General Election Is On

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Re: General Election Is On

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:27 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Labour claiming they have evidence that the NHS is for sale.

If they can back it up, this is the sort of thing that makes people change their vote.

Must be true btw, the right wing twitter accounts are already spinning like mad.

They only do that when they realise there is a risk.
What does this even mean though ?
Surely it’s just more politicking which will be denied with the back and forth ping pong we normally get.

Anyway I have checked both Rightmove and Zoopla and I can categorically confirm the NHS is not for sale..

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:29 am

TVC15 wrote:What does this even mean though ?
Surely it’s just more politicking which will be denied with the back and forth ping pong we normally get.

Anyway I have checked both Rightmove and Zoopla and I can categorically confirm the NHS is not for sale..
You need to widen your filters!

I get what you mean though, but this election needs to be about real issues and this is something that Labour can really win on.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:32 am

TVC15 wrote:What does this even mean though ?

False, the Tories are and always have been planning to sell the NHS to Trump's America, that's what a vote for the Tories brings you, the end of the NHS.

Just make sure you know that when you vote for them.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:37 am

Just heard this. Seems to be a non story about the US trying to lengthen drug patents. Rightly, they will claim, due to the amount they spend on R&D.

Ultimately though if these companies are under a financial squeeze, less drugs will be developed, and more people will die.

If drug prices stay high, health services come under strain, and more people will die.

Welcome to NHS management. People die whatever you do, there are tough, tough choices.

Corbyn will win votes with this of course, but it doesn’t make him right, or wrong. It is simply how the world works. Excellent redirection after yesterday though.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:40 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:False, the Tories are and always have been planning to sell the NHS to Trump's America, that's what a vote for the Tories brings you, the end of the NHS.

Just make sure you know that when you vote for them.
I’ve voted Labour all my life and will never ever vote Tory.
I just think on this issue they are going down another rabbit hole and it will be denied - and as said what does it even mean ?-it is not being sold as an entity and there will be no proof of that either. As I said it’s actually a meaningless statement and all we will get from the Tories is that Labour started the whole PFI process and let the yanks through the door by doing this.

I hope the NHS becomes the election deciding issue it should be but I think this is the wrong strategy but if it works for Labour then I’d be as happy as anyone

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:41 am

But Matt Hancock talks to a camera everyday saying the NHS is not for sale.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:42 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:But Matt Hancock talks to a camera everyday saying the NHS is not for sale.
Of course he does - it’s meaningless. It’s akin to saying Britain is not for sale.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:43 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:But you will never get a cross party approach with politics as it is at the moment.

Its up to the government to run the country both in the short and long term, and no offence, sometimes that means making unpopular decisions.
Well indeed, but they would not have a chance to be in government if the manifesto included some of this stuff. That is why he needs a majority to then sneak this stuff in during the 5 year term.

It is the only choice unless a) they form a cross party consensus, or b) the public accept the unpopular choice themselves of a tax rise to pay for world class social care (neither of which have happened).

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:49 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:I don't know how you think Johnson can be different. He got to be PM by caving into the right of the party, the ERG, the freetrade, the minimal state interventionist, the market rules all.

At least be honest with us and say that is exactly why you are backing him.

I can't back him because he's completely untrustworthy. I don't trust him to do what is best for the country if it tarnished "brand Boris".

I genuinely think he doesn't have any principles or beliefs at all, and will change tack as soon as he sees an advantage for him.

Its profoundly depressing state of affairs all round, and that is before we even get to the stage where the Brexit that was promised is going to be nothing of the sort.
I know you think that Lancs, and I am being honest with you. I hope, but do not know, that he is different. A caring liar if you will (I could live with that better than a wealth hating antisemite). I do have sympathy for Corbyn, his eyes were welling up in that interview, but he is totally unfit for office because he is incapable of tough choices,

I don’t stick my fingers in my ear and sing a song before deciding this stuff - I’ve spoken to the guy (BJ not JC), looked in his eyes and seen his body language in a way we can only judge when they are looking at us and talking to us. I’m putting my trust in my own ability to read people, and I’d trust my life with that. We’ll see.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:58 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:I’ve spoken to the guy (BJ not JC), looked in his eyes and seen his body language in a way we can only judge when they are looking at us and talking to us. I’m putting my trust in my own ability to read people, and I’d trust my life with that. We’ll see.
Eh??

You're really into our Boris, aren't you??

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 am

Boris said, "There are no circumstances whatever in which this government or any Conservative government will put the NHS on the table in any trade negotiation. Our NHS will never be for sale."

