ARTICLE: JBG out for weeks

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Re: ARTICLE: JBG out for weeks

Post by houseboy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:53 pm

jrgbfc wrote:I don't know, Dyche isn't completely against using wingers on the "wrong" side. Lennon has played on the left a bit for us. With the emergence of McNeil it's probably the only way Brady is going to get a chance.
I really hope he does because I think an out of position Brady would be a better option than Lennon. Not being disrespectful to Lennon as he is a decent player (brilliant in his day) but I just think a fit and on song Brady is just a better player. We still have, as I have said before, Lennon on the bench if Brady is not working.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:56 pm

houseboy wrote:The problem seems to be sometimes he will experiment but then persists even when it is patently not working (Hendrick at number 10?)
Ah yes, the failed system during the period when went 4th in the Premier League in December - and people still say it wasn't working.
These 2 users liked this post: Tall Paul basil6345789

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:04 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Ah yes, the failed system during the period when went 4th in the Premier League in December - and people still say it wasn't working.
Touche! :lol: The team as a whole did quite well but it was more the performances of Hendrick that came under scrutiny. I felt for him at the time because he wasn't at his best there but then people started saying he was rubbish. I love the guy and he is having a great season so far, which probably means he'll get injured anytime soon ( :( ).

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:44 pm

houseboy wrote:Touche! :lol: The team as a whole did quite well but it was more the performances of Hendrick that came under scrutiny. I felt for him at the time because he wasn't at his best there but then people started saying he was rubbish. I love the guy and he is having a great season so far, which probably means he'll get injured anytime soon ( :( ).
Hendrick's performances were part of us doing well

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:48 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Hendrick's performances were part of us doing well
I much prefer him where he is now though bud.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:18 pm

Real shame this news. I didn't especially think JBG was that injury prone in his first couple of seasons with us - beyond getting whacked a couple of times, which is hardly a reflection on his body - but since he effectively played through the summer before last season because of the world cup and our early European start, it's certainly been a different story. I'd hoped a proper rest this summer might sort him out but this is the second muscular injury he's picked up since then.

Good news is, we've no reason to panic. Whichever of Lennon or Brady comes in tomorrow, we'll still have the other on the bench and with Drinkwater and Cork not far away, we're still healthy enough.

Personally - I'd go for Lennon on the right tomorrow. Pretty sure he started at Wolves in probably our best away performance earlier in the season. His pace gives us an extra dimension on the counter attack and he can also balance out McNeil's tendency to tuck inside. It will be interesting to see whether we keep faith with the same front 2, or whether Rodriguez comes in after a couple of away days when we've been a bit indifferent in the 4-4-2.

If Jay does come in, then there's the flexibility for us to flex between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 within the game, as Jay and McNeil can swap, and Lennon has spent most of his career playing on the right of a front 3. Arguably, it's the role that suits him best and one reason we've never seen his best at Burnley is that he's not really played in that role.
This user liked this post: basil6345789

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Do clubs still get compensated from their countries when players get injured on International duty?

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:48 pm

claretspice wrote:Personally - I'd go for Lennon on the right tomorrow. Pretty sure he started at Wolves in probably our best away performance earlier in the season.
Wasn't the Wolves game the one that JBG picked up his inital injury and was replaced by Lennon?

Helmshore Claret
Been Liked: 32 times
Has Liked: 78 times

Post by Helmshore Claret » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:34 am

Tall Paul wrote:Wasn't the Wolves game the one that JBG picked up his inital injury and was replaced by Lennon?
Yes.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:25 pm

ClaretAL wrote:McNeil played out right for England the other night and in the times he did get the ball (very Seldom) he did ok. However i would prefer Hendrick on the Right, Brady on the Left and McNeil in CM.
Wow, never thought that would happen!

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 694 times
Has Liked: 600 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:53 am

houseboy wrote:JBG is a 'lefty' strictly speaking. Wonder if Brady could be as good at playing on the right? Think old Seany will have to do some re-shuffling this weekend and for the foreseeable. Think our squad is definitely in need of a refresh in January. Hope that JBG's lay off isn't too long, he is one of our most gifted players.
We seem to be a bit lopsided.