FAKE NEWS - EU edition

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

FAKE NEWS - EU edition

Post by bfccrazy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:09 pm

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/12/ ... rite-here/

I don’t really get into too much of the EU debate but some of these made me laugh.

Any favourites?

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Re: FAKE NEWS - EU edition

Post by IanMcL » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Notice which papers make up the stories.....
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:58 pm

IanMcL wrote:Notice which papers make up the stories.....
Why do you think they're made up stories? They're not. Get your blue cap off. Haha.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:40 am

Stayingup wrote:Why do you think they're made up stories? They're not. Get your blue cap off. Haha.
He's right you know. Double decker buses have definitely been banned. Those X43s are just a collective hallucination.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:23 am

How do they get away with it?

Seriously?

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 am

Claretmatt4 wrote:How do they get away with it?

Seriously?
Because a substantial part of our population want to believe it, and a substantial chunk of our politicians need a convenient scapegoat.
These 2 users liked this post: IanMcL Taffy on the wing

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:04 am

So are we banning the bagpipe ?

If so long live the EU
This user liked this post: Bosscat

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:41 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:So are we banning the bagpipe ?

If so long live the EU
Watch your step!

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 am

This is quite funny but did anyone really take them seriously? Maybe one or two lame brains on coke. These are not the reasons people voted to leave (and they did - in their millions).

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:53 am

houseboy wrote:This is quite funny but did anyone really take them seriously? Maybe one or two lame brains on coke. These are not the reasons people voted to leave (and they did - in their millions).
No, but it adds to the rhetoric of EU = bad, meddling, petty buerocracy.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:12 am

IanMcL wrote:Watch your step!

:D :D it is an awful noise right up there with the scouse and brummie accent

gtclaret
Been Liked: 338 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by gtclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am

houseboy wrote:This is quite funny but did anyone really take them seriously? Maybe one or two lame brains on coke. These are not the reasons people voted to leave (and they did - in their millions).
Spot on, absolutely right, the same with the NHS claim, it made little difference to vote. The biggest single factor was immigration concerns, when asked how do we plan the infrastructure and future finances without border control we were not given any assurances. It makes me laugh when people think that this is a British issue, when the far right and anti EU parties are making gains all over Europe. Spain have just had their 4th election in as many years with the far right making the biggest gains. The EU are bringing political chaos throughout the Union, it gas the 3 biggest tax havens whilst millions are suffering declining living standards, it is unaccountable, undemocratic and corrupt. This is not fake news
These 3 users liked this post: houseboy Bosscat jrtod61

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:40 am

gtclaret wrote:Spot on, absolutely right, the same with the NHS claim, it made little difference to vote. The biggest single factor was immigration concerns, when asked how do we plan the infrastructure and future finances without border control we were not given any assurances. It makes me laugh when people think that this is a British issue, when the far right and anti EU parties are making gains all over Europe. Spain have just had their 4th election in as many years with the far right making the biggest gains. The EU are bringing political chaos throughout the Union, it gas the 3 biggest tax havens whilst millions are suffering declining living standards, it is unaccountable, undemocratic and corrupt. This is not fake news
*Sigh*
These 4 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing Lord Beamish Greenmile longsidepies

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:55 am

As this website is 1) clearly set up by a pro EU nutjob and 2) provides no link to the actual full story, I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

But at least we all know the EU is a cancerous, toxic, elitist, money stealing mafia.
This user liked this post: jrtod61

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:59 am

tarkys_ears wrote:As this website is 1) clearly set up by a pro EU nutjob and 2) provides no link to the actual full story, I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

But at least we all know the EU is a cancerous, toxic, elitist, money stealing mafia.
Don't sit on the fence Tarky m8 ;)

Tell us what you really think of our lovely friendly European Overlords

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:59 am

tarkys_ears wrote:As this website is 1) clearly set up by a pro EU nutjob and 2) provides no link to the actual full story, I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

*Double Sigh*
These 2 users liked this post: Lord Beamish Greenmile

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:03 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:*Double Sigh*
Am awaiting a *Triple Sigh* Lancaster m8 it won't be long on here :lol: :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:06 am

