FAO Vegas

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

FAO Vegas

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:12 pm

In Vegas next week and plan to try and get my arse out of bed for the Palace game. Staying near MGM Grand and wondered if you know any good places nearby where I can get the game on a screen with commentary?

Guessing Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs games will have more demand but if a bar has loads of screens and even booths with own TVs I might get to watch the Burnley game properly

If i get a few ideas I can nip in and suss them out on the Friday

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11048 times
Has Liked: 5657 times

Re: FAO Vegas

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:In Vegas next week and plan to try and get my arse out of bed for the Palace game. Staying near MGM Grand and wondered if you know any good places nearby where I can get the game on a screen with commentary?

Guessing Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs games will have more demand but if a bar has loads of screens and even booths with own TVs I might get to watch the Burnley game properly

If i get a few ideas I can nip in and suss them out on the Friday
yeah the problem is going to be who shows all the games. I believe http://www.mcmullansirishpub.com/index.shtml possibly do, might be worth dropping them a quick email. Maybe also ask https://www.blondieslasvegas.com/ which would be closer for you.

some info here too: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g ... evada.html

It's a difficult one for me to honestly answer as I just watch at home, I believe there have been a few on here that have managed it previously so might be worth changing the title to the thread as "where to watch footy in Vegas"

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:yeah the problem is going to be who shows all the games. I believe http://www.mcmullansirishpub.com/index.shtml possibly do, might be worth dropping them a quick email. Maybe also ask https://www.blondieslasvegas.com/ which would be closer for you.

It's a difficult one for me to honestly answer as I just watch at home, I believe there have been a few on here that have managed it previously so might be worth changing the title to the thread as "where to watch footy in Vegas"
Cheers mate I guessed being a local you aint gonna be down the tourist zone for matches.

Had a search and that Blondies came up. Im there from Tuesday so got plenty of chance to ask around but will pay them two a visit before Sat

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1150 times
Has Liked: 1446 times

Post by Pearcey » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:32 pm

The Crown and Anchor British Pub used to be good for the football.
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Cheers mate I guessed being a local you aint gonna be down the tourist zone for matches.

Had a search and that Blondies came up. Im there from Tuesday so got plenty of chance to ask around but will pay them two a visit before Sat
pretty sure Blondies is the place where it's $20 for all you can drink too :lol:
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:33 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:pretty sure Blondies is the place where it's $20 for all you can drink too :lol:
That'll liven me up at 7am!!!! :lol:
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:26 am

Most places here in the USA won't be showing that game as it's online streaming only. You'd need to find a joint that pays $200 a year for a single license.

What's worse is that's just for a single TV. For every other TV they need another account for another $200.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:18 am

superdimitri wrote:Most places here in the USA won't be showing that game as it's online streaming only. You'd need to find a joint that pays $200 a year for a single license.

What's worse is that's just for a single TV. For every other TV they need another account for another $200.
considering how much they charge for a beer in most places now here that shouldn't really be an issue ! They'll make that back in 5 mins

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:07 am

Looks like I might just have to stream it on my ipad. Hopefully hotel wifi will be good.