Begum ‘risk of hanging’

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Re: Begum ‘risk of hanging’

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Stayingup wrote:Absolute rubbish. How can you say that? Its a ludictous assertion and only someone your age would come up with that.

Presume you know about penalties crimes in muslim countries. Not related to the topic but THINK!!!

That's not my assertion. That's the implied opinion of those who think Begum doesn't deserve justice.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:33 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I haven't said she's committed crimes here have I?

She's entered another country and joined an active terrorist organisation, which committed atrocities that she was complicit in.
It's not down to the UK to put her in the dock for those crimes.

So now, according to you, it's OK to punish someone without a trial for committing crimes against another country. You opinion is getting more and more extreme.

The bar for this his punishment without trial idea is getting lower and lower.

Maybe she should have just been responsible for 39 deaths in a lorry instead. Apparently that's a less serious crime that running off to marry a muslim extremist while still a child, since at least then we'd want to put her on trial.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:10 pm

If anyone is brought to trial it may prove difficult to charge them with pre-meditated killing ie murder. Unlikely and bad for business to smuggle folk and intentionally kill them. I expect this could be manslaughter plus people trafficking. The driver convicted for the 50+ chinese who died in similar circumstances in 2000 got 14 years for manslaughter. I expect something similar here if anyone found.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1184 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:So now, according to you, it's OK to punish someone without a trial for committing crimes against another country. You opinion is getting more and more extreme.

Maybe she should have just been responsible for 39 deaths in a lorry instead. Apparently that's a less serious crime that running off to marry a muslim extremist while still a child, since at least then we'd want to put her on trial.
The home office have considered her far too dangerous to reside in the UK, she'd represent too much of a security risk & in addition nobody has any idea how far she as been radicalised whilst in Syria.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:46 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:The home office have considered her far too dangerous to reside in the UK, she'd represent too much of a security risk & in addition nobody has any idea how far she as been radicalised whilst in Syria.
How do you know that what the home office has said is true?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:How do you know that what the home office has said is true?
Taking in consideration what she's done & stripping her citizenship - call it a educated hunch.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:39 pm

I wonder how many people in favour of stripping her of her British citizenship, have, for example, an irish parent.
If so, it could be you next if you ever behead anyone whilest abroad (which could be anywhere outside of these shores in a few months)

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:41 am

Stayingup wrote:Her parents must share some blame somewhere along the line for this tragedy.
It’s only natural for some people to initially think this, without fully doing some research into her parents & her upbringing it’s impossible to say, but it’s a possibility it could be a factor.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:50 am

Jakubclaret wrote:Taking in consideration what she's done & stripping her citizenship - call it a educated hunch.

Nothing about your opinion is educated. It's like you are completely ignorant of what happens when a government is allowed to punish people without having to prove that they deserve it.

OR

You know exactly what happens when governments are allowed to punish people without having to prove that they deserve it, and you actually want the government to have that power.

Which is it?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:57 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Nothing about your opinion is educated. It's like you are completely ignorant of what happens when a government is allowed to punish people without having to prove that they deserve it.

OR

You know exactly what happens when governments are allowed to punish people without having to prove that they deserve it, and you actually want the government to have that power.

Which is it?
It’s about protecting the citizens, if she comes back there’s no guarantee she’ll be no trouble, I’d rather our government played safe with this 1, I want the government to ensure security & the increased likelihood of no possible danger, inviting people back into the country when there left to join terrorist organisations isn’t a sensible course of action.

yTib
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Post by yTib » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:22 am

if a little girl is groomed on the internet for sexual reasons folk will fall over each other to be outraged.

if she is groomed for sexual reasons and terrorism folk don't seem to care so much. especially if she's muslim.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:23 am

Jakubclaret wrote:It’s about protecting the citizens, if she comes back there’s no guarantee she’ll be no trouble, I’d rather our government played safe with this 1, I want the government to ensure security & the increased likelihood of no possible danger, inviting people back into the country when there left to join terrorist organisations isn’t a sensible course of action.
You're a fool. You'd selling the freedom of the people of this country for a tiny little bit of extra security. There's literally nothing stopping the government from fabricating evidence against someone troublesome for them (like an XR protester) and waiting until they go on holiday to strip them of citizenship because people like you have allowed the government to do that. They can just make up the reason for stripping it and because of people like you there's no way to stop them. You're such a ******* fool.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:26 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:So now, according to you, it's OK to punish someone without a trial for committing crimes against another country. You opinion is getting more and more extreme.

