Spurs tickets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
house claret
Been Liked: 6 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Spurs tickets

Post by house claret » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:54 pm

When do spurs tickets go on sale.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Re: Spurs tickets

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Should be around the middle of November.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Now that will be manic.
Everyman and his dog will want 1

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:33 pm

MACCA wrote:Now that will be manic.
Bring back queuing ....that's what I say :?

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:38 pm

MACCA wrote:Now that will be manic.
Hopefully we don't take a reduced allocation. Whoever it is who makes that decision needs to have the common sense to see that as a new ground it's going to be a hell of a lot more popular than a standard London away game, where 1500 tickets is plenty these days.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Very much doubt they'll take anything other than 3k

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:02 pm

We will make as much noise as Watford ..then next season there'll be 500 there and a thousand tourist....

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:37 pm

MACCA wrote:Very much doubt they'll take anything other than 3k
This is our tickets people you’re on about??? :?

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:51 pm

MACCA wrote:Very much doubt they'll take anything other than 3k
You'd like to think so, but the shambles of Arsenal away the year we finished 7th springs to mind.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Probably be people at this one who haven’t been to an away match in years and years. So wrong.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Probably be people at this one who haven’t been to an away match in years and years. So wrong.
Probably, but how do you stop people with plenty of points getting tickets for their mates who've never been to a game in their life? I know it doesn't really solve the problem but I'd like to see a rolling points system, say over 4 years.
This user liked this post: paulatky

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32242 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:02 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Probably, but how do you stop people with plenty of points getting tickets for their mates who've never been to a game in their life?
Man City have a way of doing it. Their system is similar to ours but every away game the randomly select some away tickets to be collected at the away ground on the day and if they can't prove it's them they don't get the ticket and they lose their points. I think one of the biggest problems we have is people getting tickets for others.
These 3 users liked this post: paulatky simonclaret IanMcL

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:36 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Man City have a way of doing it. Their system is similar to ours but every away game the randomly select some away tickets to be collected at the away ground on the day and if they can't prove it's them they don't get the ticket and they lose their points. I think one of the biggest problems we have is people getting tickets for others.
Yeah I know loads who use others points. Doing away tickets on a rolling 2 year away game basis would more more or less get rid of that. Not sure why we can’t implement something along those lines.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:36 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Probably, but how do you stop people with plenty of points getting tickets for their mates who've never been to a game in their life? I know it doesn't really solve the problem but I'd like to see a rolling points system, say over 4 years.
You change the system, but we won’t.

My mate was on the ticketing group they set up, he gave up with it when he realised voting for change would be like turkeys voting for Christmas, I.e. many of the group were people who had had season tickets for ages but never went away.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3772 times
Has Liked: 12363 times

Post by Leisure » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:, I.e. many of the group were people who had had season tickets for ages but never went away.
So why would they be bothered if the system changed?

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:22 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Man City have a way of doing it. Their system is similar to ours but every away game the randomly select some away tickets to be collected at the away ground on the day and if they can't prove it's them they don't get the ticket and they lose their points. I think one of the biggest problems we have is people getting tickets for others.
I don't quite see how having a season ticket to a degree guarantees a better chance of an away ticket... The majority don't travel away full stop. People used to do the Away games religiously when the atmosphere and home crowds dwindled and the Police started banning folk on the flimsiest of information.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:24 pm

Leisure wrote:So why would they be bothered if the system changed?
I suspect it’s cos of the ‘what if’ situation.

He said that any progressive suggestions were met by ardent disagreement. Why would they disagree if they did go away

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:54 pm

tim_noone wrote:I don't quite see how having a season ticket to a degree guarantees a better chance of an away ticket... The majority don't travel away full stop. People used to do the Away games religiously when the atmosphere and home crowds dwindled and the Police started banning folk on the flimsiest of information.
Having a season directly benefits the club financially. Buying an away ticket gives nothing financially to the club.
The big problem is that a lot of the people with a lot of loyalty points dont go themselves but give their tickets to mates/mates of mates.
If ID was required to be shown at away matches that agreed to the name on the ticket that would be a better and fairer system but such a system could never be implemented.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:58 pm

paulatky wrote:Having a season directly benefits the club financially. Buying an away ticket gives nothing financially to the club.
The big problem is that a lot of the people with a lot of loyalty points dont go themselves but give their tickets to mates/mates of mates.
If ID was required to be shown at away matches that agreed to the name on the ticket that would be a better and fairer system but such a system could never be implemented.
To your last line good......like mates don't look out for their mates ffs. Insular Burnley folk.

