Keane & Neville

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Keane & Neville

Post by joey13 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:33 pm

https://youtu.be/6_yckmKqazE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well worth a view , particularly if your last name is Drinkwater

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Re: Keane & Neville

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:46 pm

Two hours of EITHER of the Nevilles? No thanks. Please summarise it :-)

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2973 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:56 pm

These are the only Nevilles that I wish to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FznXpBYkzNc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: levraiclaret

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1149 times
Has Liked: 1443 times

Post by Pearcey » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:37 am

I enjoyed the first 20 minutes but it’s over 2 hours long and didn’t have the time. Do they mention Drinkwater?
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

karatekid
Been Liked: 1108 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:57 am

Jon Walters gets a kicking from Roy Keane at 1hour 30m

joey13

Post by joey13 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:03 pm

And Matty Taylor at the end , well I thought it was funny :)

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:44 pm

Watched this but Keane may be to the point with stuff but it makes me cringe when he compares his own success to others... Perhaps if he wasn't lucky enough to play with the golden boys he wouldn't have medals himself. Both him and Neville are up their own arses too.. The part where Neville kept trying to speak, was interrupted but ended up saying once or twice "my stories better than yours", let me speak.. seriously I get annoyed when interviewers interrupt but no need to be an egotistical **** about it.

Keane, not only talking badly about John Walters, but bad words toward Ward and Arter too. He later goes on to call Brady one of their best players for Ireland whilst mocking the rest of the teams ability.

He goes on a rant about punditry saying he only wants to watch the top teams play in the Premier League, assuming that the top games are always played by them.. Well here's news for you Roy, the top team games aren't necessarily the best and there's plenty of great games in the championship.

He mocked the standard of the championship, despite managing there and retaining he wants to get back in to management.

He mocked Yeovil and Hull too. Well that's two more teams that won't employ him.

Sounds to me like he could do with some non league management and some reflection of really how poor and tough football can be. Very different world to being able to party in Manchester with unlimited cash 3 times a week.

Sometimes it's good to say what you think, Nicky a Lauda was very much like that in F1, but to be disrespectful, rude and do it for the sake of humour is pretty low in my opinion.

He's mentally unstable if you ask me, saying Ferguson not doing things for Manchester United and being critical of Ferguson and the chairman who gave him the chance and made his career.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Can anyone let us know the interesting bits that involve us or our players/former players, CBA listening to all 2 hours, keane grates me after 5 minutes of trying too hard to be controversial

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:48 pm

MACCA wrote:Can anyone let us know the interesting bits that involve us or our players/former players, CBA listening to all 2 hours, keane grates me after 5 minutes of trying too hard to be controversial
There isn't much interesting stuff, just a couple of mentions.

I wrote about in my last post, as have others above too.

joey13

Post by joey13 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:30 pm

superdimitri wrote:Watched this but Keane may be to the point with stuff but it makes me cringe when he compares his own success to others... Perhaps if he wasn't lucky enough to play with the golden boys he wouldn't have medals himself. Both him and Neville are up their own arses too.. The part where Neville kept trying to speak, was interrupted but ended up saying once or twice "my stories better than yours", let me speak.. seriously I get annoyed when interviewers interrupt but no need to be an egotistical **** about it.

Keane, not only talking badly about John Walters, but bad words toward Ward and Arter too. He later goes on to call Brady one of their best players for Ireland whilst mocking the rest of the teams ability.

He goes on a rant about punditry saying he only wants to watch the top teams play in the Premier League, assuming that the top games are always played by them.. Well here's news for you Roy, the top team games aren't necessarily the best and there's plenty of great games in the championship.

He mocked the standard of the championship, despite managing there and retaining he wants to get back in to management.

He mocked Yeovil and Hull too. Well that's two more teams that won't employ him.

Sounds to me like he could do with some non league management and some reflection of really how poor and tough football can be. Very different world to being able to party in Manchester with unlimited cash 3 times a week.

Sometimes it's good to say what you think, Nicky a Lauda was very much like that in F1, but to be disrespectful, rude and do it for the sake of humour is pretty low in my opinion.

He's mentally unstable if you ask me, saying Ferguson not doing things for Manchester United and being critical of Ferguson and the chairman who gave him the chance and made his career.
That’ll be why both ITV and Sky want him as a pundit :roll:

Bullabill
Been Liked: 302 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Bullabill » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:37 pm

superdimitri wrote:
. Perhaps if he wasn't lucky enough to play with the golden boys he wouldn't have medals himself.

Excellent point. In a team full of average players would he have more medals to count than 'Wardy"?

I do wonder what prompted the attacks on Ward, Arter and Walters, and I was disappointed in the audience reaction to the character assassinations. Rather than strong and witty, RK came across as cowardly (knowing the three could not respond) and bullying.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1619 times
Has Liked: 890 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:06 pm

Bullabill wrote:superdimitri wrote:
. Perhaps if he wasn't lucky enough to play with the golden boys he wouldn't have medals himself.

Excellent point. In a team full of average players would he have more medals to count than 'Wardy"?

I do wonder what prompted the attacks on Ward, Arter and Walters, and I was disappointed in the audience reaction to the character assassinations. Rather than strong and witty, RK came across as cowardly (knowing the three could not respond) and bullying.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, the reason Roy Keane played for Manchester United during one of their golden eras is because he was world class himself.
This user liked this post: Claretitus

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:33 am

BurnleyFC wrote:Whilst I agree with the sentiment, the reason Roy Keane played for Manchester United during one of their golden eras is because he was world class himself.
Yes but there's plenty of players who were considered world class playing for lots of top teams only to be disappointing elsewhere. There's also been players who could have been world class making the wrong decisions... Keane himself could have signed for Blackburn...

But really if he really means what he says about being blessed and being lucky and trying to come across as being humble he should show respect to others more. Yes some Irish players aren't up to his quality but they are all certainly more professional than he was and don't carry the short fuse temperament.

Maybe Keane should get in touch with his old mate Ronaldo so Ronaldo can send him searching for his missing national team medals :?

There's always someone better...

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:00 am

Keane was undoubtedly a brilliant player who would have got in most (if not all) club sides in the world at the time.
But as a human being he is pond life - an obnoxious arrogant horrible t-wat who is despised throughout the game.
He is a bully. That interview was excruciatingly embarrassing - and no more than when he said he had given Walters his address and “invited him round”. The only reason Keane chooses to try and bully Walters in public on shows like this is he would never do this to his face. He ran scared of Walters in real life when when Walters threatened to batter him a few years ago whilst at Stoke and this is Keane’s pathetic attempt at revenge since.
The sad thing is the likes of Sky give him the platform to spout his vile...and nobody dares pull him up and ask him why he is saying the things he is about a person who has had such a difficult and tragic few years.
And the reason Keane does what he does is the most ironic thing of all - it’s because his life since leaving United had been a complete failure and he is a bitter bitter nasty little c-unt who clearly has no friends in the game or outside of the game.