Sad loss of three victories against Blackburn

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5267 times

Sad loss of three victories against Blackburn

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Our last three league games against our local rivals all ended in victories and were all screened live by Sky. I recorded them and have never deleted them, I still get inspiration from going back and seeing the Danny Ings, Scott Arfield and Andre Gray winners, but alas no more. I'm soon to get a new Sky box which means they will all be lost.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend one evening watching them all again before the final farewell.

IS THE 35 YEAR WAIT COMING TO AN END? IT MIGHT JUST BE COURTESY OF DANNY INGS.
This user liked this post: rincon

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8485 times
Has Liked: 18201 times

Re: Sad loss of three victories against Blackburn

Post by Bosscat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:43 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Our last three league games against our local rivals all ended in victories and were all screened live by Sky. I recorded them and have never deleted them, I still get inspiration from going back and seeing the Danny Ings, Scott Arfield and Andre Gray winners, but alas no more. I'm soon to get a new Sky box which means they will all be lost.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend one evening watching them all again before the final farewell.

IS THE 35 YEAR WAIT COMING TO AN END? IT MIGHT JUST BE COURTESY OF DANNY INGS.
I kept my old Sky Box Tony when I got a Sky HD box ... I have some stuff recorded on that hard drive that I still watch on a spare TV ... sono need to lose them m8 ......

Petersa
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by Petersa » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Come come Tony chin up .
Remember "nil illigitimus carborundum".......... loosely translates as dont let the bastards grind you down!

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Bosscat wrote:I kept my old Sky Box Tony when I got a Sky HD box ... I have some stuff recorded on that hard drive that I still watch on a spare TV ... sono need to lose them m8 ......
They are on a Sky HD box but I'm getting a Sky Q box so won't be able to use the old HD box.

JarrowClaret
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by JarrowClaret » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:51 pm

They are that important I would suggest buying a dvd recorder and disks just to save them and not lose them.
This user liked this post: ElectroClaret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:53 pm

JarrowClaret wrote:They are that important I would suggest buying a dvd recorder and disks just to save them and not lose them.
They are not really. I do have an old DVD recorder but it has been on its last legs for years and struggles to load now. I'll give them one last watch and spot myself celebrating in the Derrrrwin End.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:59 pm

ClaretTony wrote:They are on a Sky HD box but I'm getting a Sky Q box so won't be able to use the old HD box.
Dont try and connect it into the system Tony ... just use a scart or hdmi lead to a TV like I do ... for the content stored on the hard drive....
These 2 users liked this post: Tricky Trevor IanMcL

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4068 times
Has Liked: 1852 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:00 pm

A poor substitute, I know, because they're not the full games, but all those goals and highlights are available on YouTube.

I watch em often when I need a lift. 8-)

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:00 pm

I don't have Sky Q (as it doesn't cater for Magic Eye, and never found the need to record more than 2 channels at once), however when you get it, a search for Burnley might bring 1 or more of them up, to download. I've seen at least one of them over the last 12 months, but they seem to remove/add them intermittently.

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2936 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:04 pm

ClaretTony wrote:They are not really. I do have an old DVD recorder but it has been on its last legs for years and struggles to load now. I'll give them one last watch and spot myself celebrating in the Derrrrwin End.
I think the Dollopers refer to it as the Darrren End.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:11 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I don't have Sky Q (as it doesn't cater for Magic Eye, and never found the need to record more than 2 channels at once), however when you get it, a search for Burnley might bring 1 or more of them up, to download. I've seen at least one of them over the last 12 months, but they seem to remove/add them intermittently.
I'm only getting Sky Q because I called for my 18 monthly "I'm paying too much and I'd like to cancel" review and they offered me an incredible deal, throwing in the Q box and free Netflix. It would have been rude not to take it.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:17 pm

ClaretTony wrote:They are on a Sky HD box but I'm getting a Sky Q box so won't be able to use the old HD box.
I’ve just got sky q, the engineer left my old box and said it would still work if we plugged it in. Not tried it yet though.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:20 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I'm only getting Sky Q because I called for my 18 monthly "I'm paying too much and I'd like to cancel" review and they offered me an incredible deal, throwing in the Q box and free Netflix. It would have been rude not to take it.
My contract ended during the summer, but they told me they couldn't offer a better deal than my current month-to-month contract with existing discounts, and to call back in November when my discounts expire - so it's on my 'to do' list. I'm paying just over £60 for the box with Sky Sports, and it was nearer £40 until a couple of weeks ago, so will see what they can offer.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:I’ve just got sky q, the engineer left my old box and said it would still work if we plugged it in. Not tried it yet though.
They've changed the system now. Prior to Sky Q you owned the box but you only loan the Q box so they take it back if you cancel.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2460 times
Has Liked: 1989 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Depending how long you have had your old box you own it. Don’t let them have it.
With modern boxes I believe you lease them.
We have our old uk default box still in use in the bedroom for free to view only, it’s 20yo. It is also your back up if your Q goes kaputt.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:Depending how long you have had your old box you own it. Don’t let them have it.
With modern boxes I believe you lease them.
We have our old uk default box still in use in the bedroom for free to view only, it’s 20yo. It is also your back up if your Q goes kaputt.
Thats why I kept mine mate very similar :D .

I bought my Sky HD box and Dish to replace our old system (bought a satfinder too) for £40 on E-bay quite a few years ago and fitted it myself. Simple really and with the satfinder (£12 on E-bay) have realigned a few m8s Skyboxes that had moved in bad weather for a few free Ales saving them call outs.

I always laugh when that phone call comes through telling me I need to insure against my Sky box going wrong.... have had my Sky HD for over 10 years now cost just over £50 (inc Sat finder) The Insurance lot want £6 to £8 a month ..... Plus all the free ale I've earned and I can put the old Sky+ box on to the Spare Kitchen TV just for watching stuff on its hard drive .
Last edited by Bosscat on Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:52 pm

It'll be 10 years since they've beaten us next march,assuming we don't draw them in the FA cup,here's to at least another decade :)
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Cajun

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 353 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:54 pm

May I introduce you to YouTube...

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:01 pm

tiger76 wrote:It'll be 10 years since they've beaten us next march,assuming we don't draw them in the FA cup,here's to at least another decade :)
It’s good isn’t it. When we finally beat them in 2014 I wrote in my report that they couldn’t hurt us any longer. Beating them still remains so special to me after all these years. I was at that game with friends who had never seen us beat them and I asked them if it was every bit as good as they thought it would be. Much better was the response.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:07 pm

ClaretTony wrote:They are not really. I do have an old DVD recorder but it has been on its last legs for years and struggles to load now. I'll give them one last watch and spot myself celebrating in the Derrrrwin End.
I hope you remained seated!

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2460 times
Has Liked: 1989 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:21 pm

Bosscat wrote: I bought my Sky HD box and Dish to replace our old system (bought a satfinder too) for £40 on E-bay quite a few years ago and fitted it myself. Simple really and with the satfinder (£12 on E-bay) have realigned a few m8s Skyboxes that had moved in bad weather for a few free Ales saving them call outs.
We were caravanners and we took our sky box and a tv everytime. With the satfinder it was so easy to set up.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:33 pm

ClaretTony wrote:It’s good isn’t it. When we finally beat them in 2014 I wrote in my report that they couldn’t hurt us any longer. Beating them still remains so special to me after all these years. I was at that game with friends who had never seen us beat them and I asked them if it was every bit as good as they thought it would be. Much better was the response.
They used to constantly bang on about the 30+ years undefeated record,but there was a 17 years period 1983-2000 when we didn't play them in a competitive match,including the League Cup win we're now 4 in a row against them,the last time we had a run as good was in the glory years of the 1960's,i didn't realise we'd actually lost our first 6 meetings against them back in Queen Victoria's reign,so now we have a 42-41 head-to-head record it shows our superiority since those early days,however much they'll constantly crow about buying the PL.