Fly tipping Long Causeway

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Foreverly Claret
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Fly tipping Long Causeway

Post by Foreverly Claret » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:49 pm

For the last two weeks I've been travelling backwards and forwards to Blackburn and Burnley from West Yorkshire because my wife's in hospital ( now in Burnley ) and I've tried every possible way because Mytholmroyd is a bloody nightmare..for home games I usually do M62 to Milnrow then go round Holiingworth Lake to Littleborough then Tod then Gods Own Country but coming back today after visiting I decided to go over the tops to Hebden Bridge via Blackshaw Head.

The fly tipping en route is disgusting..it looks like somebody has had a back seat full of shite which has been chucked out of the car whilst moving .I know posters will know of loads of different instances around the country but what the bloody hell is wrong with Society these days ?

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2004 times
Has Liked: 3336 times

Re: Fly tipping Long Causeway

Post by Dark Cloud » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:04 pm

I noticed a television today, dumped on the pavement close to The Ridge. The tip is probably less than a mile away. I really don't get it and I too find it utterly disgusting!!

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:37 pm

some **** recently drove down a tiny lane in huncoat and tipped the chemical contents of 4 fifty gallon drums which ended up in a nearby stream.
filthy, uncaring ******** everywhere, and it costs millions each year cleaning it all up. And we all pay for this mess to be dealt with.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:44 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:some **** recently drove down a tiny lane in huncoat and tipped the chemical contents of 4 fifty gallon drums which ended up in a nearby stream.
filthy, uncaring ******** everywhere, and it costs millions each year cleaning it all up. And we all pay for this mess to be dealt with.
I know this will set the IT crowd flapping but I would ask the nationality of said fly tippers after watching Claimed and Shamed on TV..... this problem seems to have increased exponentially.... in recent years.....
This user liked this post: lesxdp

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:48 pm

I've seen programmes where the authorities hide cameras to catch these types of ****. I wonder if the fines could be increased to such a degree so that it could justify more of it and catch more people. Fine them £20,000 if caught.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:50 pm

FactualFrank wrote: Fine them £20,000 if caught.
They do Frank ... but most have no money (well none in the bank.... Cash only with **** like that)

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Bosscat wrote:They do ... Frank but most have no money (well none in the bank.... Cash only with **** like that)
Yeah I know, it's a viscous circle. I'd say take their house off them, but then that brings on more problems.

It's easy to take it to the bloody tip and they help you move everything out of the vehicle.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:57 pm

We have a council recycling centre in Settle that takes 99% of household wastes.... sofas, beds, tv's, fridges etc etc etc... the only thing is bags of rubble etc we have to pay to dispose of that.....

We take bigger stuff in a trailer and like you say they help empty the trailer ....

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 pm

A heavy fine, in the thousands of pounds category, vehicle crushed along with some lengthy community service (litter picking and cleaning up after fly tippers) and this is for the first offence. Another heavy fine and jail time for a repeat offence.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat jrtod61

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:15 pm

[quote="Foreverly Claret"]For the last two weeks I've been travelling backwards and forwards to Blackburn and Burnley from West Yorkshire because my wife's in hospital ( now in Burnley ) and I've tried every possible way because Mytholmroyd is a bloody nightmare..for home games I usually do M62 to Milnrow then go round Holiingworth Lake to Littleborough then Tod then Gods Own Country but coming back today after visiting I decided to go over the tops to Hebden Bridge via Blackshaw Head.

