Burnley Zombies Never Die! (Report)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Burnley Zombies Never Die! (Report)

Post by IanMcL » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:41 am

Just found this!

Burnley rebounds from ugly half to smash Watford

Nicholas Mendola

Chris Wood, James Tarkowski, and Ashley Barnes all scored second half goals as Burnley rebounded from a rough first half to beat Watford 3-0 at Vicarage Road on Saturday.

Burnley are now sixth with 18 points. Watford’s dead last with eight.

3 things we learned

1. Burnley is a zombie movie where the zombies win: I literally have no idea how the Clarets keep manufacturing incredible results. The stats and eyes say they are getting bossed all over the park, but Sean Dyche’s men believe they can find an opening in any game. And a lot of times, they do. The Clarets are unable to be killed, and every time a losing streak sees them dip toward the drop zone, you need only wait 28 days later (movie reference, achieved) to see them flirting with the upper reaches of the table.

2. Watford a team of poor fortune: The Hornets really have been much better of late, with their dominant first half featuring six of the match’s seven shot attempts. Obviously they did not find a goal there, and it’s what cost them a trip outside the Bottom Three.

3. Tarkowski with another monstrous day… at both ends: Burnley’s steady centre back was credited with seven aerial wins and three shots, then closing out the scoring. He’s one of those players like Harry Maguire when he was at Hull City; A big club ought to take a look.

Man of the Match: Tarkowski.
These 3 users liked this post: Tricky Trevor Colburn_Claret turfytopper

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Re: Burnley Zombies Never Die! (Report)

Post by houseboy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 am

Burnley, week on week, prove what I have said for years to all the statoes, that possession doesn't matter. Football has adopted the American obsession with stats and it just isn't important. There is only one stat that matters in football, who scores most goals. I don't care who has the ball most or how far a player runs in a game. I care not one jot how many minutes per goal a player has. I'm not even bothered how many years it is since one team beat another or if a team statistically plays better on Sunday. I want my team to score more goals than the opposition and, gladly, Burnley seem to be able to do that reasonably well.
These 6 users liked this post: sox8595 IanMcL Colburn_Claret Marty Dobson jrtod61 k90bfc

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:50 pm

IanMcL wrote:Just found this!

The stats and eyes say they are getting bossed all over the park, .
Really? Fairly sure we've matched and bettered a few teams on stats this year, unless they mean possession, in which we've proved numerous times means very little
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2461 times
Has Liked: 1992 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:59 pm

One day the opposition will work out we have perfected Muhammad Ali’s rope-a-dope. We sit back let them punch themselves out and then hit the knockout punch.
Truly “Float like a butterfly, sting like a Bertie Bee”

The extra bonus of this style is the opposing manager can only say same again guys. Whereas SD has had a good look at them and can give positive input for the second half.
Last edited by Tricky Trevor on Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret IanMcL jrtod61

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:29 pm

[quote=“Float like a butterfly, sting like a Bertie Bee”[/quote]

I think there's a T-shirt in that......
This user liked this post: IanMcL

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8705 times