BFC TRANSFER NEWS Jan 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS Jan 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by BOYSIE31 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:32 pm

claretspice wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:54 am
If only we had a midfielder who could run, eh, Boysie?

Never mind.

Joking apart - last night showed why we don't need to get carried away in the transfer market, and why its so difficult to improve on what we've got - but it also gave us a platform to offer players confidence they're signing up for 18 months of Premier League football. We should be taking that platform.
So what happened yesterday - you look a bit daft now

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 699 times

Post by Bigvince » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:35 pm

Bright osayi Samuel is 22 years old,if his contract runs out would his transfer not go to a tribunal, like ings

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:38 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:27 pm
That would leave us with two strikers until the return of Barnes and four right wingers with JBG due back soon. In terms of strikers I think it could a case of one out in this window and one out in the next.

If QPR don't have an extension for BOS then he will be leaving them for free in the Summer. The same thing would be true for Wells if we didn't have the extension that we are reputed to have. Free in six months reduces Samuels value significantly.

This season he has contributed 4 goals and 5 assists in 20 matches, which is impressive. Last season his total output was 2 goals in 27 matches with no assists, which is far less impressive. The season before that he managed to produce a paltry 1 goal and 1 assist in 18 matches. Going by goals and assists, which definitely aren't everything, this season is arguably the only decent season he has had ( although he is young ).

From the bits and bobs I've seen of him ( which I have to say was more last season than this ) I don't think he is anything special, but he probably does have some potential and he appears to have demonstrated signs of improvement.

Would he link up better with Barnes and Wood, in comparison to a player like Nahki who gets about more, I doubt it.

Is his performance this season entirely down to him or does it have more to do with the influence of other players in the QPR squad ?

Rightly or wrongly, strikers command a price premium In this window. Wells performed well for QPR last season and he has stepped it up another notch this season. With very few options available, Wells is the striker on every Championship clubs lips at the moment. That makes Nahki a lot more valuable than BOS.

Well is also a consistent performer with a very enviable scoring reputation at Championship level over multiple seasons.

The deciding factor in terms of any potential trade for Wells is that our most pressing need is for a central midfielder, not a right winger. Warburton seems like a decent bloke, but if our current requirements mean that we have to drop him in the **** so be it. It isn't a nice thing to do, because QPR have kept up their end of the loan bargain. However, our poor performance in the Summer transfer window has put us in a delicate position that precludes charitable considerations.
I appreciate you saw quite a lot of him last season but he seems to have really progressed over the last 12 months.

I know one games is not enough to judge a player but watch the highlights of QPR vs Leeds from the other week. He was by far there best player.

Just a quick search on twitter, most fans are saying he is on par with Eze this season.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:39 pm

He is only 21 or 22 so won't go for free. Think they have to be 23 before they can just walk

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:42 pm

I assumed we are looking for cash(£5m?) For Nahki so a swop would suit QPR and our deep pockets board

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 666 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:13 pm
Kevin Long????? He proved yesterday he's definitely not a defender so could be the new Peter Crouch
Wasn't Roger Eli initially signed as a centre half? Cult hero status awaits

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:57 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:51 pm
Wasn't Roger Eli initially signed as a centre half? Cult hero status awaits
Right back I think and i'm sure he got stuck up front in a cup tie that was at the 2nd or 3rd replay. The rest as they say is history.

On a side note for those on here that despise the diving cheats of the modern game Eli was revered amongst the Burnley fans for his ability to con the ref and win us a penalty
This user liked this post: JohnDearyMe

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:46 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:57 pm
Right back I think and i'm sure he got stuck up front in a cup tie that was at the 2nd or 3rd replay. The rest as they say is history.

