Sean Is Getting Frustrated

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: Sean Is Getting Frustrated

Post by KRBFC » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:07 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:12 am
You seriously don’t play fancy stuff in the champ whoever you have , we did have a good budget as we’d come down fully solvent without a parachute .

I find almost beyond belief that people think we can play exiting football with our players in the prem ??? it would be pure suicide . You also must remember that if we hadn’t suffered injuries to JBG, DD and Taylor the side would have had a far more attacking forward feel to it from the off .its been a mix n match team that has had to carry out of form players . Personally I think the board now need to look at foreign investment and at least give SD a chance to buy at least a few realistic targets
Bournemouth Norwich SheffUtd Fulham Leeds Wolves just a great few examples of playing good football in the Championship. I actually think we look a much better side at this level when we pass the ball, you’re right though we can’t play free flowing football at this level with Dyche, he doesn’t know how to coach it or recruit for that style.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:08 pm

We should sack Dyche and replace him with the genius Silva

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Jay played the 90 mins Sat, and we still played hoof ball - apart from when McNeil managed to get down the left hand side and produce some excellent crosses (more of that please Mr Dyche)
Trouble is we have nobody to do the same down the right or for any midfielders to come through the middle
Would be interesting to see the % of passes from our cm's that actually go directly forward rather than sideways and backwards
Until we get the midfield strengthened with pace, bite and ability to hold onto the ball, this long ball punt will just continue
Given the extended contracts signed by CW and AB it doesn't look like SD is going to change his style in the near future

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Hibsclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:21 pm
I’m not sure how you can conclude that Dyche doesn’t know what to look for in a striker. Barnes and Wood have done an incredible job over the past 12 months and they have both improved (Barnes immeasurably). The fact that one or two have come into the club and not been able to displace them is hardly evidence of him not being able to identify a striker. The brass tacks of the situation is that to get better than what we have you probably need to spend more than 30m or improve someone who you bring in for between 5m and 15m. To pay 30m we would need to smash our transfer record...Vydra is not a bad player, just one unlucky to have 3 better ones in front of him...

Agree with you about Defour though....
True but Wood took a little time to bed in and Barnes for ages looked out of his depth in the PL. I actually (to my disgrace I admit now) said we should get shut of Barnes as I didn't rate him at all but obviously he has come good, but when you buy a striker you can't really give him 2 years or more to start firing properly. I do really think there is more to the Vydra affair than we are being told. The guy is very obviously a top player (rubbish strikers don't score loads of goals in the Championship).

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:08 pm

It's ok saying we dont play nice football, and it's long ball ( it is most of the time, and very dull although effective)
However Saturday and a few other times this season several players have struggled with a 15-20 yard pass.

The amount of times a pass was under hit so intercepted, or over hit so it went out/astray was criminal.

It's either SD knows we dont have the players to pass it around with confidence without panic or the players are so used to the instructions/ and training methods of punting it, they panic and dont no what to do when we try and play.

My opinion is it is the former.

northernpowerhouse
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by northernpowerhouse » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:12 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:10 pm
You can't knock the goalscoring record of Barnes and Wood, but do we need to blindly pick them every game no matter what? There's some games where a bit more subtlety is needed, Liverpool at home springs to mind, Van Dijk and Matip were dealing with our long balls comfortably. Why not try Jay Rod or Vydra playing just behind Wood and keeping it on the deck a bit?
Brighton away was another. Why would you put Barnes and Wood up against Brighton's huge defenders? I know we scraped a draw but we were awful all game and only scored thanks to some nice football played on the deck between McNeill, Vydra and Hendrick.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:38 pm

northernpowerhouse wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:12 pm
Brighton away was another. Why would you put Barnes and Wood up against Brighton's huge defenders? I know we scraped a draw but we were awful all game and only scored thanks to some nice football played on the deck between McNeill, Vydra and Hendrick.
As you say, our equaliser at Brighton came from throwing Vydra on and playing it on the deck, was actually a really good goal. I don't have a problem with Barnes and Wood being first choice, but I can't understand the reluctance to try something a bit different occasionally. The Chelsea home game another example, Barnes was getting no change whatsoever out of Zouma, Vydra would have given him something a bit different to think about.

Wo Didi
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 803 times

Post by Wo Didi » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:44 pm

Murger wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:50 pm
The board have had a look at what he spends money on ( Vydra, Gibson) and have decided, nah.

My thoughts exactly, £25m + on two squad players, madness.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5004 times
Has Liked: 6722 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:17 pm

Thought I would bring this thread back up, makes you realise that he had started expressing concern then.