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:02 pm

tim_noone wrote:To your last line good......like mates don't look out for their mates ffs. Insular Burnley folk.
??

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:04 pm

paulatky wrote:Having a season directly benefits the club financially. Buying an away ticket gives nothing financially to the club.
Change to a system that should be, for a premier league club, easy to implement.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32242 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:46 pm

Been implemented by City by selecting some at random every away game.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:52 pm

box_of_frogs wrote:This is our tickets people you’re on about??? :?
jrgbfc wrote: You'd like to think so, but the shambles of Arsenal away the year we finished 7th springs to mind.
I hope you 2 aren't trying to get me in bother.

It's a fine balance and a hard task.
Depending who you ask will depend on their thoughts on how good things are.

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:43 pm

The FA had a similar problem with tickets for England away games. You have to be a member of the England Travel Club in order to get a ticket for an England away game. You used to have to send in to the FA copies of travel, flight, hotel details to get your ticket.

However people were abusing this method by sending in fake details and then either letting their mates have the tickets or selling them for a profit.

The FA have now stopped this by insisting that all tickets must be collected on matchday in the city where England are playing.

I'm not saying that Burnley could do this but Man City have taken a step towards it with what they are doing. Only a small percentage have to collect City away tickets but it will make fans think twice before buying a ticket to sell on.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 pm

For the Europa league game at Aberdeen we took our passports to the ground but they were never checked despite expecting otherwise

claret wizard
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 am

The away game in Istanbul I had my ID checked at the hotel collection point. However, we have 1 or 2 games a season this crops up. The Sheff Utd tickets made general sale. We are not Man City, there is not a massive black resale market for away tickets. Chelsea last year had some very strange Burnley fans, but we had plenty of empty seats and I think those tourists cane away feeling more empathy to Burnley than Chelsea. Our system isn’t perfect, but it works out right 95% of the time.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:17 am

claret wizard wrote:The away game in Istanbul I had my ID checked at the hotel collection point. However, we have 1 or 2 games a season this crops up. The Sheff Utd tickets made general sale. We are not Man City, there is not a massive black resale market for away tickets. Chelsea last year had some very strange Burnley fans, but we had plenty of empty seats and I think those tourists cane away feeling more empathy to Burnley than Chelsea. Our system isn’t perfect, but it works out right 95% of the time.
Surely changing it to away game history would then mean it works 100% of the time.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3844 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:40 am

The big clubs rotate their points system every couple of years, it encourages fans to attend away games if they want the big games like European aways or semi finals/finals. A lot of fans have to opt in to every cup game to keep up etc..

Our away support has dwindled massively but the system doesn't encourage you to go.

All the older fans have enough points and just have to keep their season ticket to stay well ahead of the points. New fans can only gain 190 points a season if they have a ST and attend every away game in the premier league.

But all these supporters groups will have fans representing us that have 8k points or more. Why would the Turkeys vote for Xmas?
These 2 users liked this post: ChorltonCharlie jordsclarets

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:47 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:The big clubs rotate their points system every couple of years, it encourages fans to attend away games if they want the big games like European aways or semi finals/finals. A lot of fans have to opt in to every cup game to keep up etc..

Our away support has dwindled massively but the system doesn't encourage you to go.

All the older fans have enough points and just have to keep their season ticket to stay well ahead of the points. New fans can only gain 190 points a season if they have a ST and attend every away game in the premier league.

But all these supporters groups will have fans representing us that have 8k points or more. Why would the Turkeys vote for Xmas?
My points exactly.
These 2 users liked this post: Quickenthetempo jordsclarets

ChorltonCharlie
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:53 am

People will argue until the cows come home about what makes a good system. I can't see how anyone can look at ours objectively and say it's right though. I do agree with this comment - "Our away support has dwindled massively but the system doesn't encourage you to go."

