Paris firefighters, Bulgarian racists

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Paris firefighters, Bulgarian racists

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:12 pm

These two events this week have kind of made me think damn I dont want to be part of Europe if thats how they treat people. I mean the Bulgarians are just backward. And yes I have been before and they are very insular and do not like outsiders, especially British.

Then the paris firefighters getting attacked by their police force. This would never happen over here. I thought France was supposed to be civilised. If this is how they treat their heroes then I do not want to be in league with them. How long until they have our police force acting the same way

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Re: Paris firefighters, Bulgarian racists

Post by Steve1956 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:27 pm

I think we should have a referendum wether to stay in the EU...Leave or Remain sounds like a good idea
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat longsidepies

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:32 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:These two events this week have kind of made me think damn I dont want to be part of Europe if thats how they treat people. I mean the Bulgarians are just backward. And yes I have been before and they are very insular and do not like outsiders, especially British.

Then the paris firefighters getting attacked by their police force. This would never happen over here. I thought France was supposed to be civilised. If this is how they treat their heroes then I do not want to be in league with them. How long until they have our police force acting the same way
I blame Brexit

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:33 pm

We are already in league with them and have been for years and as you say it would never happen over here. Not sure why you think some Bulgarian racists at a football match and the events in Paris are suddenly going to have a direct impact on the internal affairs of the UK.

In respect to the Bulgarians I would suggest that the polarisation and divide Brexit has caused and the shift towards tribalism and nationalism is much more likely lead to our country becoming more insular with a dislike of outsiders than membership of the EU ever was likely to cause
These 6 users liked this post: dougcollins Stalbansclaret Rileybobs AfloatinClaret longsidepies nil_desperandum

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:35 pm

The UK is as backwards as anywhere when it wants to be.

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:25 pm

claret2018 wrote:The UK is as backwards as anywhere when it wants to be.
Not really
This user liked this post: Damo

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:28 pm

TheOriginalLongsider wrote:Not really
Have you ever been to Blackburn?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:31 pm

claret2018 wrote:The UK is as backwards as anywhere when it wants to be.
Have you seen the rioting in France for the last year?

Probably not as the media keep blocking it out.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:16 am

I’m loving the notion that in order to protect ourselves from the insular Bulgarians who don’t like outsiders we need to shut ourselves off from Europe.
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:18 am

martin_p wrote:I’m loving the notion that in order to protect ourselves from the insular Bulgarians who don’t like outsiders we need to shut ourselves off from Europe.

More or less than the notion that you can't cope without the EU holding your hand through life ?

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:03 pm

How dare they abuse our players while we sing No Surrender.
I'm glad England are showing everyone how to behave in football.
It's not like we weren't the biggest hooligans in the world until the russians beat us up.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:We are already in league with them and have been for years and as you say it would never happen over here. Not sure why you think some Bulgarian racists at a football match and the events in Paris are suddenly going to have a direct impact on the internal affairs of the UK.

In respect to the Bulgarians I would suggest that the polarisation and divide Brexit has caused and the shift towards tribalism and nationalism is much more likely lead to our country becoming more insular with a dislike of outsiders than membership of the EU ever was likely to cause
That's putting 2 and 2 together and coming up 6.
Just because the country voted leave does not equate to a shift towards tribalism or nationalism, that's just your myopic take on it. It's quite easy to like Europe but dislike the EU.
I'm sure by now everyone has worked on one job or another, alongside a worker from the EU, and had probably got on fine with them. Many of these people have taken up residency here, some have their own businesses here now, they bring their kids up as Brits. Going forward we will continue to rely on migrant workers in many areas, no problem. Open borders is a completely different argument, and has nothing to do with xenophobia, or nationalism.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:02 pm

claret2018 wrote:Have you ever been to Blackburn?
I have.
You really need to travel a little further though before posting on this thread again

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:04 pm

I wonder how many remainers should have voted leave had they realised that Europe and the EU were two totally different things.
Makes you wonder
These 2 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex Colburn_Claret

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Damo wrote:I wonder how many remainers should have voted leave had they realised that Europe and the EU were two totally different things.
Makes you wonder
Like the way "Earth" the planet is different from "earth" that stuff in your back garden you used to eat as a child?

I think most remainers knew there was at least a bit of a difference between the EU and Europe the band who sang "The Final Countdown".

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:20 pm

I know I do, one is a collection of European states in a trading block and the other goes "pa pa pa paaaaa...pa pa da pa paaa...pa pa pa paaaaa...pa pa da pa da pa da papa da papa dadadada daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dah pum pum pum...IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN... pa pa pa paaaaa...pa pa da pa paaa...pa pa pa paaaaa...pa pa da pa da pa da papa da papa dadadada daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dah pum pum pum..." etc etc etc. Forever.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:I know I do, one is a collection of European states in a trading block and the other goes "pa pa pa paaaaa...pa pa da pa paaa...pa pa pa paaaaa...pa pa da pa da pa da papa da papa dadadada daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dah pum pum pum...IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN... pa pa pa paaaaa...pa pa da pa paaa...pa pa pa paaaaa...pa pa da pa da pa da papa da papa dadadada daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dah pum pum pum..." etc etc etc. Forever.
Well thanks a ****in' lot, you knob.

We're leaving togethSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!!!!!

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 pm

You can tell that the T-Rex fella is an illustrated children's book author.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:44 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:You can tell that the T-Rex fella is an illustrated children's book author.
Thank you.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:02 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:You can tell that the T-Rex fella is an illustrated children's book author.

They even come with spelling mistakes hard to believe from the resident Mensa member

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:13 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:They even come with spelling mistakes hard to believe from the resident Mensa member
Which book? What page?

I am almost 100% sure there are no spelling mistakes in any of my books but if you've spotted one please let me know and I'll correct it and resubmit the manuscript.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:22 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:They even come with spelling mistakes hard to believe from the resident Mensa member
The first edition of my first book, "The Shark in the Park" had a grammar mistake and few punctuation errors because it was done as a hobby/project and a friend from sixth form edited it. I recently had it re-edited and the few niggly errors have been taken out...

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:13 am

Hey, which book? What page?

I see you replying on other threads.

If there's a mistake in one of my books I need to update the manuscript and resubmit it.