General Election Is On

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Re: General Election Is On

Post by taio » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:58 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:20 am
You probably didn't look past "Get Brexit Done" but you voted to reduce the money spent on DIsabled and Autistic people to zero by 2023.

That must feel good.
...and one would think before highlighting this you'd have taken just a moment to look at the manifesto to check what those funding amounts refer to. It says:

'We will also provide £74 million over three years for additional capacity in community care settings for those with learning disabilities and autism.'

'Additional capacity' was in bold text.
This user liked this post: KateR

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:07 am

taio wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:58 am
...and one would think before highlighting this you'd have taken just a moment to look at the manifesto to check what those funding amounts refer to. It says:

'We will also provide £74 million over three years for additional capacity in community care settings for those with learning disabilities and autism.'

'Additional capacity' was in bold text.
I know that but it isn't additional to anything, it's 0 + 24. 0 + 25, 0 + 25 and finally 0 + 0.

Well done, that must feel good.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1641 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:11 am

martin_p wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:18 pm
You’re not reading what I said. It was Andrew Marr positing that a big Tory majority might lead to a softer Brexit, I was merely clutching at that straw in the hope that a Johnson government won’t be as bad as I think it might be.

As I’ve said in this thread and others we all get the government that has been voted in and the benefits/catastrophes that government might cause whoever we voted for. So what’s wrong with hoping that government is better than you think it will be?
I’ve said for ages that a big majority and Johnson would pivot left.

His manifesto did that already but Labour tried to claim it was hard right.

They are already planning a huge budget spending spree, and Brexit being closer to the EU is likely too (to afford the short term spending spree).

I don’t expect Labour fans to enjoy a Johnson premiership, but I do expect it to still benefit them overall.
Last edited by CrosspoolClarets on Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

taio

Post by taio » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:11 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:07 am
I know that but it isn't additional to anything, it's 0 + 24. 0 + 25, 0 + 25 and finally 0 + 0.

Well done, that must feel good.
You clearly know absolutely nothing about it. It's additional funding to support existing funding. It was a desperate post that incorrectly jumped to conclusions without knowing the facts.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:22 am

Boris at this moment in time appears to be the only credible & trustworthy politician as demonstrated by recent events unfolded, ignoring any misgivings previously seems to be the favourable option, with labour & the lib Dems in apparent disarray it's a non entity entertaining any other thought process.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:22 am

taio wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:11 am
You clearly know absolutely nothing about it. It's additional funding to support existing funding. It was a desperate post that incorrectly jumped to conclusions without knowing the facts.
The facts are there in the Conservative Manifesto, 0 additional funding by 2023.

Better hope you don't have a disabled, autistic or child with learning difficulties because in three years the Tories will be spending that money on something more important, Voter ID.

Good move all who voted for that.

taio

Post by taio » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:28 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:22 am
The facts are there in the Conservative Manifesto, 0 additional funding by 2023.

Better hope you don't have a disabled, autistic or child with learning difficulties because in three years the Tories will be spending that money on something more important, Voter ID.

Good move all who voted for that.
You are writing complete bullshite and continuing to make yourself look a fool.

This is additional support over and above existing funding to transfer people with a learning disability and/or autism out of institutionalised long stay hospital settings into the community with relevant support.

This is being undertaken under a national programme called Transforming Care to improve people's quality of life and to protect them under safeguarding.

Vast sums of money are spent on supporting such individuals and rightly so.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:42 am

I read earlier that remainers did not recognise the mood of the country.
I have to take issue with this. I would even go so far as to say that it was because remainers did recognise the mood of the country that the Conservatives , led so well by Johnson , had such an overwhelming victory.
The big mistake many made was in not recognising that it was only a small number of extremist remainers who were causing all the unrest in the country. Justice was done on Thursday as they were soundly put in their place.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:12 am

taio wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:28 am
You are writing complete bullshite and continuing to make yourself look a fool.

This is additional support over and above existing funding to transfer people with a learning disability and/or autism out of institutionalised long stay hospital settings into the community with relevant support.

