General Election Is On

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3078 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Re: General Election Is On

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:40 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:42 am
Look at what you’ve written. Even with historically low taxes we’ve had virtually no economic growth, and little investment. The money the government has foregone in revenue isn’t being reinvested. Money the government has saved by cutting spending on social services is having to be spent on justice and healthcare, to resolve the issues caused by the cuts to social services. Even Johnson said austerity was a mistake, yet you defend it still. Government investment can create the conditions in which private investment is encouraged.
The money hasnt been reinvested because its been getting rid of the deficit , or reducing it to something manageable.
They say that now its better they can afgord to invest in New hospitals, more nurses more police. We'll see if they are true to their word. The main point is you cant spend what you dont have.
If Labour could learn to run a budget, they might one day be able to help the people in need. As for defending austerity I don't like it but I also believe its a necessary evil. It wouldnt be necessary if the country was run better.

The best way to help is investing in jobs, more people contributing to the treasury coffers, less taking out. There are more people in work, more jobs, and fewer people out of work than ever. Its not an accident. The Tories encourage growth with softer taxes than you'd like for those at the top. You and a lot of others think its unfair, but the truth is it works. I think people can pay more tax, including me but when the Left wing propose punitive taxes it's self defeating. It doesn't help those at the bottom, it just punishes those at the top.

dsr
Been Liked: 4571 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:57 am
Here's a really big version for you...

Again, what is the amount of additional funding pledged by the Tory Party for disabled, autistic and people with learning disabilities in 2023 - 2024?
Would it help to put it in a table?

Amounts to be paid into the Learning, Disability and Autism fund:

2020-21 Tories £24 million
2020-21 Labour Nothing.

2021-22 Tories £25 million
2021-22 Labour Nothing.

2022-23 Tories £25 million
2022-23 Labour Nothing.

2023-24 Tories Nothing
2023-24 Labour Nothing.

Total Tories £74 million
Total Labour Nothing.

The additional amount pledged by the Tory party for this specific fund is £74m. Obviously they could not have this fund at all which would not only save the country £74m, but would also make you very very happy because you clearly prefer them to spend nothing on autism each year rather than run a three year programme.

I bet if you were a beggar in the town centre and someone gave you £1,000 one day and next day waled past and gave you nothing, you would be calling him out something rotten. After all, he would have cut your funding by £1,000.

The Labour party wants to give NOTHING to the Learning, Disability and Autism Fund. They don't even want to have this fund. The Tories want to give it £74m. Why is it better to give NOTHING than to give £74m?

claret10
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by claret10 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:11 pm

Only fact I am interested in:

Burnley FC win percentage with a Tory MP this century: 100%
These 2 users liked this post: KateR Colburn_Claret

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1641 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:01 pm

There are a lot of people linking the Tories with austerity but I would say that choice is a leadership one not a general party ideology.

Recent Tory PMs have been the son of a builder, the daughter of a grocer, the son of a gardening company owner, the daughter of a vicar, then finally the son of an environmentalist and author. Generally parents who would profess to understand ordinary people.

The one I missed out was the son of a stockbroker. I suspect that is the clue. He never understood, and arguably never cared.

I know Thatcher in particular gets a bad press but those were different circumstances not to do with austerity. Austerity from 2010 was all about Cameron’s choice. I suspect Johnson is very different. Expect money to be piled in way beyond what the manifesto says (but not to silly levels obviously).

