General Election Is On

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Re: General Election Is On

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:06 pm

Inchy wrote:Victims of the tories running the NHS to the ground

Everyone

Well my view of the NHS has been coloured and not for the better.

My wonderful step father woke up a couple of years ago with slurred speach, two years before he had a stoke and was treated wonderfully at Bury hospital. So my mother took him to Bury A and E. the doctor examined him putting him in severe pain, gave him morphine and then a couple of hours later discharged him. As my mum wheeled him out to the car in a wheel chair ( he walked in ) a nurse followed my mum and told her to bring him back after 2:30 when that doctor had gone off shift.
My mum chose to talk to Blackburn A and E the day after, they said he had a post viral syndrome.

A few days later I went round and was shocked at his condition.

I told my mum and Al to set up a scene the day after where he had fallen and could not get up, call an ambulance and hopefully get the paramedics to get some action taken, I have lots of faith in the paramedics.

They took him to hospital and said he needed a cranial exam.

The young doctor was nearly crying my mum said when he cam back as Al had multiple brain tumours.

They did a full body CT the day after and only his right kidney was clear of Cancer.

He came home the day after.
Two days later he was paralysed and bed ridden.

A days later when I asked the Macmillan nurse how long he might last, she said she had not seen anyone alive with that amount of cancer.

He past away 6 days later and we had to pay for private care at home.

The NHS can be great.
At times it can absolutely crap. My mother would not make a complaint due to the fact it would have made no difference to Al. I wanted to as it might help someone who could survive.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:07 pm

fatboy47 wrote::lol: :lol:

i see the Tories are wheeling out their intellectual big beasts on here. Go for it Damo and Kate!!

I'm outta here! :shock: :shock:
Away and drown your cats

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:10 pm

Inchy
Been Liked: 1333 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:20 pm

Damo wrote:Are you a massive Corbynista Inchy?

No absolutely not. I highlighted that yesterday on this thread when I said I can understand why people don’t like Corbyn.

I think he’s been useless in dealing with anti semitism. I think he’s got way too much baggage from the IRA days meaning he will never get the veterans and forces vote. I think his ideas on immigration do not represent the feeling of many northern towns (although I agree with his immigration policy I understand many don’t). I don’t think he leads the party well. He should have apologised in the Neil interview. Letting Diane Abbott near the press prior to the last election when clearly she wasn’t up to it was a massive error (she’s nowhere to be seen this time so at least he’s learning).

Labour should be walking this election after the 9 years of **** the tories have given us. I will vote labour but it’s a bit like voting for herpes or hepatitis. You don’t what either so you choose what hurts the least. Unfortunately we will end up with hepatitis and the clap (a coalition).

What annoys me is that I have seen many former labour voters who are decent people and believe in the fundamentals of labour (Fairness, social mobility, a decent welfare state etc), who are now voting Tory. That’s fine I understand why. But all they do is slag of labour and defend the tories, even though the tories are crap.

A friend of mine who was in the NI during the troubles will not vote corbyn because he believes he hates the forces and is a traitor. Fair enough if he believes that. He constantly slags off labour and defends the tories. Even though Tory cuts have led to many vets ending up on our streets or needlessly suffering with MH issues because the support isn’t there due to cuts.

If you want one side to win that’s fine but let’s face it both sides are crap.
This user liked this post: Damo

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:26 pm

martin_p wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50592259

This is embarrassing.
Sadly, it just proves the BBC is totally biased as they've allowed him to get away with it!

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:27 pm

Inchy wrote:No absolutely not. I highlighted that yesterday on this thread when I said I can understand why people don’t like Corbyn.

I think he’s been useless in dealing with anti semitism. I think he’s got way too much baggage from the IRA days meaning he will never get the veterans and forces vote. I think his ideas on immigration do not represent the feeling of many northern towns (although I agree with his immigration policy I understand many don’t). I don’t think he leads the party well. He should have apologised in the Neil interview. Letting Diane Abbott near the press prior to the last election when clearly she wasn’t up to it was a massive error (she’s nowhere to be seen this time so at least he’s learning).