Something tells me it won't be the last time we read/hear this. They won't sell off the NHS in one foul swoop. It'll be done bit by bit in an attempt to do it under the radar.
Last edited by FactualFrank on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:00 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote: I don’t stick my fingers in my ear and sing a song before deciding this stuff - I’ve spoken to the guy (BJ not JC), looked in his eyes and seen his body language in a way we can only judge when they are looking at us and talking to us. I’m putting my trust in my own ability to read people, and I’d trust my life with that. We’ll see.
Lying has been such an integral part of his life for so long that it’s natural to him. The only physical sign left that he’s lying is his mouth moving.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:06 am

If it be your will wrote:Eh??

Sounds like he has been hypnotised - was Clinton Baptiste in the room ?
Anyone who thinks Boris is trustworthy must be unhinged. Forget about his many lies in politics -just look at his personal life

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6416 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:08 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Just heard this. Seems to be a non story about the US trying to lengthen drug patents. Rightly, they will claim, due to the amount they spend on R&D.

Ultimately though if these companies are under a financial squeeze, less drugs will be developed, and more people will die.

If drug prices stay high, health services come under strain, and more people will die.

Welcome to NHS management. People die whatever you do, there are tough, tough choices.

Corbyn will win votes with this of course, but it doesn’t make him right, or wrong. It is simply how the world works. Excellent redirection after yesterday though.
Thanks, for info as someone who is reliant upon an expensive drug to live I’m in that group you clearly don’t give a sh!t about.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... t-20967881" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AndyClaret
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:23 am

As you were, nothing to see here...

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/11 ... 40352?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:23 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:But Matt Hancock talks to a camera everyday saying the NHS is not for sale.
Yes, but his lips are moving.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:26 am

AndyClaret wrote:As you were, nothing to see here...

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/11 ... 40352?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You've got your head so far stuck in the sand it's no wonder you can't see anything.

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:29 am

With regards the document Corbyn produced on health this morning I am always sceptical about these. Reading around it the NHS was only mentioned a few times and a Crohn’s disease drug was mentioned which came out of patent in 2016. I really can’t believe we would pay more for drugs in a trade deal.

What I would like Corbyn to do is talk about the facts and to refute the Tory argument that whilst spending on the NHS has risen since 2010 the spending on health as a % to GDP has fallen since 2010 to just over 7% now. That is facts he could say trust Labour’ record on NHS and make a commitment to set spending on health as a % of GDP similar to the European average. He could really put the ball in the Tories court on that issue instead we had a press conference on trade deals from before Johnson came to office.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:29 am

AndyClaret wrote:As you were, nothing to see here...

The Dispatches programme says different:
https://www.channel4.com/press/news/tru ... dispatches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"US government and its powerful pharmaceutical industry want the NHS to pay more for their medicines which are much more expensive across the Atlantic. They want to remove the UK’s ability to block American drugs not deemed “value for money” and restrict our powers to allow cheaper alternatives to be prescribed to patients which save the NHS hundreds of millions of pounds a year."

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:40 am

Spijed wrote:The Dispatches programme says different:
https://www.channel4.com/press/news/tru ... dispatches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"US government and its powerful pharmaceutical industry want the NHS to pay more for their medicines which are much more expensive across the Atlantic. They want to remove the UK’s ability to block American drugs not deemed “value for money” and restrict our powers to allow cheaper alternatives to be prescribed to patients which save the NHS hundreds of millions of pounds a year."
https://twitter.com/EdConwaySky/status/ ... 09313?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:52 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:Just heard this. Seems to be a non story about the US trying to lengthen drug patents. Rightly, they will claim, due to the amount they spend on R&D.

This is actually one of the examples I've been using when people like DSR claim that trade deals only deal with trade and have no impact on any other laws.

This was always going to be an issue for the US, NAFTA nearly fell through because of their insistence on this.

As to how necessary it is, that's for individuals to assess. Johnson & Johnson made a profit of ~ $15bn last year, Pfizer's was $11bn, Gilead was $5bn, etc Obviously they are the big players and there are plenty of others out there but it's not the most squeezed sector.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:58 am

Of course Trump and Boris will be doing deals left, right and centre....and the pharmaceutical industry / NHS will be a massive part of this.
It’s already one of the most corrupt industries in the world - and now it’s going to have 2 of the most corrupt leaders in the world playing monopoly with it.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:09 pm

The problem with the "NHS for sale" thing is, that the NHS will be up for sale with Labours plan to remain in the EU, if the EU ever does a trade deal the the US.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:46 pm

