REPORT: Wait over as Clarets bag first away win

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32393 times
Has Liked: 5270 times

REPORT: Wait over as Clarets bag first away win

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Watford v Burnley report

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/wait-over-a ... t-away-win" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These 2 users liked this post: Bcap1959 BOYSIE31

Hipper
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Re: REPORT: Wait over as Clarets bag first away win

Post by Hipper » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:40 pm

One nice thing I noticed on Match of the Day is the reaction of Barnes after the penalty wasn't given. Watford were on the break and he put a lot of effort in trying to get back to defend. That seems to be the spirit at our club and it contrasted sharply with that at Arsenal for example.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:36 pm

Hipper wrote:One nice thing I noticed on Match of the Day is the reaction of Barnes after the penalty wasn't given. Watford were on the break and he put a lot of effort in trying to get back to defend. That seems to be the spirit at our club and it contrasted sharply with that at Arsenal for example.
That’s how we are. Just get on with the game. We did continue the argument though once the corner had been given.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:47 pm

The X43 from Manchester late on Saturday...one of life's wonders.

At least it sounded like people were in a good mood

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:53 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:The X43 from Manchester late on Saturday...one of life's wonders.

At least it sounded like people were in a good mood
It wasn’t a late bus - I’ve had that experience - this was the 8:40 bus. By the time it left the bus stop at the Moon on the Water I reckon there must have been at least thirty too many on. The wheels still went round and round though.
This user liked this post: JohnDearyMe

WestMidsClaret
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Post by WestMidsClaret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:20 pm

I reckon Barnes was sprinting back so he could drop one of their players just so var would look at the potential pen. :D

the_fat_shearer
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by the_fat_shearer » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:02 pm

"and let’s not forget our front two. Between them they’ve now scored 30 Premier League goals since last Christmas. That’s remarkable."

Now that's a stat!

This just goes to show how effective they are together and why they have both recently signed new contracts.

In the Premier League, to succeed you need to be able to score goals. After coming up, our defence has had success (in general) for the last few years but the combination of these two has really added goals to that this year.

What's really impressed me in the last two or three seasons is how clinical we have been. After coming up originally from the Championship with Dyche you were always punished by the established teams whenever you gave them a chance. In the last 3 years I feel that we've really been a lot more clinical - which is a credit to Dyche and also to players like Barnes who I think has just got better and better.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4831 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:00 pm

Thanks for this Tony

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3155 times
Has Liked: 6742 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:43 pm

the_fat_shearer wrote:"and let’s not forget our front two. Between them they’ve now scored 30 Premier League goals since last Christmas. That’s remarkable."

Now that's a stat!

This just goes to show how effective they are together and why they have both recently signed new contracts.

In the Premier League, to succeed you need to be able to score goals. After coming up, our defence has had success (in general) for the last few years but the combination of these two has really added goals to that this year.

What's really impressed me in the last two or three seasons is how clinical we have been. After coming up originally from the Championship with Dyche you were always punished by the established teams whenever you gave them a chance. In the last 3 years I feel that we've really been a lot more clinical - which is a credit to Dyche and also to players like Barnes who I think has just got better and better.
And still top 6 in the fair play table, which is remarkable given the amount of tackling we do.

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1239 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:44 pm

boatshed bill wrote:And still top 6 in the fair play table, which is remarkable given the amount of tackling we do.
And the amount of nonsense bookings we get from inept refs

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:And the amount of nonsense bookings we get from inept refs
And the 2 recent ones for Westwood out of sheer stupidity. (We'll really miss his corners on Saturday).

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:00 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:And the 2 recent ones for Westwood out of sheer stupidity. (We'll really miss his corners on Saturday).
If you think Saturday's was sheer stupidity then you must have a lot more patience than some.