Chris Wood

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Re: Chris Wood

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:09 pm

FactualFrank wrote:unnecessarily? So you think your dig at me was called for?
Hardly a dig was it?!

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:11 pm

FactualFrank wrote:You laughed at my argument - I'm taking that as disagreeing.
I laughed in disbelief tbh at your uncalled for comment "not the sharpest tool in the box"aimed at quickenthetempo.

Fretters
Been Liked: 1051 times
Has Liked: 553 times

Post by Fretters » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:12 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Do you mean 20 league goals or in all competitions?

My next door neighbour is a big Leeds fan and didn't think he'd make it in the Premier League. If only the thread where I suggested we sign him hadn't been deleted. I remember ClaretTony saying 'no thanks', but he wasn't alone. Half the posters on the thread didn't want him.
All competitions including pre-season :D

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3867 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Can anyone think of a goal he has scored for us where the borderline offside position has benefited him?

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Hardly a dig was it?!
It was by somebody who is scared to death of having a go at somebody unless they have people backing them up. If you don't like me as a poster, then ignore me. It really is that simple. Have a problem with me? Then let me know.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:19 pm

FactualFrank wrote:It was by somebody who is scared to death of having a go at somebody unless they have people backing them up. If you don't like me as a poster, then ignore me. It really is that simple. Have a problem with me? Then let me know.
In what way am I scared to death of having a go at somebody unless people are backing me up? Who’s backing me up?

I’m ambivalent about you as a poster. You don’t offend me, I don’t find you distasteful. I don’t have a problem with you. But I find your need to rewrite history with your ‘told you so’ posts about Wood every time there is a discussion about him narcissistic. So when I comment when you do it I am letting you know. Why should I ignore your posts - this is a message board for debate.

If you can’t handle people having differing views or challenging what you post then you’re in the wrong place.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:25 pm

Rileybobs wrote:In what way am I scared to death of having a go at somebody unless people are backing me up? Who’s backing me up?

I’m ambivalent about you as a poster. You don’t offend me, I don’t find you distasteful. I don’t have a problem with you. But I find your need to rewrite history with your ‘told you so’ posts about Wood every time there is a discussion about him narcissistic. So when I comment when you do it I am letting you know. Why should I ignore your posts - this is a message board for debate.

If you can’t handle people having differing views or challenging what you post then you’re in the wrong place.
Of course I can handle people having differing views, and I totally accept it and say as much. But you come across as a pretentious bully. Somebody who if you were stood in front of me, would come out with, "Only joking mate" - you don't come across as somebody who would say it if stood infront of me. That's what annoys me.

If you're ok with me, I'm ok with you. I'll always be like that. You'll struggle to find posts when I've consciously had a go at someone when they haven't had a go at me. I don't do that on here and don't do it in person.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:29 pm

If he wasn't a Viz character he should have been.

Factual Frank.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:30 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Of course I can handle people having differing views, and I totally accept it and say as much. But you come across as a pretentious bully. Somebody who if you were stood in front of me, would come out with, "Only joking mate" - you don't come across as somebody who would say it if stood infront of me. That's what annoys me.

If you're ok with me, I'm ok with you. I'll always be like that. You'll struggle to find posts when I've consciously had a go at someone when they haven't had a go at me. I don't do that on here and don't do it online.
Well you’re wrong. I’d have no problem saying what I’ve said here to your face. I’d tell you to stop banging on about making out that you practically discovered Chris Wood. And saying that is not in any way bullying.

I’ve posted on this board and the previous one for a number of years and have never been called a bully. It’s not a nice thing to call someone so if you are I would prefer you back it up with some examples of where I have acted like a bully.

This all started with me harmlessly posting ‘he’s at it again’. I think you’re being a bit precious.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Well you’re wrong. I’d have no problem saying what I’ve said here to your face. I’d tell you to stop banging on about making out that you practically discovered Chris Wood. And saying that is not in any way bullying.

I’ve posted on this board and the previous one for a number of years and have never been called a bully. It’s not a nice thing to call someone so if you are I would prefer you back it up with some examples of where I have acted like a bully.

This all started with me harmlessly posting ‘he’s at it again’. I think you’re being a bit precious.
No - it really didn't. For months, you've had pops at me. And 9/10 you've jumped on another poster's back because you were too scared to have a go at me on your own.

There's definitely a reason why you jump on the wagon and have a go at users, yet you never are the one to start a disagreement. Why?

Not sure what else I can say. If you have a problem, tell me in person. If you aren't willing to do that, don't have a go at me online.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:43 pm

I’m using this again !

https://youtu.be/MMzd40i8TfA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:45 pm

TVC15 wrote:I’m using this again !
https://youtu.be/MMzd40i8TfA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Irony.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 pm

FactualFrank wrote:No - it really didn't. For months, you've had pops at me. And 9/10 you've jumped on another poster's back because you were too scared to have a go at me on your own.

