Next 3 games - changes needed but what

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Re: Next 3 games - changes needed but what

Post by dsr » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:22 pm

ClaretMov wrote:And that's what frustrates me about Dyche, to loyal to the players and won't make changes, it will in the end cost him his job.
I don't know if you have checked the "longest serving managers" list recently, but perhaps you should. Any suggestion that Dyche's personal style of management leads to job insecurity is, shall we say, not backed up by the facts.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Pope

Bardsley Long Mee Taylor
Westwood Tarks MacNeil
Lennon Barnes Rodriguez
Subs Lowton Bailey-Farell Gibson Benson Vydra Cork

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:46 pm

DSR Have you seen the football dished up by dyche over the last two season's........bloody awful, he can't keep getting away with living in the PAST

Long hoof ball style football
No plan b
Dated tactics
To loyal to player's that need dropping to the point where the bench cost more than the starting 11 most week's

Can't wait for the next six year's under Dyche :lol:

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:49 pm

ClaretMov wrote:Can't wait for the next six year's under Dyche :lol:
As long as we are doing well in the Prem, who cares?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Spijed wrote:As long as we are doing well in the Prem, who cares?
I suppose that all depends on what you consider to be doing well.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:02 pm

Apart from a small run of 4/5 games after the Everton game on boxing day we haven't been doing well since we finished 7th almost 50 game's ago........each to their own but I feel it needs to be freshened up, a change in player's (starting 11) a change of management or a change in how we approach games who knows but it does need changing.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:38 am

First things first - lets get all this in perspective. Wasn't there on Saturday - and having been away off grid for the weekend, I've not read too much about it either, other than managing to see MOTD - but it was clearly a bad result.

Our first really bad result of the season. Sure, the fact we didn't compete more against Liverpool and Chelsea was frustrating, but the result was as expected. So were the other two defeats - indeed Sheffield United apart, all our defeats have been against the current top 5. Our three draws have all been welcomed as very respectable results away from home.

So without getting complacent, let's see this for what it is - a blip. That's why next Saturday Dyche might well make a couple of changes, but he won't make wholesale changes. Rightly, he'll give most of the same players a chance to redeem themselves.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:39 am

ClaretMov wrote:Apart from a small run of 4/5 games after the Everton game on boxing day we haven't been doing well since we finished 7th almost 50 game's ago........each to their own but I feel it needs to be freshened up, a change in player's (starting 11) a change of management or a change in how we approach games who knows but it does need changing.
Wild over reaction. How many points again was it we took from the second half of last season? 27 wasn't it? What's that if it's not "doing well"?

As for this season - we've had literally one disappointing result out of 11. One.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 am

We could make many changes as so many are out of form. Barnes, Westy, Cork,Hendrick, Lowton and Pieters could all be benched.

But the biggest worry for me is Ben Mee. His awareness of where the attacking players and positional sense have been woeful this season and Burnley can't afford that to happen.
For one goal on Saturday he runs back 20 yards with other players and never glances once to see what's around him. We're conceding far too many simple goals that basic defending would prevent. He's been a warrior,brave as a lion but he's getting found out too much now.
Time for Gibson to have his chance.

Yes others are making mistakes but Burnley will always concede balls in to the box with how narrow we play and the Centre halves will always have to deal with them.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:00 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:We could make many changes as so many are out of form. Barnes, Westy, Cork,Hendrick, Lowton and Pieters could all be benched.

But the biggest worry for me is Ben Mee. His awareness of where the attacking players and positional sense have been woeful this season and Burnley can't afford that to happen.
For one goal on Saturday he runs back 20 yards with other players and never glances once to see what's around him. We're conceding far too many simple goals that basic defending would prevent. He's been a warrior,brave as a lion but he's getting found out too much now.
Time for Gibson to have his chance.

Yes others are making mistakes but Burnley will always concede balls in to the box with how narrow we play and the Centre halves will always have to deal with them.
Hell will freeze over before Dyche drops Ben Mee. Was talking to some Boro lads on train back to Leeds on Saturday and they can't believe what's happened to Gibson.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 493 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:47 am

I certainly don't expect wholesale changes. Suppose it all depends how players respond in training this week. That said, I can't for the life of me understand how Pieters has started in front of one of the best young full backs in the country. I've also beencritical of Lowton's defensive qualities. However after McNeil, Lowts is our best crosser and a key outlet. At the risk of getting slaughtered I'd be inclined to experiment and play Lowton in front of Bardsley. Until you try you don't know and we are so narrow at times we are vulnerable down the flanks.
The only other change I'd make is Wood coming back for Barnes and playing alongside JayRod.