Your renegade cavalier attitude towards our internal domestic security is quite concerning.
This user liked this post: claret_in_exile

yTib

Post by yTib » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:34 am

Jakubclaret wrote:Your renegade cavalier attitude towards our internal domestic security is quite concerning.
your fear of populist fearmongering and teenage girls is far more concerning to me.

if you genuinely fear that girl you are pathetic. but you don't because no rational person would.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:38 am

yTib wrote:your fear of populist fearmongering and teenage girls is far more concerning to me.

if you genuinely fear that girl you are pathetic. but you don't because no rational person would.
We don’t know the connections she’s encountered or how radicalised she’s become whilst in Syria.

yTib

Post by yTib » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:39 am

Jakubclaret wrote:We don’t know the connections she’s encountered or how radicalised she’s become whilst in Syria.
no we don't.

so lets just demonise her anyway.

she could actually be an asset.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:13 am

Jakubclaret wrote:Your renegade cavalier attitude towards our internal domestic security is quite concerning.
Wanting to let our courts deal with a criminal is not a "renegade cavalier attitude". People like you are a fascists' wet dream. It's people like you who will destroy this country and its freedoms, and that's why you're more dangerous to our freedoms than any ISIS bride could ever be.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:33 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Wanting to let our courts deal with a criminal is not a "renegade cavalier attitude". People like you are a fascists' wet dream. It's people like you who will destroy this country and its freedoms, and that's why you're more dangerous to our freedoms than any ISIS bride could ever be.
Nonsense, I'm a law abiding citizen squeaky clean never even had as much as a parking ticket in my life, no convictions whatsoever, how you can determine I'm more dangerous than a woman who has left this country to join a backward barbaric murderous terrorist organisation is preposterous.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:50 am

Jakubclaret wrote:Nonsense, I'm a law abiding citizen squeaky clean never even had as much as a parking ticket in my life, no convictions whatsoever, how you can determine I'm more dangerous than a woman who has left this country to join a backward barbaric murderous terrorist organisation is preposterous.
Because this country is more than just people, it's a set of ideas and begum can't do **** to those ideas, but people like you working from the inside to bring down our legal system? That's what can destroy this country, destroy its justice system and destroy its democracy.

When a suicide bomber blows themselves up, they do it to kill people they hate, but the people who send them to blow themselves up do that to create people like you. Basically you're just an ISIS recruit. There's a term for you. I can't call you it without risking a ban, so i'll link you to it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:13 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Because this country is more than just people, it's a set of ideas and begum can't do **** to those ideas, but people like you working from the inside to bring down our legal system? That's what can destroy this country, destroy its justice system and destroy its democracy.

When a suicide bomber blows themselves up, they do it to kill people they hate, but the people who send them to blow themselves up do that to create people like you. Basically you're just an ISIS recruit. There's a term for you. I can't call you it without risking a ban, so i'll link you to it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know you feel passionate about this particular situation involving this girl, I'm not trying to be argumentative with you, but honestly it's just not a good idea to bring her back to let her roam the streets, ideally she needs to stay where she is & face justice in the country where she is now. The day she left in my view she ceased to become our problem. If she did come back the security measures we'd have to implement for her own safety as well as ours would restrict her freedom to the extent she'd be a virtual prisoner in the UK anyway.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:17 am

I don't give a **** about Begum, she made her bed let her lie in it, but I do find it sad that some people on this forum can't disagree with other posters opinions without name calling and having a pop at each other. Come on people let's show each other a bit of respect and keep the discussions about the topic and not each other.
This user liked this post: Jakubclaret

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:25 am

Jakubclaret wrote:I know you feel passionate about this particular situation involving this girl, I'm not trying to be argumentative with you, but honestly it's just not a good idea to bring her back to let her roam the streets, ideally she needs to stay where she is & face justice in the country where she is now. The day she left in my view she ceased to become our problem. If she did come back the security measures we'd have to implement for her own safety as well as ours would restrict her freedom to the extent she'd be a virtual prisoner in the UK anyway.
She wouldn't be a virtual prisoner, she'd be an actual prisoner.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:31 am

Tall Paul wrote:She wouldn't be a virtual prisoner, she'd be an actual prisoner.
Well yes realistically, you’d be looking at the full works, new identity, changing her appearance etc to even enjoy a basic level of freedom.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:55 am

Jakubclaret wrote:Well yes realistically, you’d be looking at the full works, new identity, changing her appearance etc to even enjoy a basic level of freedom.
What? She'd be put on trial, found guilty and locked up in an actual prison.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:01 am

Tall Paul wrote:What? She'd be put on trial, found guilty and locked up in an actual prison.
Slow down, you are moving far too fast, you have to extradite & go through the trial first, potentially massive issues with public opposition.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:19 am

Jakub has to be a troll. No one is that obtuse.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:21 am

Firthy wrote:I don't give a **** about Begum, she made her bed let her lie in it, but I do find it sad that some people on this forum can't disagree with other posters opinions without name calling and having a pop at each other. Come on people let's show each other a bit of respect and keep the discussions about the topic and not each other.
Who's name calling?

