Ignorance of Hidden Disabilities - Paddy McGuinness

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2620 times
Has Liked: 6419 times

Ignorance of Hidden Disabilities - Paddy McGuinness

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:40 am

Not a big Paddy McGuinness fan but I have to acknowledge his response to this and applaud him and how he is highlight the issue. Questioning anyone who has a blue badge is terrible, If someone has a blue badge it is because they have a need for it. They dont need to be questioned about it when they use it. It really makes my blood boil when you get dickheads like this ignoramus doing this.

We are currently going through the mass of paperwork to apply for one for our 10 year old who is autistic, and trust me it isn't straight forward where we are. Our son ticks all the boxes for one, but there is still a process to follow. Incidents like this really worry us because I dont know how I will react (or more accurately I am not sure how the good lady will - she packs a punch...!).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07swygq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/PaddyMcGuinness/sta ... 5586046984" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Re: Ignorance of Hidden Disabilities - Paddy McGuinness

Post by IanMcL » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:41 pm

I do ponder why anyone other the physically disabled or their immediate family/carer justify a blue badge.

The spaces were for incapacity. That lack of mobility ensures a space.

Anyone mobile is surely able to get about?

Pet hate is the person who jumps out and runs off! I saw that at Leicester once. Man and son. They forgot something and legged it back too!

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:52 pm

As much as I dislike the fella and how he's stolen a living by having no talent whatsoever, along with poor spelling and grammar...

Actually that's it.

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1002 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:12 pm

Questioning anyone who has a blue badge is terrible, If someone has a blue badge it is because they have a need for it
Do you really belive there's no blue badge fraud?

The attached report is the first one google came up with but there are plenty more (175 people caught out just in Bromley in 3 years). https://www.bromley.gov.uk/press/articl ... ly_members
"Five more drivers have been caught and prosecuted for misusing a Blue Badge, and ordered to pay fines totalling £2,523.
In four of the cases, the drivers displayed Blue Badges belonging to family members while the fifth driver displayed a friend’s badge. In all cases, the drivers were caught while benefitting from parking concessions in the absence of the badge holder.
To date, more than 175 drivers have been prosecuted in Bromley for Blue Badge offences since the launch of the misuse campaign in 2016."

As per with benefits generally, the big majority will be above board and needing the benefit but there's no shortage of advantage-takers which will put doubt into people's minds.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:22 pm

LeadBelly wrote:Do you really belive there's no blue badge fraud?

The attached report is the first one google came up with but there are plenty more (175 people caught out just in Bromley in 3 years). https://www.bromley.gov.uk/press/articl ... ly_members
"Five more drivers have been caught and prosecuted for misusing a Blue Badge, and ordered to pay fines totalling £2,523.
In four of the cases, the drivers displayed Blue Badges belonging to family members while the fifth driver displayed a friend’s badge. In all cases, the drivers were caught while benefitting from parking concessions in the absence of the badge holder.
To date, more than 175 drivers have been prosecuted in Bromley for Blue Badge offences since the launch of the misuse campaign in 2016."

As per with benefits generally, the big majority will be above board and needing the benefit but there's no shortage of advantage-takers which will put doubt into people's minds.
That's for using a badge, allocated to someone else.

No-one has the right to question a blue badge holder though if they are the ones entitled to use it.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3845 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:33 pm

Spijed wrote:That's for using a badge, allocated to someone else.

No-one has the right to question a blue badge holder though if they are the ones entitled to use it.
It's quite strict rules.

To use a disabled bay or the blue badge. The person who owns the badge has to leave the car to use the shop.

It is for their benefit only.

There's not many resources to enforce it mind.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Remember reading somewhere that blue badge fraud is a massive problem in London.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:01 pm

IanMcL wrote:I do ponder why anyone other the physically disabled or their immediate family/carer justify a blue badge.

The spaces were for incapacity. That lack of mobility ensures a space.

Anyone mobile is surely able to get about?

Pet hate is the person who jumps out and runs off! I saw that at Leicester once. Man and son. They forgot something and legged it back too!
There are reasons other than mobility that mean someone could benefit from the use of a disabled spot. I raised the issue with my 10 year old with autism. Up until recently we have been able to use parent and toddler spaces at supermarkets etc which negates some of the issues we have and for what it's worth, unless you have experience of a child with Autism you wont understand the possibility of a meltdown through their stress and anxiety if things don't go to plan. A meltdown for someone with Autism can be as simple as just shutting down and not responding or a full on physical protest where they can hurt themselves or others. Or the risk of your child walking aimlessly in front of a car in the car park because they don't understand the danger. I could go on, and whilst my child is entitled to a blue badge I will claim one and use it.

In addition to this another hidden disability, which I suffer from and if I choose to apply I probably would get a blue badge, is bowel disease. To look at me I look normal but I can experience various issues including mobility issues when my disease is in a flare. I'm certain if I had a valid blue badge and you saw me park in a disabled spot, then saw me run off in a hurry you'd probably think I was abusing the system like the time you witnessed it at Leicester - but for me it would be a run to the loo so I don't experience losing the contents of my bowels away from a toilet. I'm sure you could understand that.

What I am saying is that the view that disabled spaces are for mobility reasons is dated and requires revising in peoples opinions, hence why I created the post to help raise awareness.

It is a similar thing with disabled toilets, the amount of times I've been chastised by someone for using a disabled toilet when I am entitled to use one would surprise you. It is almost every time, and just because I look fit and healthy does not mean that I am. Have you tried to change your clothes in a normal cubicle? Or had to wash yourself because of an accident (there are no sinks in a normal cubicle)? Until you need to you wouldn't understand why its little things like being able to have a bit more space than a normal loo is so beneficial.
These 19 users liked this post: IanMcL PremierLeagueClass conyoviejo spadesclaret Juan Tanamera Jakubs Tash cloughyclaret Spijed HunterST_BFC Bordeauxclaret BFCmaj Imploding Turtle longsidepies THEWELLERNUT70 Lord Beamish Fretters BertiesBeehole andyh Murger

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:02 pm

Blue badges appear to be dished out far to easily in this country, the high amount of disabled parking confirms this.

I have spent a lot of time driving in Spain over the last few years, where the number of disabled spaces and blue badge holders must be around 75% fewer than the UK
This user liked this post: Jakubclaret

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:19 pm

It’s absolutely disgusting to question anyone over their qualification for a blue badge. If indeed fraud is being committed that is due to the shortcomings of the due diligence carried out during the application process.

I would not have been able to show the same restraint Mr McGuinness displayed. The job done by so many carers is truly incredible and to treat them in this way is lower than low.
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller THEWELLERNUT70

Ric_C
Been Liked: 742 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Massive hate for Paddy on this forum. I don't quite get it. He was funny in Phoenix nights and Max and Paddy. He is a natural game show host, and by all accounts is good on Top Gear.

His stand up is absolutely atrocious I'll give you that.
This user liked this post: Fretters

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:22 pm

Top Claret wrote:Blue badges appear to be dished out far to easily in this country, the high amount of disabled parking confirms this.

I have spent a lot of time driving in Spain over the last few years, where the number of disabled spaces and blue badge holders must be around 75% fewer than the UK
Ignorant statement
These 8 users liked this post: PremierLeagueClass Rick_Muller spadesclaret Imploding Turtle conyoviejo Siddo BertiesBeehole andyh

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:00 pm

Slow news day it's just been mentioned on ITV news. A total non story.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:06 pm

joey13 wrote:Ignorant statement
Of course it's ignorant. Top Claret is easily the most openly ignorant and bigoted poster on here.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:29 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Slow news day it's just been mentioned on ITV news. A total non story.
Why is it a total non story? Because it doesn't directly affect you so you can't relate to it?

cloughyclaret
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 458 times

Post by cloughyclaret » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:48 pm

Rick - your post is spot on.
These 3 users liked this post: HunterST_BFC Rick_Muller conyoviejo

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2687 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:20 pm

Give me a call Rick,
I can possibly help you.
G

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8431 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:24 pm

Slightly different but it sort of fits the remit of the thread.

We met a couple on the cruise (I will call them Terry and Linda) Linda has a mobility problem and requires a scooter.
She came to the table each evening in the Restaurant, Terry and I helped her into her seat (she is able to walk very short distances) then Terry took her Scooter out of the Restaurant to leave room and not block the Aisle....