Labour should be walking this election after the 9 years of **** the tories have given us. I will vote labour but it’s a bit like voting for herpes or hepatitis. You don’t what either so you choose what hurts the least. Unfortunately we will end up with hepatitis and the clap (a coalition).

What annoys me is that I have seen many former labour voters who are decent people and believe in the fundamentals of labour (Fairness, social mobility, a decent welfare state etc), who are now voting Tory. That’s fine I understand why. But all they do is slag of labour and defend the tories, even though the tories are crap.

A friend of mine who was in the NI during the troubles will not vote Tory because he believes he hates the forces and is a traitor. Fair enough if he believes that. He constantly slags off labour and defends the tories. Even though Tory cuts have led to many vets ending up on our streets or needlessly suffering with MH issues because the support isn’t there due to cuts.

Corbyn hates the armed forces, end of.

He supports terrorists.

He is a Londoner who has no idea of what people up north think or how they feel.

Why because he is a multi millionaire who has never had to do a days work in his life.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:28 pm

I honestly don’t know how anyone can defend the tories for the past 9 years. I can understand why people will still vote for them because they believe the alternative is worse. But you can’t defend what the tories have done. It’s shocking

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:Corbyn hates the armed forces, end of.

He supports terrorists.

He is a Londoner who has no idea of what people up north think or how they feel.

Why because he is a multi millionaire who has never had to do a days work in his life.

You could level all of that at Boris as well.

Sell arms to Saudi which then end up in terrorists hands is supporting terrorists. Corbyn wants a dialog with terrorist but at least he isn’t arming them.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:38 pm

Inchy wrote:I honestly don’t know how anyone can defend the tories for the past 9 years. I can understand why people will still vote for them because they believe the alternative is worse. But you can’t defend what the tories have done. It’s shocking
You can level the same at Labour, I've never understood why people blindly follow either party when both have shocking records when in power.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6445 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:39 pm

He supports terrorists.

Not sure if I could take this seriously or not, I don’t particularly like him either, but he has earnt his money working as a politician and a journalist prior to that I think. You do know his background don’t you?

As for supporting terrorists that is just frankly ridiculous - he has supported peace, which is probably why there is a perception he also dislikes the armed forces, which he doesn’t by the way.

WHATABOUTERY ALERT...

You do also realise that BoJo’s family are extremely wealthy and in my opinion he has no idea what it is like to lead a “normal” life.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:40 pm

Inchy wrote:No absolutely not. I highlighted that yesterday on this thread when I said I can understand why people don’t like Corbyn.

A friend of mine who was in the NI during the troubles will not vote corbyn because he believes he hates the forces and is a traitor. Fair enough if he believes that. He constantly slags off labour and defends the tories. Even though Tory cuts have led to many vets ending up on our streets or needlessly suffering with MH issues because the support isn’t there due to cuts.

I cannot argue with one word of that.
Thanks for the reply

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4254 times

Post by Greenmile » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:...WHATABOUTERY ALERT....
This came one post too late.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Inchy wrote:You could level all of that at Boris as well.

Sell arms to Saudi which then end up in terrorists hands is supporting terrorists. Corbyn wants a dialog with terrorist but at least he isn’t arming them.

Lots of north west jobs arming the Saudis.

Probably a couple of thousand.

Would you prefer they were overan by Iran???

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:48 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:Not sure if I could take this seriously or not, I don’t particularly like him either, but he has earnt his money working as a politician and a journalist prior to that I think. You do know his background don’t you?

As for supporting terrorists that is just frankly ridiculous - he has supported peace, which is probably why there is a perception he also dislikes the armed forces, which he doesn’t by the way.

WHATABOUTERY ALERT...

You do also realise that BoJo’s family are extremely wealthy and in my opinion he has no idea what it is like to lead a “normal” life.

So after the IRA bombed the Tory hotel, his Labour lead pamphlet said .

Try riding your bike now Norman.

And also.

What do call dead 4 dead Tories, A start.