Bosscat wrote:Am awaiting a *Triple Sigh* Lancaster m8 it won't be long on here :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm fresh out of sighs I'm afraid now.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:17 am

gtclaret wrote:Spot on, absolutely right, the same with the NHS claim, it made little difference to vote. The biggest single factor was immigration concerns, when asked how do we plan the infrastructure and future finances without border control we were not given any assurances. It makes me laugh when people think that this is a British issue, when the far right and anti EU parties are making gains all over Europe. Spain have just had their 4th election in as many years with the far right making the biggest gains. The EU are bringing political chaos throughout the Union, it gas the 3 biggest tax havens whilst millions are suffering declining living standards, it is unaccountable, undemocratic and corrupt. This is not fake news
I could have written this bud. Spot on.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:21 am

Claretmatt4 wrote:No, but it adds to the rhetoric of EU = bad, meddling, petty buerocracy.
Problem is bud that rhetoric is an art form and politicians of ALL colours are generally quite skilled in it. Jeremy Paxman knew this and used to make them squirm in interviews by asking the same question over and over until he got an answer. I remember him doing it with one politician (can't remember who) and he gave up in the end saying 'well, you're obviously not going to answer the question so we'll move on'. Brilliant stuff.

gtclaret

Post by gtclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:25 pm

It was Micheal Howard
This user liked this post: houseboy

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:21 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote::D :D it is an awful noise right up there with the scouse and brummie accent
Not when played properly!
In England....bit iffy to very iffy, on most occasions.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1099 times

Post by bfcmik » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 pm

tarkys_ears wrote:But at least we all know the EU is a cancerous, toxic, elitist, money stealing mafia.
Unlike the last 9.5 years of Tory governments! Although you would then have to add lying to the list of adjectives.

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Of course a lot of people took them seriously. The Tory press has systematically and repeatedly published stories that are blatantly untrue as part of their long running anti EU campaign. If you throw enough mud some of it will stick, particularly with those who want it to believe it. Where do you think the common perception of Brussels bureaucrats has come from?

As for your claim that immigration was the biggest issue your essentially admitting that it was racism. Thanks for the confirmation.
These 3 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Taffy on the wing longsidepies

gtclaret

Post by gtclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Cryssys wrote:Of course a lot of people took them seriously. The Tory press has systematically and repeatedly published stories that are blatantly untrue as part of their long running anti EU campaign. If you throw enough mud some of it will stick, particularly with those who want it to believe it. Where do you think the common perception of Brussels bureaucrats has come from?

As for your claim that immigration was the biggest issue your essentially admitting that it was racism. Thanks for the confirmation.
It's that very last paragraph that demonstrates the utter contempt for the concerns of people that lead to the leave vote. Before the referendum was even thought about, poll after poll showed that the level of immigration was the primary concern of 72%
Thst must of included many people from various races. That is ecactly the opinion of of many no English friends I have. It is the uncontrolled element which is the problem, not the racial aspect, but the way you twist this instead of trying to understand the issues, is the sort of attitude that causes racial divide
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat jrtod61

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:44 pm

gtclaret wrote:It's that very last paragraph that demonstrates the utter contempt for the concerns of people that lead to the leave vote. Before the referendum was even thought about, poll after poll showed that the level of immigration was the primary concern of 72%
Thst must of included many people from various races. That is ecactly the opinion of of many no English friends I have. It is the uncontrolled element which is the problem, not the racial aspect, but the way you twist this instead of trying to understand the issues, is the sort of attitude that causes racial divide
If it was the uncontrolled element that was the problem why was there no outcry and demand for the Tory govt to put in place the controls that are available to them under the rules around free movement.

I get you then still would have wanted to go a step further and leave the EU but for something so important where was your voices and campaigning against our own govts policies that refused to enact any control?

gtclaret

Post by gtclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:45 pm

I have a Spanish article at home which polled confidence in the EU in all member States. This was before the referendum and its a Spanish article so unaffected anyway. The Countries less than 35% were UK France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Greece, Poland and Hungary. The higher votes were Germany, Portugal and the North European countries. Are you saying the Daily Mail influences the people in all these countries

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:53 pm

Well, those figures are hilariously out of date now.

gtclaret

Post by gtclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:01 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:If it was the uncontrolled element that was the problem why was there no outcry and demand for the Tory govt to put in place the controls that are available to them under the rules around free movement.