It's alright saying 95% of the time it works, but it doesn't because of what Quickenthetempo says. Even for low profile games, the process is enacted exactly the same. Groups of friends/families can have vastly different points totals. If they all want to sit together then they have to play the waiting game. Fair enough games rarely sell out, but there can be hyperbole about demand for tickets as Sheff Utd has shown. People with low(er) points numbers are often left with the option of sitting on their own, or circumventing rules and borrowing mates numbers.

Until the system is a more accurate reflection of who is most likely to go to away games, then it will continue to be an inconvenience.
This user liked this post: DAVETHEVICAR

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:12 am

Might just be adding to the problem but some away games should be rewarded with more points. It's easy to go on the big local games that always sell out, but you should be rewarded for long distance, awkwardly timed, lower profile games in my opinion.

E. G. More points for Bournemouth, Brighton and Southampton than Man U, Liverpool and City.

I'd be for that despite the fact that I've not been to any of the South Coast games as of yet but regularly get to the others.

This might encourage us to take more fans to the games we aren't selling out any more.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:22 am

Put 25% of the tickets up for Dutch Auction and BFC keep any profit.

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:29 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Probably be people at this one who haven’t been to an away match in years and years. So wrong.
How are young fans supposed to attend away matches if they don't know an older , regular away supporter . Is there any way of doing it?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:40 am

How many years do you think is appropriate ? Many fans had the “pleasure” of following us away when we weren’t in the Premier League - I use inverted commas because going to Doncaster or Scarborough to watch us get beat is a bit different to going to The Emirates or all the other unbelievable stadiums in this league.
There isn’t a loyalty system that pleases all fans. Personally I think that the changes that could be made to ours is to reward those going to away games with a lot more loyalty points than they do now.
When it comes to games like Spurs with a high demand then it may be that the first tickets that go on sale are those with x thousand loyalty points and who have been to y number of away games in the last 2 or 3 years.
I think we still need to reward those people who have had season tickets for many years irrespective of whether they go away or not.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:42 am

Siddo wrote:How are young fans supposed to attend away matches if they don't know an older , regular away supporter . Is there any way of doing it?
You're missing the point completely. The system as is stands discriminates against young people. They will never catch up people who have 8k 9k 10k points etc.

Doing on on a rolling 2 year basis means they can 'catch up' quickly.
This user liked this post: jordsclarets

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:46 am

TVC15 wrote:How many years do you think is appropriate ? Many fans had the “pleasure” of following us away when we weren’t in the Premier League - I use inverted commas because going to Doncaster or Scarborough to watch us get beat is a bit different to going to The Emirates or all the other unbelievable stadiums in this league.
There isn’t a loyalty system that pleases all fans. Personally I think that the changes that could be made to ours is to reward those going to away games with a lot more loyalty points than they do now.
When it comes to games like Spurs with a high demand then it may be that the first tickets that go on sale are those with x thousand loyalty points and who have been to y number of away games in the last 2 or 3 years.
I think we still need to reward those people who have had season tickets for many years irrespective of whether they go away or not.
Completely disagree, I firmly believe that away games should be prioritised to season ticket holders + number of away games attended on a rolling 2 year basis.

I've nothing to gain by that system by the way, ive more than enough loyalty points to be in the first wave as it stands now, i just think its fairer overall, especially for the kids.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:01 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Completely disagree, I firmly believe that away games should be prioritised to season ticket holders + number of away games attended on a rolling 2 year basis.

I've nothing to gain by that system by the way, ive more than enough loyalty points to be in the first wave as it stands now, i just think its fairer overall, especially for the kids.
And of course you are entitled to that. But in my view those people who put money into the club every season by buying a season ticket should always have priority. The club do not make any or little money from away tickets. Though I do agree that away attendance should be given more priority or loyalty points that it does now. And that season ticket plus away games should have highest priority.

Most definitions of “loyalty” in relation to these types of schemes use length or years or service as a key criteria and most use “spend” or investment in the company as another. Burnley FCs current loyalty system is based fundamentally on both of these.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:22 pm

TVC15 wrote:And of course you are entitled to that. But in my view those people who put money into the club every season by buying a season ticket should always have priority. The club do not make any or little money from away tickets. Though I do agree that away attendance should be given more priority or loyalty points that it does now. And that season ticket plus away games should have highest priority.