That’s the guy you say has fought for peace. You need to open your eyes.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... links.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:50 pm

Spijed wrote:Sadly, it just proves the BBC is totally biased as they've allowed him to get away with it!
They can’t make him turn up to be fair.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Greenmile wrote:This came one post too late.

Hope your not posting about by late step father post.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:57 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:You can level the same at Labour, I've never understood why people blindly follow either party when both have shocking records when in power.

Yes you’re right but from my own experience talking to others about this election (admittedly many are NHS staff) most are voting for labour but are more than willing to pick labour out on their short comings.

I see less of that from Tory voters.

I can understand it from younger voters. It’s very tribal at that age. However anyone who has lived through a few governments know how bad this current crop of leaders are. If it was a choice between Major and Boris I’d vote Major. That’s saying something because Major was crap. If it was a choice between Brown and Corbyn I’d vote Brown. And that’s saying something because Brown was useless as a leader.

This leave/ remain, red/blue tribalism is really not good for the country. On the whole most people are decent. Most tory supporters I have met are decent people and most labour supporters i have met are decent people.

We deserve better and if you are voting Tory you should absolutely call out Boris for being crap because we deserve better.

If you are voting labour you should absolutely call out Corbyn if he’s saying nonsense because we deserve better.

I believe most people are not happy with the situation but many pretend like Boris/Corbyn are the second coming because they dare not admit the side they are voting for is crap
Last edited by Inchy on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 tiger76

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:Lots of north west jobs arming the Saudis.

Probably a couple of thousand.

Would you prefer they were overan by Iran???

No. I’m just pointing out that you could level those accusations at Boris just as much as you can Corbyn if the right spin is applied

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Inchy wrote:Yes you’re right but from my own experience talking to others about this election (admittedly many are NHS staff) most are voting for labour but are more than willing to pick labour but on their short comings.

I can understand it from younger voters. It’s very tribal at that age. However anyone who has lived through a few governments know how bad this current crop of leaders are. If it was a choice between Major and Boris I’d vote Major. That’s saying something because Major was crap. If it was a choice between Brown and Corbyn I’d vote Brown. And that’s saying something because Brown was useless as a leader.

This leave/ remain, red/blue tribalism is really not good for the country. On the whole most people are decent. Most tory supporters I have met are decent people and most labour supporters i have met are decent people.

We deserve better and if you are voting Tory you should absolutely call out Boris for being because we deserve better.

If you are voting labour you should absolutely call out Corbyn if he’s saying nonsense because we deserve better.

I believe most people are not happy with the situation but many pretend like Boris/Corbyn are the second coming because they dare not admit the side they are voting for is crap
Can't argue with any of that, you've nailed it.

People I've spoken to about this election don't really know which side to pick if Brexit is taken out of the equation, as you've said it's like picking Hepatitis or Herpes and I wouldn't be surprised to see millions not voting yet again.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:05 pm

Inchy wrote:No. I’m just pointing out that you could level those accusations at Boris just as much as you can Corbyn if the right spin is applied
Why are you making argue to support a Tory.

Boris has not met with terrorists organisations.

He did not make jokes about dead Labour MP’s.

He might be an idiot, but not sure he is as dangerous an idiot as Corbyn.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:07 pm

Inchy wrote:Yes you’re right but from my own experience talking to others about this election (admittedly many are NHS staff) most are voting for labour but are more than willing to pick labour out on their short comings.

We deserve better and if you are voting Tory you should absolutely call out Boris for being crap because we deserve better.

So vote for someone else!!!

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:08 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:So after the IRA bombed the Tory hotel, his Labour lead pamphlet said .

And also.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politi ... links.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You’ve clearly no idea have you. There’s no point discussing anything with someone who is so biased. You are clearly blinkered especially as you described the failing NHS in regards to your late FIL but you probably won’t accept that it’s the 9/10 years of Tory austerity that caused the NHS to crumble and fail.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:10 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:So vote for someone else!!!

Only two parties have a chance of winning and I’d much rather labour win

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:19 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:Hope your not posting about by late step father post.
I think it’s pretty clear I’m not. What a strange thing to think.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:25 pm

Inchy wrote:Only two parties have a chance of winning and I’d much rather labour win

That’s where we differ, I have worked under the strong unions they want to recreate.