I do love Hollingworth Lake, used to go on the motor boats as a kid usually breaking down! Also used to stay at the Caravan site every Easter in the 80's

jjclaret
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by jjclaret » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:21 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:A heavy fine, in the thousands of pounds category, vehicle crushed along with some lengthy community service (litter picking and cleaning up after fly tippers) and this is for the first offence. Another heavy fine and jail time for a repeat offence.
Why crush the vehicle? Impound it, sell it and put the money towards clean up costs.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:25 pm

jjclaret wrote:Why crush the vehicle? Impound it, sell it and put the money towards clean up costs.
Have you seen the vehicles they use on the programmes on TV they are worth more crushed :lol: and scrapped
This user liked this post: jjclaret

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:27 pm

I passed a group of CS lads the other day they looked like there was dealing with the problem locally, when you come across the cheap FB ads at unbelievable prices for shifting stuff, you often wonder where it ends up taking into account the restrictions on vans, trailers, permits & trade waste.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:I passed a group of CS lads the other day they looked like there was dealing with the problem locally, when you come across the cheap FB ads at unbelievable prices for shifting stuff, you often wonder where it ends up taking into account the restrictions on vans, trailers, permits & trade waste.
I do wonder why somebody would pay somebody else to remove an item, when 9 times out of 10 you could put it on something such as Ebay as free. The person collecting should either want it for their own place, or think they can sell it on.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:58 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I do wonder why somebody would pay somebody else to remove an item, when 9 times out of 10 you could put it on something such as Ebay as free. The person collecting should either want it for their own place, or think they can sell it on.
They do go through the binbags trying to trace the waste origin to prosecute but most of time paperwork isn't there, most of items I see dumped on the Moors ect are the mattresses & settees large bulky items.

ICL
Been Liked: 149 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by ICL » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:12 pm

I’ve also come back home over Blackshaw Head from Hebden Bridge tonight. I was astonished to see the number of burst black bags apparently containing domestic rubbish, scattered by the side of the road.
Who goes up there to dump rubbish and why? :x

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:32 am

ICL wrote:I’ve also come back home over Blackshaw Head from Hebden Bridge tonight. I was astonished to see the number of burst black bags apparently containing domestic rubbish, scattered by the side of the road.
Who goes up there to dump rubbish and why? :x
The only possible explanation I can think of to that is that there's been some kind of a house party & as a result have created more excess waste than normal & more than the amount the local council are willing to shift in a weekly/fortnightly collection, & rather than storing it have decided to dump it. Just a guess. Load the boot & take the dog for a walk & kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:10 am

Jakubclaret wrote:The only possible explanation I can think of to that is that there's been some kind of a house party & as a result have created more excess waste than normal & more than the amount the local council are willing to shift in a weekly/fortnightly collection, & rather than storing it have decided to dump it. Just a guess. Load the boot & take the dog for a walk & kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Then if they have a vehicle to take said rubbish up to the moors .. then why not take it to a recycling/waste management center...

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Bosscat wrote:Then if they have a vehicle to take said rubbish up to the moors .. then why not take it to a recycling/waste management center...
I honestly don't know, judging by the posters geographical reference I'm assuming it's calderdale council, I'm not familiar with the HWRC sites over that way, I said house party because of Halloween & bonfire night & it's a more likely assumption. Maybe just easier & more convenient to dump than go to a site & maybe couldn't make it with the opening times.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:51 pm

I believe most tips now accept low trailers full of any old crap, I’ve seen endless trannies ( vans not hairy arsed blokes in skirts n lipstick ) queing up at Rochdale tip for the “ non recycle “ containers . They’ll park outside and carry/trolley it in. Or regular vehicles with long low cage style trailers again full of obvious house clearances .perhaps tips are told to turn a blind eye with so much fly tipping ? Also gypos are not the easiest to track down

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2004 times
Has Liked: 3336 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Ironically, I actually saw and randomly chatted to a really sound bloke up at the causeway car park recently who was in the process of clearing away a load of fly tipped rubbish. He worked for a contractor (on the vehicle, but don't remember who) and it was their job was to travel round and clear up after such illegal tipping. He said visiting that particular car park took up a great deal of his time tbh and was always full of the weird and wonderful. He was dealing with a 3 piece suite among loads of other tat when I nattered to him and we both agreed the whole thing is getting ridiculous. I'm not sure which council were employing the company (Burnley or Calderdale?) but that's people's council tax having to pay for that!!