Dyche to West Ham

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Re: Dyche to West Ham

Post by houseboy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:43 am

Oh my f*cking goodness. We are 7th in the PL at a third of the season. We are above Arsenal, Spurs and United. Life for a Claret is good and all some people can do in their desire to be miserable is discuss Dyche leaving, yet again. And to an inferior club by far. The only move for Dyche in this or any other instance is in your bloody heads - get over yourselves and discuss as and when there may be any grain of truth or semblance of reality. I am convinced there are those on here who want to be 'first with the news' of Dyche leaving so continually start nonsense threads so that if it ever happens they can say I told you so.

I have a mate whose brother-in-law works at a cafe in London and his mates wife knows a bloke who works for an estate agency and one of the guys there is friends with one of the stewards at West Ham and he says he has heard rumours about Dyche going to the 'Ammers if and when their manager is sacked - but apparently he isn't certain as at this stage it is only a rumour started by one of their fans in a pub after yet another defeat. But the fan concerned had had 15 pints with whisky chasers.

Dyche starts on Monday.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 833 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:12 am

Giftonsnoidea wrote:Car crash of a team and the stadium is not a football stadium, fans are half a mile away from the pitch.
Average attendence of almost 60k last season, three times as much as us (20k) and half as much again than Chelsea or Everton(40k).
If they seriously came in for him I reckon he'd go, most managers are confident enough in their abilities to take their coaching staff and methodology to another club where the owners give them a season to make improvements.

ecc
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Post by ecc » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:25 am

"Dyche doesn't play the West Ham way, no chance."

Not sure West Ham play "the West Ham way", whatever that is.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat FactualFrank

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:29 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:Average attendence of almost 60k last season, three times as much as us (20k) and half as much again than Chelsea or Everton(40k).
If they seriously came in for him I reckon he'd go, most managers are confident enough in their abilities to take their coaching staff and methodology to another club where the owners give them a season to make improvements.
How many times have they been champions of England? Oh, that'll be never.
What have they ever done on their illustrious history? Oh, that'll be nothing much then.

They are a nothing club who just happen to have a massive catchment area in a city with a hundred times the population of Burnley. Their under-achievement over the course of their history is nothing short of staggering. Accrington boast they are the biggest little club in the world. West Ham are the smallest big club in the world.
These 5 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Bosscat Colburn_Claret Dannyh1882 Lisbonclaret

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:23 am

FactualFrank wrote:When is he contracted until? Wouldn't any team have to pay us a decent wack to get him now?
Depends, Dyche may have insisted on a clause in his contract that allows him to talk to other clubs if they make an approach. But I'd still imagine we'd get some good compensation for him were he to leave.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:35 am

I think he will be ooc in 2023

NL Claret
Been Liked: 522 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:39 am

ecc wrote:"Dyche doesn't play the West Ham way, no chance."

BFS was criticised for not playing the "West Ham way" - in his book he wrote that no one actually knows what the "West Ham way" is!!

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:40 am

I very much doubt that West Ham will go for Dyche - his profile and reputation for attritional football (whether fair or not) are simply not compatible with the way West Ham and their owners think of themselves (whether rightly or not), either in terms of size of club and reputation or way of playing. The same definitely goes for Arsenal and probably (although less certainly) applies to Everton.

However, the only thing that's certain is that Dyche will leave Burnley at some point, and unless that comes after we've been relegated, it will be to enable him to go to a bigger club. There's never going to be a good time for that, and in truth this winter after a decent first half of the season and with a good solid squad in place may be as good a time as ever.

It's an ever present risk, so it's not worth getting worried about.
These 2 users liked this post: Danieljwaterhouse Quicknick

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:55 am

It is firmly stuck in the past. They see themselves as purveyors of playing football "the right way", which in their history has tended to mean the odd cup run and yo yoing between the top 2 divisions and generally being unsuccessful. Apart from of course in the eyes of their fans, they won the World Cup.

I went to The Boleyn a few seasons back when they played Palace, BFS was still Hammers boss. The abuse that was hurled his way from the stands because they weren't playing "the West Ham way" was unreal. I thought one of the cockernee geezers sat behind us (which was a party of 100 or so children from 10 years old upwards) was going to have a coronary. Play the fa***ng West Ham way, get out of my fa****g club you fa****g northern **** was one of his outbursts. Then Palace played a long ball to one of their speedy forwards who broke and was brought down for a penalty, which they duly converted.