This is being undertaken under a national programme called Transforming Care to improve people's quality of life and to protect them under safeguarding.

Vast sums of money are spent on supporting such individuals and rightly so.
Not in 2023 they aren't.

No additional funding for disabled people, people with learning disabilities and people with autism. It's right there in the Tory costing, are you blind?

So there will be additional funding for three years then nothing, even though the population and therefore the number of disabled people will rise and you and the Tories will hang them out to dry in three years.

That must feel good, well done.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:38 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:22 am
Boris at this moment in time appears to be the only credible & trustworthy politician as demonstrated by recent events unfolded, ignoring any misgivings previously seems to be the favourable option, with labour & the lib Dems in apparent disarray it's a non entity entertaining any other thought process.
Even some who voted for him didn't think he was trustworthy.

taio

Post by taio » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:44 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:12 am
Not in 2023 they aren't.

No additional funding for disabled people, people with learning disabilities and people with autism. It's right there in the Tory costing, are you blind?

So there will be additional funding for three years then nothing, even though the population and therefore the number of disabled people will rise and you and the Tories will hang them out to dry in three years.

It is EXTRA transitional funding to pump prime the community services the people need in order that they can safely leave long stay hospitals. It's absolutely the right thing to be doing and NHS England and the Local Government (since Transforming Care is a joint programme) have requested from DHSC more funding on a temporary basis for this. Once that funding has been used existing budgets - again vast sums of money - will support people's ongoing needs in the community. Most of these people have very complex needs and supporting each person in an appropriate community setting often costs hundreds of thousands of pounds a year. If you had any understanding of the Winterbourne View abuse scandal you would appreciate what this is about...but you clearly have zero understanding. Absolutely zero.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:57 am

taio wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:44 am
It is EXTRA transitional funding to pump prime the community services the people need in order that they can safely leave long stay hospitals. It's absolutely the right thing to be doing and NHS England and the Local Government (since Transforming Care is a joint programme) have requested from DHSC more funding on a temporary basis for this. Once that funding has been used existing budgets - again vast sums of money - will support people's ongoing needs in the community. Most of these people have very complex needs and supporting each person in an appropriate community setting often costs hundreds of thousands of pounds a year. If you had any understanding of the Winterbourne View abuse scandal you would appreciate what this is about...but you clearly have zero understanding. Absolutely zero.
Didn't you notice notice how I keep writing "additional" before funding?

You clearly have no idea what "zero" means.

It's the additional funding that disbaled, autistic and people with learning difficulties will get in 2023.

And you voted for it, that must feel good, well done.

taio

Post by taio » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:04 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:57 am
Didn't you notice notice how I keep writing "additional" before funding?

You clearly have no idea what "zero" means.

It's the additional funding that disbaled, autistic and people with learning difficulties will get in 2023.

And you voted for it, that must feel good, well done.
Why do you oppose it so strongly then? I'll answer that. Because you have no idea what it's about. Yet you think it's a significant issue in the Tory manifesto on which you can criticise. But you are wrong because you don't have a clue what it is about and you don't understand the purpose of transitional funding. I'm not wasting any more time on you trying to explain as you clearly have no appetite to understand the issue, either because you want to save face or are thick. If you want to know do some reading - here is just one link but suggest you look at the easy read:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/learning-disabilities/care/

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:21 am

taio wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:04 am
Why do you oppose it so strongly then? I'll answer that. Because you have no idea what it's about. Yet you think it's a significant issue in the Tory manifesto on which you can crtisice. But you are wrong because you didn't have a clue what it was about and you don't understand the purpose of transitional funding. I'm not wasting any more time on you trying to explain as you clearly have no appetite to understand the issue, either because you want to save face or are thick.
Sigh, I've tried to explain it to you in simple terms but here we go again...

There will be ZERO additional funding for disabled people after 2022, it's RIGHT THERE IN THE COSTINGS...

The King’s Fund has already said that this extra funding “is not enough to meet rising demand for care while maintaining the current quality and accessibility of services”.