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:24 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:01 pm
I know Thatcher in particular gets a bad press but those were different circumstances not to do with austerity. Austerity from 2010 was all about Cameron’s choice. I suspect Johnson is very different. Expect money to be piled in way beyond what the manifesto says (but not to silly levels obviously).
I think that's a fair comment and I hope you're right, though the only point with which I'd contend is Johnson being inherently more inclined to adequately fund public services and provide infrastructure investment. He's a machiavellian opportunist of the highest order. I don't mean that as a criticism of the man, I see it as a plain and obvious reality about him. Due to his 'borrowed' votes he has a situational obligation to invest in the north in particular, but that isn't to say he wouldn't have made the same political choices as Cameron did back in 2010 were he then PM. Deficit reduction is a perfectly sensible and noble leadership goal, however the means by which that is achieved is a political choice. Appropriating the word 'austerity' as Cameron and Osborne did, a word commonly associated with asceticism and virtue and such, and using it to rebrand a basic, old fashioned reduction of the state - something which is in the DNA of the Tories - was, as you say, a political choice. There are other ways of reducing a budget deficit; not giving tax cuts to people who are absolutely loaded, for instance, and not shrinking the public sector to such an extent that like a macroeconomic anchor it acts as a drag on the economy with growth practically grinding to a halt. But that narrative has played out. All the misery and hurt, the frigid cold death of the homeless in the streets in winter, and the indignity and suicide of the most desperate in the country was, it was unflinchingly decided by the electorate, acceptable. Worth it. Considered essential. (Somehow). Like a bruised partner in an abusive relationship, fleeting, politically expedient benevolence will be rewarded again and again. I just hope you're right about that benevolence because the north, especially in and around the estates I live in and grew up in, is a God damn wasteland in need of resuscitation compared with other parts of Europe.

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:57 pm

Spiral
Good post I think overall. BJ and this government are not the same as the 70’s 80’s nor the same as the since 2010; therefore for me it’s a let’s wait and see as we move forward, will they be perfect, no of course not but I hope they get the majority right. Plus I agree they do need to reward the country as a whole but the North in particular, they will I hope recognize they were given a present and the chances they will not get the same present next time around unless they change the hearts and minds during the next 5 years +.

I believe austerity was ending at the end of TM’s short reign and am really hopeful for the future, where we would differ is that I always believe when people who are willing to take risks, start businesses, provide the ordinary working people with jobs, that rewarding them even a little helps them to do more. This promotes stimulates the economy, results in more open positions and can translate in a trickle down effect where more disposable income is put back into the economy. Just my thoughts

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:19 am

Spiral wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:24 pm
I think that's a fair comment and I hope you're right, though the only point with which I'd contend is Johnson being inherently more inclined to adequately fund public services and provide infrastructure investment. He's a machiavellian opportunist of the highest order. I don't mean that as a criticism of the man, I see it as a plain and obvious reality about him. Due to his 'borrowed' votes he has a situational obligation to invest in the north in particular, but that isn't to say he wouldn't have made the same political choices as Cameron did back in 2010 were he then PM. Deficit reduction is a perfectly sensible and noble leadership goal, however the means by which that is achieved is a political choice. Appropriating the word 'austerity' as Cameron and Osborne did, a word commonly associated with asceticism and virtue and such, and using it to rebrand a basic, old fashioned reduction of the state - something which is in the DNA of the Tories - was, as you say, a political choice. There are other ways of reducing a budget deficit; not giving tax cuts to people who are absolutely loaded, for instance, and not shrinking the public sector to such an extent that like a macroeconomic anchor it acts as a drag on the economy with growth practically grinding to a halt. But that narrative has played out. All the misery and hurt, the frigid cold death of the homeless in the streets in winter, and the indignity and suicide of the most desperate in the country was, it was unflinchingly decided by the electorate, acceptable. Worth it. Considered essential. (Somehow). Like a bruised partner in an abusive relationship, fleeting, politically expedient benevolence will be rewarded again and again. I just hope you're right about that benevolence because the north, especially in and around the estates I live in and grew up in, is a God damn wasteland in need of resuscitation compared with other parts of Europe.
I agree with the sentiments and I agree (as will Johnson) that Johnson has to earn the right to be trusted.

He can be both machiavellian and caring, the two are not incompatible. I have written this before but I suspect he supports the underdog from the days when he won a scholarship at Eton and got bullied by the aristocratic kids. He is obviously wealthy, but was poor compared to them.

Most people who believe in balancing the books would agree that the Cameron government had to address the financial black hole they inherited. But he could have done that in many ways, the way he did it rightfully toxified the Tory party again. I feel confident Johnson is different. We have five years to find out.
These 3 users liked this post: KateR Spiral Colburn_Claret

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:44 am

Lady Nugee doubles down on her racist, white van man stance...

Emily Thornberry told a Labour MP in a pro-Leave seat: "I’m glad my constituents aren’t as stupid as yours," Caroline Flint reveals

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:57 am

claretandy wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:44 am
Lady Nugee doubles down on her racist, white van man stance...

