Heaton Villa

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Heaton Villa

Post by Longside4evr » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:25 am

watched the game yesterday between Arsenal and Villa, Heaton made some good stops but the pundits said his positioning for Arsenals 3rd from Aubameyang set piece was his mistake he was un sighted with the wall but should have had it covered.

He went in rash when they played Bournemouth and gave a penalty away with there defence i think he panics and theirs mistakes in him to capitalise on, our players will certainly know his weakness and i can see the writings on the wall for a penalty put past him to win it.

Villa played well first half and look good on the counter but if we can get at them like we did against Norwich they drop back so deep and invite there own pressure.
They have some good players, the loss will dent there confidence that's two straight games now that they have not got something out of it with the opposing team having a player sent off.
If they would have won yesterday i think that they would have been brimming with confidence and probably a different animal to play against this weekend, still it didn't stop the Villa fans from singing England's No 1

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Re: Heaton Villa

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:30 am

After we have given Tom the great round of applause/cheer he deserves, then please give Nick Pope an even bigger cheer.

He's ours.
These 3 users liked this post: randomclaret2 mybloodisclaret MT03ALG

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:32 am

Great player for us, but I don’t really care about his form now he’s not playing for us, except of course for next week where my only desire is to see him pick the ball out of the net a few times.
This user liked this post: turfytopper

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:36 am

I think we need to stop the obsession with Heaton.
He was a great signing for us, a great keeper and a great captain, but he's correctly moved on now and so should we.
I hope he has a good game against us so long as he concedes one more goal than Nick Pope, who more than deserves the Burnley shirt and is the future.
I really wouldn't want to see us win due to a Heaton howler next week, though I think that highly unlikely anyway.
These 5 users liked this post: Bosscat turfytopper Padiham Joe mybloodisclaret MT03ALG

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:39 am

nil_desperandum wrote:I think we need to stop the obsession with Heaton.
He was a great signing for us, a great keeper and a great captain, but he's correctly moved on now and so should we.
I hope he has a good game against us so long as he concedes one more goal than Nick Pope, who more than deserves the Burnley shirt and is the future.
I really wouldn't want to see us win due to a Heaton howler next week, though I think that highly unlikely anyway.
I’m more than happy for him literally to throw one in if it means we win.
These 2 users liked this post: turfytopper MT03ALG

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:45 am

I would and be over the moon if he had the worst game hes ever played in as long as we win poor game or not
And just for the record no obsession here just a take on a former player that served us well
This user liked this post: MT03ALG

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:45 am

I think we should give Heaton a rousing round of applause, loudly cheer and sing for Pope and then boo and throw rotten tomatoes at Hart
This user liked this post: mickleoverclaret

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:I think we should give Heaton a rousing round of applause, loudly cheer and sing for Pope and then boo and throw rotten tomatoes at Hart
Can you get rotten tomatoes into football grounds these days?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:50 am

martin_p wrote:Can you get rotten tomatoes into football grounds these days?
Apparently Villa sell them instead of beer in the top tier though they are a bit pricey like our Twix's
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:54 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:Apparently Villa sell them instead of beer in the top tier though they are a bit pricey like our Twix's
"I like a good bloody Mary" :lol:

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by theroyaldyche » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:04 am

F him

Hes not one of ours anymore. Let him concede plenty and let them be relegated
These 2 users liked this post: Darnhill Claret fatboy47

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2293 times
Has Liked: 2166 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:23 am

theroyaldyche wrote:F him

Hes not one of ours anymore. Let him concede plenty and let them be relegated

That’s the spirit Cutsy :lol:
These 3 users liked this post: JohnMac FactualFrank theroyaldyche

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:33 am

Longside4evr wrote:watched the game yesterday between Arsenal and Villa, Heaton made some good stops but the pundits said his positioning for Arsenals 3rd from Aubameyang set piece was his mistake he was un sighted with the wall but should have had it covered.

He went in rash when they played Bournemouth and gave a penalty away with there defence i think he panics and theirs mistakes in him to capitalise on, our players will certainly know his weakness and i can see the writings on the wall for a penalty put past him to win it.

Villa played well first half and look good on the counter but if we can get at them like we did against Norwich they drop back so deep and invite there own pressure.
They have some good players, the loss will dent there confidence that's two straight games now that they have not got something out of it with the opposing team having a player sent off.
If they would have won yesterday i think that they would have been brimming with confidence and probably a different animal to play against this weekend, still it didn't stop the Villa fans from singing England's No 1
I thought it was odd that, on MOTD, Danny Murphy mentined Heaton’s positioning, but failed to mention Grealish taking evasive action on the end of the Villa wall. If he’d done that for Burnley, Dyche would have nailed him to the dressing room wall!