That means in 2023 - 2024 there will be NISH, NADA, NINGUNO, NOTHING, ZERO additional funding for disabled, autistic and people with learning disabilities.

And you callous, selfish idiots voted for it.

Here's hoping you don't ever have to justify your vote to a disabled person.

Must feel great, shitting on the most vulnerable in society, well done.

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:28 am

You still haven’t answered Damos question.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:33 am

Oh look, here's the Conservative govenrment continuously breaching the UN convention on rights for disabled people...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 00176.html

Obviously when we leave the EU there will also be less people available to work in caring for the disabled...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 05566.html

and here is the Conservative government refusing to explain whether it still follows its own previous policies...

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/g ... -strategy/

"The initial stage of Fulfilling Potential was first launched in December 2011, but there have been no updates or progress reports on the strategy on the government’s website since November 2015."

HUNG
OUT
TO
DRY

..and you voted for it. Well done.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:34 am

Hapag Lloyd wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:28 am
You still haven’t answered Damos question.
What question?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:34 am

Corky wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:38 am
Even some who voted for him didn't think he was trustworthy.
Trustworthy relatively in respect of the other candidates on show I meant, he commanded some degree of confidence to the electorate evidenced by the results.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:39 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:34 am
Trustworthy relatively in respect of the other candidates on show I meant, he commanded some degree of confidence to the electorate evidenced by the results.
The main thing he had going for him is that he wasn't Corbyn. Particularly in the North where Labour traditionally win, I'd say most people voted Tory due to their dislike of Corbyn, rather than actually wanting to vote Tory. Obviously Brexit was a big factor as well.

taio

Post by taio » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:44 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:21 am
Sigh, I've tried to explain it to you in simple terms but here we go again...

There will be ZERO additional funding for disabled people after 2022, it's RIGHT THERE IN THE COSTINGS...

The King’s Fund has already said that this extra funding “is not enough to meet rising demand for care while maintaining the current quality and accessibility of services”.

That means in 2023 - 2024 there will be NISH, NADA, NINGUNO, NOTHING, ZERO additional funding for disabled, autistic and people with learning disabilities.

And you callous, selfish idiots voted for it.

Here's hoping you don't ever have to justify your vote to a disabled person.

Must feel great, shitting on the most vulnerable in society, well done.
You now try to shift the conversation to social care generally.

I agree that successive governments have failed to address the problems with social care for over 20 years. And this government took austerity in relation to local governemnt too far and the main weakness in their manifesto was the lack of proposals on social care.

But you tried to highlight a specific point relating to extra money for Transforming Care, which of course is not about new demand but ensuring people can safely move out of long stay hospitals to improve their quality of life, and you have failed miserably.

Anyone with any sense would have tried to understand what it was about before shooting their mouth off.

Anyone with half a brain would have held their hands up once they were corrected by a few posters. They'd have acknowledged they had got it wrong, didn't understand the detail but have serious concerns about social care funding in general terms.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:44 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:39 am
The main thing he had going for him is that he wasn't Corbyn. Particularly in the North where Labour traditionally win, I'd say most people voted Tory due to their dislike of Corbyn, rather than actually wanting to vote Tory. Obviously Brexit was a big factor as well.
I can't disagree with that in the main, he represented the best of a bad bunch simply put & brexit was massive it didn't have a feel of a normal GE, for all intent & purposes it was a brexit election.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:46 am

Oh, this question...
Damo wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:40 am
How much are you personally contributing to social care in the uk pal?
Well, unless you are extremely rich then I contribute more than you, even though I live in Spain, through the slaes tax on the copies of my books sold in the UK.

Providing of course Amazon fulfills its obligation to remitt the state where taxes are collected.

I also support the social care system in many countries worldwide.

"If you are selling your book through Amazon, Amazon takes care of charging your customers sales tax and remitting sales tax to the state. So Amazon charges and collects sales tax in states where digital books are taxable."

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:49 am

taio wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:44 am
You now try to shift the conversation to social care generally.

