REPORT: Clarets stop the singing Canaries

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

REPORT: Clarets stop the singing Canaries

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:54 pm

Burnley v Norwich report

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/clarets-sto ... g-canaries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 4 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Cajun turfytopper Burnleyareback2

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Re: REPORT: Clarets stop the singing Canaries

Post by mdd2 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi Tony. Good report as usual. Long not Gibson was a sub.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:44 pm

mdd2 wrote:Hi Tony. Good report as usual. Long not Gibson was a sub.
I’d got it right in the body of the report but then wrong on the team list at the bottom. Now corrected. Thanks.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:53 pm

No problem CT. One can proof read until the cows come home and still miss typos etc-done it myself too many times to recall.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 836 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:46 pm

This is my favourite bit...

"Did we play them at the wrong time?"

NOPE! :D

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:35 am

The mystifying thing for me was before the game the media (particularly the Beeb) were banging on about how we hadn't won since the opening game and saying (in one report) that we'd had a slow start. Where do they get these ideas from? We battered Southampton, lost unfortunately and undeservedly at Arsenal (no shame there), got a point at Wolves which should have been 3 but for the injury time penalty, lost at home to Liverpool after matching them for 30 minutes or so until the freak goal meant we had to chase the game, and played fairly poorly at Brighton but still fought and got the point. Where, given the fixtures (three away and one at home to Liverpool) do they get the idea that we had a 'slow start'? We then went on to batter Norwich far more than the 2-0 scoreline suggests.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is going to be another pretty decent season for us?
These 2 users liked this post: CleggHall Bosscat

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:39 am

houseboy wrote:The mystifying thing for me was before the game the media (particularly the Beeb) were banging on about how we hadn't won since the opening game and saying (in one report) that we'd had a slow start. Where do they get these ideas from? We battered Southampton, lost unfortunately and undeservedly at Arsenal (no shame there), got a point at Wolves which should have been 3 but for the injury time penalty, lost at home to Liverpool after matching them for 30 minutes or so until the freak goal meant we had to chase the game, and played fairly poorly at Brighton but still fought and got the point. Where, given the fixtures (three away and one at home to Liverpool) do they get the idea that we had a 'slow start'? We then went on to batter Norwich far more than the 2-0 scoreline suggests.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is going to be another pretty decent season for us?
The amount of stuff I read and heard about us having a difficult start yet we sit after six games with only two of the top six having beaten us.

Looked up a couple of stats last night - since winning promotion in 2016 we've won 35, drawn 20 and lost 27 of our Premier League games against non top six teams. From the home game against West Ham last season to now, we've picked up 36 points from 25 games.

I don't think we are doing too badly are we?
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat houseboy

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:44 am

The Press have got to write something in the build-up To Premier League Matches; even the less glamorous ones.
In the absence of thorough research, glib banalities and cliches will suffice, it seems.
This user liked this post: houseboy

houseboy
Been Liked: 2240 times
Has Liked: 1618 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:28 am

Lord Beamish wrote:The Press have got to write something in the build-up To Premier League Matches; even the less glamorous ones.
In the absence of thorough research, glib banalities and cliches will suffice, it seems.
To be honest, at the risk of sounding paranoid, I sometimes think that the media write and say all they can to do us down. The fairest comments we get seem to come these days from MOTD, particularly and surprisingly from Mr Shearer. He comes across as having a remarkable respect for Sean Dyche and everything he is doing at our club. Far be it from me to praise an ex-Rover (spits at the ground and utters unspeakable oaths) but he does seem to be fairly on point when it comes to us.