Emily Thornberry told a Labour MP in a pro-Leave seat: "I’m glad my constituents aren’t as stupid as yours," Caroline Flint reveals
Despise Thornberry. Labour needed politicians like Flint. They will need people like Nandy now. Corbyn, McDonnell and their cronies including key advocates of the Momentum 'cult' were a disaster. When respected people like Alan Johnson say things such as those at the link below I worry about the state of the opposition. I'm no Labour supporter but recognise the need for strong opposition.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/vi ... left-video
These 2 users liked this post: claretandy tiger76

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:49 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:30 am
The idea of Theresa May's that she could keep bringing the same, unchanged deal back to Parliament until it was wearily waved through as she ran down the clock was pretty stupid and John Bercow was right to block her from doing it.

I don't know, it's almost as if the intelligent are fixing the mistake of the stupid somehow.

Funny that.
Not half as funny as you now sound!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:49 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:47 am
May was undone by the factions in her party, the next leader will also suffer the same fate, especially one who tries to tout the impossible no-deal scenario.

It'll end up being a general election on which Labour will campaign for a Brexit deal with a customs union and a people's vote with an option to remain.

They'll win, remain will win the people's vote and Brexit will be scrapped, as it was always going to be.

The intelligent, fixing the mistakes of the stupid. Now and forever.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave the predictions to me!

I , intelligently, voted conservative and fixed the brexit blocking mistakes of the stupid , like you!!!

Hoist by your own petard!!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:50 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:45 am
The further away it gets the closer they think it is.

As I’ve also said repeatedly, the intelligent will fix the mistakes of the stupid. As they have done throughout history.

The tactic of appointing someone stupid to fight the intelligent then, when they lose, replacing them with someone even stupider is STUPID but please, keep it up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The intelligent - Boris Johnson

The stupid - Ed Miliband

Someone "even stupider" - Jeremy Corbyn

The intelligent- Those who voted and broke "The Red Wall"

THE MOST STUPID - Claret On A Trex

Loser

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:51 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
There are a lot of people linking the Tories with austerity but I would say that choice is a leadership one not a general party ideology.

Recent Tory PMs have been the son of a builder, the daughter of a grocer, the son of a gardening company owner, the daughter of a vicar, then finally the son of an environmentalist and author. Generally parents who would profess to understand ordinary people.

The one I missed out was the son of a stockbroker. I suspect that is the clue. He never understood, and arguably never cared.

I think what Spiral wrote on this is very accurate, in that austerity was used to advance the shrinkage of the state in a purely ideological move. I certainly share your hope that Johnson will pull back from austerity, but unfortunately they made no commitments in their manifesto to do so, apart from replacing some of the lost police officers, and spending more on the NHS. The bedroom tax - which has been a particularly vile thing in my area of London, either trapping people already quite poor with even less money, or forcing them to move often quite far in order to get accommodation that doesn't leave them exposed to it - is staying. They're ending the freeze on benefits, but there's no commitment to increased funding of councils or youth centres, or surestart, or of money explicitly set aside for the north east or north west. As you say, we shall see, but the Tories won't be breaking any manifesto promises by continuing with austerity.

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:06 pm

Ringo, I've asked you the same question twice recently and you've obviously read it but you have chosen not to answer it. Why?

I'll give you another chance. Despite winning the most seats, the vote split shows that less than 44% of the country wanted a Tory government and that 56% of the country did not want a Tory government.

Conservative Party Share 43.6% Votes 13,966,565 Seats 365

Labour Party Share 32.2% Votes 10,295,607 Seats 203

Liberal Democrats Share 11.6% Votes 3,696,423 Seats 11

Scottish National Party Share 3.9% Votes 1,242,372 Seats 48

Source: PA Media via dpa-infocom.

What stands out is that the Lib Dems polled three times as many votes as the SNP but only won 11 seats compared to the SNP's 48.

Given your democratic credentials would you agree that the make up of parliament does not represent the views of the British people and that our electoral system is in need of reform?

Would be interested to hear what all the other Brexiteers on here think as well.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:32 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:24 pm
Probably worth reminding yourself of what you have called anyone who decided we might be better off remaining in the EU before you accuse anyone of not being tolerant of others' opinions.

People voted leave. They wanted their vote to be implemented.

People voted remain. Many many of them accepted the result, respected democracy, and believed the result should be implemented.