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 am

martin_p wrote:Can you get rotten tomatoes into football grounds these days?
if you stay long enough! :?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:51 am

Re Villa, not sure yesterday's result will have any impact on Saturday just like Norwich beating City didn't.

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:18 am

I just hope Tom gets back ache on Saturday afternoon. :)

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:06 pm

I hope he fails big time. Nothing personal at all, and I think most fans knew Pope was the one to keep, but he's playing for a side I want to go down. It's that simple.
This user liked this post: theroyaldyche

edlass
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 37 times

Post by edlass » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:28 pm

Does anyone think Aston Villa will benefit from the fact he knows the club and players very well?

I am hoping it won't make a difference!

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:40 pm

I was sorry to see Tom go but..... he felt it was time so bye bye Tom.

Pope Nicholas is our number one now and long live the Pope... he saw us to 7th 2 years ago and he ain't too shabby at the moment either.
Get his kicking sorted a bit better and all will be well.

Its time Hart went on to pastures new and Bailey Peacock-Farrell was on the bench.....

I will cheer Tom pre kick off at Villa on Saturday but once those Gloves of his go on .. Ours come off and he is the enemy...

UTC

Little_britton
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Little_britton » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:22 pm

scouseclaret wrote:I thought it was odd that, on MOTD, Danny Murphy mentined Heaton’s positioning, but failed to mention Grealish taking evasive action on the end of the Villa wall. If he’d done that for Burnley, Dyche would have nailed him to the dressing room wall!
Grealish appeared as much at fault to me, seemed Heaton set up 2 walls so he could see through the middle but Grealish (who was on the end) bottled it leaving the corner open.

Fairly poor from Murphy

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:27 pm

606 caller yesterday demanding Dean Smith go.
Said the signing of Heaton was the only good thing he'd done and that he was worth 6 points alone. The other £110 million in signing have done nothing.

I'm quite happy for them to 'do a Fulham'.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Love Tom, and always will but I think the price tag is weighing heavily at the moment. I won’t be too upset if it carries on until Christmas when we’re long gone from the zone.

Really hope it works out for him long term.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:29 pm

I hope he has a stinker against us - not because he is Heaton but just because he is the opposition goalie. The obsession you mention was just that mate. As I stated when he left we won't miss him (and we haven't) because we have a player just as good in Pope. Not only that but I also questioned whether our defence made him look better than he actually was (not saying that as a fact just posed the question) and he certainly (from what I have seen) hasn't looked as dependable with Villa as he did with us. Either way it will be nice to see both of them at either ends of the pitch but I won't have any sympathy for him if he has to pick the ball out of the net about 5 times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8707 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:55 pm

I am sure we will give him huge applause - he has earned that and he is a local lad. However, thereafter, we should raise the roof to make sure he let's a few in.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:35 pm

The big difference is that Tom doesn't have the players, structure and framework that he had here. Shows how good our defence coaching and training is.

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:39 pm

houseboy wrote:I hope he has a stinker against us - not because he is Heaton but just because he is the opposition goalie.
Well I disagree, and I think many would agree with me. I'd be absolutely delighted to see him concede 4 or 5 at the weekend, but I'd prefer all of them to be good unstoppable goals and for him to be their MOTM.
It was great fun watching Shackell have a miserable time at Derby, but I wouldn't want to see Heaton being the main talking point after the match for all the wrong reasons.
As I said, so long as he concedes more than Pope I'll be more than happy.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:46 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Well I disagree, and I think many would agree with me. I'd be absolutely delighted to see him concede 4 or 5 at the weekend, but I'd prefer all of them to be good unstoppable goals and for him to be their MOTM.
It was great fun watching Shackell have a miserable time at Derby, but I wouldn't want to see Heaton being the main talking point after the match for all the wrong reasons.
I see where you're coming from bud but I think what most people like is for ex-Clarets to do well - but not against us. ;)

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:51 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Well I disagree, and I think many would agree with me. I'd be absolutely delighted to see him concede 4 or 5 at the weekend, but I'd prefer all of them to be good unstoppable goals and for him to be their MOTM.
Concede 4 or 5 at the weekend, that'll do.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:40 pm

houseboy wrote:I see where you're coming from bud but I think what most people like is for ex-Clarets to do well - but not against us. ;)
Depends on the ex=clarets.
Shackell- no way, Gray too
Tom is a definite as would be Boyd Jones Deano Wallace -the latter two more so given they signed extensions for less money when we were really hard up.
These 2 users liked this post: jrtod61 Bosscat

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:56 pm

mdd2 wrote:Depends on the ex=clarets.
Shackell- no way, Gray too
Tom is a definite as would be Boyd Jones Deano Wallace -the latter two more so given they signed extensions for less money when we were really hard up.
Boyd and Wallace - now there were two great Clarets. Did Boyd EVER stop running? I'm sure he ran in his sleep. One of the hardest working Clarets I ever saw (and I've seen hundreds).