BoJo will always have plausible deniability for his supporters because he's not actually selling the service that is the NHS. What he is doing is negotiating deals to sell off the supplier services to the NHS which will cripple it and make the NHS into a poorer service enabling the alternative options (private health insurance) to gain ground in the market. This is what is happening, and if he gets in and Brexit happens mark my words, the NHS will be dead. If that happens, anyone who voted for him had better hope they don't fall ill or suffer with a chronic illness, as you'll have ultimately signed your early death warrant.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:48 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:BoJo will always have plausible deniability for his supporters because he's not actually selling the service that is the NHS. What he is doing is negotiating deals to sell off the supplier services to the NHS which will cripple it and make the NHS into a poorer service enabling the alternative options (private health insurance) to gain ground in the market. This is what is happening, and if he gets in and Brexit happens mark my words, the NHS will be dead. If that happens, anyone who voted for him had better hope they don't fall ill or suffer with a chronic illness, as you'll have ultimately signed your early death warrant.
On plus side least we’ll have our ruddy sovereignty back.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:54 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:On plus side least we’ll have our ruddy sovereignty back.
Except the document released today apparently says the US want the right to be involved in British standard setting.

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:57 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:BoJo will always have plausible deniability for his supporters because he's not actually selling the service that is the NHS. What he is doing is negotiating deals to sell off the supplier services to the NHS which will cripple it and make the NHS into a poorer service enabling the alternative options (private health insurance) to gain ground in the market. This is what is happening, and if he gets in and Brexit happens mark my words, the NHS will be dead. If that happens, anyone who voted for him had better hope they don't fall ill or suffer with a chronic illness, as you'll have ultimately signed your early death warrant.
This is all invention. You're building a fantasy workd of something that hasn't happened and using it as a stick to beat Boris Johnson with. Why? Please tell.

There is a lot of this sort of thing poisoning British politics at present. It was there earlier in this thread when Inchy was calling David Cameron / Thresea May "evil" because they only increased NHS spending by 2% per year when Blair/Brown increased it by 5%; the difference between 2% and 5% being not a difference in policy and how much we can get away with asking future generations to pay; the difference according to Inchy being those who want people to live and those who want people to die.

There is a lot of modern politics where people reckon that others who have a different policy are not wrong or misguided, they are evil. It's one of the nastiest sides of this election.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:13 pm

dsr wrote:This is all invention. You're building a fantasy workd of something that hasn't happened and using it as a stick to beat Boris Johnson with. Why? Please tell.
Because he's a lying c#nt.

Oh, and I am someone who will be directly affected by this and I already am directly affected. I already spend a Friday afternoon in Hospital for treatment every 8 weeks for the past 5-6 years for a Chronic illness that I have suffered with for over 15 years and I have actually witness the degradation of the service to what it is now - that is not a fantasy world, and nor is the evidence provided today by the leak from JC. I am also someone who was previously employed in the NHS. I also have family members who know the finer details of the Pharmaceutical business in the NHS and they confirm that this is the plan for the NHS by Boris and the Tories.

but no, you tell me I'm wrong because it doesn't support your ideal view of Brexit and Boris.
These 3 users liked this post: TVC15 Swizzlestick FactualFrank

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:19 pm

ask yourself this. What will Boris and the Tories gain from "massively funding the NHS" whilst also opening trade deals for the suppliers to the US markets? I'll tell you, they'll all make an awful amount of money out of it as company directors; and backhanders; and quangos etc. or are people who think Boris is doing this "for the good of the country" really that deluded.
Boris NHS for sale.JPG
Boris NHS for sale.JPG (56.31 KiB) Viewed 1583 times

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:43 pm

Rightly or wrongly, adverts like this will resonate with voters far more than anti-semitism ever will.
Attachments
EKYh9OZWoAE1r3w.jpg
EKYh9OZWoAE1r3w.jpg (42.71 KiB) Viewed 1553 times

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:55 pm

If it be your will wrote:Eh??

Not really.

I think he was screwed up as a child and as a result he doesn’t follow the same social norms as many of us, I also think he is highly intelligent and cares for people (a trait many suggest is picked up while hearing friends beaten in his boarding school where he was sent while his mother was admitted to hospital following a breakdown).

So he is far too weird a character to either completely like or dislike. I simply believe him when he says he will fund the north and sort out imbalances. Nothing more.

AndyClaret

Post by AndyClaret » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:03 pm

Plymouth labour committing postal fraud.

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/ ... 41089?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/PlymouthBaz/status/ ... 61253?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:07 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:
I have actually witness the degradation of the service to what it is now - that is not a fantasy world.
The issue then is about purely about funding and like I said in an earlier post the % of GDP spent on Health has reduced since 2010 when demands have increased with an ageing population. We at least should be hitting the European average.