There was a miniroty of hardcore rump of noisy, democracy denying remain voters who simply didn't and couldn't accept the result. In parliament, on tv , radio and on this messageboard they did everything in their power to frustrate, undermine, block and try to stop the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed.

They were Remoaners.

They and you refused to accept a simple fact.

DEMOCRACY- IT MEANS SOMETIMES YOU LOSE

You're going to have to do now!!!!!

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Hasn’t Corbyn gone yet?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:41 pm

BennyD wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:29 pm
I’ve always said that eversheddyeddie is a complete ****, and every post he makes these days just proves the point. The fact that he was a teacher shows why today’s education system is very, very broken. If he was as intelligent as he thinks, he would have f*cked off years ago.
This is a former teacher, boasting of registering on another teams message board and indulging in "Verbal Guerilla warfare!!!!!"

Unhinged Eddie Unsteady Eddie, call him what you like. But this is weird behaviour to say the least Benny.

evensteadiereddie wrote:

I did it a few years ago on a Bolton Wanderers boardOne account being the hostile, gleeful Burnley fan, the other a long-suffering Trotters fan with patience sadly running out.
evensteadiereddie wrote:

what I was doing on the Trotters board. Both my accounts, successful in different ways, were brilliant wind-up jobs although the inevitable bans did make life a tad difficult at times
[/b][/size][/quote]
evensteadiereddie wrote:It was, to be fair, pretty interesting to see how you could manipulate others' thinking. Nothing "split personality" about that, chap, far from it - two uses of different persona. That's why I did it
[/b][/size][/quote]

evensteadiereddie wrote:i Was happy to spend time on the Bolton board engaged in guerilla verbal warfare
evensteadiereddie wrote:I ran one account as a legit BFC fan enjoying the er, banter with some of their lads. Occasionally it went too far and one lad, Mallorca Trotter, bless him, had my BFC fan account shut. No problem - new user name, tone it all down a bit and off we went. The other account, never questioned, was a ****-take from start to finish, posting stuff just to see how gullible some of those fools were.
"Verbal Guerilla warfare "

Oh dear
This user liked this post: BennyD

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:59 pm

Tory minister Nicky Morgan said the new nurses wont be in place before the 2024 election & reaching the total of 50,000 new may take 10 years or more

She also did not say how they will stop 19,000 nurses leaving who they promised to retain.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:00 pm

BBC News: Switching broadband provider could save £120.

Switching governments would have saved more.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:02 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:59 pm
Tory minister Nicky Morgan said the new nurses wont be in place before the 2024 election & reaching the total of 50,000 new may take 10 years or more

She also did not say how they will stop 19,000 nurses leaving who they promised to retain.
But we all surely knew this was never going to happen - just as the new police won't happen in the next 5 years.

Nothing that BoJo promised, other than Brexit, which comes with high risks, will happen in the next 5 years. Other than the NHS being in a worse situation than it is now.

aggi
Been Liked: 2114 times

Post by aggi » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:02 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
I suspect Johnson is very different. Expect money to be piled in way beyond what the manifesto says (but not to silly levels obviously).
The problem with Johnson is, unlike a lot of other potential PMs, he has a track record in leadership to look back on. Unfortunately that track record includes a hell of a lot of broken promises and commitments that he didn't see through.

Maybe he's changed and this leadership will be different but it's difficult not to look on him with suspicion.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:06 pm
Ringo, I've asked you the same question twice recently and you've obviously read it but you have chosen not to answer it. Why?

I'll give you another chance. Despite winning the most seats, the vote split shows that less than 44% of the country wanted a Tory government and that 56% of the country did not want a Tory government.

What stands out is that the Lib Dems polled three times as many votes as the SNP but only won 11 seats compared to the SNP's 48.

Given your democratic credentials would you agree that the make up of parliament does not represent the views of the British people and that our electoral system is in need of reform?

Would be interested to hear what all the other Brexiteers on here think as well.
Leave won the referendum. A full on leave party won the Euro elections. A hard leave party won the GE.

So that's a referendum, a PR election and a FPTP election - all won by leave. We are leaving. Whatever comes out of the ashes of the Labour Party, this reality has to be unquestionably accepted.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:17 pm

aggi wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:27 pm
If you're taking that view then why bother leaving?
Jesus Christ aggi!

