REPORT: VAR farce at the King Power

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

REPORT: VAR farce at the King Power

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:23 pm

Leicester v Burnley report

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/var-farce-at-the-king-power" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

theroyaldyche
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Re: REPORT: VAR farce at the King Power

Post by theroyaldyche » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Robbed

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:32 pm

Still fuming. Gonna take a while to get over this one.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:44 pm

VAR is taxing my already weakening desire to even bother watching Football at all.
These 4 users liked this post: bobinho MDWat boatshed bill MT03ALG

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2195 times
Has Liked: 2179 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:VAR is taxing my already weakening desire to even bother watching Football at all.
I said when it was confirmed they were bringing it in (although not on here), that it would be the death of football. People laughed at me, and told me I was overreacting.

The majority of people won't care about little old Burnley, but just wait until the so called big clubs are on the receiving end of a bad call from the VAR ref. All hell will break loose!
These 2 users liked this post: Stayingup MT03ALG

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:04 pm

fidelcastro wrote:I said when it was confirmed they were bringing it in (although not on here), that it would be the death of football. People laughed at me, and told me I was overreacting.

The majority of people won't care about little old Burnley, but just wait until the so called big clubs are on the receiving end of a bad call from the VAR ref. All hell will break loose!
You are still overrreacting. It's in the early stages and will make mistakes. But overall it is most certainly helping the game.

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:06 pm

fidelcastro wrote:I said when it was confirmed they were bringing it in (although not on here), that it would be the death of football. People laughed at me, and told me I was overreacting.

They won't be on the end of one though. How Mane got that penalty t'other week when we have VAR is unbelievable
This user liked this post: MT03ALG

Texanclaret16
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Texanclaret16 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:12 pm

So someone tell me the difference between the VAR decision against us yesterday and the one in the game today between Liverpool and United.

More of a foul on origi than on Evans VAR needs to go or football will lose millions of fans this is to much of a joke now.
This user liked this post: aclaretinstevenage

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:13 pm

FactualFrank wrote:You are still overrreacting. It's in the early stages and will make mistakes. But overall it is most certainly helping the game.
Did it help us yesterday?

The only thing it is succeeding in doing is slowing the game down.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:14 pm

Belial wrote:They won't be on the end of one though. How Mane got that penalty t'other week when we have VAR is unbelievable
They might if they're playing each other!

snail12345
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by snail12345 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Gary Lineker

Verified account

@GaryLineker
10m
10 minutes ago

More
Deserved lead for @ManUtd. As for VAR: disallowing goals for that nothing challenge would really destroy the game. Got to be for the howlers only.

snail12345
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by snail12345 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:22 pm

this is the bloke who said the decision against us yesterday was correct

Suratclaret
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 787 times

Post by Suratclaret » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:23 pm

I'm no fan of VAR at all and I cannot see it removing inconsistencies in referees decisions. Maybe, just maybe, if players, encouraged by coaches in many cases, hadn't been cheating so much by trying to con the referee, VAR wouldn't have been necessary. The cheating will undoubtedly continue sadly and the VAR officials will continue to make inconsistent judgements because, after all, they are the same people who next week will be actually be in charge of a game.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:25 pm

I was crammed as a bloody wasp all last night. Ask the mrs , who went to bed early before Match Of The Day came on.

However, what impressed me and raised my spirits was how, despite having a perfectly good goal ruled out, the way that my team didn't let their heads drop one bit. In fact they had a Leicester side who many fancy for a top 4 finish, on the ropes.

A decision like that, 9 times out of 10, deflates a team and they can even concede as it rocks the side. But no, our lads, probably reflecting their Gaffas attitude, shrugged of the disappointment, rolled up their sleeves and, despite losing walked if the pitch with their heads held high, leaving Leicester knowing theyd been in a game, and were lucky, very bloody lucky to have an undeserved whole 3 points.

Fair play to our lads.
These 7 users liked this post: Suratclaret Aclaret Spijed Blackrod tim_noone MT03ALG Juan Tanamera

MDWat
Been Liked: 872 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:29 pm

Yep. Same here. Had a long conversation with two posters on here who said I should wait and see before judging but the problems were obvious since it’s implementation in all the other leagues and competitions.

As per Beamish above, my desire to watch football is waining.
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro MT03ALG

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:34 pm

MDWat wrote:Yep. Same here. Had a long conversation with two posters on here who said I should wait and see before judging but the problems were obvious since it’s implementation in all the other leagues and competitions.

As per Beamish above, my desire to watch football is waining.
I said this season would be my last as a season ticket holder.

I've seen nothing to make me consider.

The next step will no doubt be an English team who actually play their home games abroad! :roll:

The game I once loved has gone. :(
These 2 users liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46 MT03ALG

LordBob
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by LordBob » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:41 pm

And to rub salt into the wound we all have TVs and PCs where we can watch it time and time again and rip our hair out wondering how the hell on earth did they get it so wrong or maybe it was decided by whoever it wasn't going to stand regardless. I'm getting cheesed off with it as well.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:43 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I was crammed as a bloody wasp all last night. Ask the mrs , who went to bed early before Match Of The Day came on.

However, what impressed me and raised my spirits was how, despite having a perfectly good goal ruled out, the way that my team didn't let their heads drop one bit. In fact they had a Leicester side who many fancy for a top 4 finish, on the ropes.

A decision like that, 9 times out of 10, deflates a team and they can even concede as it rocks the side. But no, our lads, probably reflecting their Gaffas attitude, shrugged of the disappointment, rolled up their sleeves and, despite losing walked if the pitch with their heads held high, leaving Leicester knowing theyd been in a game, and were lucky, very bloody lucky to have an undeserved whole 3 points.

Fair play to our lads.
That’s spot on. Would have been easy to feel sorry for ourselves after the injustice but we did give it a real go even if we never got that one opening that might have got us an equaliser.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:44 pm

ClaretTony wrote:That’s spot on. Would have been easy to feel sorry for ourselves after the injustice but we did give it a real go even if we never got that one opening that might have got us an equaliser.
Strong jaw , Tony, strong jaw. Even in defeat.

Texanclaret16
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Texanclaret16 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:45 pm

snail12345 wrote:Gary Lineker

Verified account

@GaryLineker
10m
10 minutes ago

More
Deserved lead for @ManUtd. As for VAR: disallowing goals for that nothing challenge would really destroy the game. Got to be for the howlers only.

I don’t have twitter but hope someone points this out to him. Doubt he will care like all pundits biased

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 pm

snail12345 wrote:this is the bloke who said the decision against us yesterday was correct
This bloke is an absolute t0ss pot. Jug ears ans aloppy gob.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Lineker is beginning to get past his sell by date. A bit like Steve Wright who the BBC also employ.
These 3 users liked this post: Silkyskills1 Anonymous tim_noone

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Blackrod wrote:Lineker is beginning to get past his sell by date. A bit like Steve Wright who the BBC also employ.
If they are using the same retention strategy as they have done with Steve Wright I’m afraid we have another 25 years of that jug eared t-wat to look forward to.
This user liked this post: Stayingup

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 666 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:41 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:I was crammed as a bloody wasp all last night. Ask the mrs , who went to bed early before Match Of The Day came on.

Fair play to our lads.
Noticeable that our players didn't all crowd around the ref and harass him like lots of other teams would have too
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:41 am

JohnDearyMe wrote:Noticeable that our players didn't all crowd around the ref and harass him like lots of other teams would have too
Maybe they should have done. It seems to me that our 'good' manners compared to others is of no benefit at all.