.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:43 pm

boyyanno wrote:Are you honestly saying that in the whole of 2019 Hendrick has had a good game every week? He's been no-where near as good as Mcneil or Westwood imo. Iv'e been very complimentary to Jeff for the game on Sat but if he had shown this more often he would find himself starting in our midfield two and not shoehorned out to RM because we have injuries. The ridiculous over the top comments about Hendrick are as bad as the massively negative ones.

As far as "evidence" goes, on the player ratings has Hendrick had 7 or above for each game in 2019? If he hasn't then i'd say what you are expressing is an opinion and not a fact, just like everyone else on here.
I think there's a pretty settled consensus that having got into the side at the beginning of the year on the right hand side, Hendrick was one of our best players through until the end of the season. I haven't checked, but I'd be surprised if he didn't have reasonable scores on the player ratings thread since then (he won't have averaged 7 in every game; noone has, including McNeil and Westwood).

But it's definitely my opinion that he's been a key player this calendar year.
These 2 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret DAVETHEVICAR

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:43 pm

It's nice when a player can silence his critics and good of those critics to acknowledge it. I've always been a Hendrick fan but I have been guilty of criticising Barnes in the past but he has shut me up good and proper (and I'm so glad he has).

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 pm

He's becoming very Arfield-esque, with more skill, and I will always be a huge huge Arfield fan.
Works incredibly hard defensively and is far more creative than given credit for... mainly because sometimes he doesn't pull it off and gives the ball away. But when he does we tend to find ourselves on a good break.