ARTICLE: Clarets to have six games televised in December and January

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 1406 times

Re: ARTICLE: Clarets to have six games televised in December and January

Post by AfloatinClaret » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:31 am

thelaughingclaret wrote:These companies get no money at all from attending fans so why should they care? It’s the premier league and the clubs in the league who allow them to wreak havoc...
Exactly, it's unreasonable for us to blame or even criticise the TV Companies over this. Why should they be expected to concern themselves with the 'attending fans', indeed the harder you make it for them the better; if they can't get to the match, they'll be more watching your TV coverage. Beyond bitching on forums like this, there's little the fans can do as their financial contribution in buying tickets,hot-benes and twixes is insignificant to the clubs compared to the TV revenue.
I have far less sympathy when I hear one or another of the Club Managers complaining about how the demands of the TV companies are making life difficult for them with congested and obscurely timed fixtures: Well tough sh1t! One of the reasons that the clubs are getting paid top-dollar for the coverage rights is because they've signed away control to the TV Companies. They can easily regain control of the fixture dates/times, simply by telling the TV Companies that they're doing so during the next contract review. Of course a reduction of fixture control would reduce football's value to the TV Companies, so the clubs would receive less for the TV rights; he who pays the piper and all that.

BFC123
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by BFC123 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:01 am

The New Year’s Day change is ridiculous.

Petersa
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by Petersa » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:02 pm

Pimlico_Claret wrote:TV constantly pushing the boundaries. Can see games being played in empty stadia with virtual fans in the future.

I heard on Sky just now that Leeds are going to make Elland Rd a 50000 plus stadium. Virtual fans could be an explanation!
This user liked this post: Pimlico_Claret

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:28 pm

I remember (I think) a couple of New Years Day matches which had early ko times.......Scunthorpe away and Wolves at home?

Atmosphere like morgues due to both games being hangover city!

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Jimmymaccer wrote:I remember (I think) a couple of New Years Day matches which had early ko times.......Scunthorpe away and Wolves at home?

Atmosphere like morgues due to both games being hangover city!
I reckon there'll be plenty of season ticket holders who don't bother on New Years Day.