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:58 am

Jakubclaret wrote:I know you feel passionate about this particular situation involving this girl, I'm not trying to be argumentative with you, but honestly it's just not a good idea to bring her back to let her roam the streets, ideally she needs to stay where she is & face justice in the country where she is now. The day she left in my view she ceased to become our problem. If she did come back the security measures we'd have to implement for her own safety as well as ours would restrict her freedom to the extent she'd be a virtual prisoner in the UK anyway.
This is a bigger issue than one girl. The Home Office has overseen a sharp rise in people having their citizenship taken away, and recently not all of them have been deemed a threat. This is arbitrary power, so strict guidelines should be set up as reasons for banishing someone, and the Home Secretary should have to apply to a court, so give the person the right to be represented. This should all be transparent.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:50 am

I've just stated it's down to the country which she was in to put her in the dock for any crimes she may have committed.

Try reading what I've said...

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:53 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I've just stated it's down to the country which she was in to put her in the dock for any crimes she may have committed.

Try reading what I've said...
OK. So why can't she face trial here for the crimes she's committed against us? We've punished her already, so surely there was a crime committed.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:05 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:OK. So why can't she face trial here for the crimes she's committed against us? We've punished her already, so surely there was a crime committed.
What has she committed against us?

She's had her citizenship stripped for being a known member of a terrorist organisation and going off to take part in a war/invasion and being complicit in atrocities for the last X amount of years.

Or is that what you want her to face court in the UK for?

Personally I think she should face a court over there first.

Firthy

Post by Firthy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:05 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:OK. So why can't she face trial here for the crimes she's committed against us? We've punished her already, so surely there was a crime committed.
She has effectively already been tried and punished. She was found guilty and her citizenship revoked. I don't have a problem with it, saved a lot of time and taxpayers money.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:13 am

Firthy wrote:She has effectively already been tried and punished. She was found guilty and her citizenship revoked. I don't have a problem with it, saved a lot of time and taxpayers money.
So you're another one who likes kangaroo courts for people accused of certain crimes. Or maybe it's accused crimes of certain people. Either way it's a seriously anti-British, anti-western attitude. I trust you won't be wearing any poppies this year because clearly you don't give a **** about what the people you'd be "remembering" fought for.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:21 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:So you're another one who likes kangaroo courts for people accused of certain crimes. Or maybe it's accused crimes of certain people. Either way it's a seriously anti-British, anti-western attitude. I trust you won't be wearing any poppies this year because clearly you don't give a **** about what the people you'd be "remembering" fought for.
When you say certain people....

Jihadi Jack is in a Kurdish prison, he's white and also had his British citizenship revoked so now he belongs to just Canada.
I'm happy with that one too, because he was from Oxford.
His parents were found guilty of sending money to him, funding terrorism etc.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5056 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:23 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:So you're another one who likes kangaroo courts for people accused of certain crimes. Or maybe it's accused crimes of certain people. Either way it's a seriously anti-British, anti-western attitude. I trust you won't be wearing any poppies this year because clearly you don't give a **** about what the people you'd be "remembering" fought for.
She's self confessed isnt she, or does she claim she was kidnapped and taken to Syria.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:28 am

I don't wear a poppy any year, so I'm not sure what your point is right now, unless you've lost the plot and you're having a tantrum.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:31 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:She's self confessed isnt she, or does she claim she was kidnapped and taken to Syria.
She hasn't confessed under caution. And even if she had she'd still deserve a trial just like anyone else who confesses to crimes.

You guys clearly don't realise how serious it is when the government of a country is allowed to just forego giving people a trial.

"We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law." Edward R. Murrow

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:32 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I don't wear a poppy any year, so I'm not sure what your point is right now, unless you've lost the plot and you're having a tantrum.
Are you Firthy and logged into the wrong account right now? Because i was pretty clearly replying to Firthy.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:33 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:She hasn't confessed under caution. And even if she had she'd still deserve a trial just like anyone else who confesses to crimes.

You guys clearly don't realise how serious it is when the government of a country is allowed to just forego giving people a trial.

"We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law." Edward R. Murrow
She can have her trial over there in the country where she's allegedly committed her crimes.
It doesn't need to be over here.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:33 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:Are you Firthy and logged into the wrong account right now? Because i was pretty clearly replying to Firthy.
Nope, just saying I don't wear poppies in reply to your bizarre comment about someone wearing a poppy or not.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:34 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:She can have her trial over there in the country where she's allegedly committed her crimes.
It doesn't need to be over here.
So you're saying she hasn't committed any crimes here? So why are we punishing her?

