U.F.O last night

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

U.F.O last night

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:04 pm

I was out with the dogs last night about 10.45 giving them their last “wee” of the day when I saw something very strange in the sky. I actually live on the outskirts of Darwen on the way to Bolton so seeing lights in the sky isn’t unusual as we often have planes flying over on the way to Manchester Airport.
This however was different, I watched this light, a really bright white colour just pause in the sky towards Winter Hill, then just disappear at approximately a 45 degree angle. Even though the weather wasn’t great last night you could still see this clearly.
When I got home, which was pretty soon afterwards I can tell you, I deliberated whether I should report what I saw or was I going to be ridiculed. I decided to call 101.
Within my day job I regularly work with the Poilice and often have to report issues via 101. As we all know, the Police are incredibly stretched at the minute and often calls through to the non emergency line are logged, but you’re lucky if you have any response from either a Pcso, or a Police Officer within a few days.
What I really found incredibly unusual was within approximately 15 minutes of me putting the phone down, I had a call from a Police Officer who took an incredibly detailed statement from me, including direction I was facing, times etc.
This was more detailed than any other statement I’ve ever given which was really strange...
This immediately got me thinking, was this something they were concerned about, was this some sort of military test as there are airfields such as Wharton only a stones throw away?
Before I get the anticipated, you should expect to see aliens in Darwen, have you been drinking etc :D ,I can assure you I am totally in the camp with regards to UFO’s, ghosts etc that I won’t believe in them until I see one..

I’m just a normal middle aged bloke, a family man with a professional job.

Who knows what I saw last night, but it certainly sent a shiver down my spine...

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Re: U.F.O last night

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Maybe the police think it was probably a drone and therefore a risk to aircraft?

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:This however was different, I watched this light, a really bright white colour just pause in the sky towards Winter Hill, then just disappear at approximately a 45 degree angle. Even though the weather wasn’t great last night you could still see this clearly.
So you mean it took/flew off at a high speed at a 45 degree angle high into the sky?

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:15 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:Maybe the police think it was probably a drone and therefore a risk to aircraft?
Possibly, but the planes that pass us I would imagine are still at several thousand feet in altitude still so would a drone be able to go that high?
I've no idea but it seemed far too big, and fast to be a drone. Hard to tell the scale of what I saw but it must have been several miles away and it still looked quite big in the sky.

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:17 pm

FactualFrank wrote:So you mean it took/flew off at a high speed at a 45 degree angle high into the sky?
Yes.. Seem to stay still for a couple off seconds then just went at that sort of angle..

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:19 pm

I saw something several years ago similar to what you say, and the next day was told it was some sort of light show. I guess a strong light from the ground could have been the reason.

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:22 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I saw something several years ago similar to what you say, and the next day was told it was some sort of light show. I guess a strong light from the ground could have been the reason.
Who knows mate? My guess is it's some sort of military aircraft being tested. For something to transition from what looked like a hover, to that sort of speed and angle so quickly, then just disappear was the strangest thing I've ever seen for sure...

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:Possibly, but the planes that pass us I would imagine are still at several thousand feet in altitude still so would a drone be able to go that high?
I've no idea but it seemed far too big, and fast to be a drone. Hard to tell the scale of what I saw but it must have been several miles away and it still looked quite big in the sky.

I’m just saying why the Police took so much interest.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:I was out with the dogs last night about 10.45 giving them their last “wee” of the day when I saw something very strange in the sky. I actually live on the outskirts of Darwen on the way to Bolton so seeing lights in the sky isn’t unusual as we often have planes flying over on the way to Manchester Airport.
This however was different, I watched this light, a really bright white colour just pause in the sky towards Winter Hill, then just disappear at approximately a 45 degree angle. Even though the weather wasn’t great last night you could still see this clearly.
When I got home, which was pretty soon afterwards I can tell you, I deliberated whether I should report what I saw or was I going to be ridiculed. I decided to call 101.
Within my day job I regularly work with the Poilice and often have to report issues via 101. As we all know, the Police are incredibly stretched at the minute and often calls through to the non emergency line are logged, but you’re lucky if you have any response from either a Pcso, or a Police Officer within a few days.
What I really found incredibly unusual was within approximately 15 minutes of me putting the phone down, I had a call from a Police Officer who took an incredibly detailed statement from me, including direction I was facing, times etc.
This was more detailed than any other statement I’ve ever given which was really strange...
This immediately got me thinking, was this something they were concerned about, was this some sort of military test as there are airfields such as Wharton only a stones throw away?
Before I get the anticipated, you should expect to see aliens in Darwen, have you been drinking etc :D ,I can assure you I am totally in the camp with regards to UFO’s, ghosts etc that I won’t believe in them until I see one..

