Colne Road again.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Re: Colne Road again.

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:This won’t be stopped, whoever is doing it, until there are interceptor cars with police officers in them regularly patrolling the hot-spots of these activities.

Like any organ of society, if you want a proper and effective police service, you have to be prepared to fund it proportionally.
We saw our first proper policeman for about three years in our village the other day.

He even said that everyone who stopped to talk to him had made the same point.

And regarding driving like idiots

There is a problem with cars and motorbikes driving far too fast on the road I live on (A658) despite speed cameras and regular speed traps by the police.

Biggest culprits?

Middle aged white men on motorbikes, or young white men in cars.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:37 pm

dsr wrote:They could at least start with speed cameras. They pay for themselves.
They have speed cameras. They don’t work with unregistered cars and drivers. By the time a summons is sent, it is lost in a welter of obfuscation and obstruction.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Lord Beamish wrote:This won’t be stopped, whoever is doing it, until there are interceptor cars with police officers in them regularly patrolling the hot-spots of these activities.

Like any organ of society, if you want a proper and effective police service, you have to be prepared to fund it proportionally.
One major problem with this is that the majority of posters on here, (and probably the public at large) don't see the "policing of roads" as being a priority, and when they see Police officers enforcing the laws of the road, they question why they are not doing "proper" police work, such as catching burglars.
These 2 users liked this post: lesxdp ClaretFelix

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:39 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:One major problem with this is that the majority of posters on here, (and probably the public at large) don't see the "policing of roads" as being a priority, and when they see Police officers enforcing the laws of the road, they question why they are not doing "proper" police work, such as catching burglars.
With a properly funded police service, the two don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:44 pm

MACCA wrote:I think so, but it's usually the ones that dont live around here, or even up that stretch, that are blind to the facts or start throwing wild claims of racism around.

I regularly travel from the other side of town to Burnley belvedere rugby club, at around 8, and leave a few hours later. It's more of a rarity these days if I dont get overtaken at speed at some point on my journey going either way.

The favourite is pull along side at the lights, then speed off and cut you up rather than turning, also seen several wiz past me doing the same when lights are on red.

A car once took off going over Barden mill hump bridge at high speed, and snapped its axle ( I think thsts what it's called) on landing before ploughing into a wall about 100 yards down the road, when I lived down there.

Its crazy, I'm just thankful for each time one of these incidents that happens no innocent members of the public are getting badly injured or killed..... yet

this.

posh upper middle class liberals who live in little villages that are 99.9% white apart from the neurosurgeon down the street who happens to be indian judging those of us who aren't quite so fortunate for stating blatantly obvious facts.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Biggest culprits?

Middle aged white men on motorbikes, or young white men in cars.
You know the saying...

Think Bike, think d1ck!

Middle aged men on motorbikes doing silly speeds on dangerous back roads are just as bad as the asians on colne road.

Regardless of colour, background or age, I've no time for people who put others in danger by acting stupid and or careless when in control of a high powered deadly machine
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret THEWELLERNUT70

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6448 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:51 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:this.

posh upper middle class liberals who live in little villages that are 99.9% white apart from the neurosurgeon down the street who happens to be indian judging those of us who aren't quite so fortunate for stating blatantly obvious facts.
Oooh triggered a racist
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat evensteadiereddie

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:53 pm

MACCA wrote:You know the saying...

Think Bike, think d1ck!

Middle aged men on motorbikes doing silly speeds on dangerous back roads are just as bad as the asians on colne road.

Regardless of colour, background or age, I've no time for people who put others in danger by acting stupid and or careless when in control of a high powered deadly machine
Aye, I'm not familiar with the driving on Colne Road so I'm relying on the more balanced views on it (hint - not anything the racists say) but high speed driving by dickheads is a nationwide problem, not just on Colne Road.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Not even the first one this week

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/pol ... 1-10096294
White English.....Driver.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18215 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:06 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:this.

That really is a stupid statement ffs.

I live in a village that is 99.9% white ... the doctor down the road isn't Indian (but is of Polish descent).

I have witnessed both sides of this thread as seen in my post about getting carved up on Colne Rd ...

Our Village is plagued by idiot motorcyclists of indeterminate age race/religion ... on Sundays (I feel I can comment on that objectively as I am an ex-biker who abhors the idiocy of some these braindead idiots plaguing our roads on highdays and holidays)...

We have the 20 something 'yr old idiots with 8" exhausts on their Fiestas and Corsas ... the Boot filled with Boom-box bass amps and speakers..... but I also see the Burnley/Blackburn/Bradford/Keighley massive in the Audis, BMWs and Mercs plaguing our urban streets.