On a side note for those on here that despise the diving cheats of the modern game Eli was revered amongst the Burnley fans for his ability to con the ref and win us a penalty
Scunthorpe at home. Remember a t shirt of him being sold outside the ground not long after! Imagine what today’s foreign managers would make of 2nd and 3rd replays!
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 pm

Eli started as a midfielder for us.
I think he then played in a couple of different positions in defence before going up front.
Plays for Burnley Vets and I played against him and he was much shorter than my memory of him when I was a young lad watching him.
He was a top bloke to talk to after the game too. He loved it at Burnley.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Nixon
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 6.54.03 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 6.54.03 AM.png (67.56 KiB) Viewed 5483 times

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Still astounding that with only a few days of the window left we haven’t added to our fragile squad. Astounding but not surprising.
These 4 users liked this post: Long Time Lurker cockneyclaret Rumpelstiltskin Bcap1959

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:07 pm

mdd2 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:39 pm
He is only 21 or 22 so won't go for free. Think they have to be 23 before they can just walk
Given how long he has been with QPR ( not long ), what they paid for him and what his current value might conceivably be, any compensation payment is more likely to be fairly trivial. Compensation tends to be more when a fixed offer has established a players value in the market or when a club has developed them from their own youth squads up.

However, it could transpire that QPR have an option to extend his contract. Either way, I think that we can do better than him and another right wing option wouldn't be of much use to us in the few months.

Losing Wells wouldn't be that tough on QPR either. They are currently lodged in a mid table placing. The confidence of their keeper, Lumley, seems like it is completely shot though. That has turned him into an ongoing liability and probably put paid to their promotion push. The number of goals they are conceeding must be a cause of concern for them. On the upside they have a healthy 14 point gap between themselves and the relegation clubs.

Recalling Wells and selling him to another club would make their job more difficult, but I can't see it having a huge impact on their promotion/relegation outcome for the season.
Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:38 pm
I appreciate you saw quite a lot of him last season but he seems to have really progressed over the last 12 months.

I know one games is not enough to judge a player but watch the highlights of QPR vs Leeds from the other week. He was by far there best player.

Just a quick search on twitter, most fans are saying he is on par with Eze this season.
Nods, everything could have suddenly clicked for him this season and his development could have taken a huge leap forward. In the same way that the playing ability of Lumley seems to have gone backwards since I saw him previously.

I've only see a few of partial QPR matches this season ( checking in on Wells ) so I couldn't say.

I would still rather have £5-6m in the bank or a player like Brownhill coming our way. Bristol also looks like a much healthier destination for Wells, because QPR are still recovering from the damage that Hughes and Rigg did to them a few years ago, followed by the up and down era of Redknapp.

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:31 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:55 pm
Still astounding that with only a few days of the window left we haven’t added to our fragile squad. Astounding but not surprising.
What gets me is that we havent heard of any pro-active transfer moves being made for players. All of the current news about incomings seems to revolve around other clubs being interested in Wells, which has generated some speculative rumours in terms of possible player swaps.

Take everything that is related to Nahki Wells out of the equation and our transfer strategy of doing absolutely nothing in this window seems to have been followed without any deviation whatsoever.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:37 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:21 am
3 behind Bowen in less game time, but we are not contemplating trying him in the premiere league? He may be the signing we would look at, and it's right under our noses. And Dyche may already be thinking the same.
Bowen is a wide player like Gudmundsson

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:39 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:31 pm
What gets me is that we havent heard of any pro-active transfer moves being made for players. All of the current news about incomings seems to revolve around other clubs being interested in Wells, which has generated some speculative rumours in terms of possible player swaps.

Take everything that is related to Nahki Wells out of the equation and our transfer strategy of doing absolutely nothing in this window seems to have been followed without any deviation whatsoever.
Dyche was asked if any signings were likely the other day to which he simply replied “No”. He said exactly the same at the start of January.

It really does beggars belief. The squad needs freshening up, even the most ardent of happy clapper can see that.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:43 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:39 pm
Dyche was asked if any signings were likely the other day to which he simply replied “No”. He said exactly the same at the start of January.