Firthy

Post by Firthy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:49 am

It wasn't a kangaroo court. She is self confessed and admitted her own guilt, she has not apologised or shown any remorse. When it didn't turn out as she expected she then wanted the British Government to bail her out. She is the one who doesn't give a **** about what our soldiers fought for.

And please don't accuse me of not caring about what our soldiers fought for, my father and grandfather both went to war at 18 and I'm extremely proud of the military medal for valor which is hanging on my wall.

She didn't go to preserve freedom in the western world, she went to a cause that hates everything about the western world.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:50 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:So you're saying she hasn't committed any crimes here? So why are we punishing her?
You know why.

She left the UK to join an illegal terrorist organisation, which is known for committing atrocities.
She's been deemed a risk to the British public by the government.
If that's what the rules are then it's not my problem she's broken them and been thrown out.
I know you like to wring your hands over this sort of stuff, but you really need to take it up with your local MP.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:16 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:You know why.

She left the UK to join an illegal terrorist organisation, which is known for committing atrocities.
She's been deemed a risk to the British public by the government.
If that's what the rules are then it's not my problem she's broken them and been thrown out.
I know you like to wring your hands over this sort of stuff, but you really need to take it up with your local MP.
If you can’t see why people have concerns about the fact our government can declare you unwelcome to live here while you’re out of the country, and effectively banish you without judicial oversight, then perhaps you’d be more at home in North Korea?

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/shamima-beg ... ned-104386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - as it says on this link, the government added a new reason for stripping someone of citizenship in 2014. Behaviour “not conducive to the public good” is an easy catchall, that could allow my citizenship to be removed (for example). When you suggest this is improbable - I should point out the numbers have been rising year on year. Between 2006 and 2016 it was used 50 times. In 2017 it was used 104 times. We’ve seen this government’s attitude through the Windrush Scandal, so I can see this getting worse before it gets better.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:25 pm

I shall be wearing one of these poppies this year
IMG_20191024_122345.jpg
IMG_20191024_122345.jpg (24.1 KiB) Viewed 1461 times

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:29 pm

AndrewJB wrote:If you can’t see why people have concerns about the fact our government can declare you unwelcome to live here while you’re out of the country, and effectively banish you without judicial oversight, then perhaps you’d be more at home in North Korea?

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/shamima-beg ... ned-104386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - as it says on this link, the government added a new reason for stripping someone of citizenship in 2014. Behaviour “not conducive to the public good” is an easy catchall, that could allow my citizenship to be removed (for example). When you suggest this is improbable - I should point out the numbers have been rising year on year. Between 2006 and 2016 it was used 50 times. In 2017 it was used 104 times. We’ve seen this government’s attitude through the Windrush Scandal, so I can see this getting worse before it gets better.
So the trick is to not do something that could get your citizenship revoked.
The intelligence services have something on her, that's enough for the government to justify what it's done.

I'm pretty sure I won't be joining a religious terrorist organisation hell-bent on taking over the west etc.
Nor will my kids, family or friends.

If you're happy to have these terrorists back living in the country then go ahead and lobby your MP with reasons justifying your stance, but if they do return and then do something over here resulting in innocent people being hurt or killed don't start pointing the finger at the government for letting them back.

However again I'll point out she's in a foreign country as part of an illegal organisation that's been committing atrocities that have been well documented, broadcast to the world and she's not shown much, if any, remorse.
She literally wants to return to the UK because the caliphate has gone, if it was still there then so would she.

Let the countries she's been in deal with her in their courts, that's the fairest way to do it isn't it?

Firthy

Post by Firthy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:32 pm

AndrewJB wrote:If you can’t see why people have concerns about the fact our government can declare you unwelcome to live here while you’re out of the country, and effectively banish you without judicial oversight, then perhaps you’d be more at home in North Korea?
We can see the concerns, we just don't agree with them. We agree with what the government has done.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6962 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:54 pm

Firthy wrote:It wasn't a kangaroo court. She is self confessed and admitted her own guilt, she has not apologised or shown any remorse. When it didn't turn out as she expected she then wanted the British Government to bail her out. She is the one who doesn't give a **** about what our soldiers fought for.

And please don't accuse me of not caring about what our soldiers fought for, my father and grandfather both went to war at 18 and I'm extremely proud of the military medal for valor which is hanging on my wall.

She didn't go to preserve freedom in the western world, she went to a cause that hates everything about the western world.
Surprised it is possible to miss the point so badly.

Sproggy
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by Sproggy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:59 pm

I got a ticket for doing 36 in a 30 zone about six years ago. Am I OK to go to Tenerife at Christmas?

Firthy

Post by Firthy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:01 pm

Rileybobs wrote:Surprised it is possible to miss the point so badly.
Maybe you'd like to enlighten me then?