You've............lost.......... the .........arguement!

It cant be doing you any good!

As a fellow claret, I want you still be able to leave your metropolitan London bubble and grace us with your presence.

Attending home games, will mean you're amongst people who are on the winning side of the brexit arguement will make a really refreshing change for !!

So it's time to let it go aggi. Let your blood pressure go back to healthy, pre referendum, levels. Accept that , for all your heartfelt devotion to the cult of the church of the brussels Brotherhood. For all your misguided evangelical EU nationalist zealot ramblings over the last 3 and a half years.

We are leaving the European Union.!!!!!!!!

I've won the arguement.

You've lost the arguement.

Hopefully, you can accept that, move on, healthy in mind and body and regularly join us at The Turf. A Turf in a referendum winning, general election winning, conservative voting Burnley!! A Burnley no longer in the European union ! Sounds great doesn't it aggi! :D

So, I look forward to knowing you'll be amongst us, renewed and refreshed. Your voice amongst your claret and blue brothers , without the spectre of still clinging on to the idea that we can still stay in the EU, clouding your thoughts!!

Throw off the shackles of your previous EU faith. We, the claret and blue brexit loving brotherhood welcome you with big, wide open arms! We're a broad church. Welcoming winners and losers, like you, and treating you as equals!

THE CLARET AND BLUE BREXITEERS

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité and Burnalé"

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:21 pm

If it be your will wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:03 pm
Leave won the referendum. A full on leave party won the Euro elections. A hard leave party won the GE.

So that's a referendum, a PR election and a FPTP election - all won by leave. We are leaving. Whatever comes out of the ashes of the Labour Party, this reality has to be unquestionably accepted.

This

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Cryssys wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:06 pm

See above.

Democracy cleansed most of the dark brazen, forces against democracy.

Grieve, Soubrey, Swinson, Umuna, Smith, Letwin. Wollaston

Democracy will also silence the even darker , unelected forces against democracy- Heseltine, Blair, Miller, Adonis, Campbell, Femi Oluwelu

When I say democracy, what I probably really mean is The People. Like all good brexiteers I trust the wisdom of the vast majority of voters. The British people arent hung up on left or right. They do , however know the difference in right and wrong.

I repeatedly said that voting labour in places like Burnley was trans generational and habitual.

But if labour, the political class , the establishment and the dwellers of the metropolitan London borough of Ivory Towers were hell bent on betraying and thwarting democracy. Then trust in democracy itself would be shattered.

I said it time after time after time.

I've been proven absolutely bang on the money.

The "stigma" of voting tory , for millions, was less concerning, than ensuring that "Brexit got done"

Now that "stigma" has gone, if Boris plays his cards right (if) the former labour heartlands voters will no longer feel that inertia they traditionally used to suffer from.

I remember pointing out that EU money that came to Burnley as part of the regional Development Fund was, as a net contributor to the EU, just our own taxes returning to us.

Lancasterclaret mocked the idea and saying "christ on a bike Ringo it's not as simple as that!"

I posted Treasury and Full Fact evidence that proved I was right. Saying once we leave that money can still be sent to Burnley by electing a government that will do it.

With a sneer that only, his eminence , Lancasterclaret can do , he replied, " good luck getting a tory government to spend money on the north in places like Burnley!"

What have we heard since Thursday!!!!!!?????

Boris will have to spend big, on the forner Red Wall of northern constituencies like Burnley!!

Mystic McCartney proven right , not for the first time.

I've had dogs abuse, mocking, sneering, and no end of laughing at for the past 3 and half years.

Well, you're not laughing now, are you!?
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:23 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:32 pm
People voted leave. They wanted their vote to be implemented.

People voted remain. Many many of them accepted the result, respected democracy, and believed the result should be implemented.

There was a miniroty of hardcore rump of noisy, democracy denying remain voters who simply didn't and couldn't accept the result. In parliament, on tv , radio and on this messageboard they did everything in their power to frustrate, undermine, block and try to stop the largest single expression of democracy this nation has ever witnessed.

They were Remoaners.

They and you refused to accept a simple fact.

DEMOCRACY- IT MEANS SOMETIMES YOU LOSE

You're going to have to do now!!!!!

