General Election Is On

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Re: General Election Is On

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:03 pm

dermotdermot wrote:I’m sorry but, no matter how bad you think they are, Corbyn is worse. No one would be as bad as him. Even Adolf Hitler would be better.
F* ck me! That is some Stupid, right there.

Could you please explain in a few bullet-points how on Earth you have come to this extraordinary conclusion?

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:17 pm

This conservative candidate getting his mate to pretend to be a labour voter who has swung to the tories is pretty entertaining. He managed to pick someone who was so extreme that he had to try and end the fake doorstepping (and then it was found out that he'd set it all up).
https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/11 ... 9128805377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:42 pm

Tory activist told to "go back to a fu**ing white country"............. in London !

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10418222/ ... st-london/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: jrtod61

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:45 pm

"You're stupid! You are f***ing sick in the head if you are voting for Conservative! You are a bloody idiot."

Seems fair enough to me....

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:12 pm

and that there ladies and gentlemen is the thought of so many on both sides and the edges of this coin, worrying to me at least
These 2 users liked this post: jrtod61 FactualFrank

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:14 pm

Not a joke or anything like that, love......... :roll:

Knob.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:21 pm

dermotdermot wrote:I’m sorry but, no matter how bad you think they are, Corbyn is worse. No one would be as bad as him. Even Adolf Hitler would be better.
Lord Beamish wrote:F* ck me! That is some Stupid, right there.

Could you please explain in a few bullet-points how on Earth you have come to this extraordinary conclusion?
Perhaps it's to do with Hitler being less anti semitic? :(
These 2 users liked this post: fatboy47 Rick_Muller

Lord Rothbury
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Lord Rothbury » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Time to do away with this party politics nonsense and the even more absurd electioneering. The military should remove all politicians and start running the country on some good old fashioned British values.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:29 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:"You're stupid! You are f***ing sick in the head if you are voting for Conservative! You are a bloody idiot."

Seems fair enough to me....

So it’s ok to be disgustingly racist if it’s against the Tories?
Perhaps you should live in East Ham or some other multi cultural sh1thole for a few weeks and you’ll soon know all about tolerance towards things like homosexuals ,Jews and white people ,coupled with modern forward thinking liberal attitudes to women .
These 3 users liked this post: KateR jrtod61 AndyClaret

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4242 times

Post by Greenmile » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:44 pm

KateR wrote:So you and your little gang continue to refuse to read what I was saying, you continue to push your agenda regardless of what people here point out, you twist and turn to your own ends, unfortunately like a lot of things in the world people don't agree with you, you need to try and understand that.

I am well aware Labour did not cause the financial crisis but you and your merry band continue to blame the Tories for the financial crisis outcome which we can all agree was called austerity, my posts were in regard to this and the fact that Tories did not cause it. It happened under Labour and I believe you did not doubt it as you have not contradicted that point, Labour made decisions and provided bail outs, Labour left the coffers empty, I will say again for the umpteenth time, I do not believe Tories did everything right, I do not believe the Tories are the best thing since sliced bread.

The issue I do have is the manifesto by Labour in its entirety, it is in my humble opinion not workable, has no basis in reality, of course anyone can borrow anything for as long as they want but regardless you have to pay things back plus interest, at the end I believe, forecast, anticipate, etc. that the common working class people will end up paying for it.

You need to tell me still from your little band, how good did the last 3 Labour Governments do, how long were they in power and what was the outcome, with a view to " if they were so good to the everyday working man and the poor why were they not in power time after time".
I don’t have a little band, or a little gang, so I’ve no idea what you’re banging on about there.

I will try to explain the point I’m trying to make once more - maybe you’ll get it this time.

You blame Labour for “leaving the coffers empty” and everything that happened as a result, even though you admit the GFC was not caused by them, on the basis that it happened “on their watch”.

You don’t blame the Tories for austerity and everything that happened as a result, even though it happened “on their watch”.