I still remember the day I was asked to do development job working at Lucas Burnley.

I did it in a day.
Two days later the shop stewards asked for chat behind the Guillotine, the significance kinda never left me.

Anyway the crux of the matter was the union thought it should have taken a week and many of the “lads” agreed.

I was advised not to go out in town as I would learn my lesson.

You very quickly learnt your shop steward was the boss, you did as he said at all times.

It’s no wonder to me just about all the factories I worked at for Lucas are all derelict.

Just as those unions should be, they killed those factories.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:26 pm

Greenmile wrote:I think it’s pretty clear I’m not. What a strange thing to think.
I will apologise but it was not clear.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:27 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:I will apologise but it was not clear.
The clue was in the word “one”.

Apology accepted, though. Thank you.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:32 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:That’s where we differ, I have worked under the strong unions they want to recreate.

I still remember the day I was asked to do development job working at Lucas Burnley.

I did it in a day.
Two days later the shop stewards asked for chat behind the Guillotine, the significance kinda never left me.

Anyway the crux of the matter was the union thought it should have taken a week and many of the “lads” agreed.

You very quickly learnt your shop steward was the boss, you did as he said at all times.

It’s no wonder to me just about all the factories I worked at for Lucas are all derelict.

I have work in the NHS for the past 9 years under the tories. I’ve got some horror stories as well.

I suppose it’s all on personal experience and perspective

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:38 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:That’s where we differ, I have worked under the strong unions they want to recreate.

I did it in a day.

Which Lucas factory? I worked at Aftermarket and Aerospace between 1996 and 2003

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:38 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:You’ve clearly no idea have you. There’s no point discussing anything with someone who is so biased. You are clearly blinkered especially as you described the failing NHS in regards to your late FIL but you probably won’t accept that it’s the 9/10 years of Tory austerity that caused the NHS to crumble and fail.
And there is no pint try to talk to some one who will not see what Corbyn has been responsible for putting out there.

The NHS has been under funded for more than 9/10 years.

To correct that would disagree.

I would allow people like myself to add funds ring fenced for the NHS as part of my council tax, but I would like preference treatment. However I want free treatment for all. I would just hope the extra money could help the NHS.

I was so angry about my step fathers treatment, but he was 10 days from being dead when he walked into Bury A and E.

But the main question remains in my head, if they cannot find out what’s wrong with someone 10 days from death, what can they find.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:So after the IRA bombed the Tory hotel, his Labour lead pamphlet said .

And also.

David Cameron
@David_Cameron
Despite our differences I enjoyed working with Martin McGuinness. He wanted politics to work in Northern Ireland & helped make it happen.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:Which Lucas factory? I worked at Aftermarket and Aerospace between 1996 and 2003
Harger clough and Wood Top.

Both now flattened.

Then moved to what is now Saffran. Back then it Hurel Dubois uk ltd.

As Hurel I lost my sh1t and called in the union full time official, who ruled the union where acting illegally and made them work to the law. Union reps never spoke to me again.

Think they were glad when I left.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:47 pm

Spijed wrote:David Cameron
@David_Cameron
Despite our differences I enjoyed working with Martin McGuinness. He wanted politics to work in Northern Ireland & helped make it happen.

So Boris didn’t say it!!

Ps I think he is a clown
This user liked this post: Spijed

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:56 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:And there is no pint try to talk to some one who will not see what Corbyn has been responsible for putting out there.

The NHS has been under funded for more than 9/10 years.

To correct that would disagree.

I would allow people like myself to add funds ring fenced for the NHS as part of my council tax, but I would like preference treatment. However I want free treatment for all. I would just hope the extra money could help the NHS.

I was so angry about my step fathers treatment, but he was 10 days from being dead when he walked into Bury A and E.

But the main question remains in my head, if they cannot find out what’s wrong with someone 10 days from death, what can they find.

You say “they” but as you also pointed out the nurse said come back when the doctor has finished. So it’s likely the doctor missed something. Doctors do make mistakes, particularly when under immense pressure due overcrowded a and e departments

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:05 pm

Erasmus wrote:To Paul Waine. Paul, what you are referring to in relation to the Netherlands is in fact a ring-fenced tax that is to be used solely for healthcare provision. To enable the Dutch government to provide a better standard of healthcare than we have via the NHS it requires that ring-fenced tax to be a good bit higher than what is paid in the UK. To implement that system here would mean better off people paying more in order to achieve a higher standard of healthcare for all, rich and poor. That is essentially the Labour Party's policy, just a different means of collecting the taxation.
Hi Erasmus, it's a very odd tax, if you think it's a tax. You don't pay your health insurance premiums to the government. When you visit GP for first time, or visit Emergency (eerste hulp) the first question you are asked, yes the very first question you are asked is "how are you going to pay?" A bit of a surprise if you've grown up with NHS, but that's the Netherland's system. And, you pay the bills presented to you, eerste hulp charged 1 fee for the facility and a second fee was charged by the doctor that provided treatment. Then, just as we would do if you'd had a bump in your car, you submit your medical bills to your insurance company and the process their repayment, less your deductible. Has I've posted earlier, you get faster treatment because the health care provider makes their money from providing treatment, there's no NHS "cheque in the post" that pays the GPs bills and all the hospital staff wages and other costs.

It may be an idea not to say you think it's a tax if you go for a job with "fact checker." ;)

I've no idea whether the health insurance premiums are higher than the cost of NHS paid by UK tax payer. It may be that it's the patients' own contributions (excess, if you like) that makes the total spend per capita higher.

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1039 times

Post by Clarets4me » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:06 pm

Just remember folks, no-body risked life and limb climbing over the Berlin Wall to get into Socialist East Germany ....

The Capitalist system gave ordinary working people the Ford Cortina, Ford Escort and the VW Golf .... Socialism gave working people the Trabant !

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:12 pm

martin_p wrote:I’m perfectly aware of the tax rules thank you. I’m also perfectly aware that any accountant worth his salt will tell anyone providing contracting or consultancy services as an individual that setting up a company is the most ‘tax efficient’ way of organising your income, especially if you’ll be earning over the 40% tax band.
Hi martin, why did you post that there is a "dividend tax" if you understand the tax rules?

Can you provide pro-forma tax calc for someone earning, let's say, £70,000 from contracting services. How does self-employed compare with limited company?

And, can you provide the pro-forma on the basis of tax rates that apply now - and compare them with those that JC/JMcD have "promised" to introduce.

Should we expect "no one earning less than £80,000 will pay any more tax" mean that the two calcs will give the same results?

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:14 pm

Clarets4me wrote:Just remember folks, no-body risked life and limb climbing over the Berlin Wall to get into Socialist East Germany ....

The Capitalist system gave ordinary working people the Ford Cortina, Ford Escort and the VW Golf .... Socialism gave working people the Trabant !
There is that story on BBC radio (sounds, is it?) about the guy who tunnelled out of East Berlin - and then went back again. I've not listened to it. It's possible when he went back he wasn't planning to stay.

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:17 pm

Inchy wrote:You say “they” but as you also pointed out the nurse said come back when the doctor has finished. So it’s likely the doctor missed something. Doctors do make mistakes, particularly when under immense pressure due overcrowded a and e departments
There are shortcomings with the NHS in 2008 my Dad got MRSA at Burnley General after a routine hip operation which eventually led to a girdle stone operation after he was ill for many months recovering from the infection but even taking my own personal experience into account I would much rather have our NHS than other systems of health care.

It needs funding and I would love to see a Royal Commission set up to examine the best way to fund health and social care going forward and that all parties should sign up to the outcome. Adair Turner did this when he looked at pension provision and auto enrolment has been a success.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi martin, why did you post that there is a "dividend tax" if you understand the tax rules?

Can you provide pro-forma tax calc for someone earning, let's say, £70,000 from contracting services. How does self-employed compare with limited company?

And, can you provide the pro-forma on the basis of tax rates that apply now - and compare them with those that JC/JMcD have "promised" to introduce.

Should we expect "no one earning less than £80,000 will pay any more tax" mean that the two calcs will give the same results?
Yes I can.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:39 pm

3E8E4FCB-646E-445D-8AF4-51D763D47293.jpeg
3E8E4FCB-646E-445D-8AF4-51D763D47293.jpeg (234.1 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
Just taken the election quiz and these were the results

A bit strange because one of the questions asks you who you intend to vote for

Link below

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:44 pm

martin_p wrote:Yes I can.
Shall we do it together, then?

I'll start:

Consulting services invoiced: £70,000.

Expenses, including professional indemnity insurance, 3rd party liability, (small) percent of heat and light for home office, travel to clients offices, stationery, website, some other sundry bits and pieces. How much do you think? Shall we say £4,000, keeping it simple.

Let's put in a little entertaining clients and prospective clients - in the hope of winning new business. £125 every 3 months = £500 in the year.

For simplicity, let's assume that the consultant doesn't need any legal advice on any of the customer contracts - but, what would a lawyer cost if he did need some advice? £1,000 a time, is that fair? Perhaps more?

Accountant to look after all the accounting records, submit returns to HMRC etc. Is £500 enough? Maybe that should be higher, as HMRC has introduced digital tax returns, so may be £1,000.

So far:

Revenue £70,000

Expenses: £4,000 + £500 + £1,000 + £1,000 = £6,500.

Let's say, for discussion, we ignore VAT, and assume that £70k excludes VAT and also all the expenses, including lawyer and accountant don't include VAT. Or, we could say, our consultant decides to register for VAT and so quarterly VAT returns are required, but the input VAT can be offset against amounts due to HMRC.

So, Revenue less Expenses = £63,500.

Can you take it from there. What would the tax calc look like for our consultant either as self-employed or as limited company?

I'll let you choose whether you want to do this with JC/JMcD new rates, or the existing rates. I'll do my calcs whichever you don't do.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:49 pm

He supports terrorists.

What a load of nonsense. You've had your head in the Daily Mail for too long if you think any party leader hates the armed forces, and there's absolutely no reason, or evidence to think Corbyn does. Between Corbyn and Johnson, who would be more likely to involve Britain in an armed conflict that we have no direct interest in? In other words, who would most likely throw away the lives of our service personnel? You already know Corbyn doesn't support terrorists, but you repeat it like a parrot. And Corbyn has far far more of an idea of what people in the north think and feel than Johnson ever will. Corbyn travels around the country listening to what people say. Johnson just tells people what he thinks they want to hear.

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Inchy wrote:
3E8E4FCB-646E-445D-8AF4-51D763D47293.jpeg
Just taken the election quiz and these were the results

A bit strange because one of the questions asks you who you intend to vote for

Link below

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exactly the same order as yours albeit with different percentages. So it seems like a load of ******** because there's no way I'd consider voting for Labour under Corbyn.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:02 pm

AndrewJB wrote:What a load of nonsense. You've had your head in the Daily Mail for too long if you think any party leader hates the armed forces, and there's absolutely no reason, or evidence to think Corbyn does. Between Corbyn and Johnson, who would be more likely to involve Britain in an armed conflict that we have no direct interest in? In other words, who would most likely throw away the lives of our service personnel? You already know Corbyn doesn't support terrorists, but you repeat it like a parrot. And Corbyn has far far more of an idea of what people in the north think and feel than Johnson ever will. Corbyn travels around the country listening to what people say. Johnson just tells people what he thinks they want to hear.

Your entitled to your opinion.

He does not support terrorists.

So why bring the Ira into Parliament days after the bombing of the Tory hotel.

And have his monthly pamphlet say killing 4 Tories was a good start.

What meet Hamas or hesbola.

Your the one who cannot see what’s in front of your eyes.

But people who worship cults cannot see beyond that cults teachings.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:13 pm

And also.