Come off it Ringo, you have refused to engage sensibly any opinion against Brexit, however sound or well-informed it may have been. You simply labelled anyone who questioned the wisdom of leaving the EU with descriptions like "evangelical Europhile zealots".

And then on Friday you started pouring your heart out about what you describe as the "dog's abuse" you have received and the mistaken belief that this was simply because you had a different opinion.

Who would have thought that after all these years it turns out that you're just a big, melty snowflake.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:29 pm

Genuine question IIBYW. Why in 2018 did you go back to your posts and views from 2017 and remove them all? Changing your mind and views is fine but not standing by your own comments seems a bit odd to me.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Who would have thought that someone who spends his life on this board banging on about winning the ARGUMENT and everybody else losing the ARGUMENT cannot even spell the word.
Absolutely thick as mince.
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:35 pm

I don't think you'll have anyone disputing this, and also that Johnson has a carte blanche to do what he likes over the next five years. I don't think this invalidates people from expressing opinions on how things are going forward. Politics doesn't just happen during elections.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:44 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:31 pm
Who would have thought that someone who spends his life on this board banging on about winning the ARGUMENT and everybody else losing the ARGUMENT cannot even spell the word.
Absolutely thick as mince.
Reduced to highlighting spelling mistakes! :lol:

A little bit of, undeserved , friendly advice. Take it or leave it.

You asked me what my day was going to be like. I mentioned my young son. Once.

Since then, you've chosen to try and build some sort of twisted and bizarre story about me.

If you really want to avoid sounding like some dangerous fantasist, who, since he's lost the arguement , and has nowhere to go , only to , stalker- like, obsess about how much time some one spends with his family (despite not knowing jack sh1t about them!)

Given your unhealthy interest in how much time I spend on here. Indulge yourself a little more by making a note of the times I tend to post. The vast vast majority are during the working day and late at night, past kids bedtimes.

I'll let you do the maths.

Hopefully you're intellectually savvy enough to wind your neck in and bring to a, belated, end to you sounding like another messageboard Walter Mitty. The board doesn't need another one. We've already have to suffer in inane ramblings of Unhinged,unsteadyEddie .

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:47 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:18 am
Aaah Mr Nasty - that really hurts
Maybe I should do that multiple emoji / big bold letters stuff you love so much to show you how much I don’t care.

Why would you think your posts really irk me ? Full of your own self importance / ego. I’ve hardly posted on any of the political threads whereas you have posted thousands of times. You say you don’t spend as much times as other people on here - who would that be exactly ? I don’t know of anyone who spends so much time digging out old quotes and constantly repeating the same old sh-ite.

And the saddest thing of all is that this is your life.
The party I voted might have lost the election but it has very little if no impact on my life. The party you voted for has won and again it has very little impact on your life - which is just the same sad existence of posting on this board.
And the fact that you choose to do this rather than spend time with your family is definitely a LOSE LOSE

Since then, you've chosen to try and build some sort of twisted and bizarre story about me.

If you really want to avoid sounding like some dangerous fantasist, who, since he's lost the arguement , and has nowhere to go , only to , stalker- like, obsess about how much time some one spends with his family (despite not knowing jack sh1t about them!)

Given your unhealthy interest in how much time I spend on here. Indulge yourself a little more by making a note of the times I tend to post. The vast vast majority are during the working day and late at night, past kids bedtimes.

Hopefully you're intellectually savvy enough to wind your neck in and bring to a, belated, end to you sounding like another messageboard Walter Mitty. The board doesn't need another one. We've already have to suffer in inane ramblings of Unhinged,unsteadyEddie .

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:51 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:47 pm

If I was a nut job like you I’d go back on all your thousands of posts in the last 3 years and add up all the ones you posted during working hours - but I’m not so I’ll just carry on laughing at you spending your weekend posting on this message board instead of spending time with your family.
Now please f-uck off you absolute fruit loop.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:07 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:23 pm
Come off it Ringo, you have refused to engage sensibly any opinion against Brexit, however sound or well-informed it may have been. You simply labelled anyone who questioned the wisdom of leaving the EU with descriptions like "evangelical Europhile zealots".

And then on Friday you started pouring your heart out about what you describe as the "dog's abuse" you have received and the mistaken belief that this was simply because you had a different opinion.

