BFC TRANSFER NEWS Jan 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS Jan 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by Steddyman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:26 pm

Reckoner wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:26 pm
Unfortunately most of the regular contributors to this board are just miserable human beings looking for any reason to complain or whinge. Its just their inherent nature. The same ones complaining about the attempts to control the financial side of the club would be the first ones crying if we went down and were burdened financially, like so many clubs have done in the past after gambling with moneys paid on fees and wages. The reality is at some stage we will be relegated and this year is a possibility. Of all the teams in the Premier League how many have never been in the Championship or lower i the last 15 years or so? Probably only the traditional big 6 and Everton, and Everton have skirted it at least a couple of times. So to think a club with our finances should gamble and risk a much bigger slide than a relegation to the Championship is just idiotic.

Its a difficult patch, and the football isn't amazing on the eye at the moment because things aren't clicking, we've had players suffering with injuries and confidence is low.

Given what the board and the management teams (and I include Coyle and Howe in this) have done to get the results on and off the pitch that we have in the last 10 years, I think the very least they deserve is respect, trust and support rather than a pathetic charade of trying to pick holes and find fault in decisions where people haven't the slightest idea of the details.
If we were back at the bottom of Leauge 2 in 5 years time, these same happy clappers will tell you this is our natural level and to continue to support the board and the managers successful strategy. We'd still all be unrealistic whingers.

In my mind, wanting the club to turn things around, compete more without going down with a whimper is showing true passion for the club we love.
These 3 users liked this post: cockneyclaret Sproggy claretfern

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8707 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:26 pm

Goobs wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:08 pm
But we have spent money and when it hasn't worked (Gibson, Vydra etc) those that like a moan then complain we have wasted money and should be spending even more which isn't always viable.

The reality is that we are unlikely to be able to much improve the squad we have without either getting very lucky or spending massively.
The fact that they do not feature often in the first team, does not make them valueless. Without a squad, one day we would not be able to field a team or train effectively.
These 2 users liked this post: Goobs BertiesBeehole

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:30 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:00 pm
I'm not on drugs!........But you have been a continuous Whiner on here for weeks now...I haven't seen much "constructive criticism" as much as i've seen continual criticism!
It's far more constructive to want the club to sign players and move the team forwards than it is to accept everything Dyche and the club does as gospel.

What's constructive about accepting our lot and hoping for the best?
These 4 users liked this post: joey13 Sproggy snapcrackleandpop claretfern

Goobs
Been Liked: 1465 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by Goobs » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:57 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:26 pm
The fact that they do not feature often in the first team, does not make them valueless. Without a squad, one day we would not be able to field a team or train effectively.
Exactly. People don't seem to realise we need a squad of 20-25 players and that you can only field a maximum of 14 a game therefore some players will inevitably not play much or some weeks not even be in the squad.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Goobs wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:57 pm
Exactly. People don't seem to realise we need a squad of 20-25 players and that you can only field a maximum of 14 a game therefore some players will inevitably not play much or some weeks not even be in the squad.
Totally agree but we dont have any squad rotation, and Subs are usually for the last 10 minutes, so those who do gain access to the sub bench are never going to be "match fit" and look less sharp in comparison. We all know how faithful Sean is to the first 11, but unfortunately that is the detriment to those in the first team squad who dont start.
Last edited by ClaretAL on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: boatshed bill snapcrackleandpop claretfern

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Fenerbahce striker Vedat Muriqi is reportedly wanted in the Premier League with Sean Dyche's Burnley keen.

£18-20m :o

Jambounchained
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Jambounchained » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:51 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:40 pm
Fenerbahce striker Vedat Muriqi is reportedly wanted in the Premier League with Sean Dyche's Burnley keen.

£18-20m :o

Dyche has already laughed this off

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1431 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:09 pm

Amazed I haven’t seen the Benteke £0.5m loan deal Palace are touting.
Would be a ridiculous signing but still expected the usual buffoons on here to be wondering why we aren’t chasing him

#wages

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5074 times
Has Liked: 6850 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:16 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:09 pm
Amazed I haven’t seen the Benteke £0.5m loan deal Palace are touting.
Would be a ridiculous signing but still expected the usual buffoons on here to be wondering why we aren’t chasing him

#wages
I think even a fat old arthritic git like me would catch him.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:23 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:30 pm
It's far more constructive to want the club to sign players and move the team forwards than it is to accept everything Dyche and the club does as gospel.