I agree that successive governments have failed to address the problems with social care for over 20 years. And this government took austerity in relation to local governemnt too far and the main weakness in their manifesto was the lack of proposals on social care.

But you tried to highlight a specific point relating to extra money for Transforming Care, which of course is not about new demand but ensuring people can safely move out of long stay hospitals to improve their quality of life, and you have failed miserably.

Anyone with any sense would have tried to understand what it was about before shooting their mouth off.

Anyone with half a brain would have held their hands up once they were corrected by a few posters. They'd have acknowledged they had got it wrong, didn't understand the detail but have serious concerns about social care funding in general terms.
Are you mental or just stupid?

I haven't got anything wrong, here we go, simple question.

What is the amount of additional funding pledged by the Tory Party for disabled, autistic and people with learning disabilities in 2023 - 2024?
Here's a visual guide to help you along...

SPOILER - It's ZERO

and you voted for it, well done.

taio

Post by taio » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:50 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:33 am
Oh look, here's the Conservative govenrment continuously breaching the UN convention on rights for disabled people...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 00176.html

Obviously when we leave the EU there will also be less people available to work in caring for the disabled...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 05566.html

and here is the Conservative government refusing to explain whether it still follows its own previous policies...

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/g ... -strategy/

"The initial stage of Fulfilling Potential was first launched in December 2011, but there have been no updates or progress reports on the strategy on the government’s website since November 2015."

HUNG
OUT
TO
DRY

..and you voted for it. Well done.
Again you should have debated these points instead of thinking you were being smart about a very specific point you know nothing about. I haven't seen anybody else criticise the Tories for this additional transitional funding throughout the election. No doubt there will be an odd person on Twitter or similar that, like you, simply dont understand it yet decided foolishly use it to criticise the Tories. Stabbing in the dark in desperation.

taio

Post by taio » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:55 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:49 am

What is the amount of additional funding pledged by the Tory Party for disabled, autistic and people with learning disabilities in 2023 - 2024?

SPOILER - It's ZERO

FFS this is a specific non-recurring fund for a very specific purposes. It is completely separate to additional funding for the NHS and local authorities to fund people with health and care needs, including those learning disabilities and/or autism. A better argument would have been to say that health and social care generally needs more funding than what the Tories are proposing.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:57 am

Here's a really big version for you...

Again, what is the amount of additional funding pledged by the Tory Party for disabled, autistic and people with learning disabilities in 2023 - 2024?

taio

Post by taio » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:01 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:57 am
Here's a really big version for you...

Again, what is the amount of additional funding pledged by the Tory Party for disabled, autistic and people with learning disabilities in 2023 - 2024?
It's not zero you fool because the Tory Party has committed to significant additional funding for health and social care (not enough for the latter in my view). You do realise that people with learning disabilties and/or autism are major users of health and social care services, so the additional funding applies to them?

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:10 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:49 am

SPOILER - It's ZERO

My friends son has autism on the stronger end of the spectrum. He highlighted this funding cut in the build up and said but for that he would be voting Tory. I had concerns over minimum wage rise proposals and Corporation tax rises suggested by labour as well as wanting to see Brexit through . I explained I would be voting Tory to my good friend who's autistic son will be possibly affected by the cuts. We didn't argue name call or fall out , we gentlemanly agreed our votes would differ and respected each other's decision.

I know there have been harsh words and opinions from both sides but can we not all move forward respectful of the other sides views without childish insults being thrown back and forwards. Insults I am guilty of being dragged into sharing.

We know Brexit will happen, now let's take this opportunity to start discussing things like adults on both sides of the fence. I am willing to apologise to anyone I may have insulted or offended over the last week with regards the election and forgive anybody who has hurled insult toward myself. Let's draw the line and move forwards.
These 3 users liked this post: Damo randomclaret2 KateR

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:25 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:46 am
Oh, this question...

Well, unless you are extremely rich then I contribute more than you, even though I live in Spain, through the slaes tax on the copies of my books sold in the UK.

