McNeil & Taylor

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jackmiggins
Been Liked: 197 times
Has Liked: 48 times

McNeil & Taylor

Post by jackmiggins » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:37 am

I’m hoping that SD’s nurturing of McNeil, by playing Pieters, can be put on hold. It hasn’t protected us from leaking goals & hasn’t helped McNeil to expand his game. It seems quite clear to me that we will create much more with Taylor back in the side. Think that has been self evident when he’s been brought on against Everton & SU. More speed, energy & attacking intent will help to improve McNeil now.
The ‘safe’ option isn’t doing anything for us. Next, address the right wing - Bardsley at FB. Then 3 in CM, with Barnes/Vydra/Jay bursting through to back up Wood.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Re: McNeil & Taylor

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:29 pm

Got to be Taylor starting next game. Which I fully expect it will be.
This user liked this post: The Enclosure

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Pretty sure Taylor will play on Saturday, and maybe Bardsley. But why does it take an absolute horror show for him to make a change? It's been clear to virtually everyone that Taylor is head and shoulders above Pieters.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:37 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Pretty sure Taylor will play on Saturday, and maybe Bardsley. But why does it take an absolute horror show for him to make a change? It's been clear to virtually everyone that Taylor is head and shoulders above Pieters.
I can only put it down to player morale and he prefers to drop players when there's been an obvious embarrassing result.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:41 pm

He gives a chance before making a change, as he then gives the incomer that same chance.

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Taylor should never have been dropped

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:41 pm

MRG wrote:Taylor should never have been dropped
Think everyone apart from Dyche and Hibsclaret would agree with you there.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:45 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Think everyone apart from Dyche and Hibsclaret would agree with you there.
We've now got an angry player with a point to prove, don't see the negative in that considering for the most part we've done ok this season

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:11 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Think everyone apart from Dyche and Hibsclaret would agree with you there.
That’s good because as Dyche is a genius what does that make me.

Dyche made his statement on Saturday so we’ll see what he does next. Once and for all I have nothing against Taylor, in fact he is chalk and cheese from this time last season. I rated him as between 6s and 8s from January and yet the usual bell ends come out with the smart remarks every week.

It’s a bit tiresome coming from someone that adds the square root of nothing to the board.

The whole back 4 were culpable on Saturday and Dyche said any one of them could have been hooked. Last season for the majority of the time until Christmas it was keystone cops every week until Taylor worked out his distances which was the main issue I had with him. Dyche managed to coach it out of him but clearly has his doubts over Taylor or we would have seen more of him this season. It’s funny how he brings the likes of Gibson in and they don’t get a sniff and yet an older left back replacement comes straight in...

Ric_C
Been Liked: 742 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Taylor, Bardsley and Wood in for Sat. We will stuff them

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:35 pm

He was injured wasn’t he?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:51 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:That’s good because as Dyche is a genius
You keep saying Dyche is a genius but he's the polar opposite in my opinion.
All his success has come from old fashioned methods and principles.

A genius would have to invent a new style that everyone copies. That's why Pep gets lauded with it a lot.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:52 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:That’s good because as Dyche is a genius what does that make me.

Dyche made his statement on Saturday so we’ll see what he does next. Once and for all I have nothing against Taylor, in fact he is chalk and cheese from this time last season. I rated him as between 6s and 8s from January and yet the usual bell ends come out with the smart remarks every week.

It’s a bit tiresome coming from someone that adds the square root of nothing to the board.

The whole back 4 were culpable on Saturday and Dyche said any one of them could have been hooked. Last season for the majority of the time until Christmas it was keystone cops every week until Taylor worked out his distances which was the main issue I had with him. Dyche managed to coach it out of him but clearly has his doubts over Taylor or we would have seen more of him this season. It’s funny how he brings the likes of Gibson in and they don’t get a sniff and yet an older left back replacement comes straight in...
It was a joke, lighten up.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:09 pm

You’re the joke on here, certainly one of them

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:02 am

Hibsclaret wrote:You’re the joke on here, certainly one of them
To be fair Hibs, the person who posted 10’s of times trying to convince this message board that an over the hill player who can barely get a start for the worst team in the championship should be our first choice left back, is the biggest joke.

Hibs, you sir, are a pathetic joke!

NL Claret
Been Liked: 515 times
Has Liked: 209 times

Post by NL Claret » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:45 am

Pieters is this season's UTC posters Joe Hart.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:12 am

Pieters has been fine. Lowtons been the worse of the bunch and even Mee and Tarks have contributed to more leaked goals. Liverpool and Chelsea unforced mistakes the prime examples.