It really does beggars belief. The squad needs freshening up, even the most ardent of happy clapper can see that.
He never said that the club were not trying to get something done - just that he believed nothing could get done given the position/expectations of selling clubs(frustrating for all including him and the board I believe) - nothing happy clappy about that

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:43 pm
He never said that the club were not trying to get something done - just that he believed nothing could get done (frustrating for all including him and the board I believe) - nothing happy clappy about that
Frustrating? It’s their job, one suggests they need to have a look at how to do things on the signing front if we find it impossible to add to a fragile squad.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:55 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:45 pm
Frustrating? It’s their job, one suggests they need to have a look at how to do things on the signing front if we find it impossible to add to a fragile squad.
It is also the job of the people we are trying to buy from to do the best for their club - some you win some you lose occasionally you all agree and no one else comes along to interfere and challenge the status quo - I think of it as a high pressure property market with gazumpers willing to push things to a level you will not go to or people pricing at such a level - you may say reduce your expectations but evidence of this thread and others would suggest there are plenty who would be upset by that

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:01 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:55 pm
It’s been a very quiet window altogether. When the yellow ties come out on Sky it starts hotting up.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:02 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:55 pm
It is also the job of the people we are trying to buy from to do the best for their club - some you win some you lose occasionally you all agree and no one else comes along to interfere and challenge the status quo - I think of it as a high pressure property market with gazumpers willing to push things to a level you will not go to or people pricing at such a level - you may say reduce your expectations but evidence of this thread and others would suggest there are plenty who would be upset by that
Maybe we need to start taking renting a bit more serious.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:06 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:01 pm
It’s been a very quiet window altogether. When the yellow ties come out on Sky it starts hotting up.
But we know it won’t for Burnley which is astonishing.

In summer we will need a right back, right winger and at least 1 centre mid but maybe 2 if Hendrick leaves.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:02 pm
Maybe we need to start taking renting a bit more serious.
we ha certainly paid some serious rent for little return - however hopeful we were at the time - it does put you off the idea

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Just watching the Hearts v Rangers game Rangers brought a cracking midfielder on at half time.....Arfield he's called maybe we should go for him this transfer window,still cant get my head around why we didn't give him the contract he wanted when he was here...

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:55 pm
In all fairness we haven't been gazumped by anyone. Unless you consider Conor Gallagher going to a different club on loan, amidst our rumoured interest, as being gazumped.

In terms of our expectations I don't think we can lower them anymore. The vast majority on here don't ask for much at all and our expectations are never noticeably outlandish. When you look at other clubs the expectations of the people on this board are very modest and very realistic.

In most cases that amounts to the bare minimum to get the job done, providing cover for the unexpected, and showing a degree of financial awareness that won't put the club in jeopardy.

If the club ever announced they were signing a £30m player I think the local emergency wards would be swamped with patients in catatonic shock and those that rode the shock wave would probably be asking questions. £20m would raise more eye brows than a botox clinic.

We don't ask for much, but more than nothing is a reasonable expectations on the back of two poor transfer windows.

The Summer window was particularly disappointing, because we gave Rigg an entire year to prepare for it, by actively choosing to do nothing in the last Winter window. We have work that needs to be done, spots that need to be filled and changes that need to be made. At the moment we look incapable of doing that.
These 3 users liked this post: Giftonsnoidea Rumpelstiltskin Bcap1959

Giftonsnoidea
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 248 times

Post by Giftonsnoidea » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Are we ever going to improve the first eleven in midfield, maybe a reporter should ask the question to the man himself

COBBLE
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 471 times

Post by COBBLE » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:41 pm

I suspect we are waiting to see what we get in cash or equivalent for Nakhi Wells and or Vydra. Until that is done, I doubt we will go for Brownhill or anyone else if we intend to. We also seem as a matter of policy to leave our offers till the last couple of days. I'm still hopeful.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:54 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:37 pm
Bowen is a wide player like Gudmundsson
He has played there but it's not an exclusive position of his. He's also played as a 10 and up front for Hull this season.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:56 pm

COBBLE wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:41 pm
I suspect we are waiting to see what we get in cash or equivalent for Nakhi Wells and or Vydra. Until that is done, I doubt we will go for Brownhill or anyone else if we intend to. We also seem as a matter of policy to leave our offers till the last couple of days. I'm still hopeful.
I would really hope we do it the other way around, i.e. sign first, sell later. Or we risk leaving ourselves short if we can't get players in. Not many clubs who choose to sell first then risk getting players in after that. Especially when time is running out.
This user liked this post: COBBLE

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:57 pm

COBBLE wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:41 pm
If we are relying on what money we can generate from Wells and Vydra some serious questions need asking.
These 2 users liked this post: COBBLE Rumpelstiltskin

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:03 pm

So much is made of the £100 million coming our way every season spent in the Premier League, but seemingly in order to be able to move in the transfer market we need to sell Nakhi Wells first.

