Bravo VAR

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Bravo VAR

Post by IanMcL » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:07 pm

No not praising VAR. Claudio Bravo, the inept reserve keeper, mate of Pep, for Man City, came flying several yards outside his box. Their man kick the ball past him Bravo goes down but nowhere near it. Their man goes flying and Bravo is gogo.

Replay shows Bravo realises he is in danger and makes himself into a ball. Their man wants the touch so starts to go down but has to reach over at the last, or there would be no contact st all.

Red card....VAR....decision upheld CAR pointless.

Kyle Walker makes 2 'saves'. 2 more than Pep's mate.
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Re: Bravo VAR

Post by Spiral » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:26 pm

Hilarious game of football. The two back-to-back incidents in the first half actually show VAR at its best when used properly. Sterling running at such a pace it's difficult to determine in real time where the foul was committed, VAR quickly corrects the penalty call and awards free kick. That free kick results in the ball being hit into a crowd, VAR notices handball, ref checks on pitch side TV screen and awards pen almost instantly. In total a break of about two minutes of play, but the correct decisions awarded. Can't believe Atalanta didn't have any pop-shots at Walker, granted they only had about three minutes of possession. Just pepper the box, for Christ's sake.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 pm

You brought up about contact in a thread t’other day, Ian, but I’m sure, when Ronaldo was getting lots of stick at ManU, the refs said there doesn’t have to be contact if you are avoiding possible injury. That was a potentially damaging slide from Bravo. I didn’t think he was that quick.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:06 am

I was gobsmacked but ultimately not too surprised when it was upheld. I didnt think it was red on first viewing. There was minimal if any contact with the player and in my opinion a clear dive. So much so he goes looking for contact with Bravo despite not being close to him as Bravo curls up to protect himself. Perhaps his boot catches Bravo in the head but it is a glancing touch. He could easily have skipped over him and rolled the ball into an empty net but chose the cheaters way out.
Bravo was foolish to rush out yes but despite there being no clear contact on replays he still gets sent off. What exactly are the VAR referees seeing??

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:12 am

City have updated their website :lol:
Attachments
Screenshot_20191107-001044_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20191107-001044_Samsung Internet.jpg (283.64 KiB) Viewed 371 times