I just don’t buy this trade off with the US, why would we pay more for Pharmaceutical’s a trade deal might actually benefit more in that we get to buy US drugs cheaper and they get ours cheaper.

In the end though you need a growing economy to fund the NHS and in my opinion the spending plans Labour are proposing put this at risk.

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:13 pm

Inchy wrote:I am fed up of the amount of support this Tory government are getting off decent traditional labour voting people just because they don’t want to see Corbyn in government.

If you don’t like Corbyn then good! I don’t particularly like him either. I don’t particularly believe a lot of his policies will work either. Does that mean I am going to stick up for Boris when he tells lies? Does it mean I will stick up for a Tory government when they force people to starvation? Does it mean I will stick up for the Tories when they make the poorest suffer and the richest prosper?

Does it B0ll0CKS!

If people don’t like this labour rabble I can totally understand but if people support this Tory mob like they are going to be the second coming then I really question their morality. This is a horrific government.
If people want to vote Tory to avoid what they perceive an even worse labour government then fair enough. But let’s not pretend that this Tory lot are decent. They are incompetent at best and evil at worst
I have been arguing against Labour and voted Labour since 1983 apart from 2010 when I voted for Birtwistle.
It would be interesting if people would post what they are going to vote, I know some want it to secrecy and that’s absolutely your right, but some might be arguing on one side of an argument but may be not voting Tory.

Mines obvious , Stewart, Brexit Party.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:Because he's a lying c#nt.

Oh, and I am someone who will be directly affected by this and I already am directly affected. I already spend a Friday afternoon in Hospital for treatment every 8 weeks for the past 5-6 years for a Chronic illness that I have suffered with for over 15 years and I have actually witness the degradation of the service to what it is now - that is not a fantasy world, and nor is the evidence provided today by the leak from JC. I am also someone who was previously employed in the NHS. I also have family members who know the finer details of the Pharmaceutical business in the NHS and they confirm that this is the plan for the NHS by Boris and the Tories.

but no, you tell me I'm wrong because it doesn't support your ideal view of Brexit and Boris.
WALOFS

You’re saying your family members(not only pharmaceutical gods) they’re also privy to and can actually confirm that Boris and the Tories are selling out to Trump? I’d also be absoloutley staggered if your treatment has been altered in any way to the actual detriment of your health . The NHS creaks and strains under a fast growing and also aging population

Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:23 pm

dsr wrote:This is all invention. You're building a fantasy workd of something that hasn't happened and using it as a stick to beat Boris Johnson with. Why? Please tell.

There is a lot of this sort of thing poisoning British politics at present. It was there earlier in this thread when Inchy was calling David Cameron / Thresea May "evil" because they only increased NHS spending by 2% per year when Blair/Brown increased it by 5%; the difference between 2% and 5% being not a difference in policy and how much we can get away with asking future generations to pay; the difference according to Inchy being those who want people to live and those who want people to die.

There is a lot of modern politics where people reckon that others who have a different policy are not wrong or misguided, they are evil. It's one of the nastiest sides of this election.

It’s not just the 3% though is it.

Nursing numbers are massively short. So what do this rabble do? Make it far more difficult to become a nurse by removing the bursary . The savings to the treasury are minimal but the impact on patient care is massive.

Why do this? What’s the logic.

Also what about all the food banks? What about all the homeless? What about universal credit? What about all those disabled people who have died whist having their benefits frozen whist being investigated? What about the cuts to MH services?

This Tory government has created policies which has caused suffering to poorest and most vulnerable in society, whist the richest have got richer.

Evil
Last edited by Inchy on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6156 times

Post by KateR » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:26 pm

I have to say I am somewhat confused on the NHS subject and some comments thrown around, I can understand the BJ lies therefore when he says the NHS are not for sale he must be lying, somewhat like the boy who cried wolf, so if you are someone, and there are many on here who are totally against the Tories they will leverage this and make it a rallying cry, as many do on here.

My experience of buying prescriptions both in the US and the UK is that I have seen some cheaper in each country, I have also see articles about people/children who can not get a drug they need in the UK and have to go to the US or internationally to get it so the UK drug prescription side of things is not the be all and end all. I also know I buy many over the counter type things that are from US drug manufactures so this leads me to believe that the US are already in the UK market somewhat and have competitive pricing or they would not be bought.

I believe that the buying power of the NHS is the strongest in the world (just my thought, not evidence so don't ask for back up) I do not see this changing whichever party is in power, I think there is an option to change standards that may effect what drugs get bought but personally do not see this happening. If there are drugs out there, let's say US drugs and they are allowed by trade and the NHS have them as an alternative, what is the big issue, surely more choice is better, it's a bit like the chlorinated chicken debate which appears to have died a death lately.