I get you then still would have wanted to go a step further and leave the EU but for something so important where was your voices and campaigning against our own govts policies that refused to enact any control?
I agree that various Government could have had more control under the EU rules, the lack of outcry was because people didn't know that. My posts might look like I am a hardened leaver, actually I am not, but if the EU is to persue this Federal Europe idiology it must take the people with them, and looking at the political picture throughout Europe it is not doing that

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 3162 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:12 pm

bfccrazy wrote:https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/12/ ... rite-here/

I don’t really get into too much of the EU debate but some of these made me laugh.

Any favourites?
And the winner by a good distance is the Daily Mail!.........What a surprise.

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Stayingup wrote:Why do you think they're made up stories? They're not. Get your blue cap off. Haha.
You obviously haven't read the heading!........Please don't vote, you're unqualified.
This user liked this post: Lord Beamish

gtclaret

Post by gtclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:23 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Well, those figures are hilariously out of date now.
Well if you're saying that confidence in the EU has grown, think again, the EU just negotiated a trade deal with South America, this was very much against the interests of the working people in Europe, thankfully it was stopped by Italy and Austria. The point is that the EU recommended it and 25 states voted for it. The people who it most affected were left in the dark

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:27 pm

gtclaret wrote:Well if you're saying that confidence in the EU has grown, think again, the EU just negotiated a trade deal with South America, this was very much against the interests of the working people in Europe, thankfully it was stopped by Italy and Austria. The point is that the EU recommended it and 25 states voted for it. The people who it most affected were left in the dark
You will of course have some figures to back that up won't you?

Care to explain why both the Front Nationale in France and the Lega Nord in Italy have dropped plans to leave the EU and the Euro this year?

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:20 pm

bfcmik wrote:Unlike the last 9.5 years of Tory governments! Although you would then have to add lying to the list of adjectives.
Have a word with your labour mates and oust Corbin. You might have a hope in hell's chance then!

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:49 pm

This is the strangest argument coming from a Burnley person - assuming that's where you live. Burnley had a population of 110K a hundred years ago, so we can't at all say "it's full" right now with fewer than 80K. The number of immigrants that have moved to Burnley in the last twenty years is also very low, so I can't see how you'd say they've stretched the infrastructure of the town, which in any case is the responsibility of government. London has the most immigrants of any UK city, by far, and also where you get the least support for anti-immigration politics. If we who are most affected by it don't have a problem with immigration, why should you?

How have you reached the conclusion that we somehow had open borders when we were in the EU? We have free movement, but people couldn't just come here from EU countries and claim benefits - they had to work. And we had the same freedom to move to and live in EU countries. I just don't see how you've managed to blame the EU for an immigration system we've always controlled ourselves.
These 2 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing bfcmik

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:35 am

AndrewJB wrote:This is the strangest argument coming from a Burnley person - assuming that's where you live. Burnley had a population of 110K a hundred years ago, so we can't at all say "it's full" right now with fewer than 80K. The number of immigrants that have moved to Burnley in the last twenty years is also very low, so I can't see how you'd say they've stretched the infrastructure of the town, which in any case is the responsibility of government. London has the most immigrants of any UK city, by far, and also where you get the least support for anti-immigration politics. If we who are most affected by it don't have a problem with immigration, why should you?

How have you reached the conclusion that we somehow had open borders when we were in the EU? We have free movement, but people couldn't just come here from EU countries and claim benefits - they had to work. And we had the same freedom to move to and live in EU countries. I just don't see how you've managed to blame the EU for an immigration system we've always controlled ourselves.
Erm.....He's a racist?

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:51 am

Plenty did and still do. You just have to look at some of the garbage posted on the brexit threads to see how gullible some people are when it reinforces their preconceptions.

