BFC TRANSFER NEWS Jan 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1882 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS Jan 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 pm

Andreshotboots wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:48 pm
Or how Heaton,Pope, Tarky, Cork, Trippier and Keane have played for England after signing for us.. always some bad stories but lots of good ones too..
Yeh but apart from those examples what exactly has Dyche done for players he has signed!
These 2 users liked this post: TVC15 JohnDearyMe

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:40 pm
Or maybe he hasn't been good enough to displace one of the current players.....
Maybe so, or maybe Dyche just isn't willing to drop Ben Mee under any circumstances, even with a potentially better player waiting in the wings? I guess we'll never know will we?

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:56 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 pm
Maybe so, or maybe Dyche just isn't willing to drop Ben Mee under any circumstances, even with a potentially better player waiting in the wings? I guess we'll never know will we?
Probably best trusting the bloke who sees them in training everyday at a guess.
This user liked this post: levraiclaret

summitclaret
Been Liked: 833 times
Has Liked: 1324 times

Post by summitclaret » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Plus Ings

Steve-Harpers-perm

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:08 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:05 pm
Plus Ings
Can we stop naming players he has developed its not fitting the current narrative.
These 2 users liked this post: levraiclaret JohnDearyMe

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 pm

Not to mention Vokes, Jones, Arfield, Dean Marney, George Boyd - who were all players who had played for a few clubs and not pulled up that many trees and I would say that everyone of them would say that the peak of their form and career was their time under Dyche at Burnley.

As would arguably Andre Gray and a few others too.
These 2 users liked this post: levraiclaret JohnDearyMe

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 128 times

Post by KlyBfc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:20 pm

I just don’t get the Vydra love in and how fans are believing that the greatest manger of most of our life times is so wrong about a player. Vydra had his chance to play as the striker dropping in to help the midfield last season and away at Cardiff he was absolutely awful. He was lazy, poorly positioned and poor on the ball. Since that day (and despite us winning) Dyche hasn’t given him a look in, and that’s highly likely because he feels he can’t be trusted to do what’s asked (and on that showing I’d agree). He then doesn’t fit how we play. He also hasn’t taken any of his chances in the cup games and I just don’t know why people think he’s good enough (he certainly wasn’t in the prem for WBA or Watford who got shut). He’s like many other footballers a very good championship player but he ain’t going to leave us and join a premier league team because he just ain’t good enough.

Gibson is slightly unfortunate in that he’d have probably got in pre Christmas (October time) last season but then got injured (groins I think) and on Boxing Day he was part of the calamity against Everton. Ben Mee was then excellent the rest of the season as we returned to what we know. This season ben has been decent with the odd blip but not enough to deserve being dropped (when midfield and fullbacks aren’t showing up) for a player who when given his chance in the cups hasn’t looked like being any better than Ben. Gibson is another though who had a chance to impress v Sunderland and was absolutely rank.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:31 pm

KlyBfc wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:20 pm
I just don’t get the Vydra love in and how fans are believing that the greatest manger of most of our life times is so wrong about a player. Vydra had his chance to play as the striker dropping in to help the midfield last season and away at Cardiff he was absolutely awful. He was lazy, poorly positioned and poor on the ball. Since that day (and despite us winning) Dyche hasn’t given him a look in, and that’s highly likely because he feels he can’t be trusted to do what’s asked (and on that showing I’d agree). He then doesn’t fit how we play. He also hasn’t taken any of his chances in the cup games and I just don’t know why people think he’s good enough (he certainly wasn’t in the prem for WBA or Watford who got shut). He’s like many other footballers a very good championship player but he ain’t going to leave us and join a premier league team because he just ain’t good enough.

Gibson is slightly unfortunate in that he’d have probably got in pre Christmas (October time) last season but then got injured (groins I think) and on Boxing Day he was part of the calamity against Everton. Ben Mee was then excellent the rest of the season as we returned to what we know. This season ben has been decent with the odd blip but not enough to deserve being dropped (when midfield and fullbacks aren’t showing up) for a player who when given his chance in the cups hasn’t looked like being any better than Ben. Gibson is another though who had a chance to impress v Sunderland and was absolutely rank.

