Matej Vydra

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
boatshed bill
Posts: 5495
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:47 am
Been Liked: 1174 times
Has Liked: 2589 times

Matej Vydra

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:19 pm

Just seen this:
Leeds are preparing a move for Burnley's Czech Republic striker Matej Vydra, 27. (Star on Sunday)
These 2 users liked this post: bfcdaz tim_noone

Belial
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:10 pm
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 146 times
Location: On a crazy train

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Belial » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:47 pm

boatshed bill wrote:Just seen this:
Leeds are preparing a move for Burnley's Czech Republic striker Matej Vydra, 27. (Star on Sunday)
Makes sense and probably worth letting him go if it's not working out, but I'd pay his wages and keep him here to stop the champions of Europe not being promoted

mdd2
Posts: 4207
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 553 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by mdd2 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:48 pm

£7.5 million apparently so a loss of £3.5 million

claretlegend
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:11 am
Been Liked: 75 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by claretlegend » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Hopefully not to Leeds. He'll score a shedload and get them up.

FactualFrank
Posts: 19615
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5523 times
Has Liked: 9380 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:53 pm

If my source is to be believed (and the VERY few times I hear anything, he's always been spot on), then they put a bid in for him during the summer and we turned it down. Add to the fact they were about to sign him before he decided to come to us, and it's pretty much a given that they'll be back in for him.

The downside is, I just know he'll do very well for them.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

ZizkovClaret
Posts: 4700
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:50 pm
Been Liked: 1427 times
Has Liked: 1898 times
Location: Praha
Contact:

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by ZizkovClaret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:54 pm

I'd wish him well. Just hasn't worked and he needs to play with Euro 2020 on the horizon

Tricky Trevor
Posts: 3800
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm
Been Liked: 1002 times
Has Liked: 989 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:36 pm

We need a fourth forward before selling but good luck to the lad, if he goes. He’s never been given a run to show what he can do.

tim_noone
Posts: 14098
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 pm
Been Liked: 3617 times
Has Liked: 12389 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by tim_noone » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:47 pm

boatshed bill wrote:Just seen this:
Leeds are preparing a move for Burnley's Czech Republic striker Matej Vydra, 27. (Star on Sunday)
I hope this isn't a Rumour....Some posters won't like you being first with the news..... :shock:

MACCA
Posts: 11782
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 3031 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by MACCA » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:00 pm

I didn't think he would kick another ball for us at the end of last season, however due to the mess we got ourselves in with the Wells, Vydra Phillips scenario meant we ended up losing money and keeping the unhappy player that the manager wanted rid of the most.

Hopefully for all parties sake, we get it all tidied up in January.
This user liked this post: Lonsdaleclarets

Darthlaw
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:08 pm
Been Liked: 797 times
Has Liked: 295 times
Location: Death Star, Dark Side Row S Seat 666

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Darthlaw » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:02 pm

“Preparing a move”.

Are they sending the offer by carrier pigeon?

jurek
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:38 pm
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by jurek » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:26 pm

If either one of Wood, Barnes and Jay get injured for any length of time
over the next month or so then it wouldn't appear wise to let Vydra go
unless we have someone lined up to come in.
Possibly the lad from Peterborough that's been mentioned recently
albeit he would cost us more than we'd get for Vydra and isn't
proven even at Championship level.

Vydra hasn't really been given much of a chance and at present he looks
like out fourth choice striker.

Bit of a risk me thinks and we don't normally take many risks.

Possibly he'll go in the summer.

jrgbfc
Posts: 4242
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 pm
Been Liked: 1062 times
Has Liked: 111 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:29 pm

jurek wrote:If either one of Wood, Barnes and Jay get injured for any length of time
over the next month or so then it wouldn't appear wise to let Vydra go
unless we have someone lined up to come in.
Possibly the lad from Peterborough that's been mentioned recently
albeit he would cost us more than we'd get for Vydra and isn't
proven even at Championship level.

Vydra hasn't really been given much of a chance and at present he looks
like out fourth choice striker.

Bit of a risk me thinks and we don't normally take many risks.

Possibly he'll go in the summer.
Even if we had an injury crisis I couldn't see Dyche starting him in a league game. I honestly think he'd switch to 4-5-1 rather than play Vydra.

TVC15
Posts: 7275
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 2886 times
Has Liked: 516 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by TVC15 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:14 pm

jurek wrote:If either one of Wood, Barnes and Jay get injured for any length of time
over the next month or so then it wouldn't appear wise to let Vydra go
unless we have someone lined up to come in.
Possibly the lad from Peterborough that's been mentioned recently
albeit he would cost us more than we'd get for Vydra and isn't
proven even at Championship level.

Vydra hasn't really been given much of a chance and at present he looks
like out fourth choice striker.

Bit of a risk me thinks and we don't normally take many risks.