I think he then started chanting for John Lyall to return as manager......

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:58 am

claretspice wrote:I very much doubt that West Ham will go for Dyche - his profile and reputation for attritional football (whether fair or not) are simply not compatible with the way West Ham and their owners think of themselves (whether rightly or not), either in terms of size of club and reputation or way of playing. The same definitely goes for Arsenal and probably (although less certainly) applies to Everton.

However, the only thing that's certain is that Dyche will leave Burnley at some point, and unless that comes after we've been relegated, it will be to enable him to go to a bigger club. There's never going to be a good time for that, and in truth this winter after a decent first half of the season and with a good solid squad in place may be as good a time as ever.

It's an ever present risk, so it's not worth getting worried about.
There's the contract extensions for the likes of Wood, Taylor, Barnes and McNeil to possibly keep in mind - surely him being manager is one of the reasons why they all agreed to extend? For him to then leave so soon after, doesn't sound like SD.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:03 pm

West ham do play the West ham way, which is why they are **** to be fair
These 4 users liked this post: Bosscat Rick_Muller simonclaret ecc

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:So the silly season begins again and we have threads about Dyche going to "bigger" clubs. I'll ask again, like I did last season and the season before (etc, etc) What exactly makes these other clubs "bigger" these days? Other that the top 6, the 14 others all generally have the same order of magnitude of money to play with (including us), some have the benefit of an oligarch or such like to have some insurance to gamble, but generally the playing field for the other 14 is as level as it has been for years. You can forget history - any manager knows that history means bugger all for getting your next win; you can forget fan base - all clubs generally fill their ground these days and it's the fan base who'll get you sacked however big it is; as I raised above, the money is levelling for the rest of the clubs because the TV element is dwarfing other income. That doesn't leave many reasons for defining "big" clubs.

The only reason SD would want to leave, IMO, would be for a new personal challenge and I don't think he's finished here yet - he still has improvements to make yet and he knows he can achieve it with us.

Prestige
Recruiting (senior and junior)
Wage structure
Infrastructure (academy status)
Wealthy benefactors

To name a few. Let’s not get silly and suggest that Burnley are akin to Everton and Arsenal

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:00 pm

FactualFrank wrote:There's the contract extensions for the likes of Wood, Taylor, Barnes and McNeil to possibly keep in mind - surely him being manager is one of the reasons why they all agreed to extend? For him to then leave so soon after, doesn't sound like SD.
As much as I'd like to agree with this, I'm not sure it's entirely realistic. Dyche, I suspect will be open with players when he sits down to discuss them re-signing that he can't guarantee to be here forever, and the players themselves will know that football moves fast and that managers just like players have ambitions and can offer no guarantees as to the future.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6744 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:09 pm

claretspice wrote:As much as I'd like to agree with this, I'm not sure it's entirely realistic. Dyche, I suspect will be open with players when he sits down to discuss them re-signing that he can't guarantee to be here forever, and the players themselves will know that football moves fast and that managers just like players have ambitions and can offer no guarantees as to the future.

Yes, I'm sure they are all aware of the uncertainty in football management.

Is SD anywhere near favourite with the bookies?

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Pochettino, needs the work and a good manager. They could do a lot worse.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:29 pm

West Ham can do one...

Can’t see our Sean there personally.

When he eventually goes it should be to a big 6...if they have the balls/sense to do it

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:25 pm

The only two Prem clubs I could see Dyche moving to from Burnley would be Palace (after Hodgson) and Newcastle (if things don't work out with Bruce) - but the latter might not desirable given the venom of the fans towards owner.

I just can't see any of the others going for Dyche in terms of him being the right fit. In terms of English managers, I'd expect Eddie Howe would be ahead in the pecking order for a club like West Ham and Everton (down to the perceived style of play). Chris Wilder looks destined to eclipse both of them if he carries on the way he's going, but he might want to see how far he can take his boyhood club first.

The bottom line is that every other club in the Premier has the aspirations and money to go after more 'attractive' names.