We won 3 league games in the first half of last season, and Vydra started 2 of them so he can't have been that bad. How many stinkers have Barnes and Wood had in that time? It just seems like certain players have to jump through hoops to impress Dyche while others are immune from being dropped and keep their shirt no matter what.
This user liked this post: houseboy

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:32 pm

Vydra had his chance to play as the striker dropping in to help the midfield last season and away at Cardiff he was absolutely awful. He was lazy, poorly positioned and poor on the ball......Wow blown out after one poor game by Dyche yet he plays cork westwood hendrick ect year after year.

I just don’t know why people think he’s good enough (he certainly wasn’t in the prem for WBA or Watford who got shut). He’s like many other footballers a very good championship player but he ain’t going to leave us and join a premier league team because he just ain’t good enough......so why did Dyche buy him if he's not prem quality for wba or watford ??? Does that make a bad manager that can't spend money, looks like it.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:39 pm

KlyBfc wrote:

Exactly this.
We were awful in that away win v Cardiff. They should have beaten us easily.
Vydra also started against Barnsley in the cup and got outmuscled by a centre half nobody had ever heard of at the time....or since !

Bigvince
Been Liked: 935 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:44 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:44 pm
This guy fits the bill,experienced,work rate and cheap.
https://images.app.goo.gl/LRxe1xFMhFSHvNUdA
Yeah! A post with a link in it :D

Wuggawumphwumph
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by Wuggawumphwumph » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:03 pm

Brownhill and elliason both started for bcfc tonight

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:08 pm

I think that you’ll find that this was pointed out a couple of hours ago,

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 673 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:09 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:39 pm
Exactly this.
We were awful in that away win v Cardiff. They should have beaten us easily.
Vydra also started against Barnsley in the cup and got outmuscled by a centre half nobody had ever heard of at the time....or since !
Vydra also started v West Ham away last season. Another non-perfomance in the Premier League for this amazing no 10 who has never been able to cut it in the Premier League.

Wuggawumphwumph
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by Wuggawumphwumph » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:11 pm

dermotdermot wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:08 pm
I think that you’ll find that this was pointed out a couple of hours ago,
Cheers pal

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 pm

And in a losing team too. Both Brizzles out of FA Cup tonight

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:48 pm

sounds perfect for us, utter crap against lower league opposition in the cup - sign him on !
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:56 pm

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 pm
And in a losing team too. Both Brizzles out of FA Cup tonight
All that means is we'll have to play in the FA cup final without the likes of Josh Brownhill.

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 128 times

Post by KlyBfc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:56 pm

Jrbfc surely the fact we won and he still got dropped tells you how bad he was v Cardiff. People keep beating Dyche with the loyalty stick yet he changed a winning team and decided not to pick Vydra again. I’d go back and watch that first half and see how bad he was and as others have pointed out it’s not just that game. I might be wrong but I’m sure some comments came out questioning his attitude as well shorty after the Cardiff win (I could be wrong though).

As for the others, I’m not part of the Barnes can do no wrong fan club by any means, whatever people think about their performance levels and abilities one thing you could never throw at Barnes and Wood is that they don’t follow team instructions. Despite how poor they are at times they do put effort in and they do what Dyche wants them to do for the team.

Anyway hopefully we get Brownhill in and possibly another player with something to prove and who gives us a different option.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2461 times
Has Liked: 1992 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:56 pm

I feel for Vydra. Why was he signed? We all knew his previous so the management must have. He was highly unlikely to ever be an SD regular. I’d love to know who threw his name into the conversation or were we just going for a hat-trick of Championship top scorers?
This user liked this post: Wokingclaret

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by alboclaret » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:15 pm

Dyche bought vydra. If hes not up to it he should get shut and replace.
We are shocking going forward so some fans want us to shake it up. It's no good bringin him on when the game is gone. He should be given a go for 3/4 starts alongside wood or even jrod whilst wood might be carrying a knock.

Nothing to loose at the minute with getting mcneil a slightly free role and jay and vydra.....it would force us to play it on the floor a bit more which I actually believe we can do.
In fact I think we are better at that than we have been with hoofball recently
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:28 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:48 pm
sounds perfect for us, utter crap against lower league opposition in the cup - sign him on !
They only had two shots on target... should be able to fit straight in to our system.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 977 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:38 pm

With Vydra being so awful from day one he was a rank bad signing wasn't he?

Unable to fit into our system, lazy, easily outmuscled off the ball, poor positioning, dreadful on the ball.

