You can take the lad from Burnley......

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
turfytopper
Been Liked: 409 times
Has Liked: 3421 times

You can take the lad from Burnley......

Post by turfytopper » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:25 pm

I left Burnley (Nelson) in 1981 and live in Sussex Not far from Gatwick airport.

Friday morning I was chatting to a work friend in the reception area where I was overheard by a couple of people I'd never met, "He sounds just like Michael", (I think) I overheard her comment to her partner.

Turns out they have just spent time visiting friends in Padiham, staying at the Lawrence Hotel which they thought excellent.

Apparently I sound just like their friend....the Lanky elocution lessons paid off.

So not only have I always been a Claret, but I've always sounded like one too.

Hats off to the Lawrence Hotel.
These 5 users liked this post: Bosscat Loyalclaret FactualFrank The Enclosure gawthorpe_view

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Re: You can take the lad from Burnley......

Post by Loyalclaret » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:31 pm

I was outside a bar with my wife and child in Miami, talking to three American lads. One turned to the other and said “he sounds just like Michael”

Micheal Bisping it turned out :)
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone FactualFrank

atlantalad
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by atlantalad » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:51 am

I was selling my pickup truck and advertised it in the local rag of a rural backwater in Georgia. A girl phoned and asked if it was still for sale - it was I said and I proceeded to give her more details. The phone went quiet for a while then I heard .... Mam .... come and listen to this guy with an "awesome" accent. :P

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:43 am

I used to visit Amerca a lot with my job and Americans love the Lancashire accent I found.
Ps
Particularly the ladies . :D

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:53 am

atlantalad wrote:I was selling my pickup truck and advertised it in the local rag of a rural backwater in Georgia. A girl phoned and asked if it was still for sale - it was I said and I proceeded to give her more details. The phone went quiet for a while then I heard .... Mam .... come and listen to this guy with an "awesome" accent. :P
Isn't most of Georgia a rural backwater?

Good BBQ though