It’s the double-standards you’re displaying that I have an issue with.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:51 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:So it’s ok to be disgustingly racist if it’s against the Tories?
Perhaps you should live in East Ham or some other multi cultural sh1thole for a few weeks and you’ll soon know all about tolerance towards things like homosexuals ,Jews and white people ,coupled with modern forward thinking liberal attitudes to women .
*complains about racism*

*demonstrates racism*

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:52 pm

See Corbyn is being dragged back into discussing anti-Semitism. Again.

Why doesn't he just say "Look, if you honestly think I'm a racist, then don't vote for me!" and be done with it. There's little to be gained by going over it over and over and over again.

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Greenmile wrote:I don’t have a little band, or a little gang, so I’ve no idea what you’re banging on about there.

I will try to explain the point I’m trying to make once more - maybe you’ll get it this time.

You blame Labour for “leaving the coffers empty” and everything that happened as a result, even though you admit the GFC was not caused by them, on the basis that it happened “on their watch”.

You don’t blame the Tories for austerity and everything that happened as a result, even though it happened “on their watch”.

It’s the double-standards you’re displaying that I have an issue with.

how on earth do you keep missing my statements like I don't think the Tories are great, not the best thing since sliced bread etc. etc. I don't blame Labour totally either, they also did not cause the crash but they were part of why austerity happened, it needed to happen regardless of which party was in Gov.

It is not double standards at all, I was merely trying to point out Tories did NOT cause austerity, they inherited a situation beyond there control. Perhaps, I'm not sure, you are trying to say the Tories should have borrowed more, increased the national debt and not put austerity in place as a counter action to the financial crash and the fact there was no money left from the previous Gov. In fact I think you and others have double standards and blame everything on the Tories and seem to absolve the Labour Gov of any failings while also thinking this Labour party is super and there promises will bring untold wealth to the masses

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:01 pm

KateR wrote:how on earth do you keep missing my statements like I don't think the Tories are great, not the best thing since sliced bread etc. etc. I don't blame Labour totally either, they also did not cause the crash but they were part of why austerity happened, it needed to happen regardless of which party was in Gov.

It is not double standards at all, I was merely trying to point out Tories did NOT cause austerity, they inherited a situation beyond there control. Perhaps, I'm not sure, you are trying to say the Tories should have borrowed more, increased the national debt and not put austerity in place as a counter action to the financial crash and the fact there was no money left from the previous Gov. In fact I think you and others have double standards and blame everything on the Tories and seem to absolve the Labour Gov of any failings while also thinking this Labour party is super and there promises will bring untold wealth to the masses
What makes you think I think Labour are super?

What makes you think I think you think the Tories are great?

I’ve made no comment to either effect - all I’ve done is point out your double standards.

Austerity didn’t “need to happen”, incidentally. It was a choice made by the govt of the time, because it was easier to make the poor suffer for the mistakes of the banks.

Edit - I see you’ve liked the post above complaining about racism against a white Tory, then going on about “multi cultural sh1tholes” and suggesting that all Muslims (or all brown people) hate gays, Jews, women and white people. Another demonstration of double standards. Do you want to go for the hat-trick?

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:16 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:So it’s ok to be disgustingly racist if it’s against the Tories?

Can you not read or did you choose to ignore my retort to KateR who wasted no time in having a pop at me......read my comment to her.
No apology is necessary but please read, digest - ask if you can't understand - and THEN comment.
It will help you to stop making yourself look moronic. :roll:

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Greenmile wrote:What makes you think I think Labour are super?

What makes you think I think you think the Tories are great?

I’ve made no comment to either effect - all I’ve done is point out your double standards.

Austerity didn’t “need to happen”, incidentally. It was a choice made by the govt of the time, because it was easier to make the poor suffer for the mistakes of the banks.