On the 3rd Evening Terry was fuming about someone who made a comment (sat at a table near the door) in a rather loud voice about the very "able bodied Man" who obviously didn't require a scooter riding one in and out of the Restaurant as Terry drove past.

Terry made a point (the next evening) of introducing Linda to said table the following evening, needless to say the chap who made the comment went bright red and stuttered an apology...

Have seen some people who may or may not require a blue badge using the spaces in car parks many times...

When my Mum was still alive we got one for her, and when we took her shopping used it... but never used it if she wasn't with us.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4071 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:34 pm

A slight digression... Are disabled toilets only for the use of disabled people, or can anyone use them?

Genuine question, not trying to wind anyone up, but I have always assumed (maybe wrongly) that anyone can use them, but they have been designed for ease of access for those who may find it difficult to use other facilities.

Having read Ricks post, I think now that maybe my assumption was wrong.

Anyway, like Ian I have always thought that it should only be the physically less able who should have the blue badge. I hadn't actually thought about Ricks case... it's a good point, fairly made.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:36 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:Why is it a total non story? Because it doesn't directly affect you so you can't relate to it?
Are you asking, or stating?

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:42 pm

bobinho wrote:A slight digression... Are disabled toilets only for the use of disabled people, or can anyone use them?

Genuine question, not trying to wind anyone up, but I have always assumed (maybe wrongly) that anyone can use them, but they have been designed for ease of access for those who may find it difficult to use other facilities.

Anyway, like Ian I have always thought that it should only be the physically less able who should have the blue badge. I hadn't actually thought about Ricks case... it's a good point, fairly made.
From my point of view, if you feel the need to use a disabled toilet then use it. All I’d ask is that you leave it clean for anyone else. Generally I use normal loos, but if I have any kind of urgency and the disabled loo is free I’ll use it, I do have a RADAR key of my own so I don’t have to go and ask for one.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:45 pm

bobinho wrote:A slight digression... Are disabled toilets only for the use of disabled people, or can anyone use them?

If no disabled people need to use the toilet at that time and you're in and out in 60 seconds, then common sense comes into play and there's no problem using it.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:59 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Are you asking, or stating?
I think question marks typically indicate a question has been asked.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:02 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:I think question marks typically indicate a question has been asked.
Ok - so it's a non story because IMO he's doing it to raise his profile. I don't like the guy and anything he ever does is for his benefit, and his benefit only. So it's not actually anything to do with the content of the story.

That's my take on it.

cloughyclaret
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 458 times

Post by cloughyclaret » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:07 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Ok - so it's a non story because IMO he's doing it to raise his profile. I don't like the guy and anything he ever does is for his benefit, and his benefit only. So it's not actually anything to do with the content of the story.

That's my take on it.
Dont agree on that one FF, the only one Ive seen interviewed about it was his wife. Who actually got quite upset.
If you think he's done that to raise his profile then you really do have a pretty low view of the guy. Not sure why.
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:07 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Ok - so it's a non story because IMO he's doing it to raise his profile. I don't like the guy and anything he ever does is for his benefit, and his benefit only. So it's not actually anything to do with the content of the story.

That's my take on it.
Fair enough. But the story has raised more awareness of a common situation and stigma to blue passes and more importantly hidden disabilities.

I can relate to what Rick Muller has been posting. I think the story is very newsworthy and certainly not a 'non story', as you suggest.

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2687 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:07 pm

Please don't let yet another thread (especially this one) decend into petty squabling ...

ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by ClaretDiver » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:23 pm

Top Claret wrote:Blue badges appear to be dished out far to easily in this country, the high amount of disabled parking confirms this.

Are you serious??? My ex had a massive stroke and could only walk about 5 steps...needed a wheelchair and we were denied!!

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:48 pm

That's my take on it.
Wow !
I get some people don’t like him but you seem to have an irrational hatred.
Why would you think something like this is to increase his profile. Sounds to me that he is using his own profile to raise awareness about an issue that is important to him and others in his position. He’s got 2 autistic children and listening to his wife they have a very difficult life as anybody would - the only way this would benefit himself is if it stopped anyone questioning their use of a blue badge again....even if it does it would be a very small improvement in their life and I am pretty sure he won’t be selling anymore tickets on the back of it !