There's definitely a reason why you jump on the wagon and have a go at users, yet you never are the one to start a disagreement. Why?

Not sure what else I can say. If you have a problem, tell me in person. If you aren't willing to do that, don't have a go at me online.
I’ve not had a pop at you for months and you know it. I think I have only challenged your Chris Wood claim once before, although it may be twice. I can’t remember ever having pops at you about anything else. Maybe you can find some examples as you seem to be throwing around a number of false accusations.

As for jumping on another posters back, it’s not my fault if someone else has responded to you before I read your post. Am I only allowed to respond if no one else has? Seems like a strange rule.

Why would I be too scared to have a go at you on my own? What’s to be scared about? This is an internet message board. There’s literally nothing scary about it.

I’m surprised you think that I’m never the one to start a disagreement. Another complete fabrication. You will see on the Graham Norton thread that I was the first person to call out the distasteful post. That’s the most recent example - about an hour ago. If you go through my posts you’ll see that I often openly disagree with posters and it makes absolutely no difference whether someone has got there before me or not.

And finally, in response to your last paragraph - why would I disagree with you in person? I don’t know you in person. The whole point of this website is to facilitate debate and disagreement online. I’m not going to contact every poster to meet up for a face to face discussion every time I disagree with them. Bizarre suggestion.

I think you’ve taken my totally harmless original post too seriously and personally.
These 2 users liked this post: HuncoatClaret tim_noone

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:00 pm

Rileybobs wrote:I’ve not had a pop at you for months and you know it. I think I have only challenged your Chris Wood claim once before, although it may be twice. I can’t remember ever having pops at you about anything else. Maybe you can find some examples as you seem to be throwing around a number of false accusations.

As for jumping on another posters back, it’s not my fault if someone else has responded to you before I read your post. Am I only allowed to respond if no one else has? Seems like a strange rule.

Why would I be too scared to have a go at you on my own? What’s to be scared about? This is an internet message board. There’s literally nothing scary about it.

I’m surprised you think that I’m never the one to start a disagreement. Another complete fabrication. You will see on the Graham Norton thread that I was the first person to call out the distasteful post. That’s the most recent example - about an hour ago. If you go through my posts you’ll see that I often openly disagree with posters and it makes absolutely no difference whether someone has got there before me or not.

And finally, in response to your last paragraph - why would I disagree with you in person? I don’t know you in person. The whole point of this website is to facilitate debate and disagreement online. I’m not going to contact every poster to meet up for a face to face discussion every time I disagree with them. Bizarre suggestion.

I think you’ve taken my totally harmless original post too seriously and personally.
This will say everything - do you admit that you're a troll.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:04 pm

FactualFrank wrote:This will say everything - do you admit that you're a troll.
No. Show me an example where I’ve trolled.

You won’t because you can’t. Just like you can’t find examples of me being a bully and just like you can’t find examples of me being too scared to disagree with people without being backed up.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Rileybobs wrote:No. Show me an example where I’ve trolled.

You won’t because you can’t. Just like you can’t find examples of me being a bully and just like you can’t find examples of me being too scared to disagree with people without being backed up.
Haha show you an example where you've trolled - every other fricking post! You must be one thick son of a bitch to not realise that you're a troll. Of course you're a bloody troll! There's no debate.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Haha show you an example where you've trolled - every other fricking post! You must be one thick son of a bitch to not realise that you're a troll. Of course you're a bloody troll! There's no debate.
So, if you disagree with another poster, are you automatically a troll? :?

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 pm

fidelcastro wrote:So, if you disagree with another poster, are you automatically a troll? :?
Knew another cancer would turn up.

You lot can't help yourselves.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Haha show you an example where you've trolled - every other fricking post! You must be one thick son of a bitch to not realise that you're a troll. Of course you're a bloody troll! There's no debate.
Should be easy for you to find an example then. Take your time...

Just remember, you’re the one resorting to abuse, not me.

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:18 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Knew another one would turn up.

It's a simple question, asked very politely.

If you don't want to answer it, then fine.

Cancer? Wow... classy! :shock:
Last edited by fidelcastro on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:18 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Should be easy for you to find an example then. Take your time...

Just remember, you’re the one resorting to abuse, not me.
Conversation ended, your pal has joined in.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 pm

Anyway, Chris Woods...... great for Norwich City but not so great for England.
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:22 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Anyway, Chris Woods...... great for Norwich City but not so great for England.
...or us! :(

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:22 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Conversation ended, your pal has joined in.
Not sure why someone else who disagrees with you becomes my pal.

You’re ending the conversation because you’ve made lots of things up that you can’t substantiate. That’s fine - but don’t pretend it’s because my ‘pal’ (who I don’t know) has joined in.

You’re very good at giving yourself a huge public pat on the back when you get something right (see another example on the Sheff U v Arsenal thread). Let’s see if you’re as good at admitting when you’re wrong.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:23 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Not sure why someone else who disagrees with you becomes my pal.