Does Dyche never go and watch potential signings play before they arrive through the door?
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:51 pm

KlyBfc wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:56 pm
Jrbfc surely the fact we won and he still got dropped tells you how bad he was v Cardiff. People keep beating Dyche with the loyalty stick yet he changed a winning team and decided not to pick Vydra again. I’d go back and watch that first half and see how bad he was and as others have pointed out it’s not just that game. I might be wrong but I’m sure some comments came out questioning his attitude as well shorty after the Cardiff win (I could be wrong though).

As for the others, I’m not part of the Barnes can do no wrong fan club by any means, whatever people think about their performance levels and abilities one thing you could never throw at Barnes and Wood is that they don’t follow team instructions. Despite how poor they are at times they do put effort in and they do what Dyche wants them to do for the team.

Anyway hopefully we get Brownhill in and possibly another player with something to prove and who gives us a different option.
Let's be fair we were awful pretty much the entire first half of last season, Cardiff wasn't really an exception. It's clear Vydra is never going to feature for us, it's best for all parties that he moves on as soon as possible now.

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:59 pm

KlyBfc wrote:

Looking back at the ratings for the match viewtopic.php?t=33078 including your own KlyBfc most of the team except Joe Hart should never play for Burnley again like Vydra if you are judging him off one game.

You put back then on the game rating Vydra 5 "not much to work with".

.....so not his fault is it if the rest of the team was poor.

Today you put "away at Cardiff he was absolutely awful. He was lazy, poorly positioned and poor on the ball"

.....Make your mind up was it just him or the whole team
This user liked this post: Cleveleys_claret

hoskinsgoalatswansea
Been Liked: 115 times
Has Liked: 240 times

Post by hoskinsgoalatswansea » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:55 am

KlyBfc wrote:

I don’t believe it is a ‘Vydra love in’, I think the fans are using it as a vehicle to have a pop at Dyche/the club/lack of transfers/anything. It’s just a stick to beat them with.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:15 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:59 pm
Looking back at the ratings for the match viewtopic.php?t=33078 including your own KlyBfc most of the team except Joe Hart should never play for Burnley again like Vydra if you are judging him off one game.

You put back then on the game rating Vydra 5 "not much to work with".

.....so not his fault is it if the rest of the team was poor.

Today you put "away at Cardiff he was absolutely awful. He was lazy, poorly positioned and poor on the ball"

.....Make your mind up was it just him or the whole team

Ah.........Touché!

Bullabill
Been Liked: 302 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Bullabill » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:24 am

Methinks KlyBfc is full of bullshit.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4185 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:55 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:51 pm
Let's be fair we were awful pretty much the entire first half of last season, Cardiff wasn't really an exception. It's clear Vydra is never going to feature for us, it's best for all parties that he moves on as soon as possible now.
Shouldn't you take your own advice and move on then and quit moaning he isn't getting a game.

You are like that clown shouting "stop brexit" for the last few years only yours is "play Vydra / play Gibson". A little disappointed you haven't let us know your protest plans on Sunday though. I mean you are going aren't you ?
This user liked this post: creepingdeath

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:57 am

warksclaret wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:37 pm
This is starting to sound familiar
-show interest, make nominal bid, the situation goes quiet, meanwhile it alerts other clubs who know exactly what to bid, then we go quiet and the other club seals it. Hope I am wrong
How much is this nominal bid we have made ? Don't you think when any club like ours bids for a player the players agent has already let others know his player is available ?

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1112 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:01 am

KlyBfc wrote:

What about the game before when he also started and scored against Bournemouth ??

So my second point is then why buy him ??????

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:10 am

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:09 pm
Vydra also started v West Ham away last season. Another non-perfomance in the Premier League for this amazing no 10 who has never been able to cut it in the Premier League.
So why did the greatest manager of all time to some on here buy him for 13 million ????

LawsCanalJump
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by LawsCanalJump » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:12 am

Can we make a thread about vydra?
I don't see any links

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:10 am
So why did the greatest manager of all time to some on here buy him for 13 million ????
He didn't

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:15 am

Most people gave Vydra on average 8 against Bournemouth viewtopic.php?t=32873 .....yet according to some on here he should be sold and never play for Burnley again because of a poor game v Cardiff (apart from Hart the entire team that day were crap) and they also say he hasn't taken his chance in cup games, well for the few minutes he's played in six cup and Europa games he's scored 1 and assisted 2.
Last edited by ClaretMov on Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:28 am, edited 5 times in total.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:16 am

Villa are after Steven NZonzi - a player we could do with.
The Vydra ‘love in’ is more about fans desperate for change and wanting to see players given a chance generally not specifically Vydra. ( ie 3 starts in a row at least ) if we are getting thrashed week in week out and not in games and creating no chances then why not ? Think Dyche is aware of this and doesn’t like being questioned by fans which he is not used to. Its not evident he’s questioned much by Garlick.