What's constructive about accepting our lot and hoping for the best?
What's constructive about whining and complaining about things you can't control?
Dyche is the manager....What he says goes, like it or not.

We are all Burnley fans & we'd all love to see us doing great and playing entertaining football.
Unfortunately technically gifted players are few and far between and very expensive.
I've supported Burnley all my life, things have never been easy....the struggle against the odds is all part of the appeal.
UTC.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:29 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:23 pm
What's constructive about whining and complaining about things you can't control?

We are all Burnley fans & we'd all love to see us doing great and playing entertaining football.
Unfortunately technically gifted players are few and far between and very expensive.
I've supported Burnley all my life, things have never been easy....the struggle against the odds is all part of the appeal.
UTC.
What’s constructive about whining and complaining about whining and complaining?
This user liked this post: Steddyman

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by alboclaret » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:46 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:23 pm

UTC.
Not many if anyone is asking for entertaining football. This keeps coming up in peoples posts.
The football is very poor at the minute but that's nothing new. It's the stale, slow, predictable and clueless efforts we keep churning out.
You got to freshen it up with either new faces or new tactics or a bit of both . We show no signs of this and this is a concern and I think that is a fair concern and deserves a bit of questioning. Imo of course
These 6 users liked this post: Woodleyclaret Vegas Claret Blackrod snapcrackleandpop claretfern burnleymik

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:10 pm

joey13 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:29 pm
What’s constructive about whining and complaining about whining and complaining?
Was i whining?

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:41 am

alboclaret wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:46 pm
Not many if anyone is asking for entertaining football. This keeps coming up in peoples posts.
The football is very poor at the minute but that's nothing new. It's the stale, slow, predictable and clueless efforts we keep churning out.
You got to freshen it up with either new faces or new tactics or a bit of both . We show no signs of this and this is a concern and I think that is a fair concern and deserves a bit of questioning. Imo of course
The first part of your post...YES they do! After every game!

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11035 times
Has Liked: 5648 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:06 am

Taffy is correct, I for one wish to see entertaining football regardless of who is playing, unfortunately you don't get it most of the time tbh and VAR has completely killed the game to boot.

Our football is abhorrent this season, that's not me "complaining" but a statement of my opinion to which I am entitled - seemingly the those that no longer go and bother watching agree. If I was complaining you would know !!

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:39 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:06 am
Taffy is correct, I for one wish to see entertaining football regardless of who is playing, unfortunately you don't get it most of the time tbh and VAR has completely killed the game to boot.

Our football is abhorrent this season, that's not me "complaining" but a statement of my opinion to which I am entitled - seemingly the those that no longer go and bother watching agree. If I was complaining you would know !!
If we got to the FA cup final would you want us to play attractive football with the possibility of getting slaughtered like Watford did OR the small possibility of a goal from being more direct and hanging on to win by sticking everyone behind the ball?

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1883 times
Has Liked: 840 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:44 am

Attacking football getting beat 6.0 obviously. You would remember that more than actually wining the game and the trophy!

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:09 am

Sean Dyche remained coy on speculation linking the Clarets with a move for Bristol City midfielder Josh Brownhill.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/t ... l-17586765

Row Z
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:46 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:06 am

This is a complaint, along with all the other posts you make of the same vain. These can be both your opinion and complaints though.

I think there is a balance to be found and this is what Dyche always states. However our game plan for Everton away, considering their struggles this season, was terrible and from Dyche's press conferences it sounded like it was the game plan all along...

We are never going to play like city as to do so you need the most technically gifted players in the world. However pass and move is taught in junior football and something our lads forgot that day, amongst others.

Garnerssoap
Been Liked: 392 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Garnerssoap » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:26 am

Not many transfer links on this thread. Can someone rename it to fishwives daily
Just wasted 5 mins of my life finding out we’re not interested in a 15 mill fenerbache donkey

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:27 am

alboclaret wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:46 pm
Because if this I have missed a few games on the spin ( even though I’m paying the club money) and I used to hate missing games even in the lower tiers. It’s boring, predictable and the same every game. I will return when I see some attempt to change things (this window hopefully). I’ve found other things to do that are more entertaining. I’ve been going for nearly 40 years but I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels like this.