Possibly he'll go in the summer.
We took a pretty big risk last January selling Vokes and bringing in Crouch - and then Crouch got injured. We were in a far worse position when we did that than we probably be this January.
If we do sell Vydra - and I think we should - then we need to bring in someone else. Does not have to be an out and out striker....we have 3 of those now.

Bosscat
Posts: 8977
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am
Been Liked: 2765 times
Has Liked: 6963 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Bosscat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:15 pm

TVC15 wrote:We took a pretty big risk last January selling Vokes and bringing in Crouch - and then Crouch got injured. We were in a far worse position when we did that than we probably be this January.
If we do sell Vydra - and I think we should - then we need to bring in someone else. Does not have to be an out and out striker....we have 3 of those now.
We also have Jeff Hendrick who has played as a number 10 ;)

TVC15
Posts: 7275
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Been Liked: 2886 times
Has Liked: 516 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by TVC15 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:04 pm

Bosscat wrote:We also have Jeff Hendrick who has played as a number 10 ;)
Aye !

Hopefully Jeff signs a new contract as he can play a couple of positions well....no 10 not being one of them !
We seem to have a lot of decisions to make in the next few months on the playing front.
Vydra and Gibson - neither will want to spend another season on the bench and we should cash in while they have some value.
Few players out of contract in the next year - Lennon, Brady, Bardsley, Hart etc - a number of which who don’t really warrant a new contract. But we do need to replace - going to release a lot in wages but you can see how selling Vydra and Gibson could help fund some of the new purchases.
We might even think of selling JBG - he’s had too many injuries these last couple of seasons and as much as I like him as a player it’s reaching the point where we are getting less and less out of him.
Long might want to leave to play at some point too - we could get a few million for him and I’m guessing he wants to start playing regular football soon.
Bit of a question mark over Lowts also now.

Wells will leave for nothing now and if Jeff turns down the new contract then that’s another new player we are going to have to find.

Not saying all these will leave ! Just that we have a lot of big decisions to make in the next 6 months and selling Vydra might be part of a bigger picture.

Bin Ont Turf
Posts: 9086
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:38 am
Been Liked: 4311 times
Has Liked: 520 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:10 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Even if we had an injury crisis I couldn't see Dyche starting him in a league game. I honestly think he'd switch to 4-5-1 rather than play Vydra.
Yes but you are a king of black cloud chasing, so forgive us for thinking that your honest thinking is a load of depressing nonsense.

TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5971
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 3002 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:We need a fourth forward before selling but good luck to the lad, if he goes. He’s never been given a run to show what he can do.
Swap for Bamford?

Hibsclaret
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 641 times
Has Liked: 379 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:21 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Swap for Bamford?
I’ll start crying in the car if that happens....

Tricky Trevor
Posts: 3800
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm
Been Liked: 1002 times
Has Liked: 989 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:37 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:Swap for Bamford?
Surprised he hasn’t signed for the fiddlers.
This user liked this post: JohnMac

Woodleyclaret
Posts: 3229
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:25 pm
Been Liked: 640 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:25 am

Swop for Kelvin Phillips

Herts Clarets
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:18 pm
Been Liked: 844 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Herts Clarets » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:20 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:Swop for Kelvin Phillips
If last January's window is anything to go by, there's more chance of us signing Kevin Phillip's....

Granny WeatherWax
Posts: 1331
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
Been Liked: 320 times
Has Liked: 38 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:56 am

Needs to leave for his own good

Lancasterclaret
Posts: 16145
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 pm
Been Liked: 5139 times
Has Liked: 2936 times
Location: Riding the galactic winds in my X-wing

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:51 am

No chance he's ever going to push any of Wood, Jay or Barnes.

But we'd need to replace him

And I think the Kelvin Philips thing isn't going to happen, he's been linked with far bigger budgets than ours.

claret2018
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 pm
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by claret2018 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:10 am

I don’t think he needs replacing immediately if he goes in Jan. We could promote someone from the youth team to sit in the bench, or play one up front.

andyh
Posts: 740
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:27 am
Been Liked: 258 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by andyh » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:12 am

There is a lad at QPR scoring 1 every 2 games this season maybe we should use someone like that as our 4th striker.

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by BOYSIE31 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:37 am

Bosscat wrote:We also have Jeff Hendrick who has played as a number 10 ;)
Oh the joy of watching that again :roll:

When playing that role no goals and no assists

jrgbfc
Posts: 4242
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 pm
Been Liked: 1062 times
Has Liked: 111 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:38 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:No chance he's ever going to push any of Wood, Jay or Barnes.

But we'd need to replace him

And I think the Kelvin Philips thing isn't going to happen, he's been linked with far bigger budgets than ours.
Who is going to want to come and be our 4th choice striker though and play one game a season in the League cup?

claretonthecoast1882
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:59 pm
Been Liked: 1295 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:44 am

jrgbfc wrote:Who is going to want to come and be our 4th choice striker though and play one game a season in the League cup?