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:19 am

:lol: :( ;)
claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 am
He didn't
ha ok if you believe that

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:22 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:19 am
:lol: :( ;)

ha ok if you believe that
Don't need to believe anything your sentence is factually incorrect, not my fault you add a couple of extra million to someones fee to help with your weird agenda

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:31 am

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:22 am
Don't need to believe anything your sentence is factually incorrect, not my fault you add a couple of extra million to someones fee to help with your weird agenda
ok he signed him for 11 million i added the rest in wages

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:32 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:31 am
ok he signed him for 11 million i added the rest in wages
:D :D :D

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:35 am

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:32 am
:D :D :D
Lets get one thing straight this manager has wasted a hell of a lot of money yet people call out Garlick for not giving him anymore - as i would not.

Lets see out this season and if he stay up or go down i really think its the end of the road for Dyche - not that the club will sack him more that he will leave for a new challenge.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:37 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:35 am
Lets get one thing straight this manager has wasted a hell of a lot of money yet people call out Garlick for not giving him anymore - as i would not.

Lets see out this season and if he stay up or go down i really think its the end of the road for Dyche - not that the club will sack him more that he will leave for a new challenge.
Have you any idea on his net spend in his time with the club ?

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 673 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:00 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:35 am

Maybe Dyche took a bit of a gamble on Vydra when he realised he couldn't get Rodriguez (as many have suggested previously). Nobody knows. But there's a reason why Vydra gets so little game time.

Name me a manager that has never made a mistake or taken a gamble? Name me a manager that has never wasted any money? Do you think it's a realistic expectation of yours for Dyche to get every single signing correct?

And, for balance, I'm sure you'll mention all the good signings he's made, right?
This user liked this post: JohnDearyMe

BOYSIE31

Post by BOYSIE31 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:14 am

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:37 am
Have you any idea on his net spend in his time with the club ?
Not got time but im sure someone on here will be able to get that figure - its the money spent with nothing in return im worried about and every fan should feel the same - none of this he is allowed this and that - the club on a whole on recruitment has been woeful end off

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:16 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:14 am
Not got time but im sure someone on here will be able to get that figure - its the money spent with nothing in return im worried about and every fan should feel the same - none of this he is allowed this and that - the club on a whole on recruitment has been woeful end off
Make it easier for you then, no need for adding up or listing loads of players. Name 1 manager with a 100% success rate in the transfer market

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:24 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:14 am
We've had five years (and counting) of PL football and two promotions from the Championship in return.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:52 am

Why are people missing the obvious point about Vydra? He appears to be a little off the pace at times when he has played but what do you expect, has no-one heard of match fitness? He's not gonna turn in world class performances when he gets 3 minutes a month on the pitch. He NEEDS to play and when he doesn't get to start when half our other strikers are injured it says to me it's more personal than anything else. Why start with one striker at Chelsea when two have been failing to score? What has Barnes done in the last two months, and only injury has kept him out? JR hasn't exactly set the world on fire (but to be fair he's not done too badly considering he doesn't get too much time either).

There is no 'Vydra love-in' as has been said, it's just people getting sick to death of failing players getting too much game time when others, who have proved themselves at other clubs, are getting none. Dyche is a good manager and I hope he turns this around but his failure/unwillingness to change things when they are obviously not working is astounding. Even in a game he sits and watches crap then brings on a sub with 15 minutes to go - too little too late.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

99 pages of frustration at not signing anyone

Post by Steddyman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:57 am

Renamed the thread. Seems more appropriate

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 am

Vydra was brilliant in the Championship, so we signed him and for whatever reason it's not worked out.
Andre Gray was brilliant in the Championship, so we signed him and he did very well for us
Chris Wood was brilliant in the Championship, so we signed him overall he's done well for us.

Some signings work, some don't. But it certainly wasn't a blind signing for Vydra, as he's shown what he can do, just like Wood and Gray did.

Now, can we not just go back to actual BFC Transfer Rumours/Updates?

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:00 am

According to three or four sources I was reading last night it sounds like Brownhill is a pretty much done deal at around 6m. It was even suggested he would play this weekend but unless Dyche breaks the habit of a lifetime I can't see that happening. Could be interesting though.