Tarky’s contract - £40m release clause

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Father Jack
Been Liked: 148 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Tarky’s contract - £40m release clause

Post by Father Jack » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:15 pm

According to David Ormstein on the Athletic.
Do we believe it?
Attachments
6746DA94-1B7C-43C8-A0B9-5F3F81B5F282.png
6746DA94-1B7C-43C8-A0B9-5F3F81B5F282.png (318.98 KiB) Viewed 4186 times

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Re: Tarky’s contract - £40m release clause

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:21 pm

Great we managed to keep Tarks for this season but when he goes will have been great bit of business from the club

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4835 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:23 pm

If he goes for a penny under £50 million, I’ll be very disappointed.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Mattster
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by Mattster » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:25 pm

Demand (and get) 80m for Maguire and then have the cheek to be "aghast" that Tarkowski is only available for 40m? Haha.
These 5 users liked this post: Clarets4me Bosscat mybloodisclaret KateR tim_noone

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:40 pm

Our hand might be forced if he won't sign a new contract with us....

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32409 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:45 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Our hand might be forced if he won't sign a new contract with us....
Under contract for another two and a half years

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:49 pm

A 40m release fee that only applies to teams in the north west?
What an odd statement, and it must list the teams who fit that category surely

I know he has a release fee, but I heard release fee was 50m, but obviously that's all speculation.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2106 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:52 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Under contract for another two and a half years
I'm not saying soon, but if he doesn't want to sign then next summer we'll have to cash in. I'm pretty sure we won't let him get into his final 12 months.

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2335 times
Has Liked: 1040 times

Post by Clarets4me » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:53 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Under contract for another two and a half years
Signed in January 2018, a new deal until June 2022 ...

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by jurek » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:23 pm

If he continues playing well and the team have a good season
then I would think 40m next summer would be good deal/price.
If there's anyone out there willing to offer it.

More importantly if there is a 40m offer (and if wants to go)
then I have little doubt that we'd accept it.
He'd probably double his wage elsewhere.

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:34 pm

Macca

"I know he has a release fee, but I heard release fee was 50m, but obviously that's all speculation."

Just curious how do you know?
Last edited by cblantfanclub on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:34 pm

MACCA wrote:A 40m release fee that only applies to teams in the north west?

I know he has a release fee, but I heard release fee was 50m, but obviously that's all speculation.
£80m for further travel!

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:41 pm

Do you not remember Tarkas reason for wanting to return north from Brentford.... It was to be in the North West near his family especially his Mother who was Ill at the time (I don't know if his Mum is still Ill but he certainly spends time with his family) perhaps a Northwest Club codicil in the release clause has something to do with that.....

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:50 pm

I hear a few things and can confirm it's not true.
This user liked this post: CharlieinNewMexico

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:53 pm

20/25% sell on fee to Brentford means if we sell for 40 million we will have had our pants down....in my opinion. We should be looking at 50 million as a minimum
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:24 pm

tarkys_ears wrote:I hear a few things and can confirm it's not true.
ear! ear! ;)

:D
This user liked this post: tarkys_ears

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:26 pm

claretblue wrote:ear! ear! ;)

:D
Someone got it :D

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Re: Tarky’s contract - £100m release clause

Post by IanMcL » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 pm

I have updated the title for peace of mind!
These 6 users liked this post: Bosscat tarkys_ears Claret-On-A-T-Rex Hibsclaret FactualFrank tim_noone

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:52 pm

Could we clone Ben Mee for 40M
For an extra 10m could we have him right footed
And another 5m to make his clone available in 3 months?

dsr
Been Liked: 4575 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:06 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Could we clone Ben Mee for 40M
For an extra 10m could we have him right footed
And another 5m to make his clone available in 3 months?
Identical twins are often right-hand left-hand pairs, so I'm told - some even have their heart on the right hand side, being mirror image - so a mirror image Ben Mee (or Eem Neb) would do perfectly.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:54 am

Very odd statement. Why would be willing to take less money just because the club wasn’t in the North West.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:52 pm

martin_p wrote:Very odd statement. Why would be willing to take less money just because the club wasn’t in the North West.
Like a poster further up said, maybe if it's a local club near his family, he wanted to maybe get the chance of a bigger club but only if it's close to his family and sick mother.
He might have said any other club come in its upto us as a club whether we accept.

I presume by North West clubs he means

Man C
Man Utd
Liverpool
Everton

If that's the case then fair enough, he will have deserved his chance and been a great servant should they come in for him.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:28 pm

MACCA wrote:Like a poster further up said, maybe if it's a local club near his family, he wanted to maybe get the chance of a bigger club but only if it's close to his family and sick mother.
He might have said any other club come in its upto us as a club whether we accept.