Edit - I see you’ve liked the post above complaining about racism against a white Tory, then going on about “multi cultural sh1tholes” and suggesting that all Muslims (or all brown people) hate gays, Jews, women and white people. Another demonstration of double standards. Do you want to go for the hat-trick?

you really need to move on, your, well nothing really much to say to you, thank you for your wonderful insight and teaching me so much.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2307 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by Clarets4me » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:26 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Slightly off-topic question re registering and eligibility to vote.

I've just checked the electoral roll and while on it searched for myself but I didn't appear at my current address, nor did my wife. We've voted previously while we've been there and received our cards telling us that our postal voting forms are on the way.

Any reason why we're not on the roll?
Hi " FamilyCat " , it's probably because there are two versions of the Electoral Roll ...

The first one is the list of all eligible voters, which also includes young people who will attain the age of 18 within 6-9 months. This is available to inspect at libraries, town halls, council offices etc.

The second one, which is I suspect the one you've searched, is the edited version. I think you and your wife have opted not to appear on this, which is the Electoral Roll, minus those who've asked for their details not to be disclosed to Companies, who can buy this version of the Electoral roll to use for marketing etc.

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:30 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Can you not read or did you choose to ignore my retort to KateR who wasted no time in having a pop at me......read my comment to her.
No apology is necessary but please read, digest - ask if you can't understand - and THEN comment.
It will help you to stop making yourself look moronic. :roll:
you are the one posting moronic comments and then don't like it when people reply and then you become offensive

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:31 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Don’t forget the man in line to be Labour Health Secretary, Jon Ashworth, was one of the big brain’s behind it, advising Gordon Brown in the Treasury,

Those of us who have spent years trying to balance hospital’s books due to the PFI burden remember it well.
I didn’t know who created it when I read this at dinner.
However, it appears the charges were very high. I am told later projects are lower charges.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:33 pm

PFI is shite, but at least it meant hospitals that we needed got built.

There isn't anything in the past nine years that suggest the Tories can be trusted on the NHS, and where is policy for dealing with the collapse of social care?

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:F* ck me! That is some Stupid, right there.

If there’s a top trumps of posts, I think he beat me with that one.

I think I would claim my account had been hacked if I put that.
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:36 pm

fatboy47 wrote:It's not hard to imagine that a few agents of the media could easily promote the scenario you describe Lancs.

I probably know 60 or 70 Labour Party members personally. I'd be honestly amazed if a single one entertained the nasty racist views you mention. So I think for you to suggest the Labour Party is ""full"" of racists suggests you hadnt thought through your remark or you've fallen for the Tory line. I hope and believe its the former as I dont really have you in the ""hard of thinking "" bracket.
There are 130 cases of anti-semitism awaiting discussion by the Labour tribunal, so that doesn't include any that they have decided are not worthy of investigating (which could be 130, it could be 13000!)

No party has a majority of racist members (except the obvious ones!) but both Labour and the Conservatives have significant problems with it.

I'm glad that Corbyn spoke out about it today, but less impressed that he decided to make it a more general issue and he explicitly blamed the far right for anti-semitism (which is understandable, but its just as prevalent in the far left sadly)
This user liked this post: KateR

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:54 pm

KateR wrote:you are the one posting moronic comments and then don't like it when people reply and then you become offensive

Grow up, you didn't get the joke, got all stroppy and have taken offence because your ignorance has been pointed out.

Just be quiet, eh ? ;)

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:There are 130 cases of anti-semitism awaiting discussion by the Labour tribunal, so that doesn't include any that they have decided are not worthy of investigating (which could be 130, it could be 13000!)

No party has a majority of racist members (except the obvious ones!) but both Labour and the Conservatives have significant problems with it.