So much for having the blueprint for surviving in the Premier League.

Several windows have opened and closed where very limited business has been done and that was illustrated by the lack of depth in our first team squad yesterday.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:22 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:54 pm
He has played there but it's not an exclusive position of his. He's also played as a 10 and up front for Hull this season.
Comparing goal return of a wide player and a striker is a little strange though, he’s definitely not a striker.

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:33 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:03 pm
So much is made of the £100 million coming our way every season spent in the Premier League, but seemingly in order to be able to move in the transfer market we need to sell Nakhi Wells first.
I can see that COBBLE has said this but has this come from the Club? Wait, you're not basing this solely on COBBLE's opinion are you?

UTC!
This user liked this post: COBBLE

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:39 pm

Omg :o What do you expect him to say? “We’re desperate for players... the squad is ****. Bend us over, selling clubs, and spank us hard”??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:52 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:48 pm
Omg :o What do you expect him to say? “We’re desperate for players... the squad is ****. Bend us over, selling clubs, and spank us hard”??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well it would cause some interesting posts on here

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:53 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
You do realise we are still in the premier league right?
This user liked this post: Holtyclaret

COBBLE
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 471 times

Post by COBBLE » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:54 pm

Duffer_ wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:33 pm
I can see that COBBLE has said this but has this come from the Club? Wait, you're not basing this solely on COBBLE's opinion are you?

UTC!
I know nothing! Just a feeling that is how Mike Garlick chooses to operate.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6902 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:58 pm

PremierLeagueClass wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:53 pm
You do realise we are still in the premier league right?
Yes but not for long unless we make some signings in this transfer window - according to quite a lot of people on here, amusingly.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:11 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:48 pm
:D ha ha ha.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:58 pm
Yes but not for long unless we make some signings in this transfer window - according to quite a lot of people on here, amusingly.
Show me the posts where people have said that. I can’t be bothered going through the entire thread.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6902 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:18 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm
Show me the posts where people have said that. I can’t be bothered going through the entire thread.
No - I can't be bothered either. I've seen numerous people claim that if we don't strengthen in January then we will be relegated.
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:21 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:18 pm
No - I can't be bothered either. I've seen numerous people claim that if we don't strengthen in January then we will be relegated.
Well we cant be relegated now as we are out of the cup.

Cant advance in the cup and stay in the league apparently, glad we chose the league though, my season ticket will be frozen AGAIN.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:04 pm

The more I read about Bright Samuel, the more I like. This would be a great signing.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:23 pm

kentonclaret wrote:

Several windows have opened and closed where very limited business has been done and that was illustrated by the lack of depth in our first team squad yesterday.
Which part of the wage bill are you not understanding?
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:33 pm

Burnley preparing a bid for Harold Moukoudi the 20 year old CB at St Etienne.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:33 pm
Leeds, Derby and WBA also reportedly interested.

Also, loan only.
Last edited by FactualFrank on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:45 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
‘Preparing’ means Clive Holt firing up the fax machine.
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Blackrod

BurnleyPaul
Been Liked: 158 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by BurnleyPaul » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
I seem to recall that we’ve been linked with this guy in the past....if he comes in then I’d assume this is a loan with a set price fixed for the summer if he impresses whilst here. It’d also mean Gibson leaving too as we have cover then in place.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:00 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Assuming neither Tarks or Mee leave in this window,how many 1st team games is this lad going to play,or is he a development squad signing,Gibson was signed for 15m and was highly rated at the time,and he's hardly kicked a ball in anger for 18 months,so i somehow can't see SD throwing a 20 year old kid into our first XI,that said i'd rather we picked up younger talent which we might develop,with a view to either playing them regularly or selling at a profit down the line,then cast-offs from Stoke,that are past their prime.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Link for that:
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... i-21365535

Not buying it personally, seems like the standard 3-4 club agent link

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 pm

Moukoudi is 22