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Several factors, but like I say, hope he fails big time and sends Villa down.

Untinted Glasses
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 152 times

Post by Untinted Glasses » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:34 pm

Best post of the day. Stop the obsession with Heaton and then continues with the most obsessive post about Heaton. Brilliant

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:58 pm

Untinted Glasses wrote:Best post of the day. Stop the obsession with Heaton and then continues with the most obsessive post about Heaton. Brilliant
Not sure how you detected any element of obsession in my post. Just said he was a good servant, I wish him well, except against us, and I hope we win. And that's it. The page has turned over for me.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:00 pm

I can't believe we are all not saying the same thing

Give him a clap, then hope he has an absolute stinker.

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:00 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Not sure how you detected any element of obsession in my post. Just said he was a good servant, I wish him well, except against us, and I hope we win. And that's it. The page has turned over for me.
This is what I wrote incidentally, for anyone wants to grade it for "obsession levels";

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:19 pm

Villa fans starting to question Heaton's positioning:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/19067-t ... n/page/39/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:33 pm

Spijed wrote:Villa fans starting to question Heaton's positioning:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/19067-t ... n/page/39/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only read the first few, but overall they seem to rate him a lot. He's not as good as Pope, but he's doing well for them.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:41 pm

Spijed wrote:Villa fans starting to question Heaton's positioning:

He was in no man's land for Arsenals winner on Sunday. Thought it was basic stuff that when facing a free kick you cover one side and set up the wall to cover the other.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:49 pm

jrgbfc wrote:He was in no man's land for Arsenals winner on Sunday. Thought it was basic stuff that when facing a free kick you cover one side and set up the wall to cover the other.
Watch it again, and keep your eyes on Grealish jibbing it on the end of the wall. Heaton wouldn’t have been expecting that!
These 2 users liked this post: LeadBelly boatshed bill

ClaretRock
Been Liked: 38 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by ClaretRock » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:37 am

Look at how he plays against another ex club Man U. He has his best game of the season against them usually. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens against us. I imagine he will feel he will want to prove himself against us. Hopefully As said Pope has an even better game and let's in less goals though.

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:32 am

I will be there and looking forward to it.

Until I saw this thread I had forgotten Tom was in goal against us.

Great keeper, great servant but most importantly an ex Claret and now a Villa player

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1818 times
Has Liked: 1796 times

Post by dougcollins » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:27 pm

houseboy wrote:Boyd and Wallace - now there were two great Clarets. Did Boyd EVER stop running? I'm sure he ran in his sleep. One of the hardest working Clarets I ever saw (and I've seen hundreds).

Burnley fans do like a runner.

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Tom Heaton is a top keeper and will always be regarded as a Burnley Legend.

He will get applause from me on Saturday before kick-off and after the game I will be glad that he was Club Captain and Top Class Keeper.

All the best Tom !

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Not sure what all the fuss is about as Heaton will likely have nowt to do all game

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:19 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Not sure what all the fuss is about as Heaton will likely have nowt to do all game
.....except pick the ball from the back of the net a couple of times

claretsintown
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by claretsintown » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:29 pm

He deserves warm applause and a chant of Englands Englands number two
We then salute Popey with Englands number 1

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Sorry guys. Can’t agree with all the Heaton love in. He was a great Claret - loved him - but he is no longer one of us. He left chasing coin (no problem with that as such) and showed no loyalty (again that’s up to him) but he deserves no loyalty as he showed none. Nothing against him but all this ‘let’s all give him applause’ stuff is just beyond me. He is just another opposition goalie who I hope has a bad day.

Sentimentality is all very well but it only goes so far with me. Can anyone actually say he’s been missed? I said he wouldn’t be because we have Pope, that’ll do for me.

Longside4evr

Post by Longside4evr » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:52 am

No love on here dont see anyone's guilty of that just a plain simple former Burnley player and a take on him now playing for a rival
He didn't go chasing the cash he just secured a longer term contact that our club prepared to only offer a years deal
So rightful so took an offer he couldn't refuse with his family at heart
Who wouldn't have done that in his shoes
Brilliant servant to the club but I think with Pope in the middle of our goal we have a long term future and a better keeper with secured and sufficient back up
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat houseboy

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:56 am

I will stand and applaud Tom Heaton before the match, but once the whistle blows he is a Villain.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:58 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:Not sure what all the fuss is about as Heaton will likely have nowt to do all game
Are you from that Scottish Island mentioned in the "Firestick" thread by Bfc in post 42 ;)