Northern Monkeys - You're being conned

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Re: Northern Monkeys - You're being conned

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:25 am

As suspected it's a fake. The message IDs aren't consistent.

I wonder where it came from: Remainers wanting to stir the pot or Leavers wanting to discredit the leaked messages?

jackmiggins
Been Liked: 197 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by jackmiggins » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 am

I despair if people don’t realise that the last three years have been spent by Whitehall plotting a U turn on the referendum. The EU is so close to implosion & I, for one, don’t want to be any part of fiscal support to this German dictation. We will be much better positioned when it all unravels.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:29 am

Oh Lordy, if only you'd told us this three years ago............ :roll:

jackmiggins

Post by jackmiggins » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:03 am

I did

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:59 am

jackmiggins wrote:I despair if people don’t realise that the last three years have been spent by Whitehall plotting a U turn on the referendum. The EU is so close to implosion & I, for one, don’t want to be any part of fiscal support to this German dictation. We will be much better positioned when it all unravels.
Whatever you are drinking, its way too strong for 8 am

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:01 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Whatever you are drinking, its way too strong for 8 am
Got no actual response to his point?

Shame.

But you keep on trying!

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:04 am

tarkys_ears wrote:Got no actual response to his point?

Shame.

But you keep on trying!

You believe what you want to believe, not what is actually true.

You wouldn't do that with anything else other than Brexit, which makes it even more bizarre.

jackmiggins

Post by jackmiggins » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:37 am

Still waiting

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:56 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:You believe what you want to believe, not what is actually true.

You wouldn't do that with anything else other than Brexit, which makes it even more bizarre.
Everybody has the right to believe what they want to whether it's true or not, as long as it fits their preconceived ideas.

As proven by the unquestioning comments on this thread in response to a fake. Two sides of the same coin.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:00 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:You believe what you want to believe, not what is actually true.

How many remainers within this thread are you referring to?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:39 am

jackmiggins wrote:Still waiting
For what?

You've just made up three lines of horseshit and I'm still laughing that anyone could possibly believe it.

Then I remember where I'm posting though

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:41 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:How many remainers within this thread are you referring to?
Show me the evidence that backs up your view.

Its been almost four years of made up stuff.

We are still waiting.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:42 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Look, I know Dominic Raab is a few Non-disclosure agreements short of a proper Conservative politician but not even someone as dumb as him is going to sign himself off as "Raab"

Sounds like he should be in Dune!
I know someone, Jon Sykes, who prefers people to call him Sykes. Raab seems good to me.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:46 am

Hipper wrote:I know someone, Jon Sykes, who prefers people to call him Sykes. Raab seems good to me.
Whether or not he signs himself off that way is not at issue; it was a fake exchange. Who faked it? Who knows. Supporters of Arron Banks may feel muddying the waters is good. The glee with which it was jumped on here and on Twitter suggests the suggestion played well with those opposed to him as well.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:48 am

Hipper wrote:I know someone, Jon Sykes, who prefers people to call him Sykes. Raab seems good to me.
You've heard and seen him on TV.

He's defo the sort that gets his staff to call him "sir"

No way he calls himself Raab.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1162 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by burnleymik » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:48 am

Oh crikey, many remainers claim Brexiteers to be gullible, yet they have sucked up and swallowed this one whole.

They could have at least tried to make it look credible.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:55 am

burnleymik wrote:Oh crikey, many remainers claim Brexiteers to be gullible, yet they have sucked up and swallowed this one whole.

They could have at least tried to make it look credible.
Someone has clearly hacked Aaron Banks DMs (which is a crime)

There will be stuff in there that Banks would rather no one knew about

Almost certainly the stuff that is like this is going to be fake (and again, almost certainly released to muddy the waters still further)

But the funniest thing yesterday was seeing both Banks and Wigmore moaning about data protection being breached and being mercilessly destroyed by everyone pointing out that they got fined for doing exactly the same thing when they were in Vote Leave.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:05 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Show me the evidence that backs up your view.

Its been almost four years of made up stuff.

We are still waiting.
You do realise what this thread is about don't you?

People believing made up stuff because they want to.

Maybe you want to turn a blind eye with it being remainer's?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:11 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:You do realise what this thread is about don't you?

Check the post I'm replying to

I'll accept your apology after that

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:14 am

NottsClaret wrote:Some people are so far gone, so down the line with their docile, obedient subservience it really doesn't matter what Banks, Farage or Johnson say.

They've decided to slavishly cower to these ludicrous toffs and it's impossible to get back up off their knees now, even while they laugh at you.
18 people liked this post.

The smug lack of self-awareness is tellingly ironic, and is only further highlighted by this fake post.

But that's this forum for you, an echo-chamber of pseudo-toffs who have absolutely nothing in common with the regular burnley folk they claim to be a part of.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:17 am

So Banks has his Twitter account hacked and as well as a lot of genuine data being stolen someone has posted a fake message and a remainer has shared it on here with some believing it is true

On the other hand Brexit poster on here as posted a load of made up nonsense he has read somewhere about a Whitehall plot, imminent EU implosion, and some German dictatorship .

Dont worry though Quickenthetempo has his finger on the pulse and he can tell its us remainers are the gullible ones who'll believe anything

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:18 am

ClaretMoffitt wrote:18 people liked this post.

The smug lack of self-awareness is tellingly ironic, and is only further highlighted by this fake post.

But that's this forum for you, an echo-chamber of pseudo-toffs who have absolutely nothing in common with the regular burnley folk they claim to be a part of.
Triggered!

You are a great example of what a constant diet of fake news can do to a poster if we are being honest.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:23 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Someone has clearly hacked Aaron Banks DMs (which is a crime)

There will be stuff in there that Banks would rather no one knew about

Almost certainly the stuff that is like this is going to be fake (and again, almost certainly released to muddy the waters still further)

But the funniest thing yesterday was seeing both Banks and Wigmore moaning about data protection being breached and being mercilessly destroyed by everyone pointing out that they got fined for doing exactly the same thing when they were in Vote Leave.
Unfortunately, guilty of the very things you decry in others.

It is not "almost certain" that fake snippets are a counter-measure. It's certainly a possibility but satire, general messing about or a desire to over-egg the pudding account for a lot more than "100% - almost certain".

Banks and Wigmore didn't do "exactly the same thing". The fines were for sending unsolicited texts and emails. Clearly not allowed and quite rightly fines have been levied but equating it to hacking someone's private communication is either foolish or deliberately misleading.
This user liked this post: burnleymik

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:31 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Check the post I'm replying to

I'll accept your apology after that
An apology haha.

Just admit everyone only reads and believes what they want to hear.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:32 am

thatdberight wrote:Unfortunately, guilty of the very things you decry in others.

It is not "almost certain" that fake snippets are a counter-measure. It's certainly a possibility but satire, general messing about or a desire to over-egg the pudding account for a lot more than "100% - almost certain".

Banks and Wigmore didn't do "exactly the same thing". The fines were for sending unsolicited texts and emails. Clearly not allowed and quite rightly fines have been levied but equating it to hacking someone's private communication is either foolish or deliberately misleading.
Er, right

I'm just checked what I've posted so I'm reading the same thing as you appear to be

I called it a "crime".

Its also clearly someone breaking the data protection act to do it.

Which is what Banks and Wigmore did, which is why people are taking the ****.

And again, and this is very important, there is a lot of fake news being shunted out to muddy the waters about this election.

I'm pretty comfortable that the people who have made that kind of thing their modus operandi will be using it to try to cover the actual real stuff that has been leaked.

But if you want to argue that Banks and Wigmore haven't been hoisted by their own petard, knock yourself out.

*Edited for damn auto correct spelling mistake! Cheers!
Last edited by Lancasterclaret on Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:33 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:You do realise what this thread is about don't you?

That is the whole problem with the Brexit debate mate and it continues apace. Remainers are all too ready to tell Leavers that they have been lied to and conned and generally put down otherwise intelligent people but they throw their collective hands up in despair if they are accused of being gullible. No-one with an ounce of intelligence would deny that we have been lied to but Remainers like to think they have a monopoly on the truth and completely forget the remain campaigns 'project fear', which still carries on with gusto. The 'we have been lied to' argument is really all they have because in essence no-one actually knows what leave will bring. I believe that in the final analysis the whole thing will be a bit like the millenium bug and the whole fear scam will be proved to be just that. I could be wrong but I am willing to take that chance.

Just a word of warning though: don't ever tell a remainer they have been conned or lied to - they can't handle it because it's their weapon in the argument not ours. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:33 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:So Banks has his Twitter account hacked and as well as a lot of genuine data being stolen someone has posted a fake message and a remainer has shared it on here with some believing it is true

On the other hand Brexit poster on here as posted a load of made up nonsense he has read somewhere about a Whitehall plot, imminent EU implosion, and some German dictatorship .

Dont worry though Quickenthetempo has his finger on the pulse and he can tell its us remainers are the gullible ones who'll believe anything
Must try harder Devil.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:34 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:An apology haha.

Just admit everyone only reads and believes what they want to hear.
Nope

That is what you do.

It is not what I do.

I absolutely hate reading stuff that challenges my views, but I have to read it, or I'll just never change my mind on anything.

I just wish more of you on here tried it occasionally.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:36 am

houseboy wrote:That is the whole problem with the Brexit debate mate and it continues apace. Remainers are all too ready to tell Leavers that they have been lied to and conned and generally put down otherwise intelligent people but they throw their collective hands up in despair if they are accused of being gullible. No-one with an ounce of intelligence would deny that we have been lied to but Remainers like to think they have a monopoly on the truth and completely forget the remain campaigns 'project fear', which still carries on with gusto. The 'we have been lied to' argument is really all they have because in essence no-one actually knows what leave will bring. I believe that in the final analysis the whole thing will be a bit like the millenium bug and the whole fear scam will be proved to be just that. I could be wrong but I am willing to take that chance.

Just a word of warning though: don't ever tell a remainer they have been conned or lied to - they can't handle it because it's their weapon in the argument not ours. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, its a view.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:39 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Nope

That is what you do.

It is not what I do.

I absolutely hate reading stuff that challenges my views, but I have to read it, or I'll just never change my mind on anything.

I just wish more of you on here tried it occasionally.
I'm sure your alright in real life, but you seem so far up your own arse on here it's untrue.
Last edited by Quickenthetempo on Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:44 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:Well, its a view.
True mate, absolutely true. And that is all it can ever be because everyone is arguing from a point of view of no real knowledge. Even alleged 'experts' cannot agree on the outcome, which is why I laugh a little when people start dragging 'proofs' off the internet that support their argument then someone else drags off another 'proof' to try to prove them wrong. This is why I never get dragged into the 'evidence' nonsense you so often see on here because I am certain you could 'prove' the moon is made of green cheese if you look hard enough on Google.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat BertiesBeehole

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:46 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:I'm sure your alright in real life but you seem so far up your own arse on here it's untrue.
I'm perfectly normal in real life, but I'm just as unwilling to put up with bullshit in real life as I am on here.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:49 am

houseboy wrote:True mate, absolutely true. And that is all it can ever be because everyone is arguing from a point of view of no real knowledge. Even alleged 'experts' cannot agree on the outcome, which is why I laugh a little when people start dragging 'proofs' off the internet that support their argument then someone else drags off another 'proof' to try to prove them wrong. This is why I never get dragged into the 'evidence' nonsense you so often see on here because I am certain you could 'prove' the moon is made of green cheese if you look hard enough on Google.
Well no

Look, the experts for agree what is good about Brexit are massively outnumbered by those who disagree.

You wouldn't question a group of doctors when 99 said "this is good for your child" and 1 said "this is bad for your child" would you?

All you have to do is have the same checks and balances on Brexit as you do on every other decision you make.

Thats all

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:51 am

Lancasterclaret wrote: Its also clearly someone breaking the data protection act to do it.
Oh, dear. Different laws with different regimes and very different penalties. Do you reckon any hacker caught will get a MCP?
Lancasterclaret wrote: But if you want to argue that Banks and Wigmore haven't been hosted by their own petard, knock yourself out.
hoist*

I'm not arguing that at all. Nor that someone sympathetic didn't do it to muddy the waters. In fact I mentioned twice previously on this thread as a possibility. I just don't want to be negligent in ignoring other possibilities which, for all your earnest protestations, you do. Because you've decided it's their MO so they're good for that one too.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:53 am

thatdberight wrote:Oh, dear. Different laws with different regimes and very different penalties. Do you reckon any hacker caught will get a MCP?

hoist*

I'm not arguing that at all. Nor that someone sympathetic didn't do it to muddy the waters. In fact I mentioned twice previously on this thread as a possibility. I just don't want to be negligent in ignoring other possibilities which, for all your earnest protestations, you do. Because you've decided it's their MO so they're good for that one too.
Nope, I said its a "almost certain"

And I said that its what they do, and they have done it time and time again.

I mean, you won't even admit its their MO!?!

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:Must try harder Devil.
I agree you certainly should

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote: I mean, you won't even admit its their MO!?!
Well, I must find it credible that they would do it or I wouldn't have led with that as a sensible explanation: three times up to now and counting.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Well no

Look, the experts for agree what is good about Brexit are massively outnumbered by those who disagree.

You wouldn't question a group of doctors when 99 said "this is good for your child" and 1 said "this is bad for your child" would you?

All you have to do is have the same checks and balances on Brexit as you do on every other decision you make.

Thats all
For one thing I am certain that the fors don't outnumber the againsts at 99/1. The other factor that remainers seem to overlook is that many of the remain supporters who are telling us that everything is going to be awful have vested interests in remaining. Many are owners/directors/in the pay of companies who rely heavily on membership, some even have EU contracts. Now they are not doing anything wrong because in the scheme of things for them yes leaving would be a problem and if I were them maybe I would be saying the same thing, but their 'objectivity' has to be questioned don't you think? I also think that experts on BOTH sides of the argument are arguing from a point of uncertainty because with something like this, that has no real precedent, there can be no certainties. We are arguing mainly from theories and prejudices. There have been many arguments about Brexit, some valid and some not so but one thing we can, or should, all agree on is that lies have been flung like confetti from BOTH sides. Even some of the so-called experts may have an agenda, we don't know.
I don't have a problem with Remainers wanting to remain and I am sure some of their arguments hold water, the only problems I do have is their complete disregard for a democratic result and the fact that many have accused Leavers of being either racists or stupid or both. They can't seem to get their heads around the fact that many or even most Leavers just don't like the whole edifice and see it as corrupt, undemocratic and megalomaniacal.
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Thats all
Dunno, wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Venn diagram showing anti-vaxers and Brexit supporters was a couple of concentric circles.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:51 pm

martin_p wrote:Dunno, wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Venn diagram showing anti-vaxers and Brexit supporters was a couple of concentric circles.
Leavers three times more likely to believe Prince andrew than remainers is the one that stuck in my mind yesterday.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8428 times
Has Liked: 18097 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:53 pm

Thats all
No but what happens if the one doctor was right and the ninetynine doctors are proved wrong and the child is in intensive care..........

;) ;) ;)

Leave "in or out" to the experts .... after all they seem to know what they aren't doing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:55 pm

martin_p wrote:Dunno, wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Venn diagram showing anti-vaxers and Brexit supporters was a couple of concentric circles.
I prefer the GTech Air-ram to Vax any day of the week

Don't you mean "egocentric" circles judging by the arguments on here :lol: :lol: :lol:

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Thats all
My mother questioned the doctors when 99% of them said "take thalidomide, it's good for your morning sickness".
These 3 users liked this post: burnleymik houseboy Bosscat

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:28 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Leavers three times more likely to believe Prince andrew than remainers is the one that stuck in my mind yesterday.
Now that is not your usual measured response Lancaster. I wouldn't believe a royal if they said my hair was grey. :lol:

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Bosscat wrote:No but what happens if the one doctor was right and the ninetynine doctors are proved wrong and the child is in intensive care..........

;) ;) ;)

Leave "in or out" to the experts .... after all they seem to know what they aren't doing :lol: :lol: :lol:
What exactly IS an expert anyway Boss? How do you have an expert on something with no historical precedent? On what do these 'experts' base their assumptions? And how can anyone make a judgement on what any politician says when you have to have a degree in lying to actually become one? There is only one way to find out what will happen and that is to get the hell out of it.

Has anyone actually thought of the obvious? If the EU would allow why can't there be a clause allowing us another referendum if things don't seem to be going right, with re-entry if the result says 'rejoin'? Or does that seem altogether too grown up an option?

All this apart how is the daily fight for existence going on - hope the Vatican haven't caught up with you yet. The wrack is a terrible instrument (but then so is the bagpipe).
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:01 pm

houseboy wrote: All this apart how is the daily fight for existence going on - hope the Vatican haven't caught up with you yet. The wrack is a terrible instrument (but then so is the bagpipe).
Is the "Wrack" trial by Seaweed :D :D :D

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:17 pm

dsr wrote:My mother questioned the doctors when 99% of them said "take thalidomide, it's good for your morning sickness".
See you’re continuing with your ‘get it wrong once, can ignore every expert in that field forever’ mantra.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:31 pm

martin_p wrote:See you’re continuing with your ‘get it wrong once, can ignore every expert in that field forever’ mantra.
I think he's reacting a bit tongue in cheek bud with regard to Lancasters bad analogy vis-a-vis the number of 'experts' in favour of leave. I don't think Lancaster was being too serious either - at least I hope not as if he was he would be leaving himself open to claims of hyperbole. :D

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:38 pm

houseboy wrote:I think he's reacting a bit tongue in cheek bud with regard to Lancasters bad analogy vis-a-vis the number of 'experts' in favour of leave. I don't think Lancaster was being too serious either - at least I hope not as if he was he would be leaving himself open to claims of hyperbole. :D
What Lancaster needs is a "Factcheck" tw*tter account :?

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Bosscat wrote:Is the "Wrack" trial by Seaweed :D :D :D
Ha ha - so you noticed the deliberate mis-spelling? There's no catching you out Boss. Seriously I don't know what I was thinking there (actually I've just had a seaweed lunch from Ho Chi Wans Wrack Bar so it must be that).

As an aside my old bass player in the band (he's from Dundee - said in a Basil Fawlty kind of way) now lives in a swamp somewhere in the north of Scotland and makes his living as a self employed seaweed collector. They only got connected to the electricity about 2 years ago and used to shower under a contraption that involved a bucket and lots of cold water. He's miles from anywhere decent (that could be almost anywhere in Scotland I hear you say) and lives a very spartan life (yes he does have a family) but he has a very modern and expensive looking 4 wheel drive in the yard of the dilapidated farm he lives in. The future is seaweed mate.