Providing of course Amazon fulfills its obligation to remitt the state where taxes are collected.
Which it doesn’t, so you don’t.
This user liked this post: Damo

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:18 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:47 pm
Hey Mr Nasty!

Being on the winning side of a democratic vote!

You wouldn't know the meaning!!

:lol: :lol:

Also , it clearly hasn't occured to you that 1, I dont need your blessing for how long or otherwise I spend on here. And 2. There are other posters who spend far far more time on here than me!

Its just that my posts clearly irk you, and you're apportioning a disproportionate weighting to them.

Which is kind of reassuring in a guilty pleasure way!

A win , win, if ever there was one!

:lol: :lol:
Aaah Mr Nasty - that really hurts
Maybe I should do that multiple emoji / big bold letters stuff you love so much to show you how much I don’t care.

Why would you think your posts really irk me ? Full of your own self importance / ego. I’ve hardly posted on any of the political threads whereas you have posted thousands of times. You say you don’t spend as much times as other people on here - who would that be exactly ? I don’t know of anyone who spends so much time digging out old quotes and constantly repeating the same old sh-ite.

And the saddest thing of all is that this is your life.
The party I voted might have lost the election but it has very little if no impact on my life. The party you voted for has won and again it has very little impact on your life - which is just the same sad existence of posting on this board.
And the fact that you choose to do this rather than spend time with your family is definitely a LOSE LOSE

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:36 am

dsr wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:43 am
....You knew it wasn't true. Why lie about it, when the election is over and your lies can do you no good?
I can’t help but think that this is a bit more revealing about the way you operate than you intended it to be.

Not “why lie?”, but “why lie when you don’t stand to benefit from your lies?”

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:43 am

Well put, TV.
The nutjobs on here obsessed not so much with politics as desperately needing to score points and to have the upper hand over others have shown the weakness and emptiness of their lives and, as you point out in Ringo's case, to the clear detriment of family life. Last night provided further proof of his inadequacy in that respect.
These idiots can't get it into their head that some of us don't have to care one way or another what happens, life will carry on regardless.
Tell 'em that, though, and you're blustering or showing off. I don't mind them revelling in what they see as their victory, if that's what gives their lives some meaning, fair enough. Good luck to them.
I do find it odd, though, that as they rejoice, they expect, demand, that I be as equally upset or dismayed. Making a killing at the result merely compounded their frustration even further.
I know what I'm doing and where I'm going over the next few weeks, months and, hopefully, years and it's certainly not dependent upon anything our new government do or don't do or, indeed, what a few posters on a football forum might have to say.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:44 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:46 am
Oh, this question...

I also support the social care system in many countries worldwide.

"If you are selling your book through Amazon, Amazon takes care of charging your customers sales tax and remitting sales tax to the state. So Amazon charges and collects sales tax in states where digital books are taxable."
If your only contribution's are via amazon, then you dont contribute anything I'm sorry to say.
That doesn't detract from your point though. But have the government actually said they wont be paying anything towards helping people with learning difficulties? Or have they just not decided how much funding will go in that direction, or have they possibly decided they will fund it a different way?

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:47 am

And there's the icing on the cake; Bercow won't be getting a peerage. Fantastic because that was the main reason the self-important, malignant t0sser took the job. Boris gets his revenge over Bercow blocking Brexit. Serrrrweeet.

aggi
Been Liked: 2114 times

Post by aggi » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:55 am

Hapag Lloyd wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:25 am
Which it doesn’t, so you don’t.
They do nowadays (although largely due to the EU from what I remember). Although there is no sales tax on physical books, only ebooks.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:55 am

BennyD wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:47 am
And there's the icing on the cake; Bercow won't be getting a peerage. Fantastic because that was the main reason the self-important, malignant t0sser took the job. Boris gets his revenge over Bercow blocking Brexit. Serrrrweeet.
Bercow was a disgrace throughout the process I agree. But I would not revel too much in Boris getting a bit of revenge as his past dodgy business dealings are evidence that he will be dishing out peerages to his mates like they are confetti.
The fact that we give out peerages to anyone in this day and age when the hypocritical buffoon has spent the last few years banging on about the importance of democracy shows just how f-ucked up the whole of our political system is.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:03 am