Who knows what I saw last night, but it certainly sent a shiver down my spine...
"We are not alone" :D

Spike
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:33 pm

could be an uncomplicated vitreous detachment of your eye or eyes.

Bright lights appear from the corner of your eye when you go from the light and go out into the dark.

try it again tonight looking in a different direction.

if it happens again see your optician.

I am being serious I have the condition

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:34 pm

tim_noone wrote:"We are not alone" :D
Who knows, but I'm not renewing my season ticket as early next year if we're going to get obliterated!!! :D

BurningBeard
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 158 times

Post by BurningBeard » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Are you suffering from memory loss or rectal discomfort?
This user liked this post: tarkys_ears

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Maybe it was one of the new RAF F35 jets? They can hover and do vertical take off.

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Spike wrote:could be an uncomplicated vitreous detachment of your eye or eyes.

Bright lights appear from the corner of your eye when you go from the light and go out into the dark.

try it again tonight looking in a different direction.

if it happens again see your optician.

I am being serious I have the condition
There's no way I'm going out there tonight again, I'm sending the wife :D

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 pm

BurningBeard wrote:Are you suffering from memory loss or rectal discomfort?
Yep, I love everything Blackburn Rovers and I haven't sat down for a week.... ;)

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:46 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:Maybe it was one of the new RAF F35 jets? They can hover and do vertical take off.
I thought that but there was no noise, and the transition from hover to that angle was rapid, I'm sure the F35's, as brilliant as they are take some time to get from hover, to fast flight. I know that distance can mask noise but we've regularly had the Typhoons fly over us on the way to the Southport Air show and they make a right din even when they're miles away...

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Anything that moves as rapidly as you say is usually connected with light, it's the only thing that appears to move instantly. There are strange things out there but alien visitation is not very likely (as much as most of us would like it to be). It could have been an aircraft test but the problem there would be that physics as we currently understand it wouldn't allow for sudden changes of direction (unless you're a Lib Dem) and instantaneous acceleration. Also if it were something secretive I don't think the police would be so 'detailed' as that would arouse suspicion.

It is likely to be some light deflection or other but we should never close our eyes to the 'impossible'. Aliens would have to either travel for unbelievable amounts of time to reach us or have a mode of transport that has not even been conceived of by us as yet. Given that Einstein suggested that exceeding light-speed is an impossibility as it would take infinite amounts of fuel we would have to accept that meeting other beings is impossible or...he was wrong.

Indeed - who knows?
This user liked this post: Andreshotboots

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Cue the Twilight Zone music and the dulcet tones of Rod Serling.

Weather Balloon possibly :roll:
Military secret test possibly :roll:
Chinese Lantern possibly :roll:

Someone playing with a Drone possibly :roll:

My mate has one that has lights underneath, and at night looks well strange flying it over the village green and it looks a lot further away than it actually is (if you didn't know what it was).... and it is almost silent. Also it can look like its something in the distance moving very quickly.

That said it could have been Aliens checking out to take over the world ... took one look at Blackburn with Darwen and the surrounding countryside and thought **** its a Sh**hole lets bugger off back to Alpha Centauri and the nightlife :D :D :D
Last edited by Bosscat on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:48 pm

The ubiquity of the camera phone has rather killed the 'mysterious lights / UFO' scene.

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Bosscat wrote:Cue the Twilight Zone music and the dulcet tones of Rod Serling.

My mate has one that has lights underneath, and at night looks well strange flying it over the village green and it looks a lot further away than it actually is (if you didn't know what it was).... and it is almost silent. Also it can look like its something in the distance moving very quickly.

That said it could have been Aliens checking out to take over the world ... took one look at Blackburn with Darwen and the surrounding countryside and thought **** its a Sh**hole lets bugger off back to Alpha Centauri and the nightlife :D :D :D
I could have told them that. Would have saved me nearly soiling my keks.... :D
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Doctor doctor please....
Oh the mess I’m in...
This user liked this post: Stevie2112

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Bosscat wrote:Cue the Twilight Zone music and the dulcet tones of Rod Serling.

Hey Boss have you ever seen The World's End? Hugely funny film, seen it a few times. Your last paragraph puts me in mind of the final encounter with the alien network.