I've felt for a while that a big supported team in the Championship might be SD's best opportunity to move to bigger club. And the obvious candidate there would have to be Nottingham Forest - if someone gave him the blueprint to put down a 5 year plan, I think he'd be tempted.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6448 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:46 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:Prestige
Recruiting (senior and junior)
Wage structure
Infrastructure (academy status)
Wealthy benefactors

To name a few. Let’s not get silly and suggest that Burnley are akin to Everton and Arsenal
Currently akin to Everton, I’ll accept Arsenal

todclaret
Been Liked: 109 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by todclaret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:52 pm

I stumbled upon this WHU channel the other week and find their views pretty fair.

Here are thoughts about potential new managers at WHU, including our very own Sean Dyche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxTYw4jZ5r4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:33 pm

Personally I don't think he will ever Leave Burnley.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:34 pm

I expect Martinez would be a fit for WHU

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:Currently akin to Everton, I’ll accept Arsenal
Putting the league table aside how are we akin to Everton ?
They are a bigger club than Burnley in every way I can possibly think of - history, money, crowd, owner resources, future plans, wage bill, profile etc etc

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:41 pm

boatshed bill wrote:Is SD anywhere near favourite with the bookies?
12/1.

And Lee Bowyer has sprang from nowhere as one of the favourites.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6448 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:48 pm

TVC15 wrote:Putting the league table aside how are we akin to Everton ?
They are a bigger club than Burnley in every way I can possibly think of - history, money, crowd, owner resources, future plans, wage bill, profile etc etc
I’m sure this discussion has occurred previously, just lookup my posts from the previous 2 years of Dyche to Everton posts, if you don’t want to do that, just look at my post on this thread. I just don’t see Everton being an order of magnitude “bigger” club than us anymore, whereas Arsenal still are.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:56 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:I’m sure this discussion has occurred previously, just lookup my posts from the previous 2 years of Dyche to Everton posts, if you don’t want to do that, just look at my post on this thread. I just don’t see Everton being an order of magnitude “bigger” club than us anymore, whereas Arsenal still are.
Maybe you should check their accounts and compare them to ours.
Arsenal are a lot bigger than Everton (for now)
And Everton are a lot bigger than Burnley - and probably always will be

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 608 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:41 pm

TVC15 wrote:Maybe you should check their accounts and compare them to ours.
Arsenal are a lot bigger than Everton (for now)
And Everton are a lot bigger than Burnley - and probably always will be
The only sensible way to solve the argument is to count twitter followers.

Arsenal have 14 million, Everton 2 million, Burnley..... 450k.

In all seriousness you’ve got to be really blind/stupid/weird to state that we are akin to Everton. They’ve never been out of the top flight and get double the gates we do located in a city ten times our size.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 773 times
Has Liked: 1431 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:45 pm

Somebody said a on here a while back that Burnley fans just love to sell a player. Equally the same when it comes to a manager.

I’m happy with Dyche not trying to prove himself at a bigger club. I’m happy with him staying right here.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:49 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:Somebody said a on here a while back that Burnley fans just love to sell a player. Equally the same when it comes to a manager.

I’m happy with Dyche not trying to prove himself at a bigger club. I’m happy with him staying right here.
I think people underestimate Dyche constantly. When he leaves Burnley he will take a break from management. He has so much control here, and such influence he will need time to get his head back into being ‘just’ a manager / coach. He’ll go eventually but not while he’s on good money and stability. When he goes his family will be the call not another job.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:52 pm

FactualFrank wrote:12/1.

And Lee Bowyer has sprang from nowhere as one of the favourites.
Good shout Frank.

ecc
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Post by ecc » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:59 pm

They hated him there.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:23 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:16 am
If Dyche went to West Ham he'd need time to have a good clear out and sort things out. Like his first season with us he clearly set his stall out to make us hard to beat, and tbh a lot of it was dreadful to watch. Those Tuesday night home games around February/March particularly stick in the mind. Would West Ham or Everton fans be willing to put up with that?
No... They'd possibly opt for Wednesday nights.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18215 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Banana wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:32 pm
A mate of mine who has a box at The London Stadium reckons the deal is done to take Dyche to West Ham.

Who would you replace him with?
There you go have pre-empted banana/saxo's post
:D :D :D