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by alboclaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:59 am

Blackrod wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:27 am
Because if this I have missed a few games on the spin ( even though I’m paying the club money) and I used to hate missing games even in the lower tiers. It’s boring, predictable and the same every game. I will return when I see some attempt to change things (this window hopefully). I’ve found other things to do that are more entertaining. I’ve been going for nearly 40 years but I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels like this.
Exactly.

Entertaining football is fine to ask for tbh...(maybe I worked it wrong orignally) entertainment comes in many forms.
But certainly not many asking for us to play "attractive" football...there is in my mind a distinct difference to something more entertaining than what is currently on offer and asking the team to play like the top teams.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:23 am

How depressing is this thread?

Folk asking for something to change, to brighten things up and give the place a lift and the usual “we can’t risk absolute oblivion” crew insisting that we should be happy to be here!

Tediously dull.
These 3 users liked this post: Sproggy Steddyman rob63

Sproggy
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by Sproggy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:26 am

Spijed wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:39 am
If we got to the FA cup final would you want us to play attractive football with the possibility of getting slaughtered like Watford did OR the small possibility of a goal from being more direct and hanging on to win by sticking everyone behind the ball?
Commenting on the football on offer this season doesn't equate to wanting us to play like Man City. Nobody is suggesting that we play a brand of football that will open us to getting hammered but our style was getting better up to the 2017 season, since when we've been regressing back to the industrial stuff (and still getting hammered by the top 6). Why?
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret rob63

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:26 am

Jambounchained wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:51 pm
Dyche has already laughed this off
Mandy Rice-Davies comes to mind

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:45 am

Spijed wrote:
The thing is though, our style of play right now isn’t making us remotely competitive against these teams anyway.

Only team in the division not to take a single point from the top 6 (yes that includes the mighty Sheffield United). Not a single point from the commonly described “big 6”. Only team Jose Mourinho has kept a clean sheet against this season (5-0 win).

There are probably more, but the point remains.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2004 times
Has Liked: 3339 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:36 pm

I'm still logging in hoping to see a "link"!!! :roll:
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Blackrod

Post by Blackrod » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:54 pm

You’ll have a long wait then.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

Bertiebeehead
Been Liked: 567 times
Has Liked: 684 times

Post by Bertiebeehead » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:36 pm
I'm still logging in hoping to see a "link"!!! :roll:
Soon be summer.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2004 times
Has Liked: 3339 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Bertiebeehead wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:56 pm
Soon be summer.
And you actually think that will be any different!!?? :lol:

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:59 pm

What is entertaining football?
Personally I like fast moving football and find the endless passing very boring.
Watching teams try to play out from the back when they clearly haven’t got the skills does have its entertainment value though
These 2 users liked this post: Dark Cloud Woodleyclaret

SGr

Post by SGr » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Nixon reiterates Burnley have no interest in Bowen.

Well I must say, if a young, exciting and highly prolific player, in a position we require, at a price we could probably afford isn’t on our list, then we must have one hell of an alternative in mind! :o

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:27 pm

SGr wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Well I must say, if a young, exciting and highly prolific player, in a position we require, at a price we could probably afford isn’t on our list, then we must have one hell of an alternative in mind! :o

We only shop in the bargin bin for player's no other team's want hence it will be going on 3 year's after this transfer window since we last signed a first team regular, show me another premier league club that's done this.

SGr

Post by SGr » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:32 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:27 pm
We only shop in the bargin bin for player's no other team's want hence it will be going on 3 year's after this transfer window since we last signed a first team regular, show me another premier league club that's done this.
It’s incredible isn’t it. Literally as you say this summer will mark THREE YEARS since a player was signed who improved the first XI. If we go down this year, it won’t be because of a lack of money, or injuries or anything other than completely our own fault.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:33 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:27 pm
Manchester City?