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:03 pm

TVC15 wrote:Wow !
I get some people don’t like him but you seem to have an irrational hatred.
Why would you think something like this is to increase his profile. Sounds to me that he is using his own profile to raise awareness about an issue that is important to him and others in his position. He’s got 2 autistic children and listening to his wife they have a very difficult life as anybody would - the only way this would benefit himself is if it stopped anyone questioning their use of a blue badge again....even if it does it would be a very small improvement in their life and I am pretty sure he won’t be selling anymore tickets on the back of it !
You should know by now, I don't think you're exactly the most intelligent person on the planet.

And I don't wish to repeat myself, so you can either take it on board or disagree. I really don't care. What you've just said, as always, is a heap of shite.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:15 pm

FactualFrank wrote:You should know by now, I don't think you're exactly the most intelligent person on the planet.

And I don't wish to repeat myself, so you can either take it on board or disagree. I really don't care. What you've just said, as always, is a heap of shite.
Not very nice frank...

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:21 pm

tim_noone wrote:Not very nice frank...
And he's not been nice to me over the last few weeks, so couldn't care less.

You should know that I retaliate. I don't start something with someone, I react. So if I ever get into a tangle, they started it by making a comment.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:44 pm

ClaretDiver wrote:Are you serious??? My ex had a massive stroke and could only walk about 5 steps...needed a wheelchair and we were denied!!
They used to be a lot easier to get but now they have tightened up. A friend of a friend managed to walk the length of the corridor at the doctor's surgery, with difficulty, and was told that nowadays being able to walk that far is enough to disqualify you from a blue badge. On the other hand, people who already have them can (except in unusual circumstances) keep them as long as they haven't recovered, even if they wouldn't qualify if they applied now.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:54 pm

We really shouldn't call them disabled toilets. They have been classed as Accessable toilets for a while now.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:59 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:We really shouldn't call them disabled toilets. They have been classed as Accessable toilets for a while now.
I can access every toilet so not sure that one makes sense.

Surely, "Acesssible-depending-on-how-many-drinks-you-have-had", is better?

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:02 am

FactualFrank wrote:I can access every toilet so not sure that one makes sense.

Surely, "Acesssible-depending-on-how-many-drinks-you-have-had", is better?
You might be able to but not everyone can.

So accessable toilets have wider doors, more room, handrails etc.. and then everyone can access them.
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:03 am

Less abled is preferable to disabled...IMO

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:08 am

tim_noone wrote:Less abled is preferable to disabled...IMO
Not sure you can win with someone who has MS which I'm guessing is what you mean. We can try and see how it goes lol.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:08 am

FactualFrank wrote:You should know by now, I don't think you're exactly the most intelligent person on the planet.

Haha - compared to you I am Stephen f’in Hawkins.
Read my post again and the only thing I put forward - just like pretty much everyone else on this thread has done - is that I thought what he did was to increase awareness not increase his own profile.
The fact that you think he did it to increase his own profile pretty much sums up the type of person you are (or have become - as to be honest it’s only recently you seem to have gone batsh-it crazy)

spadesclaret
Been Liked: 2147 times
Has Liked: 3782 times

Post by spadesclaret » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:10 am

tim_noone wrote:Less abled is preferable to disabled...IMO
Less abled than who or what? There are degrees of less-abledness.

I have no objection whatsoever to being described as disabled. It's what I am.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:14 am

TVC15 wrote:Haha - compared to you I am Stephen f’in Hawkins.
Read my post again and the only thing I put forward - just like pretty much everyone else on this thread has done - is that I thought what he did was to increase awareness not increase his own profile.
The fact that you think he did it to increase his own profile pretty much sums up the type of person you are (or have become - as to be honest it’s only recently you seem to have gone batsh-it crazy)
Ha.. you know that isn't correct. You know I'm a far far far cleverer person than you, so that is a bit odd.

I don't need to read it again. You have a decent sense of humour and Only Fools is coming back so you might appreciate it. But that's as far as it goes.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:16 am

spadesclaret wrote:Less abled than who or what? There are degrees of less-abledness.