Who would have thought that after all these years it turns out that you're just a big, melty snowflake.
When I first joined this messageboard after Claretsmad I , for a good couple of years , engaged with other posters, assuming fellow clarets would be fair, basically. Eventually I realised it was absolutely pointless. I watched others get exactly the same treatment. There's a gaggle of rather cowardly remoaners and left wing , so called, "liberals" who've regularly turned , on any individual who've put their head above the parapet. I've seen exactly the same tactics used over and over again on other posters. It hasn't just been me by any stretch. Consequently, I gave up trying to be reasonable, genuinely prepared to have a fair minded debate. It was pointless, so I treat most of you with the sheer contempt you've come to deserve.

Bizarrely, had you been more reasonable, this moment may not feel as grand as it does! Many , many of the things I predicted have come to pass. Many of the views I expressed have proven to be shared by the vast , vast majority of British people. The election result vindicates pretty much most of what I've been saying for the last 3 and a half years!

No self pitying here!

No way! If it hadn't been like water off a ducks back, I'd have packed in long ago.

No, knowing that the election result has ultimately proven me and many others right, and you and your cronies wrong. Cronies that have relished behaving pack-like on anybody having the audacity to hold a different view, belittling, condescending, using pedantry, nitpicking, being self appointed spelling and grammar police, groundless personal attacks, constant baseless accusations of drunkenness, refusing to accept things have been said in a certain way knowing full well that they were.

You brought it on yourself. So when you've got both barrels from me, dont try and play the victim, you deserved it.

Console yourself in knowing your contribution for the last 3 and a half years has only made my schadenfreude even sweeter

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Aaah bless
Let’s all chip in and buy Drongo his very own mario balotelli “why always me” t shirt.

“No self pitying here” comment is hilarious

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:22 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:18 pm
Aaah bless
Let’s all chip in and buy Drongo his very own mario balotelli “why always me” t shirt.

“No self pitying here” comment is hilarious
The Creepy Fantasist happily topping up the schadenfreude levels!

Keep going ! ;)

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Crazy that we've got working class folk like RIngo rejoicing in the fact he's just voted for 5 more years (minimum) of capitalism.

All I would ask is this; are you happy with the energy prices you're currently paying? Are you happy with the insurance money you're currently paying? Are you happy with the rail fares you're currently paying? Are you happy being ripped off by every corporation going, who themselves feel fit to avoid paying their share of tax. It's now so bad that people who work still rely on handouts and food banks.

Because the billionaires for whom capitalism works for are currently laughing their cocks off. It works for them. It doesn't work for us. Put Brexit to one side, how can anyone who's working class have just voted to keep the billionaires in pocket at the expense of everyone else?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:27 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:51 pm
If I was a nut job like you I’d go back on all your thousands of posts in the last 3 years and add up all the ones you posted during working hours - but I’m not so I’ll just carry on laughing at you spending your weekend posting on this message board instead of spending time with your family.
Now please f-uck off you absolute fruit loop.
Back to the personal abuse and foul language!

As for you being a "Nut job "

I'd never call you one of those.

Why would I give you an undeserved promotion!!??

Creepy fantasist is far more apt!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:34 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:21 pm
You are either an outstanding parody account, a paranoid lunatic or drunk.
Always keen to show off your ability to throw around groundless accusations , to try and impress your fellow gaggle members weren't you The Family Cat! Always at the front weren't you!

Who's mocking and who's laughing now , The family Cat?

(clue - it's not you!)
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:38 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 am
Maybe tomorrow. This afternoon's group is Point and Laugh at Silly Ringo.

This was when you were enjoying one of your best pack mentality moments wasnt it!

WHO'S "POINTING AND LAUGHING" NOW ?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:45 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:16 am
Ah, ringo. I wondered if you'd be back when the pubs shut.
This was always your default post, when youd lost the arguement wasnt it!?

Perhaps you should have kept your mouth shut a little bit more ofter. But then again, I wouldn't feel quite so chuffed as I do now!

;)

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:52 pm

aggi wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:02 pm
The problem with Johnson is, unlike a lot of other potential PMs, he has a track record in leadership to look back on. Unfortunately that track record includes a hell of a lot of broken promises and commitments that he didn't see through.