I'm glad that Corbyn spoke out about it today, but less impressed that he decided to make it a more general issue and he explicitly blamed the far right for anti-semitism (which is understandable, but its just as prevalent in the far left sadly)
But 130 represents 0.0002% of the Labour membership so I think ‘full of racists’ is a bit strong (and that was the point being made). I’m not saying there isn’t a problem by the way.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2620 times
Has Liked: 6419 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:27 pm

martin_p wrote:But 130 represents 0.0002% of the Labour membership so I think ‘full of racists’ is a bit strong (and that was the point being made). I’m not saying there isn’t a problem by the way.
Whereas 100% of the Tory leader has been demonstrated to be racist

:D

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 285 times
Has Liked: 423 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:37 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Grow up, you didn't get the joke, got all stroppy and have taken offence because your ignorance has been pointed out.

Just be quiet, eh ? ;)
evennastiereddie proves, yet again, that he is the most odious and boorish poster on here.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5522 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:40 pm

Clarets4me wrote:Hi " FamilyCat " , it's probably because there are two versions of the Electoral Roll ...

The first one is the list of all eligible voters, which also includes young people who will attain the age of 18 within 6-9 months. This is available to inspect at libraries, town halls, council offices etc.

The second one, which is I suspect the one you've searched, is the edited version. I think you and your wife have opted not to appear on this, which is the Electoral Roll, minus those who've asked for their details not to be disclosed to Companies, who can buy this version of the Electoral roll to use for marketing etc.
That makes sense, thanks.
This user liked this post: Clarets4me

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:46 pm

In a strange twist, the Burnley Brexiteers yesterday set up on Centenary way.

Just about every Asian taxi driver wanted a Brexit party leaflet, is this a sign KateR was correct that some may turn away from Labour.

Maybe the solid vote I was told about is not so solid.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:50 pm

Jeez, you must have to be a pathological liar to be a member of the Tory Party. Makes me so angry.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Hapag Lloyd wrote:evennastiereddie proves, yet again, that he is the most odious and boorish poster on here.

If I rattle you, Hapag, it's job done and I'll happily accept your accolade. :lol:

"evennastiereddie" ! Love it.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:03 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Jeez, you must have to be a pathological liar to be a member of the Tory Party. Makes me so angry.

And anyone following Labour must be on blind ideology similar to cult status.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Corbyn being massacred by Brillo over anti-semitism.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Kate, please don't take the abusive ones seriously. Some people are just unpleasant and that comes out in extreme measure when they are granted the anonymity of a keyboard.

However, I have to say that the Conservative Party DID cause austerity, or at least they made it much worse than it needed to be. As I mentioned before, they could have addressed the problem they faced by a combination of tax rises and cuts to public expenses. It is not impossible to raise taxes, especially at a time like that when they were saying 'We're all in this together.'

They took a conscious decision to go for cuts to public services as the single solution, with all the terrible consequences that this has entailed. They DIDN'T have to do this; they could have struck a balance between cuts and tax rises and the people paying more tax would not have suffered nearly as much as those at the food banks or the elderly folk deprived of proper care. It was a choice they made on behalf of the rich and in my view it was unforgiveable.
These 2 users liked this post: KateR FactualFrank

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:11 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Corbyn being massacred by Brillo over anti-semitism.
Leaked Momentum whats app messages about it.
Attachments
7.jpg
7.jpg (67.8 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (52.65 KiB) Viewed 1354 times

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:15 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Corbyn being massacred by Brillo over anti-semitism.
Let’s just hope he can finish him off!
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:22 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Grow up, you didn't get the joke, got all stroppy and have taken offence because your ignorance has been pointed out.

Just be quiet, eh ? ;)

Great joke, my sides are splitting laughing, so now I'm also ignorant because you say so, great reply, be quiet, yes sir anything you say sir, and you tell me to grow up. You're a laugh a minute you are.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:24 pm

Brillo now exposing the Labour lie that only the top 5% will pay more tax.

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:26 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:Jeez, you must have to be a pathological liar to be a member of the Tory Party. Makes me so angry.

is this another joke that everyone is supposed to laugh at? Am I getting sensitive in my old age or are we supposed to take this drivel as a honest opinion?

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Neil must have asked Corbyn a dozen times how he would pay for the Waspi women, with Corbyn only wanting to say why.