The Network: It is our duty to challenge you!
Gary King: Just leave us to our own devices, you intergalactic ars*holes!
The Network: You misunderstand!
Gary King: Shut up!
The Network: We are trying-
Gary King: Nobody's listening!!
The Network: If you'd only-!
Gary King: FACE IT! We are the human race, and we don't like being told what to do!
The Network: Just what is it you want to do?!
Gary King: We wanna be free!
Andrew Knightley: Yeah!
Gary King: We wanna be free to do what we wanna do!
Andrew Knightley: Yeah.
Gary King: We wanna get loaded!
Steven Prince: Yeah!
Gary King: And we wanna have a good time! And that's what we're gonna do!
The Network: It's pointless arguing with you... [Begins shutting down] You will be left to your own devices.
Gary King: Really?
The Network: Yeah...f*ck it. [Shuts down]

The whole argument is bizarre in the extreme but it is just what you could imagine a northerner saying to an alien invader. The whole dialogue (there's a lot more if you haven't seen it) cracks me up no end - the classic intelectual versus imbecile encounter.

Andingle
Been Liked: 273 times
Has Liked: 349 times

Post by Andingle » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:Who knows, but I'm not renewing my season ticket as early next year if we're going to get obliterated!!! :D
Only by Liverpool & Man.City as they are out of this world :D
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:24 pm

houseboy wrote:Hey Boss have you ever seen The World's End? Hugely funny film, seen it a few times. Your last paragraph puts me in mind of the final encounter with the alien network.

The Network: It is our duty to challenge you!
Gary King: Just leave us to our own devices, you intergalactic ars*holes!
The Network: You misunderstand!
Gary King: Shut up!
The Network: We are trying-
Gary King: Nobody's listening!!
The Network: If you'd only-!
Gary King: FACE IT! We are the human race, and we don't like being told what to do!
The Network: Just what is it you want to do?!
Gary King: We wanna be free!
Andrew Knightley: Yeah!
Gary King: We wanna be free to do what we wanna do!
Andrew Knightley: Yeah.
Gary King: We wanna get loaded!
Steven Prince: Yeah!
Gary King: And we wanna have a good time! And that's what we're gonna do!
The Network: It's pointless arguing with you... [Begins shutting down] You will be left to your own devices.
Gary King: Really?
The Network: Yeah...f*ck it. [Shuts down]

The whole argument is bizarre in the extreme but it is just what you could imagine a northerner saying to an alien invader. The whole dialogue (there's a lot more if you haven't seen it) cracks me up no end - the classic intelectual versus imbecile encounter.
Ah so that is where the speech at the beginning of loaded by Primal Scream comes from. Thanks.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Goobs wrote:Ah so that is where the speech at the beginning of loaded by Primal Scream comes from. Thanks.
Really? Never heard that.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:I was out with the dogs last night about 10.45 giving them their last “wee” of the day when I saw something very strange in the sky. I actually live on the outskirts of Darwen on the way to Bolton so seeing lights in the sky isn’t unusual as we often have planes flying over on the way to Manchester Airport.

Many years ago I went out with a lass from Hoddlesden and spent a lot of time in Darwen, there are loads of sightings of UFOs round there.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:48 pm

I think they test technology that will be commonplace in ten to twenty years, the stealth bomber was a classic it was sited mainly over the North sea at the time and it was a UFO story.
Who knows.

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:Many years ago I went out with a lass from Hoddlesden and spent a lot of time in Darwen, there are loads of sightings of UFOs round there.
I'm only live half a mile down the road from the village :shock:

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:50 pm

I saw a UFO once. I was at Butlins Pwhelli.

No it wasn't on the funfair!

Came out from the dance place. Folk looking up. Lit object in sky.
Suddenly moved across sky very rapidly and stopped dead. Returned to original place in same way.

Then whoosjed off upwards and gone..

Everyone looked at each other.

Then we all wandered off.

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:Many years ago I went out with a lass from Hoddlesden and spent a lot of time in Darwen, there are loads of sightings of UFOs round there.
And the rest of us just call them aeroplanes.
These 2 users liked this post: tarkys_ears Bosscat

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:08 pm

I was in the RAF on a Jaguar Sqn at Coltishall in Norfolk and I remember one of our pilots came in from a night sortie looking freaked out. He went on to tell us about seeing some strange lights that were quite close to him. He was pretty rattled.

Andreshotboots

Post by Andreshotboots » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:58 pm

Pearcey wrote:I was in the RAF on a Jaguar Sqn at Coltishall in Norfolk and I remember one of our pilots came in from a night sortie looking freaked out. He went on to tell us about seeing some strange lights that were quite close to him. He was pretty rattled.
There are also lots of documented statements from commercial pilots who have witnessed unexplained objects from the cockpit.

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:01 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techands ... spartanntp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tomorrows technology, they will be testing this somewhere.