REPORT: First visit to new Spurs home is not one to remember

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32235 times
Has Liked: 5252 times

REPORT: First visit to new Spurs home is not one to remember

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:34 pm

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Re: REPORT: First visit to new Spurs home is not one to remember

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:48 pm

Thanks Tony, certainly agree with the railing. I took my father yesterday, we know we will have to stand which isn’t great at any time, especially after a long journey, in a long day. Not great for Parkinson’s.

Regarding your point about the 2 young subs. Do you think they were ever going to get on the pitch or was it just to fill the bench or, make a point to the board?

My pie look Mee like it would beat Barnsley. It was awful!

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:00 pm

Cant believe your creaming yersel over son heung min.....you cudda scored that goal!! He'd already had a practice run with Lucas Mora banging one in. Schoolboy football from Burnley there...not being in a rush to get home.....though i was out the ground sharpish at half time.. 3 lots of spurs fans at our table were mesmerised at sons goal........why didn't any of your players tackle him? The goal was secondary!

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:09 am

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:48 pm
Regarding your point about the 2 young subs. Do you think they were ever going to get on the pitch or was it just to fill the bench or, make a point to the board?
I thought it would have been shocking to bring them on with us losing heavily like that, would have been totally unfair on them. We had to put two young players on the bench because there were no more senior pros available.
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

Jeremy_Bentham
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 78 times

Post by Jeremy_Bentham » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:07 am

“alongside midfielder Mace Goodridge who is still making his way back to full fitness after a year out with a cruciate ligament injury.”

. realises the chances of either young sub coming on were slim, but would rather have had a fully fit one on the bench just in case he was needed. He expects it was more to give Goodridge the match day experience but given how all other players are expected to be “Dyche fit” (shudder), he is somewhat surprised by Goodridge’s inclusion.

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Post by CleggHall » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:23 am

A low-key report uncritical of Burnley, Lowton apart, but possibly what we need after a comprehensive defeat?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:32 am

. wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:07 am
“alongside midfielder Mace Goodridge who is still making his way back to full fitness after a year out with a cruciate ligament injury.”

. realises the chances of either young sub coming on were slim, but would rather have had a fully fit one on the bench just in case he was needed. He expects it was more to give Goodridge the match day experience but given how all other players are expected to be “Dyche fit” (shudder), he is somewhat surprised by Goodridge’s inclusion.
He is fit, and he's playing regularly for the under23s

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:33 am

CleggHall wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:23 am
A low-key report uncritical of Burnley, Lowton apart, but possibly what we need after a comprehensive defeat?
Uncritical?

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 493 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:52 am

Thanks for the report, quite diplomatic in the circumstances. Could have been the same as the City report, Palace report, Sheff Utd, Chelsea, I could go on. We are simply not performing or competing which is a worry. Who was surprised by the result, certainly not me. Don't get me wrong I've watched The Clarets for the best part of 60 years and you get used to, and accept losing as part and parcel. Its the manner of the performance(s) that leaves a bitter taste for me. Will the personnel change? Highly doubtful either in the short term or come February 2020.