Alleged "Racist" Burnley fan - case dropped

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Re: Alleged "Racist" Burnley fan - case dropped

Post by thatdberight » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:32 am

It'll be interesting to see what the club do. The charge that there was a racial element to Raheem Sterling's abuse at Chelsea last season was dropped by the CPS due to it not meeting the threshold of likelihood of conviction. Chelsea banned the fan for life after their investigation.

I wonder will Burnley even have a separate investigation of their own?

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:44 am

ClaretFelix wrote:The case was dropped as it was deemed that given the oversight/f*** up by the Police, they would not be able to guarantee a fair trial.
They have not been found guilty, nor have they been been acquitted and found to be innocent, which given the concerns raised by fellow clarets about their previous behaviour, raises an eyebrow or two
It would be fairer to say the prosecution as a whole are responsible, the police may have been acting on CPS advice, after all its they who decided which material is used in evidence.
It's a different matter if the police hid the material from the CPS, though if that was the case I think we may have heard about it before now, and some police officer would be facing discipline proceedings

basil6345789
Been Liked: 482 times
Has Liked: 2292 times

Post by basil6345789 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:53 pm

Innocent until proved guilty.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Claret on t-rex, your being a bit lardy.

I quote from the rejection letter, the title of the essay was 'Pictorial Exploration, Race Graphics and Modernism':

''The lack of clarity and focus in this article is signaled by its title. Regretfully 'race' these days immediately signified ethnicity, so discovering well towards the middle that the author is referring to 'that creative play in the cultural development of race graphics on sports objects' is a surprise.

Now WHO could possibility write such bulllshit? I don't know... The moral of the story is don't take rejection as necessarily meaningful, on any level.

I've taken it further by imagining anyone who uses the word 'race' is like the above, so one might then call Lewis Hamilton a racist because he races cars i.e. just as silly as the idiot who rejected my article.

The journal is a drawing practice journal, the article was about such drawing as:
Transformer Race Graphic 2603.jpg
Transformer Race Graphic 2603.jpg (367.49 KiB) Viewed 455 times

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:32 pm

basil6345789 wrote:There was never any racism in Modernism, we just didn't like Rockers.
Is post Modernism ... a Rocker hitting a scooter rider with a fence post?

(Or a Mod hitting a Rocker with a fence post just to be sitting on the fence, the fence thats now lying flat cos the Mods 'n Rockers are using the posts to fight with ;))