Damo wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:46 pm
Ignoring the bit of your post that I didnt quote, this paragraph could quite easily be about Johnson and the tories, and the "Death of the NHS" nonsense.
The privatisation level of the NHS is currently 7%.
Exactly the same level the last Labour government built it up to.
There was bullsh*t from both sides. You would be much more enlightened if you could open your eyes wide enough to see all of it
There is no parity whatsoever between the questions raised against the Tories and Johnson during the election, and the attacks made against Corbyn during the entirety of his leadership. You wont find a single article in any of the right wing red tops in which Corbyn is spoken of positively or his policies described honestly. No equivalence at all. When the next Labour leader is elected, we’ll see the attacks begin again. Looking at today’s Mail headline describing Johnson’s “Christmas message of healing” - “We did it” - Pravda would be proud.

Damo

Post by Damo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:16 am

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:03 am
There is no parity whatsoever between the questions raised against the Tories and Johnson during the election, and the attacks made against Corbyn during the entirety of his leadership. You wont find a single article in any of the right wing red tops in which Corbyn is spoken of positively or his policies described honestly. No equivalence at all. When the next Labour leader is elected, we’ll see the attacks begin again. Looking at today’s Mail headline describing Johnson’s “Christmas message of healing” - “We did it” - Pravda would be proud.
I dont read the red tops, but had they been as vitriolic and and dishonest as the stuff the labour activists were posting on social media, then I'm sure they would be held accountable in court

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:42 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 pm
You're a lost Lamb Andrew. I'm sure you mean well and want to help the less fortunate, but your judgement on economics, is as flawed as your judgement of Corbyn.
Austerity is no more than consequence of trying to live within a budget, or more importantly, living within your means. The Tories have been reducing the massive deficit they inherited from Labour, at the last change of Government. Corbyn could have undone all that work in 12 months.
It might sound nice to promise one thing after another, to all and sundry, but if the figures don't add up, and Labours were worked out on the back of a fag packet by Dianne Abbott when you think how outrageous they were.
Paying more taxes to help others is fine.
Bleeding the rich is self defeating. Belts get tightened. Investment drops, factories close, jobs are lost. Less income, more outgoings. It doesn't help the less fortunate to make even more people poor.
Look at what you’ve written. Even with historically low taxes we’ve had virtually no economic growth, and little investment. The money the government has foregone in revenue isn’t being reinvested. Money the government has saved by cutting spending on social services is having to be spent on justice and healthcare, to resolve the issues caused by the cuts to social services. Even Johnson said austerity was a mistake, yet you defend it still. Government investment can create the conditions in which private investment is encouraged.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:51 am

Videos of him supporting terrorists? Post them then. I had thought that with him resigning soon some of you might have owned up to using anything at all to discredit him, but you appear to have swallowed when taking a draught of the coolaid.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:53 pm

McDonnell to leave shadow cabinet but tips Burdon as a future leader. 😀😀😀😀😀😀

http://news.sky.com/story/general-elect ... s-11886209

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:14 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:53 pm
McDonnell to leave shadow cabinet but tips Burdon as a future leader. 😀😀😀😀😀😀

http://news.sky.com/story/general-elect ... s-11886209
Burdon another Momentum clone :shock: Labour the gift that keeps giving :lol:

This is a good viewpoint from Blair's former advisor.

Political strategist John McTernan, who was former Labour leader Tony Blair's political secretary, says the party needs to put ideals aside and vote tactically when the time comes to pick a new Labour leader.

"The membership have to ask themselves: Do they see the world in left, right - and therefore we've got to choose a left leader, even though we've gone to the left for the last three elections and we've lost every time.

"Or do we see the world in which we need a Labour government and therefore the test is not of the leader, are you left are you right? or do I like you? The test is: Could you win a general election?"

He says Jess Phillips would be the best candidate, as she's not been associated with Jeremy Corbyn nor the leadership of his predecessor, Ed Miliband.