Don't start calling me and my neighbours for complaining about it ffs
Last edited by Bosscat on Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Bosscat wrote:That really is a stupid statement ffs.

I live in a village that is 99.9% white ... the doctor down the road isn't Indian (but is of Polish descent).

I have witnessed both sides of this thread as seen in my post about getting carved up on Colne Rd ...

Our Village is plagued by idiot motorcyclists of indeterminate age race/religion ... on Sundays (I feel I can comment on that objectively as I am an ex-biker who abhors the idiocy of some these braindead idiots plaguing our toads on highdays and holidays)...

We have the 20 something 'yr old idiots with 8" exhausts on their Fiestas and Corsas ... the Boot filled with Boom-box bass amps and speakers..... but I also see the Burnley/Blackburn/Beadford/Keighley massive in the Audis, BMWs and Mercs plaguing our urban streets.

Don't start calling me and my neighbours for complaining about it ffs
Its Moffat

He's going to such a racist old **** when he grows up

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18215 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Its Moffat

He's going to such a racist old **** when he grows up
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Aye, I'm not familiar with the driving on Colne Road so I'm relying on the more balanced views on it (hint - not anything the racists say) but high speed driving by dickheads is a nationwide problem, not just on Colne Road.
you are right, not just colne road, but this post is, hence the title .

also, if you knew the problem, and you had family injured or worse by the idiots round there, I doubt you would be so swift in pointing out how generalised maniacal driving was elsewhere.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:14 pm

some triggered suburban boomers in here

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:you are right, not just colne road, but this post is, hence the title .

also, if you knew the problem, and you had family injured or worse by the idiots round there, I doubt you would be so swift in pointing out how generalised maniacal driving was elsewhere.
Well, as me and my family cycle a lot and are regulary buzzed by these idiots, I'm going to say to you to shut the **** up.

Its just a matter of time before I'm hit by a car going like a lunatic on a supposedly safe road

Its a nationwide problem that needs sorting.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:19 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:some triggered suburban boomers in here
Boomer!

I've got a way to go to be a boomer!

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:52 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Well, as me and my family cycle a lot and are regulary buzzed by these idiots, I'm going to say to you to shut the **** up.

Its just a matter of time before I'm hit by a car going like a lunatic on a supposedly safe road

Its a nationwide problem that needs sorting.
dreadful reply, needlessly rude, no class and clearly no control over your offensive comments.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:56 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Aye, I'm not familiar with the driving on Colne Road so I'm relying on the more balanced views on it (hint - not anything the racists say) but high speed driving by dickheads is a nationwide problem, not just on Colne Road.
Its isn't racist to say clone road has an issue with young asian drivers in high powered cars. Nor is it racist to say the A roads round your way have problems with middle age white blokes, riding high powered motorcycles.
I can imagine both scenarios being completely true.
What is silly is when someone who doesn't know anything about the issue we are discussing, taking some kind of morale high ground, and trying to **** down a debate that is going on in particular areas.
I have a friend who is both Asian and a traffic officer. We were discussing this very subject yesterday. He knows full well where certain problems lie. He liases with families of the deceased regularly. He spends as much time attending coroner's inquests and court cases S he does patrolling the roads and motorways.
Yesterday he told me that Lancashire constabulary are creating a road death team, and they want him to be a part of it. Road death numbers are rising and this is how the police are looking to address the issue

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:04 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:dreadful reply, needlessly rude, no class and clearly no control over your offensive comments.
It was as needlessly rude, as classy and had about as much control as yours did

Ok Boomer?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Damo wrote:Its isn't racist to say clone road has an issue with young asian drivers in high powered cars. Nor is it racist to say the A roads round your way have problems with middle age white blokes, riding high powered motorcycles.
What is silly is when someone who doesn't know anything about the issue we are discussing, taking some kind of morale high ground, and trying to **** down a debate that is going on in particular areas.
I have a friend who is both Asian and a traffic officer. We were discussing this very subject yesterday. He knows full well where certain problems lie. He liases with families of the deceased regularly. He spends as much time attending coroner's inquests and court cases S he does patrolling the roads and motorways.
Yesterday he told me that Lancashire constabulary are creating a road death team, and they want him to be a part of it. Road death numbers are rising and this is how the police are looking to address the issue
Whose grabbing the moral high ground?

I just stuck the bit in about racists because CM can't control himself

I agree wholeheartedly with the points being made that its idiot drivers that are to blame, in Colne Road its more likely to be Asians, on the A683 its more likely to be middle aged motorcyclists.