I think I read that you're in a wheelchair? Apologies if I got that totally wrong.
This user liked this post: spadesclaret

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 am

spadesclaret wrote:Less abled than who or what? There are degrees of less-abledness.

I am able bodied ...and you are less so. But it's fine if you've no objection to being called Disabled.Maam.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:17 am

FactualFrank wrote:Ha.. you know that isn't correct. You know I'm a far far far cleverer person than you, so that is a bit odd.

I don't need to read it again. You have a decent sense of humour and Only Fools is coming back so you might appreciate it. But that's as far as it goes.
Not strange at all FF.
You sound like you need a big hug.
Nite nite fella.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:22 am

TVC15 wrote:Not strange at all FF.
You sound like you need a big hug.
Nite nite fella.
I don't mind the Irony and like I say, our sense of humour is pretty much spot on, so I don't even have a problem with you.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:24 am

Anyone who can't run a marathon in less than 2 hours is "less abled" than Eliud Kipchoge. That's the problem with trying to define a word that means someone is unable to do something without actually saying they are unable to do something. It's trying to square a circle. Faffing about with different words because "disabled" is allegedly seen as an insult in certain circles, is generally futile.

The "disabled toilets" discussions on here ought to be futile as well. Unlike parking badges, there are no legal restrictions on who can use a disabled toilet, and there are no standard country-wide rules either. Wetherspoons in Colne has the main toilets upstairs, but the disabled toilet downstairs. If someone who walks with a stick and struggles with stairs uses the downstairs toilet, is anyone going to say "you can't, you haven't a blue badge"? Of course not. The "rules" for disabled toilets is that those who need them, can use them; those who don't, would politely be requested to keep them free for those who do.

It would be better if parking worked on that basis too; but people can't be trusted to make it work without hard and fast rules. Unfortunately.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:22 am

dsr wrote:Anyone who can't run a marathon in less than 2 hours is "less abled" than Eliud Kipchoge. That's the problem with trying to define a word that means someone is unable to do something without actually saying they are unable to do something. It's trying to square a circle. Faffing about with different words because "disabled" is allegedly seen as an insult in certain circles, is generally futile.

The "disabled toilets" discussions on here ought to be futile as well. Unlike parking badges, there are no legal restrictions on who can use a disabled toilet, and there are no standard country-wide rules either. Wetherspoons in Colne has the main toilets upstairs, but the disabled toilet downstairs. If someone who walks with a stick and struggles with stairs uses the downstairs toilet, is anyone going to say "you can't, you haven't a blue badge"? Of course not. The "rules" for disabled toilets is that those who need them, can use them; those who don't, would politely be requested to keep them free for those who do.

It would be better if parking worked on that basis too; but people can't be trusted to make it work without hard and fast rules. Unfortunately.
I've followed this thread with interest but I don't recall anyone claiming that you need to have a blue badge to use the disabled toilets.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:46 am

Not sure on Spain, I get very annoyed when I'm struggling for parking & I see all the unoccupied disability spaces in the supermarket (everywhere) even at night I won't use them, do we need so many free spaces not being used, I'm sympathetic to people who genuinely have disabilities, it does make you wonder if lazy people who can't be arsed to walk are getting them undeservedly.

1HappyClaret
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by 1HappyClaret » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:34 am

Rules on blue badges have now changed and more people with hidden disabilities will be able to apply for one. This now covers people with mental health issues.

I am a blue badge holder and had one for over 15 years and my disability is a visual impairment so sometimes it looks strange when we park in a disabled bay because I just get out and walk to the shops with no issue. Things have now changed after Inhad a serious injury and struggle to walk so now it looks more genuine.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 997 times
Has Liked: 2007 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:15 am

That's my take on it.
I dont quite get this sentiment.

A high profile tv star raising awareness about a situation that his family have experienced, which in turn then becomes s news story and has far more outreach than say if Mr Wellernut encounters a similar situation. Hopefully PG's actions will bring attention to this and perhaps minimise these sorts of incidents happening to Joe Public

But I suppose in some people's eyes he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't
This user liked this post: cloughyclaret