Spurious rubbish again. Corbyn didn't write any of those things, and wasn't in fact on the editorial board of that magazine - the tenuous link the Telegraph tried to claim, because they can't actually find a quote from him celebrating anyone's death. What you say speaks more about your own honesty than anything else. You knock on doors and spout this nonsense? You are actually part of the problem in our politics - lying to people. It's not a difficult thing to just remain as honest as you can when doing politics, and promote the good things your party stands for. But your politics is just about smearing an opponent.What is the honour in that?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:18 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Shall we do it together, then?

I'll start:

Consulting services invoiced: £70,000.

Expenses, including professional indemnity insurance, 3rd party liability, (small) percent of heat and light for home office, travel to clients offices, stationery, website, some other sundry bits and pieces. How much do you think? Shall we say £4,000, keeping it simple.

Let's put in a little entertaining clients and prospective clients - in the hope of winning new business. £125 every 3 months = £500 in the year.

For simplicity, let's assume that the consultant doesn't need any legal advice on any of the customer contracts - but, what would a lawyer cost if he did need some advice? £1,000 a time, is that fair? Perhaps more?

Accountant to look after all the accounting records, submit returns to HMRC etc. Is £500 enough? Maybe that should be higher, as HMRC has introduced digital tax returns, so may be £1,000.

So far:

Revenue £70,000

Expenses: £4,000 + £500 + £1,000 + £1,000 = £6,500.

Let's say, for discussion, we ignore VAT, and assume that £70k excludes VAT and also all the expenses, including lawyer and accountant don't include VAT. Or, we could say, our consultant decides to register for VAT and so quarterly VAT returns are required, but the input VAT can be offset against amounts due to HMRC.

So, Revenue less Expenses = £63,500.

Can you take it from there. What would the tax calc look like for our consultant either as self-employed or as limited company?

I'll let you choose whether you want to do this with JC/JMcD new rates, or the existing rates. I'll do my calcs whichever you don't do.
Sorry but I’m really not that dull. Monty Python had it right about accountants!

aggi
Been Liked: 2114 times

Post by aggi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:19 pm

taio wrote:Exactly the same order as yours albeit with different percentages. So it seems like a load of ******** because there's no way I'd consider voting for Labour under Corbyn.
Well that's the point of it, you see whose policies you agree with rather than the personalities.

aggi
Been Liked: 2114 times

Post by aggi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:24 pm

He supports terrorists.

There's so much actual stuff that you can attack Corbyn with and yet you still opt for the stuff you've just made up.

How do you reconcile your views on politicians and terrorists with the Brexit party's MEP for Burnley supporting the IRA bombings in Warrington? Is it ok so long as they support Brexit?

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:36 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:Your entitled to your opinion.

He does not support terrorists.

So why bring the Ira into Parliament days after the bombing of the Tory hotel.

And have his monthly pamphlet say killing 4 Tories was a good start.

What meet Hamas or hesbola.

Your the one who cannot see what’s in front of your eyes.

But people who worship cults cannot see beyond that cults teachings.
If you want to achieve peace, you have to talk to those fighting. Paisley (senior) understood this about Corbyn, and although he didn't agree with his politics, he recognised Corbyn as an honourable and honest broker of peace. As for speaking with IRA members, Corbyn dealt with SInn Fein on the nationalist side, and the three people he "had tea with" - which was to discuss prison conditions in Northern Ireland - were all ex-IRA. We now know from the records that Thatcher's government was at that same time speaking directly with the IRA. As secret, because she claimed she never would, but it's there in the archives. Was Thatcher therefore more of a terrorist sympathiser than Corbyn?

You will find Corbyn disagreeing with the British government position on various international issues, but that isn't being anti-British (in the case of the Iraq War, it was just good old honesty, which is what you'd expect from an MP). You need to distance yourself from the actions of our government - which haven't always been good - and consider the wider interests of our country. You will also find Corbyn's conflict resolution methods all around the world, done by commie institutions such as the Church of England, the Catholic Church, and many other faith organisations. Look at Medicin san Frontiers - and you'll see good honourable doctors and nurses from western countries treating victims of violence regardless of what side of a conflict they were on. Including ISIS fighters in Syria. It might be confusing to you, but this a better way for the West (the good and decent West) to come out on top in a clash of ideology against enemies of the West.