I presume by North West clubs he means

Man C
Man Utd
Liverpool
Everton

If that's the case then fair enough, he will have deserved his chance and been a great servant should they come in for him.
City, United and Liverpool I would agree with but Everton at the moment is hardly a step up. :lol:

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:40 pm

So in the next few months we are going to lose Dyche to West Ham (despite there being no vacancy there just now), Tarks and Mee to...just about anyone with a bit of money, McNeil to United, Lowton (because according to many he is rubbish), JBG to Fáskrúðsfjörður (who?), Lennon to old age and Brady to Bohemians FC.

Have I left anyone out?

Seriously do any other fans get so excited about losing players? If you believe half of what you read on here it's amazing we can ever put a team together. I can fully understand now why so many were depressed when we were in the bottom tier, because they couldn't have discussions like this.....because no bugger actually wanted our players.

Here's a radical idea. Let's leave discussions about players leaving when they actually ARE leaving. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8488 times
Has Liked: 18214 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:53 pm

houseboy wrote:So in the next few months we are going to lose Dyche to West Ham (despite there being no vacancy there just now), Tarks and Mee to...just about anyone with a bit of money, McNeil to United, Lowton (because according to many he is rubbish), JBG to Fáskrúðsfjörður (who?), Lennon to old age and Brady to Bohemians FC.

Have I left anyone out?

Seriously do any other fans get so excited about losing players? If you believe half of what you read on here it's amazing we can ever put a team together. I can fully understand now why so many were depressed when we were in the bottom tier, because they couldn't have discussions like this.....because no bugger actually wanted our players.

Here's a radical idea. Let's leave discussions about players leaving when they actually ARE leaving. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When we get these so called "He's off" threads about SD and players, I question the allegiance of some of the posters ... are they just stirring the proverbial.

Some of the "Dyche Out" brigade (who funnily enough have gone quiet about "Dyche Out") are all of a sudden touting him to Wet Spam, Everton etc etc because he should be at a "bigger club" because he is a brilliant manager.

We saw this on the Lancashire Telegraph in years past everytime a job at "Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Leicester" etc etc etc cropped up. Yet a week or two later he didn't leave cos he is sh*t or the said club rejected his request to be interviewed ......
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:00 pm

Houseboy - there is potentially a major overhaul that will be needed to the squad in the next few months.

I ain’t worried about Tarks, Mee, or McNeil - what will be will be - we are in the same position as most clubs in the world here....very good players get sold to bigger clubs eventually. That’s how it works - and we have been brilliant at making huge returns on players.

But we do have a few players who will be out of contract soon - Brady, Hart, Lennon, Hendrick, Bardsley etc - out of them how many deserve a new contract ? Only Jeff probably - and he has been offered one. Bardsley has done a good job but not sure he is the future.
JBG and Lowts have now got question marks over them for me now - I used to really rate Lowts but he’s lost his form pretty alarmingly at least 3 times in the last season and a bit. JBG is getting more and more injured and it’s getting to the point where we need to ask whether there is a bigger issue here - we certainly can’t rely on him.

And then there is Vydra and Gibson - I think something will probably change with either of both of these as we will start reaching a point where they are a year out of end of contract and little or no sell on value and if they are not playing we might want to cash in or they might want to leave to play regular football

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:49 pm

TVC15 wrote:Houseboy - there is potentially a major overhaul that will be needed to the squad in the next few months.

I ain’t worried about Tarks, Mee, or McNeil - what will be will be - we are in the same position as most clubs in the world here....very good players get sold to bigger clubs eventually. That’s how it works - and we have been brilliant at making huge returns on players.

But we do have a few players who will be out of contract soon - Brady, Hart, Lennon, Hendrick, Bardsley etc - out of them how many deserve a new contract ? Only Jeff probably - and he has been offered one. Bardsley has done a good job but not sure he is the future.
JBG and Lowts have now got question marks over them for me now - I used to really rate Lowts but he’s lost his form pretty alarmingly at least 3 times in the last season and a bit. JBG is getting more and more injured and it’s getting to the point where we need to ask whether there is a bigger issue here - we certainly can’t rely on him.

And then there is Vydra and Gibson - I think something will probably change with either of both of these as we will start reaching a point where they are a year out of end of contract and little or no sell on value and if they are not playing we might want to cash in or they might want to leave to play regular football
I can't argue with most of this bud and yes we will definitely need some 'incomings' in the very near future, we could do with one or two now to be honest but we're doing nicely. My (slightly tongue-in-cheek) rant was more to do with the constant threads about good players (and our beloved manager) potentially leaving for 'bigger' clubs or better money or prospects. And all with absolutely no basis whatsoever. If Tarks goes, as he might at some point, it almost certainly won't be until next Summer, 6 months away. Mee hasn't even been linked with anyone. Dyche isn't going to West Ham because there's no vacancy and even if there were why would he go to a nothing club like that? Money? I don't think that overly motivates him. Prospects? What have West Ham ever achieved in their entire history to suggest they have any?

