Colne Road again.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Re: Colne Road again.

Post by nil_desperandum » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:08 pm

ClaretFelix wrote:Ive seen the CCTV footage, vehicle pulls out of Ivy Street and hit the Range Rover as it passed causing it to roll over and hit the lights. The driver ran off
Thanks for the update.
It will probably disappoint some on here that the most obvious and likely cause was indeed the reason for the collision.
The fact that the driver ran off, does somewhat blow my theory out of the water however, since if it was an "innocent" ("just one of those things") collision then you wouldn't expect the driver to run off.
I won't speculate why.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:48 pm

I witnessed an incident a couple of years back on the stretch of the road that runs from Bank Hall Bridge to Duke Bar. A car ran the lights at Hebrew Rd and collided with a pedestrian sending him flying through the air and shattering his leg and pelvis (I know the injuries caused as I had a couple of visits from the police when I had to give a statement and agreed if it came to court I would serve as a witness).
Let's just say the lad who was drivings version of events vastly differed from what actually happened.

And yes it was indeed two young Asian lads in a high powered Honda Civic who caused the substantial injuries to an innocent pedestrian

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 2039 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm

The actual road and area in question is indeed really bad for this type of driving. But believe me, locally it's not the worst.

I'd like to put forward the stretch of rd that runs from the Esso Garage at junction 12 of the M65, down through the set of lights (which are more often than not run by various drivers) at the Hibson Rd junction and down to the traffic lights in Nelson centre.

All times of day and night (more so at the weekend) can high powered ,and in some cases supercars (Lamborghini/Ferrari's) be heard and then seen hurtling at speeds greater than those on a motorway on that particular stretch of road

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:56 am

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:I witnessed an incident a couple of years back on the stretch of the road that runs from Bank Hall Bridge to Duke Bar. A car ran the lights at Hebrew Rd and collided with a pedestrian sending him flying through the air and shattering his leg and pelvis (I know the injuries caused as I had a couple of visits from the police when I had to give a statement and agreed if it came to court I would serve as a witness).
Let's just say the lad who was drivings version of events vastly differed from what actually happened.

And yes it was indeed two young Asian lads in a high powered Honda Civic who caused the substantial injuries to an innocent pedestrian

You're on dangerous ground with the sandal wearers who live out in the sticks.

They know that you are wrong, and probably something beginning with the letter R.
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 580 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:02 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:sandal wearers.
We got there eventually.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:06 am

Swizzlestick wrote:We got there eventually.

6 minutes, you're slacking.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:45 am

In your haste you’ve missed out “venomous”

Now that’s slacking.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie