this is how good this boy is

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bobinho
Been Liked: 4107 times
Has Liked: 6590 times

Re: this is how good this boy is

Post by bobinho » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:18 am

And tripps.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 922 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:40 am

Rileybobs wrote:How come? Genuine question because I’ve not seen any of the action since leaving the game.
If VAR is used as it was yesterday by drawing lines across a screen for 3.5 minutes to judge whether Wood was 1mm offside, then its ludicrous and needs scrapping now. The decision should rest with the onfield officials who saw nothing wrong with the goal. Football isn't about hight precision like this. OUT WITH VAR and why Sean Dyche supports it I can't understand.
This user liked this post: basil6345789

Stayingup
Been Liked: 922 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:42 am

McNiel was brillinat in what was a very efficient yeam performance against I have to say a weak opposition. McNeil gets fouls given against him too, which is good, unlike Barnes. But Barnes is clever and can buy the odd one haha

Edited for Bosscat. With a note to say White Witch has long lasting effects!!!
Last edited by Stayingup on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:31 am

Stayingup wrote:McNiel was brillinat in what was a very efficient yeam performance against I have to say a weak opposition. McNeil gets fouls given against him too, which is good, unlike Barnes. But Barnes is ckever and can buy the odd one haha
Did Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky inspire you m8 I love typos .....

Twas Brillinat and the Efficient Yeam was Ckever....

Am only joshing Stayingup m8 ;)
These 2 users liked this post: Stayingup Lord Beamish

basil6345789
Been Liked: 482 times
Has Liked: 2292 times

Post by basil6345789 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:28 am

Stayingup wrote:If VAR is used as it was yesterday by drawing lines across a screen for 3.5 minutes to judge whether Wood was 1mm offside, then its ludicrous and needs scrapping now. The decision should rest with the onfield officials who saw nothing wrong with the goal. Football isn't about hight precision like this. OUT WITH VAR and why Sean Dyche supports it I can't understand.
I have long said that the ref's purpose is to apply the laws of the game to the best of his ability and not necessarily get every decision perfect. That said with the pitch side technology he should be at liberty together with the 4th official, to check for a small number of defined aspects. He should certainly not be going back a move or two earlier. He should have 30 seconds to decide, given that the 4th official will already be doing the preparatory stuff as the ref runs across to him.