My own experience of the NHS over the last 5 years where we as a family lost 2 mothers and I had a very bad fall resulting in serious injury, months of hospital visits was in the main good and there was no issue in terms of getting beds for example. I am not saying here everything is rosy with the NHS and it should not be given the highest priority because I think it should. There is clearly a need to support and improve the NHS but I just do not see this "The NHS is for Sale under the Tories", I think it is a political scare tactic.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:26 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:WALOFS

You’re saying your family members(not only pharmaceutical gods) they’re also privy to and can actually confirm that Boris and the Tories are selling out to Trump? I’d also be absoloutley staggered if your treatment has been altered in any way to the actual detriment of your health . The NHS creaks and strains under a fast growing and also aging population
Yes, my sister is a NHS pharmacist, and her husband is a senior manager in an American pharmaceutical company with their UK base near London and he has confirmed what is his expert opinion on the matter. You’ll forgive me for not naming the company.

You’re right about the NHS creaking under the strain, that’s because it has been starved of funds for 10 years.

Caballo
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 431 times

Post by Caballo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:34 pm

Whilst I don't agree with removal of the bursary Inchy, it hasn't had an effect on overall nursing numbers, despite the students now having to 'self fund' there are still more applicants than training places available.
I'd much rather a bursary was in place that 'handcuffed you to the NHS for a defined period, say 10yrs, with a sliding scale of amount owing versus hours worked.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:42 pm

https://www.rcn.org.uk/news-and-events/ ... rsary-axed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although it hasn’t had an impact of on applicants yet it has had a impact on the quality of applicants and the amount of people that actually finish the degree

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:Yes, my sister is a NHS pharmacist, and her husband is a senior manager in an American pharmaceutical company with their UK base near London and he has confirmed what is his expert opinion on the matter. You’ll forgive me for not naming the company.

You’re right about the NHS creaking under the strain, that’s because it has been starved of funds for 10 years.
Well you’ve almost given the answer what the yanks want and it isn’t the NHS it’s the drug contracts . The pharmacy business is almost totally deregulated and pharmacies can buy from wherever they want usually Greece ,Spain and India .NHS hospital drug contracts are what they’re after and it makes diddly squat which party are in power. The likes of Phizer ,Merck and JJ have been sniffing and schmoozing for time immorial.

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:01 pm

It’s amazing how many people actually believe all the problems of the NHS are purely down to an ageing population.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:14 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:It’s amazing how many people actually believe all the problems of the NHS are purely down to an ageing population.
I would say people don't think it is the only problem but it's a major factor. There are of course things like important workforce issues and the need to shift activity from acute to community and primary care settings, but these are also caused in a large part by our ageing population and people living longer with complex conditions.

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Labour now saying they will scrap IR35 which the Tories are planning on bringing in next April.

https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00143 ... _2020.html

With 5 million contractors / freelancers (inc myself) - this could be an important vote winning policy for Labour.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:26 pm

AndyClaret wrote:Plymouth labour committing postal fraud.

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/ ... 41089?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/PlymouthBaz/status/ ... 61253?s=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The police are now investigating this.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Surely the BBC should have fixed a date for everyone before going ahead.

BBC News Press Team
@BBCNewsPR
Replying to
@BBCNewsPR
and
@afneil
For those asking when Boris Johnson's interview will take place, we're in ongoing discussions with his team but we haven't yet been able to fix a date

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:45 pm

For comedy value Point numbers 1 and 10 on this list are related... If anyone can tell me what tickled me I'll stay quiet on this thread for a while :D

Oh, and the comments on Facebook are a treat if anyone can see them :D
Boris 10 Facts.JPG
Boris 10 Facts.JPG (68.06 KiB) Viewed 1407 times

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6156 times

Post by KateR » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:47 pm

I certainly hope he does the show/interview

Perhaps he is still studying his homework and having special tutors for the anticipated questions and is not quite exam ready
This user liked this post: Elizabeth

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:49 pm

taio wrote:I would say people don't think it is the only problem but it's a major factor. There are of course things like important workforce issues and the need to shift activity from acute to community and primary care settings, but these are also caused in a large part by our ageing population and people living longer with complex conditions.
Don’t forget cuts to services within the NHS.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:33 pm

Boris refuses to do the Neil interview:

Theo Usherwood LBC on twitter:

“Labour source tells me BBC informed them Boris Johnson would do an Andrew Neil interview next week.
Turns out no such agreement had been reached.
If Tory leader isn’t subjected to same scrutiny as Mr Corbyn, but his team was told he would be, that’s a problem for the BBC.”