I just get a bit bored with all this 'he's off' talk about any or all of our players, it's like people have nothing better to do so they start a thread about the next player to leave.

Still, I suppose it gives them something to :lol: :lol: :lol: do on the cold Winter days.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:56 pm

Bosscat wrote:When we get these so called "He's off" threads about SD and players, I question the allegiance of some of the posters ... are they just stirring the proverbial.

Some of the "Dyche Out" brigade (who funnily enough have gone quiet about "Dyche Out") are all of a sudden touting him to Wet Spam, Everton etc etc because he should be at a "bigger club" because he is a brilliant manager.

We saw this on the Lancashire Telegraph in years past everytime a job at "Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Leicester" etc etc etc cropped up. Yet a week or two later he didn't leave cos he is sh*t or the said club rejected his request to be interviewed ......
Bizarrely Boss I don't really believe (to be serious for a moment) that this site has any interlopers - I haven't seen any real evidence of it anyway. We got all that crap on the Telegraph because of (mainly) one individual with so many names we didn't know, in the end, who we were talking to. Actually it got quite bizarre because in the end, before I left, anyone new to the site was assumed to be Keano.
I may pay the old site a visit soon just to say hello to Gordy and the others and then go and create some havoc on the Rovers threads. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:00 pm

houseboy wrote:I can't argue with most of this bud and yes we will definitely need some 'incomings' in the very near future, we could do with one or two now to be honest but we're doing nicely. My (slightly tongue-in-cheek) rant was more to do with the constant threads about good players (and our beloved manager) potentially leaving for 'bigger' clubs or better money or prospects. And all with absolutely no basis whatsoever. If Tarks goes, as he might at some point, it almost certainly won't be until next Summer, 6 months away. Mee hasn't even been linked with anyone. Dyche isn't going to West Ham because there's no vacancy and even if there were why would he go to a nothing club like that? Money? I don't think that overly motivates him. Prospects? What have West Ham ever achieved in their entire history to suggest they have any?

I just get a bit bored with all this 'he's off' talk about any or all of our players, it's like people have nothing better to do so they start a thread about the next player to leave.

Still, I suppose it gives them something to :lol: :lol: :lol: do on the cold Winter days.
Yep agree.
I’ve seen SD give a couple of presentations about the club to a small audience - both at the training ground. Even though they were different presentations in each there was a bit of informal chat and a chance for questions. He made it clear in both that the only guarantee in football is that he will leave at some point - he insisted it might not be because he wants to (but it might be).
His family has stayed in Northampton too which with 3 kids must be hard.
But he knows he is on a good thing at Burnley and he has more control and influence than he would do at crack pot clubs like West Ham, Watford, etc and far less pressure than at the likes of Everton where the fans still think they should be winning the champions league !! So for now I can’t see him going but if he did decide to call it a day and test himself at a bigger club I would not be surprised either.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:48 pm

TVC15 wrote:Yep agree.
I’ve seen SD give a couple of presentations about the club to a small audience - both at the training ground. Even though they were different presentations in each there was a bit of informal chat and a chance for questions. He made it clear in both that the only guarantee in football is that he will leave at some point - he insisted it might not be because he wants to (but it might be).
His family has stayed in Northampton too which with 3 kids must be hard.
But he knows he is on a good thing at Burnley and he has more control and influence than he would do at crack pot clubs like West Ham, Watford, etc and far less pressure than at the likes of Everton where the fans still think they should be winning the champions league !! So for now I can’t see him going but if he did decide to call it a day and test himself at a bigger club I would not be surprised either.
And who would blame him to be honest. But sometimes people get in a comfort zone and as you say his freedom at Burnley probably has no equal anywhere in the top two divisions, maybe more. The only manager I recall in recent years who has anything like his status at a club was Fergie at United. It all depends on what he wants from the game I suppose, but he may prefer to be a big fish in a (pretty tiny) pond.

I hope so.

ecc
Been Liked: 1407 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Post by ecc » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:00 pm

Sorry for being mega-thick but does this mean - if it's true - that any club outside the "Big Four" NW clubs would have to meet our asking price?

dsr
Been Liked: 4575 times
Has Liked: 2263 times

Post by dsr » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:34 pm

What it means (if true) is that if a NW club offers£40m we would have to let Tarkowski go, if he wanted to. If a club from outside the NW made a bid of£40m or any other amount, we would not be forced to let him go - it would be a matter of negotiation like a normal transfer.