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Herts Clarets wrote:Over recent years there have been:

Driver killed after demolishing a garden wall over Higher Reedley Road
Driver killed after hitting a tree on the Ridge in Burnley
Passenger killed after car collides with wall on Colne Rd, nr Duke Bar
And now this which has killed a front seat passenger.

Dress it up however you like, the facts are that all the deceased in these incidents are young males of Pakistani heritage, most if not all were late night/early morning and all involved vehicles being driven at speed significantly over the legal limit of 30mph.

it is a hugely disproportionate number when compared with the percentage of local population they represent. Until the Police target the offenders and cease focusing their attention on catching drivers doing a couple of miles per hour over the limit, usually around the point that a speed limit changes, there will be more incidents like the above.
This is spot on. Yes other incidents happen but the majority of the time is young Pakistani lads racing round, no racism here just facts.

But you do gooders just keep pretending that they aint the issue yeah? Its not like their actions is causing your premiums to go through the roof is it?

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Some right tossas on the road full stop.... Where everyone is Racing to I'm not sure.
This user liked this post: Fenwick

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:20 pm

I think the observation made by Damo below could be directed at me - because I’m not “local”
All I ask that Damo reads my previous posts more closely. It was local for me for about 14 years and I still drive through that area regularly on the way to Turf Moor. That combined with my post where I admit my son (white boy) is part of the fraternity of idiots who drive high powered cars late at night. I’ve observed subtle racism on this board for years and also right out there in your face racism too, and I notice that it’s all too easy for other posters to identity “that part of town” with “them” and “probably insured by and elder” or “won’t be insured anyway” - all subconscious slurs at the Asian community.

I accept that there is a problem with young people in high powered cars (this is country wide) there is also a high percentage of Asians in Nelson and the surrounding area - I will not accept loose generalisations that infer the Asian community are to blame because they’re not.

The Quattro
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by The Quattro » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:22 pm

Damo wrote:Its isn't racist to say clone road has an issue with young asian drivers in high powered cars. Nor is it racist to say the A roads round your way have problems with middle age white blokes, riding high powered motorcycles.
Sounds like you know RQ then. I work with him and I'm sure he will tell you what we are up against. Unfortunately, knowing where the biggest problems lie and actually getting the time to deal with it are two different beasts entirely. I can plot up in a particular hot spot to do some enforcement and then be dispatched to a collision on the other side of Lancashire within minutes.

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:42 pm

I have seen discussions before where the race of the accused/ perpetrators is stated. Crash for cash insurance scams was one where the race of the people involved was often part of the discussion. It may or may not be factually correct to say the culprits were ‘ Asian’ or whatever, but what is the point? They are going to face the same consequences whatever their race. Or are we seeking different laws for different races/ cultures? What does it add to the discussion? Is it going to help the police deal with it? Imagine if we started saying burglary was mainly a catholic problem or shoplifting was mainly a white British problem ( I’m not saying that, just making up a daft comparison off the top of my head), would it help? My suspicion is that when race is linked to the incidents it could be by people who already have a a bit of an issue with people of that race to begin with.
These 5 users liked this post: FactualFrank Bosscat Lancasterclaret Rick_Muller Siddo

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:51 pm

RMutt wrote:I have seen discussions before where the race of the accused/ perpetrators is stated. Crash for cash insurance scams was one where the race of the people involved was often part of the discussion. It may or may not be factually correct to say the culprits were ‘ Asian’ or whatever, but what is the point? They are going to face the same consequences whatever their race. Or are we seeking different laws for different races/ cultures? What does it add to the discussion? Is it going to help the police deal with it? Imagine if we started saying burglary was mainly a catholic problem or shoplifting was mainly a white British problem ( I’m not saying that, just making up a daft comparison off the top of my head), would it help? My suspicion is that when race is linked to the incidents it could be by people who already have a a bit of an issue with people of that race to begin with.
No it couldn't ! there is a genuine disproportionate problem with car scams and uninsured and speeding drivers, anyone in this region saying otherwise is mistaken, or wants to take the discussion down a blind alley for other spurious reasons best known to themselves. Once a matter like this gets highlighted, there will inevitably be those clowns who use a scattergun approach to suggest anyone who disagrees must be racist and therefore clueless as to what goes on around them on a daily basis.
maybe save the catholic shoplifting thread for another day eh ?

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:15 pm

The Quattro wrote:Sounds like you know RQ then. I work with him and I'm sure he will tell you what we are up against. Unfortunately, knowing where the biggest problems lie and actually getting the time to deal with it are two different beasts entirely. I can plot up in a particular hot spot to do some enforcement and then be dispatched to a collision on the other side of Lancashire within minutes.
I do indeed. The areas you have to cover sound ridiculous. Aswell as all of the other parts of the job when you are not on the front line. It's not getting easier for you is it?