Maybe he's changed and this leadership will be different but it's difficult not to look on him with suspicion.
It is indeed, I agree, difficult. But having met the man and seeing people like Cummings follow him (who is devoted to regional rebalance) I feel confident. I see him rather than someone not empathic, but as someone who struggles to handle his emotions, and I see him as very emotional at this degree of trust put in him from areas that even Thatcher couldn't win.

The only scenario I feel he may diverge from it is if the economy does get into trouble, because despite preferring both I feel he wants power more than he wants to repay that trust, but he is not unusual in that sense.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:53 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:34 am
She'll be here when he gets drunk enough to put the dress on.

download.jpg
This was a picture of the cross dresser guy out of the silence of the lambs that you uploaded, that you aimed at me! When you and several others were doing the "its Friday" thing Remember!?

I certainly forget Friday 13th of December, The Family Cat!

It was the day that the election result made you look sillier than any childish picture you could ever upload could do!! Believe me!!

:lol: :lol:

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Seriously RING HOLE - go spend some time with your family. Tell them it’s all over and see if they’ll take you back.
It’s Christmas soon....have a couple of weeks off this board if you possibly can. It will be a great present for your lad and an even better one for the rest of us.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:58 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:32 pm
Ten past Stella
Another sad sack vacuous default reference when you'd lost the arguement and was clearly emboldened by the presence of your gaggle of chums

Tell me The family Cat, where exactly were you at 10 past 10 when the exit poll was announced!!!??

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:04 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:58 pm
Seriously RING HOLE - go spend some time with your family. Tell them it’s all over and see if they’ll take you back.
It’s Christmas soon....have a couple of weeks off this board if you possibly can. It will be a great present for your lad and an even better one for the rest of us.
Could be a great opportunity to , perhaps, resist the disturbing and irrational voices that are telling you to come across as the Creepy Fantasist. And , instead listen to your own advice.
TVC15 wrote:
please f-uck off you absolute fruit loop.

CrosspoolClarets

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:09 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:25 pm
Crazy that we've got working class folk like RIngo rejoicing in the fact he's just voted for 5 more years (minimum) of capitalism.

All I would ask is this; are you happy with the energy prices you're currently paying? Are you happy with the insurance money you're currently paying? Are you happy with the rail fares you're currently paying? Are you happy being ripped off by every corporation going, who themselves feel fit to avoid paying their share of tax. It's now so bad that people who work still rely on handouts and food banks.

Because the billionaires for whom capitalism works for are currently laughing their cocks off. It works for them. It doesn't work for us. Put Brexit to one side, how can anyone who's working class have just voted to keep the billionaires in pocket at the expense of everyone else?
I respect opinions on this, and as I wrote above I want a new settlement and am sympathetic to those who blame the choices Cameron made. But capitalism only working for billionaires? We have to address these kinds of delusions.

I was born in a council house, went to a crap school, never went to university (nobody in my family ever has), never had a handout or a favour, and won’t get an inheritence, but I grafted, became an accountant, and now run my own business with a decent (though not rich) lifestyle and I live in a lovely area.

That’s capitalism. It provides social mobility, fuels aspiration, and helps out those born without privilege in rundown towns. I struggle to see how any elements of socialism would have helped me in any way, and it has failed almost everywhere in the world it has been tried.

I do sympathise with the left. Blair was a disaster, with his focus on degrees for all and spreading wealth through tax credits (which fuels an entitlement culture still present today). Hopefully Johnson’s very different premiership will persuade people that capitalism can work for all in society, we’ll see.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:09 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:18 am
Looking forward to Ringo cracking his first Special Brew and getting stuck into this one.

This was you in full Leader of The Pack mode , wasn't it The Family Cat !!

Surrounded by a dozen or so like minded "liberals"

Happy to gob off with your gang , weren't you!

NOT SO FORTHCOMING NOW

(Cant think why!)
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:12 pm

Didn’t think you could do it Drongo - you’re addicted to a forum.
Hells teeth - your poor family.

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:15 pm

This is getting completely ridiculous.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:17 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:12 pm
Didn’t think you could do it Drongo - you’re addicted to a forum.
Hells teeth - your poor family.
Could be a great opportunity to , perhaps, resist the disturbing and irrational voices that are telling you to come across as the Creepy Fantasist. And , instead listen to your own advice.
TVC15 wrote:
please f-uck off you absolute fruit loop.