Nobody, in fact we probably won't be able to sign any player until we move players on first. Least now there will be no need for whinging all through the January transfer window, happy days.

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by BOYSIE31 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:47 am

If we have enough points on the board by middle of Jan no need for a fourth striker and sort this out in the summer with someone who will be our number one striker - not 3rd or 4th choice lets aim higher

FactualFrank
Posts: 19615
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5523 times
Has Liked: 9380 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:56 am

jrgbfc wrote:Who is going to want to come and be our 4th choice striker though and play one game a season in the League cup?
No reason why a good forward can't knock Jay down into 4th place. He's a decent player, but I only see him as an impact sub.

duncandisorderly
Posts: 1785
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 pm
Been Liked: 708 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by duncandisorderly » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:04 am

Boysie, our strikers are averaging almost goal a game between them (12 goals out of 13).
Players to score more than 6 this season? Vardy, Abraham, Aguero, Mane, Aubameyang, Rashford, Sterling, Kane.

No club apart from Liverpool (one on 6 and one on 8) and Man City (one on 9 and one on 7) have two players who have score 6 goals or more.

I'm all for improving the side, but let's be realistic. We've already got our first choice strikers and they are evidently the best outside the top six.
These 2 users liked this post: BOYSIE31 Quicknick

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by BOYSIE31 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:10 am

duncandisorderly wrote:Boysie, our strikers are averaging almost goal a game between them (12 goals out of 13).
Players to score more than 6 this season? Vardy, Abraham, Aguero, Mane, Aubameyang, Rashford, Sterling, Kane.

No club apart from Liverpool (one on 6 and one on 8) and Man City (one on 9 and one on 7) have two players who have score 6 goals or more.

I'm all for improving the side, but let's be realistic. We've already got our first choice strikers and they are evidently the best outside the top six.

Ok will put it another way - a younger one with pace but still a physical presence

Tall Paul
Posts: 5444
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:07 am
Been Liked: 1987 times
Has Liked: 489 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:28 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:Ok will put it another way - a younger one with pace but still a physical presence
Why would such a player come here when they could go to another PL club and get more gametime and more money? And let's just say they did come here, how long before you're complaining that we've wasted the money on their fee (which would no doubt be substantial and probably a record for us) and they're not good enough to displace Barnes or Wood.

randomclaret2
Posts: 3652
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 2412 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:38 am

Its a wonder we can sign anyone...

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by BOYSIE31 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 am

Tall Paul wrote:Why would such a player come here when they could go to another PL club and get more gametime and more money? And let's just say they did come here, how long before you're complaining that we've wasted the money on their fee (which would no doubt be substantial and probably a record for us) and they're not good enough to displace Barnes or Wood.
Well we have tried this option with both Wells and Vydra and for whatever reason it has not worked out (in my opionion neither should have been anywhere near the club in the first place)

Wood Barnes and Jay are not getting any younger and are all tied up to the club for the future anyway.

Tall Paul
Posts: 5444
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:07 am
Been Liked: 1987 times
Has Liked: 489 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:51 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:Well we have tried this option with both Wells and Vydra and for whatever reason it has not worked out (in my opionion neither should have been anywhere near the club in the first place)

Wood Barnes and Jay are not getting any younger and are all tied up to the club for the future anyway.
Well it has worked out, as evidenced by the fact that the club is meeting its target of staying in the PL. They were signed as back up and fortunately haven't been required as Barnes and Wood haven't suffered any major injuries.
Last edited by Tall Paul on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat Lord Beamish Quicknick

FactualFrank
Posts: 19615
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 am
Been Liked: 5523 times
Has Liked: 9380 times
Location: Leeds

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:59 am

But he knew they weren't going to get injured - he joins several others on here who knew that and knew we didn't need to sign anybody as backup in case of injuries, as there weren't going to be any.

Lord Beamish
Posts: 4833
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 pm
Been Liked: 3285 times
Has Liked: 2431 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Lord Beamish » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:03 am

We’re doing well at the moment and BOYSIE31 has little to chunter about. That won’t stop him, mind. He’s the Little Chunterer That Could.

cockneyclaret
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am
Been Liked: 167 times
Has Liked: 1374 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by cockneyclaret » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:08 am

Unless Leeds offer a stupid amount there's no need in letting him go till the summer.
Would rather see Leeds fail again than come up with goals from Vydra.
Personally if one striker was to go ild sell Jrod

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by BOYSIE31 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:10 am

Tall Paul wrote:Well it has worked out, as evidenced by the fact that the club is meeting its target of staying in the PL. They were signed as back up and fortunately haven't been required as Barnes and Wood haven't suffered any major injuries.
Do you not think they were signed to offer us something a bit different ?