gtclaret

Post by gtclaret » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:23 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:Erm.....He's a racist?
Thank you, you, you've made my point, anyone who argues for border control is a racist, just look at what I actually said, the main reason the we had a leave result in the referendum was because when asked to give assurances over planning, infrastructure and pressure on public services without effective border controls it was not given. Instead if addressing peoples concerns, they just insulted them and have continue to do so.
I have also pointed out correctly that the problem is all over Europe not just in UK. I would remind you that when the referendum campaign focused on the Economy, the remain were ahead in the polls, this changed when immigration became the issue. I say it as an observation, this is supported by some people I know that are avid remainders and work for the EU.
If you knew my racial mix, calling me racist is laughable, I want racial harmony, but I believe that you won't achieve that by insulting people

gtclaret

Post by gtclaret » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:33 am

Furthermore, I also pointed out that its important that if the EU wants to persue this agenda, they must have the support of the vast majority of the populations, this is not happening, and its dangerous. Even Gerry Adams wants said in reference to to Iris problem, "you can't force unity" I agree with that and with the EU attaching the free trading arrangements to what is seen as political control they are trying to do just that

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:11 am

Cryssys wrote:Of course a lot of people took them seriously. The Tory press has systematically and repeatedly published stories that are blatantly untrue as part of their long running anti EU campaign. If you throw enough mud some of it will stick, particularly with those who want it to believe it. Where do you think the common perception of Brussels bureaucrats has come from?

I have never ever said immigration was the biggest issue. POINT TO IT, GO ON. That was the first sentence in a post that I GENERALLY agreed with. You talk of people peddling lies but you have just proved yourself a liar. When you have been on protests fighting racism, when you have boycotted South African goods because of Apartheid, when you have physically defended an Asian friend from assault, when you have argued and fought for equality on all fronts (as I have with all these things) then you get to insinuate but until you get to know me then I suggest you be careful what you accuse people of from behind your keyboard.
The EU is corrupt. The EU is undemocratic. The EU wastes millions (billions?) of taxpayers money every year. The EU allows MPs to make expenses claims without providing receipts. The EU has a president that you have never voted for. My hatred of this awful organisation knows no bounds and I fought against joining it in the first place when it was a lot less powerful than it is now. I have never voted in a Euro election. But my vote to leave had absolutely nothing whatsoever with immigration, as far as I am concerned whoever wants to come to live here and make a life and contribute is welcome to do so.

Have nice day.

Oh by the way, when we lost in '74 I didn't go crying to the media and asking for another go, I/we accepted a democratic vote and got on with things, not like the remain cry babies now.

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:28 am

My apologies houseboy. I was confusing your post with that made by gtclaret, above.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:33 am

aggi wrote:Plenty did and still do. You just have to look at some of the garbage posted on the brexit threads to see how gullible some people are when it reinforces their preconceptions.
Unfortunately there are racists in all countries and that is sad but it will never be eradicated because too many people have an innate fear of that which they see as 'different'. The problem we have here is that the remain voters, in an effort to excuse the 'wrong' result have taken up the racist baton and ran with it. People voted for leave for many different reasons and to suggest that the MAIN reason was immigration is a nonsense. Many leavers were tarred with this brush because the remainers were so desperate to find a way of negating the result. It is all a bit childish really because name-calling because you have lost is not a good look. Yes, I am sure there were those of the Tommy Robinson kind who voted on immigration but to the best of my knowledge no-one can PROVE it was the main reason leave won, it is just another lie peddled by remain to insult those who voted the 'wrong way'.

I'm sorry I got dragged into a Brexit debate on here after I said ages ago I wouldn't but there are only so many insults you can take. This is me finished now - say what you will - no more replies from me.

aggi

Post by aggi » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:56 am

houseboy wrote:Unfortunately there are racists in all countries and that is sad but it will never be eradicated because too many people have an innate fear of that which they see as 'different'. The problem we have here is that the remain voters, in an effort to excuse the 'wrong' result have taken up the racist baton and ran with it. People voted for leave for many different reasons and to suggest that the MAIN reason was immigration is a nonsense. Many leavers were tarred with this brush because the remainers were so desperate to find a way of negating the result. It is all a bit childish really because name-calling because you have lost is not a good look. Yes, I am sure there were those of the Tommy Robinson kind who voted on immigration but to the best of my knowledge no-one can PROVE it was the main reason leave won, it is just another lie peddled by remain to insult those who voted the 'wrong way'.

I'm sorry I got dragged into a Brexit debate on here after I said ages ago I wouldn't but there are only so many insults you can take. This is me finished now - say what you will - no more replies from me.
I think you might be replying to the wrong post.

