Safe Standing and the General Election

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5268 times

Safe Standing and the General Election

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:55 pm

I’m not one who believes anything said by politicians but here are the words from three parties on their plans (or not) for the introduction of safe standing at Premier League and Championship Grounds.

"We will... work with fans and clubs towards introducing safe standing" (Conservatives)

"We will regulate safe standing in stadiums" (Labour)

"We will... move towards introducing ‘safe standing’ at football clubs" (LibDems)

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4831 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Re: Safe Standing and the General Election

Post by jdrobbo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:08 pm

Wouldn’t it be nice, if whoever is in power, can collaboratively work on something together, with the same vision? All parties, one vision, for the people!

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1812 times
Has Liked: 1792 times

Post by dougcollins » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:33 pm

jdrobbo wrote:Wouldn’t it be nice, if whoever is in power, can collaboratively work on something together, with the same vision? All parties, one vision, for the people!
Unless it's something you don't agree with, of course.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:39 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I’m not one who believes anything said by politicians but here are the words from three parties on their plans (or not) for the introduction of safe standing at Premier League and Championship Grounds.

"We will... work with fans and clubs towards introducing safe standing" (Conservatives)

"We will... move towards introducing ‘safe standing’ at football clubs" (LibDems)
Tory and Lib Dem plans sound a bit wishy washy. Have been quite impressed with the Labour Shadow Minister for sport on this issue

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:43 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:Tory and Lib Dem plans sound a bit wishy washy. Have been quite impressed with the Labour Shadow Minister for sport on this issue
I went to a meeting with the Shadow Minister for Sport in June last year. Her party confirmed their support for standing two days later.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:50 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I went to a meeting with the Shadow Minister for Sport in June last year. Her party confirmed their support for standing two days later.
How was she in person? I get the impression that she is actually a genuine football fan who cares about the issue

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:59 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:How was she in person? I get the impression that she is actually a genuine football fan who cares about the issue
Found her excellent and she is a football fan, think it might be Liverpool she supports. Her predecessor was there too, can’t remember his name but he’s a Millwall fan. They just came across as understanding of the situation so it helps that they go to football.
This user liked this post: JohnDearyMe

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:03 pm

The former Shadow Minister there was Clive Efford

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2349 times
Has Liked: 3177 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:30 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I’m not one who believes anything said by politicians but here are the words from three parties on their plans (or not) for the introduction of safe standing at Premier League and Championship Grounds.

I've just checked dates, this will be too late to use the safe standing rails at WHL - Saturday before GE.

Do you think there's any chance a Burnley supporter can get this to the top of the election campaign and we give it a go in 10 days time?

UTC