Most definitions of “loyalty” in relation to these types of schemes use length or years or service as a key criteria and most use “spend” or investment in the company as another. Burnley FCs current loyalty system is based fundamentally on both of these.
I think we're pretty unusual in that the points don't expire. Most clubs have loyalty schemes based on a rolling 2 or 3 years.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1778 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:25 pm

I should imagine that, in reality, there are few occasions where those that want to attend an away game can't get tickets.

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:29 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:You're missing the point completely. The system as is stands discriminates against young people. They will never catch up people who have 8k 9k 10k points etc.

I agree with you and I have thought exactly the same on the age point. I was just asking a genuine question.

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:02 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:You're missing the point completely. The system as is stands discriminates against young people. They will never catch up people who have 8k 9k 10k points etc.

I think you have a good point, however it can be done, young people catching up, but it does take quite a while.

My nephew is 17 and has now accumulated over 7000 points.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:49 pm

I have travelled for 50 years and always felt aggrieved when I could 'suddenly' not get a ticket, when we had some success.
More points for a traveller!

It is not about money, it should be about who goes away most.
The home tickets are sorted.
This user liked this post: Longside4evr

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3171 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:57 pm

How about pooling points within families?

If somebody has gained 7000pts over the years, yet their son/daughter has only had a season ticket for a couple, but not been old enough to travel to away games, they wouldn't have enough. They may have 1000pts, which together would be enough for the second wave of selling for those with 4000pts

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:59 pm

dougcollins wrote:I should imagine that, in reality, there are few occasions where those that want to attend an away game can't get tickets.
Depends if you want to sit with family, friends or even your young ish child.

Dont have that option until it goes on general sale, if it gets to that stage. By that time you might only have the option of sitting on your own, maybe even travelling on your own if people have sorted their transport a week or 2 before.

Certainly would put a few off.

Theres no simple way.

My only gripe is my son only got to a few away games, only possibly 2 of the biggies in a decade, and subsequently has lost all interest in football and now the times come where it's a bit easier to get tickets for him he's out of touch and isnt bothered.
Maybe I could of done more, tried harder, but it wasnt that easy it simple back then.

I'm sure he wont be the only one.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:06 pm

I agree the system needs overhauling a bit, would be fairly simple to change it to a rolling system over 3 or 4 seasons to ensure it's not a closed shop.
But is it such a massive problem when we have about one game a season that sells out quickly? I bet we won't even sell out at United and City this year. Plenty of chances for people to get tickets for away games.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Yes itll get easier year on for tickets. Then those behind should start using their own to build up so can catch up to the ones they were borrowing.

Think the worry is if they do, when we get 1k tickets and the ceiling moves 8k, with using there own, their friends one will be say 7k, and no longer priority.

It's a toughie

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 334 times
Has Liked: 453 times

Post by expoultryboy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:23 pm

I live in shrewsbury now , so i no longer have a season ticket . I go with my son ( he's 27 ) to between 10 and 15 away games per season , so fingers crossed we get a ticket .

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3844 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Targetman wrote:I think you have a good point, however it can be done, young people catching up, but it does take quite a while.

My nephew is 17 and has now accumulated over 7000 points.
That's some going.

10 season tickets and 250 away games worth by 17.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:That's some going.

10 season tickets and 250 away games worth by 17.

When you put it like that it is. If he started going away when got season ticket that's 25 a season for the full 10 years. Some commitment that, certainly beats my record over the same decade presuming it's the last 10 years!

Longside4evr
Been Liked: 519 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Longside4evr » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Just a question when did this point system all start.
There seems to be some with some hefty points in there baskets
I coudn't get a ticket for love no money for Aberdeen away yet a lot I've spoke to said they was loads of kids present
I will never have enough points in todays system as my life wont allow me to build up the required points cos of an ongoing illness
But thats know one fault its just i have been home and away since the seventies even when i moved to Spain before i was diagnosed i did at least 15 games a season
for quite a few years held a season ticket for 20 years before that
I got Athens in which i would have been absolutely gutted if i would have missed it that memory alone takes care of a lot of things all claret.
But the Sheffield game sold out quick and now i need to be accompanying to games and had a right battle to get the second ticket as i have only 1,000 points and he will be stood in another block but at least we will be there