I wasn't talking about immigration, I was thinking of stuff like Lowbank's the EU will force us to join the Euro, accept Schengen, sell all our businesses and eat the royal family's first born posts.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:12 am

houseboy wrote:I have never ever said immigration was the biggest issue. POINT TO IT, GO ON. That was the first sentence in a post that I GENERALLY agreed with. You talk of people peddling lies but you have just proved yourself a liar. When you have been on protests fighting racism, when you have boycotted South African goods because of Apartheid, when you have physically defended an Asian friend from assault, when you have argued and fought for equality on all fronts (as I have with all these things) then you get to insinuate but until you get to know me then I suggest you be careful what you accuse people of from behind your keyboard.
The EU is corrupt. The EU is undemocratic. The EU wastes millions (billions?) of taxpayers money every year. The EU allows MPs to make expenses claims without providing receipts. The EU has a president that you have never voted for. My hatred of this awful organisation knows no bounds and I fought against joining it in the first place when it was a lot less powerful than it is now. I have never voted in a Euro election. But my vote to leave had absolutely nothing whatsoever with immigration, as far as I am concerned whoever wants to come to live here and make a life and contribute is welcome to do so.

Have nice day.

Oh by the way, when we lost in '74 I didn't go crying to the media and asking for another go, I/we accepted a democratic vote and got on with things, not like the remain cry babies now.
Shame you weren't in the war Houseboy, Jerry would have been beaten by 1942 if we'd just had more like you

gtclaret

Post by gtclaret » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:20 am

I understand Houseboy frustration about being called racist. The level of EU corruption was not clear in the referendum and the full extent is still not clear. I don't believe that was the reason why the referendum resulted in a leave vote. The issue is not if you believe in uncontrolled immigration or even if you don't believe its a problem or if it exists at all. What I am trying to say is that the perception is that there is open door immigration and it is a problem, and when anyone voiced concerns they were contemptuously dismissed and insulted. This I believe was the single (not the only) biggest reason why we had the leave result.
To interprete this obvervation in a way that makes me racist simply makes my point

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:24 am

gtclaret wrote:I understand Houseboy frustration about being called racist. The level of EU corruption was not clear in the referendum and the full extent is still not clear. I don't believe that was the reason why the referendum resulted in a leave vote. The issue is not if you believe in uncontrolled immigration or even if you don't believe its a problem or if it exists at all. What I am trying to say is that the perception is that there is open door immigration and it is a problem, and when anyone voiced concerns they were contemptuously dismissed and insulted. This I believe was the single (not the only) biggest reason why we had the leave result.
To interprete this obvervation in a way that makes me racist simply makes my point
Thats the most sensible post you have made on this thread.

gtclaret

Post by gtclaret » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:34 am

Just to say, I admire Houseboys activities in opposing racism, people who put themselves out for such a cause is fantastic. He doesn't agree that immigration was the main reason for the referendum result That's fair enough it's a different conclusion to mine. It doesn't make him wrong, it doesn't make me racist just a different point of view of why it happened. I don't insult or judge his character, although any judgement I would make after his recent post would be very positive

gtclaret

Post by gtclaret » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:36 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Thats the most sensible post you have made on this thread.
I thought I have been saying the same thing

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:42 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Shame you weren't in the war Houseboy, Jerry would have been beaten by 1942 if we'd just had more like you
On a non-Brexit note. Apparently (I haven't seen it) Lineker's war thing on the telly box mentioned someone in a battle that could easily have been my dad. Given that my dad was in or around that battle and the unusual nature of his name (and my surname) it is quite likely it could be. I don't know but what a small world if it was. I'm proud of what my dad did in the war and I don't know if I would have had the courage to do what he and millions of others did, still, I suppose you had to be there.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:47 am

houseboy wrote:On a non-Brexit note. Apparently (I haven't seen it) Lineker's war thing on the telly box mentioned someone in a battle that could easily have been my dad. Given that my dad was in or around that battle and the unusual nature of his name (and my surname) it is quite likely it could be. I don't know but what a small world if it was. I'm proud of what my dad did in the war and I don't know if I would have had the courage to do what he and millions of others did, still, I suppose you had to be there.
If we are being serious about this, then why can't we be serious about the EU thing?

That is a genuine question btw

And your position on immigration is refreshing, and I wish more people took your view, especially on here.