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:36 pm

SGr wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:32 pm
It’s incredible isn’t it. Literally as you say this summer will mark THREE YEARS since a player was signed who improved the first XI. If we go down this year, it won’t be because of a lack of money, or injuries or anything other than completely our own fault.

"Our own fault"........it's unbelievable to think the club has let this happen, we get told we can't bring player's in yet all the other club's manage to do it.

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:33 pm
Manchester City?
Okay I'll rephrase it for you, show me another premier league club that needs to improve the starting eleven that's done this.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:45 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:38 pm
Okay I'll rephrase it for you, show me another premier league club that needs to improve the starting eleven that's done this.
Rephrase or move the goalposts?

There's an argument that we don't necessarily need to improve our starting eleven given that we've probably hit our performance target in the timeframe you're talking about and, despite all the doom and gloom on here, are likely to hit it again this season.
Last edited by Tall Paul on Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:46 pm

Man City are a stupid comparison in any event as they’ve signed at least 4 or 5 players in that time that play regularly for them.
This user liked this post: SGr

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:49 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Manchester City?
Rodri?
This user liked this post: SGr

Sproggy
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by Sproggy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Manchester City?
Yeah. Apart from Rodri (63 million), Cancelo (59 million), Mahrez (61 million) and Angelino (11m), City have done nothing to improve their first team.
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:59 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:45 pm
Rephrase or move the goalposts?

There's an argument that we don't necessarily need to improve our starting eleven given that we've probably hit our performance target in the timeframe you're talking about and, despite all the doom and gloom on here, are likely to hit it again this season.

"we don't necessarily need to improve our starting eleven" LMFAO are you joking ????

one decent right back who couldn't play a full season because of his age.

One winger out of the four that's any good and he will be sold this summer. Lennon is Lennon and Brady and Gudmundsson spend more time with the medical team than the first team

No central midfield at all yet we don't necessarily need to improve our starting eleven

Apart from a season we some how finished 7th every other season has been a battle to stay up I would say we 100% need to improve the starting eleven with at least 5 new player's IMHO
Last edited by ClaretMov on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: Blackrod rob63

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:01 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:54 pm
Yeah. Apart from Rodri (63 million), Cancelo (59 million), Mahrez (61 million) and Angelino (11m), City have done nothing to improve their first team.
The question was name a team that hasn't signed any first team regulars in three years. Apart from Rodri (who I admittedly forgot :oops: ) none of those are first team regulars any more than Jay Rod, Pieters, Lennon or Bardsley are for us.
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:04 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:49 pm
Rodri?
Bernardo Silva? Signed 2 and a half years ago.

Tall Paul

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:11 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:59 pm
"we don't necessarily need to improve our starting eleven" LMFAO are you joking ????

one decent right back who couldn't play a full season because of his age.

One winger out of the four that's any good and he will be sold this summer. Lennon is Lennon and Brady and Gudmundsson spend more time with the medical team than the first team

No central midfield at all yet we don't necessarily need to improve our starting eleven

Apart from a season we some how finished 7th every other season has been a battle to stay up I would say we 100% need to improve the starting eleven with at least 5 new player's IMHO
Our target is to stay up. The starting eleven has been good enough to keep us up in the time you're talking about and it's likely that it's going to be good enough again this season. Therefore improving the starting eleven isn't an immediate necessity. That's not to say it isn't desirable though.

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:20 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:34 pm
I notice you concentrate on Gibson failing to mention Vydra.

Should get plenty of opportunity now that Barnes is ruled out for several weeks.
Does that mean you are limiting your criticism to the purchase of Vydra?

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:01 pm
The question was name a team that hasn't signed any first team regulars in three years. Apart from Rodri (who I admittedly forgot :oops: ) none of those are first team regulars any more than Jay Rod, Pieters, Lennon or Bardsley are for us.
Bardsley was three years ago

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:25 pm

Spijed wrote:
I loved watching football long before I started going on the Turf, that should answer your question

Blackrod

Post by Blackrod » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:27 pm

SGr wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:20 pm

I think we need more patience. Soon there will be some players that Stoke don’t want who are a bit older and coming up to retirement or having some fitness issues and we can give them one last payout.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:29 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Manchester City?
Rodri ?!!!