Incredible.

Johnson is going to get obliterated, when it’s his turn.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:30 pm

This is horrific.

I can’t see Corbyn recovering from this

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:31 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:And anyone following Labour must be on blind ideology similar to cult status.
So you think it’s alright for them to continue to tell blatant lies in order to try and win the election?

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:32 pm

Inchy wrote: I can’t see Corbyn recovering from this
Followed by Corbyn stropping, taking off his mic whilst the credits were still rolling, I’m inclined to agree.

lakedistrictclaret
Been Liked: 517 times
Has Liked: 183 times

Post by lakedistrictclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:33 pm

The fact is that Andrew Neil is far cleverer than Jeremy Corbyn,who hadn't prepared properly for that interview.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:34 pm

KateR wrote:is this another joke that everyone is supposed to laugh at? Am I getting sensitive in my old age or are we supposed to take this drivel as a honest opinion?
Obviously you can’t see the wood from the trees either.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Prince Andrew does the car crash interview of the century
Jeremy Corbyn : Hold my beer......

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:39 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Prince Andrew does the car crash interview of the century
Jeremy Corbyn : Hold my beer......
You think Boris will be any better?

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:40 pm

"Mr Corbyn, would you kill the leader of ISIS"

"Well Andrew, allow me to explain..."

For f.ucks sake.
This user liked this post: AndyClaret

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Even Nicola Sturgeon struggled and she is light years ahead of any other leader in terms of debating.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Spijed, hopefully Johnson will get equally skewered.

I did have to laugh at this though:
EF23D403-A2F4-45AC-A837-A96D76C8D9D1.jpeg
This user liked this post: Spijed

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:46 pm

Erasmus wrote:Kate, please don't take the abusive ones seriously. Some people are just unpleasant and that comes out in extreme measure when they are granted the anonymity of a keyboard.

However, I have to say that the Conservative Party DID cause austerity, or at least they made it much worse than it needed to be. As I mentioned before, they could have addressed the problem they faced by a combination of tax rises and cuts to public expenses. It is not impossible to raise taxes, especially at a time like that when they were saying 'We're all in this together.'

They took a conscious decision to go for cuts to public services as the single solution, with all the terrible consequences that this has entailed. They DIDN'T have to do this; they could have struck a balance between cuts and tax rises and the people paying more tax would not have suffered nearly as much as those at the food banks or the elderly folk deprived of proper care. It was a choice they made on behalf of the rich and in my view it was unforgiveable.

I appreciate your views with a rationale as to why and I will reiterate that I am not defending what the Tories did in terms of austerity nothing is every perfect for any party, as you say there was a choice. Raising taxes causes any party to lose votes, this is a political consideration that all parties make and should be a balanced view and outcome against other considerations. In this particular case a financial crisis, go back and look at the national debt and see the rise in 2008/9, you will also note that it has continued to rise throughout every year up to and including this month, this provides a measure of what each government did in terms of borrowing, borrowing being the difference in what they borrow to cover the deficit or the difference between what they receive in taxes against what they spend. From my analysis the Tory government borrowed every year, did not raise taxes, but did cut in to services and spent more on services that they earned, this was there choice, right or wrong. As you state they could have had tax raises in an economy which has been in the doldrums for a long time, raising corporate tax has proven in many places to lead to job losses, raising individual taxes leads to the poor being hit hardest out of there disposable income.

I 100% totally agree that the pendulum swung to far in regard to cutting services such as but not limited to NHS/Teachers/police, I personally don't believe like many here that these services wont see more support from the government but all this has to be balanced, the national debt is to high and more borrowing, which the LibDems and Labour are advocating has to be paid for at some time. Now if you want to take national debt out of the equation and you just don't care about it then it opens up so much more, however if that is the case why would the Tories not try to outspend the other parties, particularly Labour in the attempt to gain votes, there has to be a valid reason for this don't you think?