You’re ending the conversation because you’ve made lots of things up that you can’t substantiate. That’s fine - but don’t pretend it’s because my ‘pal’ (who I don’t know) has joined in.

You’re very good at giving yourself a huge public pat on the back when you get something right (see another example on the Sheff U v Arsenal thread). Let’s see if you’re as good at admitting when you’re wrong.
It's ended. Chat another time.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:25 pm

Think I just got hung up on.
This user liked this post: Swizzlestick

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Think I just got hung up on.
You did 'pal'.

;)

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:29 pm

I’m not looking forward to getting the menopause if this is what happens !
This user liked this post: Leisure

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:41 pm

Where's Dusty Bawls when you need him :D

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:22 am

It’s another muchacho classic.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:25 am

FactualFrank wrote:It's ended. Chat another time.
:D

Oh and I think Riley has shown remarkable restraint not to make more of the disgusting comments you made on a Chris Wood thread a few months back. It’s a wonder you’re even still allowed to post on here - I’d suggest either quit drinking or get some help.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:57 am

To be fair to frank I think the rules regarding bullying have changed

If you feel bullied you are being bullied, regardless of how stupid it is

Frank why would anyone not disagree with you to your face? You’re Factual Frank, not Frank Bruno :lol: ;)
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone HuncoatClaret

Leisure
Been Liked: 3795 times
Has Liked: 12492 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:21 am

FactualFrank wrote:Knew another cancer would turn up.

This is well out of order, no matter what petty argument is going on!
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro The Enclosure

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:05 am

Can you pin a post to the top of this thread just to say don't bother reading after about post 40 as it just decends into childish petty arguments. Honestly I can't believe how bad this forum has got.
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:12 am

Probably best to close down the thread.
My guess would be that both regret the spat.
Some not nice use of language for sure but also some stereotypical type bullying on this board when accusations of being “drunk again” are thrown about.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:15 am

I think Wood has steadily improved since he joined. He's certainly a confidence striker though and hopefully a good spell of chances and goals will keep him focused.

He's quicker than he looks and much better on the ball than you'd expect. The fact we get frustrated at him often is a sign of how far we've come, he's lightyears ahead of some of the crap we've had to ensure in the last 20 years.

Flying Without Ings
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Flying Without Ings » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:19 am

Not always a pretty player, but effective. I think he's already paid us back his 15 million pound fee in goals.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6490 times
Has Liked: 2918 times

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:27 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 pm
Knew another cancer would turn up.

Wow just Wow....that is the single most disgusting comment I've ever seen on here,no wonder the poster has disappeared from the forum.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:40 am

How bored were you to search that comment out? :lol:
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:48 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:40 am
I was just reading the thread I fell upon what was a spat....i just thought what a horrible thing to say

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:53 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:40 am
But your right I'm bored,but with hindsight reading old threads is quite eye opening and how people are so incredibly wrong with some of the shite they spout,I don't think anyone hasnt actually looked back and said.."did I really say that"😊
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:54 am

Steve1956 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:53 am
But your right I'm bored,but with hindsight reading old threads is quite eye opening and how people are so incredibly wrong with some of the shite they spout,I don't think anyone hasnt actually looked back and said.."did I really say that"😊
Oh some of the stuff is hilarious and I've been told off before for dragging up some stuff that's made people look stupid :lol:

fidelcastro

Post by fidelcastro » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:41 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:54 am
Oh some of the stuff is hilarious and I've been told off before for dragging up some stuff that's made people look stupid :lol:
People get away with having multiple usernames :roll:

StTedsOB
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by StTedsOB » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:32 pm

Wow - what a worryingly strange thread.
Can we put it down to lockdown stress or does it run deeper than that ?

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:59 pm

Any news on Woodies injury, when can we expect to see the lad back?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8535 times
Has Liked: 18273 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:29 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:41 am
People get away with having multiple usernames :roll:
Some even sit at their computer and mobile phone and chat with themselves trying to appear as 2 different posters (as seen above) 🙄🙄🙄 although they may find that difficult now, as one of their aliases is currently banned 🤭🤭🤭

This is speculation of course 😉 I am not saying it is gospel 😁
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:33 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:29 pm
Some even sit at their computer and mobile phone and chat with themselves trying to appear as 2 different posters (as seen above) 🙄🙄🙄 although they may find that difficult now, as one of their aliases is currently banned 🤭🤭🤭

This is speculation of course 😉 I am not saying it is gospel 😁
What are you suggesting about Top Claret :o ;)

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8535 times
Has Liked: 18273 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:33 pm
What are you suggesting about Top Claret :o ;)
😲😲😲 I didn't mention Top Claret DA ... how very dare you suggest that 😒😒😒
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 994 times

Post by MrTopTier » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:45 pm

What’s your alias Boss?😉

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:52 pm

MrTopTier wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:45 pm
What’s your alias Boss?😉
If I told you he likes to holiday in Marbella you should be able to have a good guess :)
This user liked this post: MrTopTier