And Dyche will not move away from his favoured battering rams ?

Its quite clear that some posters on here clearly know nothing about football and probably never kicked a ball in their life.

jojomk1
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:20 am
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:14 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:Swop for Kelvin Phillips
I presume you mean Kalvin Phillips who is a central midfielder/defender (not exactly a like for like swop)

Heard we did bid £20m for this guy in final week of last window but turned down - will certainly go for a lot more in Jan or next summer unless they get promotion

£20m plus Vydra could be a good shout for Phillips who does look good
Last edited by jojomk1 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheFamilyCat
Posts: 5971
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
Been Liked: 3002 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:16 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:Do you not think they were signed to offer us something a bit different ?

And Dyche will not move away from his favoured battering rams ?

Its quite clear that some posters on here clearly know nothing about football and probably never kicked a ball in their life.
If it ain't broke....

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by BOYSIE31 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:24 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:If it ain't broke....

True and looking that way for the time being.

CFS
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:46 am
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 55 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by CFS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:01 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:Oh the joy of watching that again :roll:

When playing that role no goals and no assists
Everton and Bournemouth goals stand out.

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:17 pm
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 13 times
Location: Blackburn

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:22 pm

Can go for me. Never in a million years will he be ahead of Wood, Barnes or Rodriguez.

Dark Cloud
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:03 am
Been Liked: 1013 times
Has Liked: 1228 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:31 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Its a wonder we can sign anyone...
TBH, you have a serious point there (maybe inadvertently?) It must be extremely hard for us to sign anybody because we're not paying top dollar either in wages or transfer fees by PL standards AND players must note the fact that we don't rotate our starting XI which many weeks is probably the most predictable team sheet in the PL (not a bad thing imo) and they also note the experiences of those who have gone before them which for a number have been frustrating to say the least. Consequently many may well decline to sign up. Not a criticism there btw, as it's the way we do things and we're successful at it, but possibly a fact.

MACCA
Posts: 11782
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 am
Been Liked: 3031 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by MACCA » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:47 pm

jojomk1 wrote:I presume you mean Kalvin Phillips who is a central midfielder/defender (not exactly a like for like swop)

Heard we did bid £20m for this guy in final week of last window but turned down - will certainly go for a lot more in Jan or next summer unless they get promotion

£20m plus Vydra could be a good shout for Phillips who does look good

The lad signed a new long term deal in September, if there was the chance for to get him it was when we had the help of a contract ready to run out and a player wanting to move.
Neither of them are in place now, so you'd think the fee would be nearer 30m than the already offered around 20m.

And to be fair, for a unproven Championship midfielder I dont think we should be touching him.
Not when the likes of Maddisin, Brooks etc were a fraction of them fees , younger and lighting up the division.

Also we did offer Vydra as part of the deal, hense him still being here instead of Wells.
It all went a bit wrong and cost us in terms of both money, and Vydra still being here.

Tall Paul
Posts: 5444
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:07 am
Been Liked: 1987 times
Has Liked: 489 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:10 pm

BOYSIE31 wrote:Do you not think they were signed to offer us something a bit different ?

And Dyche will not move away from his favoured battering rams ?

Its quite clear that some posters on here clearly know nothing about football and probably never kicked a ball in their life.
It's possible that's one of the reasons they were signed, yes.

As for your last sentence, I agree, it's abundantly clear.
These 2 users liked this post: BOYSIE31 Greenmile

claretspice
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:13 am
Been Liked: 2000 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by claretspice » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:41 pm

jrgbfc wrote:Who is going to want to come and be our 4th choice striker though and play one game a season in the League cup?
This is why the ideal replacement for Vydra is not a striker at all, but a wide player to effectively replace Lennon in the squad - i.e. a natural right winger who offers an alternative option to our 3 left footed wingers - who can also operate through the middle.

Equivalent would be someone like Callum Robinson, who went from PNE to Sheff U in the summer.

Truth is with the way we play and the 3 more physical forwards who are our main crop, and the options Brady, McNeil and Hendrick already offer playing at the top of a central midfield 3, we don't especially need the extra "traditional" centre forward.

BOYSIE31
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Re: Matej Vydra

Post by BOYSIE31 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:43 pm

claretspice wrote:This is why the ideal replacement for Vydra is not a striker at all, but a wide player to effectively replace Lennon in the squad - i.e. a natural right winger who offers an alternative option to our 3 left footed wingers - who can also operate through the middle.

Equivalent would be someone like Callum Robinson, who went from PNE to Sheff U in the summer.

Truth is with the way we play and the 3 more physical forwards who are our main crop, and the options Brady, McNeil and Hendrick already offer playing at the top of a central midfield 3, we don't especially need the extra "traditional" centre forward.

I couldnt agree more and that is why the lad Bowen would be ideal for us.

Post Reply