General Election Is On

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Re: General Election Is On

Post by If it be your will » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:40 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:I think he's talking nationally.
Eh? His previous post was about Lewis Goodhall's view or Workington. When did the switch from Workington to nationally occur??

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:43 am

If it be your will wrote:Eh? His previous post was about Lewis Goodhall's view or Workington. When did the switch from Workington to nationally occur??
I said "I think"

One thing for sure is that the Lib Dem vote isn't a factor in Workington (unless of course, they are all traitors for not tactically voting)

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:47 am

If it be your will wrote:Are we looking at the same poll? The one that shows the Lib Dem vote falling to 5%?

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/stat ... 6828580865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, I thought it was a Lib Dem increase, but either way more jumping to the BXP than the Conservative

aggi
Been Liked: 2124 times

Post by aggi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:48 am

brexit wrote:Apologies if anyone has posted the link but
https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gives the conservatives a narrow win in burnley in the election.
It's an interesting site is electoral calculus but it is attempting to apply national figures to local seats without taking into account local factors. They've been reasonably but not massively accurate in the past https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/trackrecord.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Spijed wrote:Yes, I thought it was a Lib Dem increase, but either way more jumping to the BXP than the Conservative
(Still Workington:) I've checked the actual tables again. Just over half of those voting Labour in 2017, that are likely to vote, say they will vote Labour again. Of those saying otherwise 16% are going Tory, 10% brexit, and a small handful elsewhere (Lib, Green) 5%, with the rest undecided. Therefore the biggest movement is Labour to Tory. (And, separately, from Tory to Brexit)

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:41 pm

I like this
EIsKaaXXsAQ5E-_.png
EIsKaaXXsAQ5E-_.png (69.34 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5091 times
Has Liked: 6909 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:50 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 83911.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Such stories really dont help the EU case.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:I like this
EIsKaaXXsAQ5E-_.png
This will keep Jakub occupied all day trying to solve the puzzle

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:This will keep Jakub occupied all day trying to solve the puzzle

I live in hope.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:30 pm

AndrewJB wrote:If the old chap thinks living in the EU is the same as living in Communist Poland, I’d suggest he’s very confused.

I'd suggest he knows more about the subject than you ever will.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:36 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Ignoring the point and going straight for the insult. Guess that's all you have left now.

So what does "would have" fought in the war mean? Did he or didn't he? Did you assume he did or just plain make that bit up to try to give him a bit more credibility?
As I dont know the old gentleman personally, neither do you, given his apparent age, it's fair to assume that he would have fought in the war.

His generation, by and large , did.

You dont like the message he's sending out. As evangelical europhile zealot you dont like it.

Little Europeaners like you see it as heresy.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:36 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I'd suggest he knows more about the subject than you ever will.
"The life and times of Donald Tusk" is essential reading if you are going down that road.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:39 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:As I dont know the old gentleman personally, neither do you, given his apparent age, it's fair to assume that he would have fought in the war.

You dont like the message he's sending out. As evangelical europhile zealot you dont like it.

We don’t know the message he’s sending out, you never provided a link.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:43 pm

aggi wrote:Given that the majority of UK WW2 veterans voted to stay in the EU I wonder if Ringo values their opinions over his "nobody" opinion.

(Admittedly given Ringo's somewhat loose relationship with the truth I wouldn't be surprised to see him claim that he fought in WW1 and WW2.)
I value lots opinions.

Particularly those like the elderly polish gentleman. He has real life experience of living in the soviet union.

When his considered opinion regards the EU is, "I've lived in you future and it's not a nice place." I listen to his words.

Yours?

Not so much! :lol:

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:44 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I'd suggest he knows more about the subject than you ever will.
He’s wrong, pure and simple. Life in the EU bears no resemblance to life in communist Poland.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:46 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I value lots opinions.

Particularly those like the elderly polish gentleman. He has real life experience of living in the soviet union.

When his considered opinion regards the EU is, "I've lived in you future and it's not a nice place." I listen to his words.

Yours?

Not so much! :lol:
Donald Tusk? Ringo! DONALD TUSK?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:49 pm

martin_p wrote:We don’t know the message he’s sending out, you never provided a link.
It'll be on YouTube somewhere.

Can I be arsed rooting it out?

No.

Way way too busy.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:52 pm

AndrewJB wrote:He’s wrong, pure and simple. Life in the EU bears no resemblance to life in communist Poland.
He's wrong is he?!

You had experience of both. In order to avoid speaking from a position of ignorance and lacking credibility?

Yes or No?