"They've had their time and they've lost," he says.

"It needs to be a new voice, a new face with new ideas because we will need a lot of ideas in post-Brexit Britain."

I note Johnson visited Sedgefield to unveil his new North-East MP'S,i''m sure the fact that was Tony Blair's former seat is purely a coincidence, ;)

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:29 pm

I dont care if they've been associated to Corbyn (I like his policies) or have a link to Momentum but of all the Labour MPs ive seen on the political TV programs Burgon was the one I found the least likeable and engaging. I hope to god he gets nowhere near taking over the party

Id rather we have a credible 3 party system with a proper centrist party than see Labour move back to being watered down Tories.

It might not be the policies that the majority of the public want but so what.The left need a voice and politics should be about policies, beliefs and principles and not changing like a chameleon to try and be more popular and win votes

Damo

Post by Damo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:36 pm

Burgon looks like hes running for deputy, and giving his support to Rebecca Long-Baily as leader

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1039 times

Post by Clarets4me » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:58 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:03 am
The " attacks " of the press appear to be quite mild compared to what many in the Labour party are saying about him this weekend ... ;)

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Clarets4me wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:58 pm
The " attacks " of the press appear to be quite mild compared to what many in the Labour party are saying about him this weekend ... ;)
Here's a taste of what some Labour MP'S really think of their leader.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern- ... -50793105

Peter Kyle MP

@peterkyle

Tom Watson has gone, Jeremy is going, and Len needs to follow suit.

The generation who waged a bitterly partisan, ideological, and often person war for decades need to move on.

New people, new ideas, and a fresh approach to running all parts of the Labour movement is needed

Peter Kyle MP

@peterkyle

Let's look forward and root our thinking in the challenges ahead based on the realities of a 21st Century economy.

We need people to fit that purpose, not people in search of purpose.

The future is exciting and those holding us back must now let go so we can explore it

Wes Streeting MP

Verified account

@wesstreeting

Day two and I still feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. This was our worst election defeat since 1935. This is a time to tell the truth. This was a crushing defeat for Corbynism and people who desperately needed a Labour Government will be paying a heavy price for it >>>

They are bang on the money,Labour are fighting the battles of the 1970's/1980's,time and politics move on,even the old mining areas are changing, and if Labour don't adapt to a modern economic climate then they'll be consigned to the history books.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:26 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:59 pm
So let me get this straight.

You actually took the time to register on a Bolton Wanderers football message board. Not ONCE but TWICE. To create 2 seperate accounts.

Youre actually admitting it!

You admit that it's not difficult to parody somebody. You dont explain why anybody rational would want to! And you dont explain why I would want to. Despite that you believe that "we all do it!"

I don't know what anybody would get out of setting up a parody account on a message board. Genuinely. But its crystal clear from your confession, YOU DO!!

I’ve always said that eversheddyeddie is a complete ****, and every post he makes these days just proves the point. The fact that he was a teacher shows why today’s education system is very, very broken. If he was as intelligent as he thinks, he would have f*cked off years ago.

And then you claim I gave some "serious psychological weakness"

Hoist by your own petard springs to mind Edward.

I'll let others decide.....

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:27 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:

You actually took the time to register on a Bolton Wanderers football message board. Not ONCE but TWICE. To create 2 seperate accounts.

You admit that it's not difficult to parody somebody. You dont explain why anybody rational would want to! And you dont explain why I would want to. Despite that you believe that "we all do it!"

I don't know what anybody would get out of setting up a parody account on a message board. Genuinely. But its crystal clear from your confession, YOU DO!!

I’ve always said that eversheddyeddie is a complete ****, and every post he makes these days just proves the point. The fact that he was a teacher shows why today’s education system is very, very broken. If he was as intelligent as he thinks, he would have f*cked off years ago.

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:29 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:

BennyD

Post by BennyD » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:12 am
Not in 2023 they aren't.

You can’t please all of the people all of the time. What’s your point? Of all the things on that list there is one that doesn’t suit. Please, f*ck off.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney