Amir Khan

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2970 times
Has Liked: 2069 times

Amir Khan

Post by Funkydrummer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:55 pm

Off out now to pick grandchildren up from school, but thought I would chuck this one into
the great big melting pot that is UTC. Some of the comments in the LET make your eyes water !! :lol:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/n ... our-queen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

moaninclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Re: Amir Khan

Post by moaninclaret » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:53 pm

I think the lad is clutching at straws, there have been many British boxers better than him over the years who haven't been honoured, ok he does his bit for charity but so do plenty of other sporting stars, he says that maybe hes been forgotten but he is a has been and maybe he wants to resurrect his failing career.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2292 times
Has Liked: 2165 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Nothing wrong with what he's saying, fantastic boxer, Olympic silver medallist, world champion - a little like AJ who has an OBE.

I like the guy, he's not the brightest so does put his foot in it now and again but some of the stick I hear him get from my friends and family all boils down to the fact he's a Pakistani and proud of his British Pakistani roots which annoys me. They always want him to lose, and I remember being away watching England in a bar and England fans celebrated and laughed at him getting knocked out by Breidis Prescott.
This user liked this post: Damo

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:12 pm

This is the very reason people like me and Bosscat left the Burnley forum on the Telegraph. It makes this one look like a children's playground. Personal insults are the order of the day and stupid unfounded comments abound.

This is why I don't get too upset and angry at people on here because whatever has been said to me on here (and to be honest it's not been that bad) is nothing to what people on the Telegraph forums have to put up with.

It's a ridiculous publication that says it cannot ban someone by their IP address for being abusive. I did try once because a Rover tried (and largely succeeded) in completely destroying the Claret forum by posting things that weren't even comments just thousands of random letters (probably by leaning on his keyboard for a minute or so) so that the forum literally became unreadable. I wasn't trying to silence him, we had many arguments, but what he did was just an act of online vandalism. If anyone doubts how bad it was ask Bosscat....get him to tell you about the troll with over 60 user names who even had a couple that pretended to be disaffected Clarets. The guy was insane and many people left because the Telegraph wouldn't do anything about it. On the other hand a mad Claret who used to troll the Rovers forum got banned regularly, which tells you everything you need to know about that rag.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Juan Tanamera

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 1515 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:Off out now to pick grandchildren up from school, but thought I would chuck this one into
the great big melting pot that is UTC. Some of the comments in the LET make your eyes water !! :lol:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/n ... our-queen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's like an extension of this board.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8485 times
Has Liked: 18201 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:26 pm

houseboy wrote:This is the very reason people like me and Bosscat left the Burnley forum on the Telegraph. It makes this one look like a children's playground. Personal insults are the order of the day and stupid unfounded comments abound.

If anyone doubts how bad it was ask Bosscat....get him to tell you about the troll with over 60 user names who even had a couple that pretended to be disaffected Clarets. The guy was insane and many people left because the Telegraph wouldn't do anything about it.

On the other hand a mad Claret who used to troll the Rovers forum got banned regularly, which tells you everything you need to know about that rag.
It hasn't changed house, I still pop in to see whats happening, the Stocky Blue character is on his zillionth ban... he just sets up a new email and log in and is accepted... Bond is back (different name) and Keano is probably there but not sure.

Roger Airey at newsquest has been emailed and he says all they can do is ban him everytime someone complains. But they cannot stop him just creating a new identity. Even threats of police involvement for "hate crimes" does not deter the disgusting parasite.

His Racist hatred and Homophobia doesn't seem to make the Lancashire Telegraph sit up and take notice.

There are only about 5 genuine Clarets who frequent that site now.... Gordaleman (now Malhamman due to getting a ban for saying something about the LT not sorting the Troll) , myself (also a name change for similar reasons to GD) tall in the saddle, geoff44 and offside (from New Zealand) plus a few other intermittent visitors.
But the disgusting Troll and IT's various user names still abuse and create havoc....
Last edited by Bosscat on Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2460 times
Has Liked: 1989 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:28 pm

As I'm totally against any form of honour system I won't be crying for him but one thing I can guarantee is he won't get anything by bleating about it.
Just shut up and let other people tell your story.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:20 pm

He has a fair point in that lesser deserving people have been honoured.

He 'opened' a double decker bus / library at a primary school next to where I work a couple of months ago so he's doing his bit for good causes........

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2292 times
Has Liked: 2165 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Sutton-Claret wrote:He has a fair point in that lesser deserving people have been honoured.

He 'opened' a double decker bus / library at a primary school next to where I work a couple of months ago so he's doing his bit for good causes........
He does love the praise that goes with it for his charity (as half do) but I’ve always said to people who complain about those that love the praise for giving... who also wins? Those lesser off

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3077 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:35 pm

He doesn't sound bitter. It sounds more like a reporter has asked him a question of why he hasnt received an award, then forgot to mention the question in the report.
A common set up for cheap journalists.
These 2 users liked this post: Burnley1989 Tricky Trevor

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:50 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:He doesn't sound bitter. It sounds more like a reporter has asked him a question of why he hasnt received an award, then forgot to mention the question in the report.
A common set up for cheap journalists.
Well it is the Lancashire Blackburnegraph .... they also have a reputation for not proof reading articles ...

Funnily enough one of them must have used a "voice to type" programme on a Sean Dyche interview :lol: and published it without checking....

Needless to say a load of glaring errors were pointed out by people on the forum... it got taken down and reposted corrected without the comments.....

"Typo" Tyrone Marshall now works for the Manchester Evening News as a Sports writer.......

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:52 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:Nothing wrong with what he's saying, fantastic boxer, Olympic silver medallist, world champion - a little like AJ who has an OBE.

I like the guy, he's not the brightest so does put his foot in it now and again but some of the stick I hear him get from my friends and family all boils down to the fact he's a Pakistani and proud of his British Pakistani roots which annoys me. They always want him to lose, and I remember being away watching England in a bar and England fans celebrated and laughed at him getting knocked out by Breidis Prescott.
This sums it up perfectly for me.
Cant think of many British boxers who have achieved as much as Khan.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6477 times
Has Liked: 2908 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:Off out now to pick grandchildren up from school, but thought I would chuck this one into

Some of the team of 66 had to wait 33 years for recognition I think Khan shouldn't hold his breath waiting for a call.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Steve1956 wrote:Some of the team of 66 had to wait 33 years for recognition I think Khan shouldn't hold his breath waiting for a call.
Different times, though. These days you get a gong for falling over in a sporting event. Well, not quite, but you get my drift. If that fails - donate some serious dosh to the governing political party of the day.

The British honours system should be scrapped. Yes, there are people who get an honour for doing worthwhile things in their community, but even this is sullied by the rank hypocrisy of political patronage that goes with the whole shebang.
These 2 users liked this post: Steve1956 fatboy47

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6477 times
Has Liked: 2908 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:52 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:Different times, though. These days you get a gong for falling over in a sporting event. Well, not quite, but you get my drift. If that fails - donate some serious dosh to the governing political party of the day.

The British honours system should be scrapped. Yes, there are people who get an honour for doing worthwhile things in their community, but even this is sullied by the rank hypocrisy of political patronage that goes with the whole shebang.
Totally agree.
This user liked this post: Billy Balfour

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:22 am

Bosscat wrote:It hasn't changed house, I still pop in to see whats happening, the Stocky Blue character is on his zillionth ban... he just sets up a new email and log in and is accepted... Bond is back (different name) and Keano is probably there but not sure.

Roger Airey at newsquest has been emailed and he says all they can do is ban him everytime someone complains. But they cannot stop him just creating a new identity. Even threats of police involvement for "hate crimes" does not deter the disgusting parasite.

His Racist hatred and Homophobia doesn't seem to make the Lancashire Telegraph sit up and take notice.

There are only about 5 genuine Clarets who frequent that site now.... Gordaleman (now Malhamman due to getting a ban for saying something about the LT not sorting the Troll) , myself (also a name change for similar reasons to GD) tall in the saddle, geoff44 and offside (from New Zealand) plus a few other intermittent visitors.
But the disgusting Troll and IT's various user names still abuse and create havoc....
They have the ability and duty to remove the posts.

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:13 am

IanMcL wrote:They have the ability and duty to remove the posts.
They do but the Troll just logs in with new identity and email