Plus, he was talking about the way the EU is developing. Not necessarily as it is right now.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:53 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Brexit doesn't finish under any circumstances unless its a Lib Dem win.
Were they to tear up Article 50 without a referendum. If the next government then subsequently takes us out of the European union without a referendum.

How would you feel Lancasterclaret?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:With Watson chucking it in yesterday as well, the huge void in the centre of UK politics is just getting bigger and bigger.
There a biggish void in this message boards political threads.

It's your answer to my question.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:56 pm

Parliament is sovereign

Always has been, always will be

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:59 pm

And the fact that you are too busy does tend to coincide with you making a point that gets absolutely destroyed.

Toodle pip!

Donald Tusk is a much better example of a Pole who has lived under both Communism and the EU.

You'd have to be smacked off your tits on Brexit to think otherwise

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:04 pm

“And I think Jeremy Corbyn is completely unfit to lead our country, completely unfit to lead the Labour Party.

“And after 34 years, I joined the Labour Party as a teenager, I worked for the Labour Party, in my 30s I was a Government advisor, in my 40s I was an MP and a minister.

“So it’s really come to something when I tell decent, traditional, patriotic Labour voters that they should be voting for Boris Johnson at this election.”

Ian Austin, former aid to Gordin Brown.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:05 pm

Too busy
Too tired
Too bored
You forgot too mental

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:05 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:And the fact that you are too busy does tend to coincide with you making a point that gets absolutely destroyed.

Toodle pip!

Donald Tusk is a much better example of a Pole who has lived under both Communism and the EU.

You'd have to be smacked off your tits on Brexit to think otherwise
Raw nerve touched me thinks!

Swerve on, answer avoider!

:lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:16 pm

Not too long ago, when lancaster claret wrongly claimed that money coming back from the EU in the regional regeneration fund , wasnt actually our own money coming back. Given we were net contributors to the EU. I then produced links from FullFact and the Office of Nationsl Statistics that proved I was right!

Lancasterclaret then blocked me in one of his biggest hissy fits to date!

Anyway, he saw the error of his, tail between his legs, ways , and unlocked me. Subsequently, I said that if we didn't think that central government was spending enough on the regions, we could vote for a party that would. "Thsts democracy," I said.

Well, well, well,!

Look at today's announcements! The tories and the Liebour party are are falling over themselves to announce spending on the regions. Moving parts of the treasury, Javed announcing big spending in the North!

And when I said , "we could vote for parties that would spend on places like Burnley," the pessimism ridden and self confidence lacking europhiles said, "good luck with that Ringo!"

They should have listened to Mystic McCartney!

Have a great rest of the week ladies.

Tom Watson gone and 3 point against the hammers will be a good week for Ringo.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:18 pm

TVC15 wrote:Too busy
Too tired
Too bored
You forgot too mental
I didn't forget.

Just didn't think there was any need to highlight it.

It's a given..

Be good.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:25 pm

Aww, Ringo still not dealing with being blocked.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Aww, Ringo still not dealing with being blocked.
It must have hurt, he’s clearly got some sort of crush on you.

android
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Erasmus wrote:Android, Corbyn may have sympathathised with causes that others used terrorist acts to try to achieve, but that is not the same as sympathising with terrorists. I strongly sympathise with the aims of the Palestinians and the Catholic community in Northern Ireland in terms of their acquiring justice and equal rights, so does that mean I sympathise with terrorists? These distinctions are vitally important when it so easy to throw out cheap slurs, Daily Mail style.
Hi Erasmus - I have been away for a week. A quick scan of the past week's posts shows Corbyn denial reaching new levels in some quarters. I know it is futile, as you Turtle, Andrew JB, fatboy and others will defend Corbyn come what may and will cry smear regardless of the evidence. But reading nonsense is like a bad itch so I can't help myself!

Let's not forget that you did not regard someone saying "I am a Marxist" as evidence that that person is a Marxist. Speaking of which, guess who said this?

"It's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands, we now have a peace process."

Sounds a little more than sympathetic doesn't it?

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5563 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:59 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:As I dont know the old gentleman personally, neither do you, given his apparent age, it's fair to assume that he would have fought in the war.

I see you're still throwing that around, again providing more evidence that you don't read, or choose to ignore what other people write. Funny too that you get in a hissy fit when anyone calls any leave voter a narrow minded little Englander.

Anyway, I digress. Back to your old Polish guy making the ridiculous claim that you have thrown all your weight behind. So you've made up that he fought in the war? I won't dispute that he lived under Soviet rule; in which case he will have witnessed these things:

https://culture.pl/en/article/10-mind-b ... ist-poland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you really believe this would be our future if we stayed in the EU? Really?

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:08 pm

android wrote:Hi Erasmus - I have been away for a week. A quick scan of the past week's posts shows Corbyn denial reaching new levels in some quarters. I know it is futile, as you Turtle, Andrew JB, fatboy and others will defend Corbyn come what may and will cry smear regardless of the evidence. But reading nonsense is like a bad itch so I can't help myself!

Let's not forget that you did not regard someone saying "I am a Marxist" as evidence that that person is a Marxist. Speaking of which, guess who said this?

"It's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands, we now have a peace process."

Sounds a little more than sympathetic doesn't it?
Funny how Nelson Mandela was once seen as a terrorist by many Western governments.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:10 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Not too long ago, when lancaster claret wrongly claimed that money coming back from the EU in the regional regeneration fund , wasnt actually our own money coming back. Given we were net contributors to the EU. I then produced links from FullFact and the Office of Nationsl Statistics that proved I was right!

Lancasterclaret then blocked me in one of his biggest hissy fits to date!

Anyway, he saw the error of his, tail between his legs, ways , and unlocked me. Subsequently, I said that if we didn't think that central government was spending enough on the regions, we could vote for a party that would. "Thsts democracy," I said.

Well, well, well,!

Look at today's announcements! The tories and the Liebour party are are falling over themselves to announce spending on the regions. Moving parts of the treasury, Javed announcing big spending in the North!

And when I said , "we could vote for parties that would spend on places like Burnley," the pessimism ridden and self confidence lacking europhiles said, "good luck with that Ringo!"

They should have listened to Mystic McCartney!

Have a great rest of the week ladies.

Tom Watson gone and 3 point against the hammers will be a good week for Ringo.
An ant could've predicted that the tories would promise to spend money in the north. Well done, mystic one.

android
Been Liked: 121 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by android » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:29 pm

Spijed wrote:Funny how Nelson Mandela was once seen as a terrorist by many Western governments.
I know - therefore calling the IRA terrorists is outrageous. Marxism is massively underrated as well. Corbyn for PM.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:36 pm

Tory candidate:

"Nick Conrad in his own words.

“Women need to be more aware of men’s sexual desire.. when you’re about to engage in sexual activity there’s a huge amount of will and intent and it’s very difficult for many men to say no”

If you yank a dogs tail don’t be surprised when it bites"

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:41 pm

No more taking control of the order paper rules new speaker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics- ... ce=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Spijed wrote:Tory candidate:

"Nick Conrad in his own words.

“Women need to be more aware of men’s sexual desire.. when you’re about to engage in sexual activity there’s a huge amount of will and intent and it’s very difficult for many men to say no”

If you yank a dogs tail don’t be surprised when it bites"
He's now not standing, and now for balance can you post all the anti-semetic comments from Labour candidates ?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:50 pm

AndyClaret wrote:He's now not standing, and now for balance can you post all the anti-semetic comments from Labour candidates ?
Because you’re all about balance.

Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by Mala591 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:52 pm

Has anyone worked out what Farage's plan is? Obviously can't oppose the Tories in every seat or that might lose Brexit AND let Corbyn in. I think he'll target 20-30 Labour leave seats and stand down in all the rest.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:57 pm

And for balance...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 833e43?i5l" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
4.PNG
4.PNG (448.42 KiB) Viewed 1325 times

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Lib Dem candidate mocks The disabled and Benefits claimants.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lexia.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Chin up Andy

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:32 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Chin up Andy
Dry your eyes mate.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:32 pm

AndyClaret wrote:He's now not standing
Link?

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:32 pm

Spijed wrote:Link?

it was on sky news.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:37 pm

Jewish Chronicle urges all British citizens not to vote for anti-semite Corbyn.
Attachments
EIwBfFNWwAAlbaI.jpg
EIwBfFNWwAAlbaI.jpg (532.89 KiB) Viewed 1285 times

claret2018
Been Liked: 819 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:45 pm

Ringo, there's a lot of words out there that I associate with you, but "busy" certainly isn't one of them.

;)

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:04 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Lib Dem candidate mocks The disabled and Benefits claimants.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lexia.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or put another way, "Liberal candidate likes bad jokes". All jokes are about people, and all jokes are offensive to anyone who is a person. If they want to be offended.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Labour officials covered up candidates anti-semitism.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/excl ... m-1.492144" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:33 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:It'll be on YouTube somewhere.

Can I be arsed rooting it out?

No.

Way way too busy.
Normally Ringo would be falling over himself to post a link to this kind of thing