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Eyres_11 wrote:I agree that it isn't limited to that community, but I assure you, should you spend time driving around here would would change that opinion as 90% of the time it is the Asian community - that's not racist, it is what it is.

I do feel for the parents and the family, however I have no sympathy for the lad that has lost his life, he decided to speed down colne road in a car he clearly couldn't control. I am just glad he didn't take anyone but his moronic passenger with him.
Why is the deceased passenger "moronic"?

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Siddo wrote:Why is the deceased passenger "moronic"?
For getting in the car in the first place. Both morons.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:35 pm

The post tbh sums up a lot what's wrong with England as a whole.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:40 pm

I know if my mate was speeding or driving dangerously I'd ask to get out of the car.

Also I dont think it will have been the first time they have partaken in that sort of driving, so possibly were well aware on what they were going to do, or doing when the incident happened.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:49 pm

RMutt wrote:I have seen discussions before where the race of the accused/ perpetrators is stated. Crash for cash insurance scams was one where the race of the people involved was often part of the discussion. It may or may not be factually correct to say the culprits were ‘ Asian’ or whatever, but what is the point? They are going to face the same consequences whatever their race. Or are we seeking different laws for different races/ cultures? What does it add to the discussion? Is it going to help the police deal with it? Imagine if we started saying burglary was mainly a catholic problem or shoplifting was mainly a white British problem ( I’m not saying that, just making up a daft comparison off the top of my head), would it help? My suspicion is that when race is linked to the incidents it could be by people who already have a a bit of an issue with people of that race to begin with.
Spot on if there are any racist undertones to be drawn from this thread it has nothing to do with people stating that this dangerous driving problem on Colne rd is predominantly an Asian one. It would instead be that there is possibly a much greater appetite to highlight and get enraged about an issue when the perpetrators are of a certain race.

I would guess if this report would have named the parties involved and they would have been white lads then this thread would not have ever existed
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3436 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:55 pm

MACCA wrote:I know if my mate was speeding or driving dangerously I'd ask to get out of the car.

Also I dont think it will have been the first time they have partaken in that sort of driving, so possibly were well aware on what they were going to do, or doing when the incident happened.
You'd ask to get out of the car?
So all your mates drive everywhere within the speed limits?
I'm impressed.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm going to throw it out there that he's moronic for not wearing a seatbelt.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Spot on if there are any racist undertones to be drawn from this thread it has nothing to do with people stating that this dangerous driving problem on Colne rd is predominantly an Asian one. It would instead be that there is possibly a much greater appetite to highlight and get enraged about an issue when the perpetrators are of a certain race.

I would guess if this report would have named the parties involved and they would have been white lads then this thread would not have ever existed
Oh you must be correct ! because Im certain the local residents who take their lives and their childrens lives in their hands just trying to cross a road in a 30mph , wouldnt so much as raise an eyebrow if white lads drove at murderous speeds past their houses.
you must be deluded.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:01 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:You'd ask to get out of the car?
So all your mates drive everywhere within the speed limits?
I'm impressed.
Come on Sid, theres a difference between driving at 80 on a fully lit , dry motorway, and driving at speeds of upto 70mph on a dark , wet , town road at 02.40 using it as a race track.

You can see that can't you?

And just to answer your post, I've often said, "will you slow down", or "will you keep your eyes on the road" etc if a mate/driver seems to be letting standards slip.

Couldn't care less who's driving, or who's car it is, I'd like to make it home to see my kids in one peice.

Rick_Muller

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:I would guess if this report would have named the parties involved and they would have been white lads then this thread would not have ever existed
I’m sure the thread would have existed because dangerous driving happens on that stretch of road, but if it was a “John Smith and Dave Roberts” I’m certain that posters wouldn’t have questioned whether an “Elder” had got them insurance or used comments about “them” from “that part of town”

The Quattro
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by The Quattro » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Damo wrote:I do indeed. The areas you have to cover sound ridiculous. Aswell as all of the other parts of the job when you are not on the front line. It's not getting easier for you is it?
It’s certainly a challenge at the moment. I wish we had the numbers, but when our department has to cover roads policing as well as public order and searching it can be tough to cover demand. That said, the strain on immediate response teams at the moment is like nothing I’ve ever seen before.
This user liked this post: Damo

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:Oh you must be correct ! because Im certain the local residents who take their lives and their childrens lives in their hands just trying to cross a road in a 30mph , wouldnt so much as raise an eyebrow if white lads drove at murderous speeds past their houses.
you must be deluded.
Nope of course the local residents care regardless just as im sure there's all sorts of problems in all sorts of neighborhoods in Burnley.

My point wasnt about whether the locals care or not but was more to do with the appetite for there to be a thread on here cos as you will notice this does not tend to be a place of discussion for all the crimes, accidents, deaths and social ills of Burnley.

Some topics just seem to be hotter potatos than other topics and there is some trends to this

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2339 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Post by Clarets4me » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:43 pm

There is merit in both sides of this rather vigorous debate ...

Unfortunately, in this area, it is young men of Pakistani heritage that are mainly the problem ! The Police, given the resources, need to clamp down on this, if they can. My mother-in-law is 80 now and crippled with arthritis ... she has had to bury two of her three sons, one died in 1981 aged 21, having collapsed playing Football for the B.A.O.R. with a condition similar to that which caused Terry Yorath's son's death ... another in 1989, as a result of a Drugs overdose. I've seen the effect it's had on her, the sadness in her eyes, the tears on what would have been their birthdays,the use of alcohol to blank out the pain, on occasion, and much else.

I don't give a F**k what race, colour, or creed the miscreants are ! If the Police / Community Leaders / Imams / Vicars etc can save one set of parents the lifetime of heartache caused by that knock on the door in the middle of the night, then their efforts will be worth it ...

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:56 pm

MACCA wrote:Come on Sid, theres a difference between driving at 80 on a fully lit , dry motorway, and driving at speeds of upto 70mph on a dark , wet , town road at 02.40 using it as a race track.

You can see that can't you?

And just to answer your post, I've often said, "will you slow down", or "will you keep your eyes on the road" etc if a mate/driver seems to be letting standards slip.

Couldn't care less who's driving, or who's car it is, I'd like to make it home to see my kids in one peice.
Oh I can definitely see the difference in both and an accident at 80mph will kill you in both instances.

Driver ability is what's killed the passenger this time though, along with not wearing a seatbelt because having the seat tilted right back doesn't have the same look when the seatbelt is worn around the front of a person which is what a lot of the younger lads do, especially the Asian lads because they're all about image.
Having the seat tilted right back actually makes it harder to drive a car at speed/when racing and I've actually never understood why the morons do it :roll:

The only way to stop these accidents on that particular bit of road is to have more police there, more speed cameras and heavier fines when caught.

Doing over double the speed limit is an offence that can be punished with a jail term I think, but it probably won't happen.

karatekid
Been Liked: 1108 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Average speed cameras along the length of Colne Road is what is needed. ANPR to catch the uninsured etc and CCTV to provide evidence of poor driving. Expensive but what price another life?
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Bosscat

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10238 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:31 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:some triggered suburban boomers in here

No worries, Muff, your Tommy'll sort it out.....

Martinc265
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Martinc265 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:35 pm

In fifty years of riding/driving I have seen some idiotic driving and agree it’s getting worse as each year goes past. I have cameras on both my bike and car just in case I may need them. I was starting to get a complex about the posts regarding middle aged white men on motorbikes until I remembered I am an OAP motorcyclist
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat Rick_Muller lesxdp

Bullabill
Been Liked: 303 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Bullabill » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:50 pm

Where the hell is IT ?

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:04 pm

The police take death crash cars to Nelson on the back of trailers to show young people that it's not a music video when you get in a car. It's on youtube, I've watched it.

On the MG website last time I looked they had a disco going on in a car and revelers, completely mad advertising strategy.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:23 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I'm going to throw it out there that he's moronic for not wearing a seatbelt.
I'd say unwise if that's the case..and unfortunate in the circumstances to Lose his Life at such a young age.

Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:39 am

sensible, well adjusted people , with compassion shouldn't need educating by the local authorities or police about this issue. as if resources weren't limited enough without selfish ***** wasting time and money on monitoring this **** !!!! disgrace, and shame on anyone for even trying to explain why it should be tolerated.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:28 am

karatekid wrote:Average speed cameras along the length of Colne Road is what is needed. ANPR to catch the uninsured etc and CCTV to provide evidence of poor driving. Expensive but what price another life?
Do the cameras capture at night though when all this tends to happen, I’m a sensible driver myself or I like to think so, I’ve always been under the impression the cameras don’t detect in the dark, I could be wrong it wouldn’t be the first time on this thread, maybe another poster might know.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:32 am

Jakubclaret wrote:Do the cameras capture at night though when all this tends to happen, I’m a sensible driver myself or I like to think so, I’ve always been under the impression the cameras don’t detect in the dark, I could be wrong it wouldn’t be the first time on this thread, maybe another poster might know.
They have them on the motorways so I'd assume so.