As for McNeil. Posted on another thread. His stats in front of Pieters are no different to in front of Taylor. But don’t let this forum know that...

Pieters is this years scapegoat. At least it’s consistent though. Before Joe hart turned up it usually was the left back. Ward excepted.
Attachments
63FB81EA-A30E-4DF3-AA1F-BE414072A7DF.jpeg
63FB81EA-A30E-4DF3-AA1F-BE414072A7DF.jpeg (76.25 KiB) Viewed 1460 times

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:29 am

He wasn’t
SD has said a few times now that Taylor had a pre season injury and was 3 or 4 weeks behind the rest of the team so Pieters started as left back.
He kept the shirt after Taylor was fully fit because he had done well.
Lowts and Pieters have both had a few poor games recently and it would be no surprise if both were dropped. The difference is with Pieters is that he has a much better player waiting in the wings than Lowton does which may mean he is the one dropped. If Taylor was a right back there would be nothing between Lowton and Pieters as to who should lose their place.

It’s worrying Lowton has lost his form again - for me when he is playing well he offers the team a lot more than Bardsley with his quality going forward. When he is playing badly it’s a big issue for us because Bardsley is probably the better defender and also the way Bardsley plays he has can often get the team going with a great tackle etc.

Given this is at least the third time Lowton has lost his form in the last 18 months for me it’s time we look to invest in this position. Our full backs (as they are for most teams now) are key to how we play.

Anyway in 2 years time we will get Tripps back as long as SD is still here - those 2 have a father and son thing going on ! Tripps - best player I have seen in a burnley shirt.
These 2 users liked this post: Tricky Trevor cricketfieldclarets

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:37 pm

TVC15 wrote:He wasn’t
SD has said a few times now that Taylor had a pre season injury and was 3 or 4 weeks behind the rest of the team so Pieters started as left back.
He kept the shirt after Taylor was fully fit because he had done well.
Lowts and Pieters have both had a few poor games recently and it would be no surprise if both were dropped. The difference is with Pieters is that he has a much better player waiting in the wings than Lowton does which may mean he is the one dropped. If Taylor was a right back there would be nothing between Lowton and Pieters as to who should lose their place.

It’s worrying Lowton has lost his form again - for me when he is playing well he offers the team a lot more than Bardsley with his quality going forward. When he is playing badly it’s a big issue for us because Bardsley is probably the better defender and also the way Bardsley plays he has can often get the team going with a great tackle etc.

Given this is at least the third time Lowton has lost his form in the last 18 months for me it’s time we look to invest in this position. Our full backs (as they are for most teams now) are key to how we play.

Anyway in 2 years time we will get Tripps back as long as SD is still here - those 2 have a father and son thing going on ! Tripps - best player I have seen in a burnley shirt.
Great post. Well apart from Tripps. He will be too young in two years.

Having said that he is playing in red and white stripes now so hes an obvious signing :lol:

Notsosuperstevedavis
Been Liked: 101 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Notsosuperstevedavis » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:37 am

Sean has to keep many players happy. Even the ones not playing. You need to be able to justify yourself to the players for them to see that they are treated equally.

This is how a manager will get the best out of his staff.
I personally like this approach.

As said above, Pieters will likely be dropped and have a point to prove. But he will know its justified that Taylor gets his turn now. And a player that has a point to prove to get back in the side is the sort we need
With our budgets.

The only downside I see is that is as fans think it takes him too long to make his changes.

Its hardly rocket science.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:13 am

Notsosuperstevedavis wrote:Sean has to keep many players happy. Even the ones not playing. You need to be able to justify yourself to the players for them to see that they are treated equally.

This is how a manager will get the best out of his staff.
I personally like this approach.

As said above, Pieters will likely be dropped and have a point to prove. But he will know its justified that Taylor gets his turn now. And a player that has a point to prove to get back in the side is the sort we need
With our budgets.

The only downside I see is that is as fans think it takes him too long to make his changes.

Its hardly rocket science.
Its hard to argue Vydra has been treated equally.

Notsosuperstevedavis
Been Liked: 101 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Notsosuperstevedavis » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:37 pm

I’d agree. Vydra seems to be the exception to the rule.

I cant explain that one.
Its a shame. I’m sure he’d make an excellent link up player.
But it doesnt seem to suit our (Sean’s) system.