Next labour leader?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Claretincraven
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 55 times

Re: Next labour leader?

Post by Claretincraven » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Citizen 'Wolfie' Smith. Change the name to the Tooting Popular Front. Have 'Power to the People' as the next election slogan.
You might as well unless the link with Momentum is broken.
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 jrtod61

mkmel
Been Liked: 1271 times
Has Liked: 2250 times

Post by mkmel » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Jess Phillips or Dan Jarvis if he puts his name forward
This user liked this post: jrtod61

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:35 pm

AndrewJB wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:42 pm
Not sure what I can add to what I’ve already said.
Add a simple yes or no AndrewJB

Do you genuinely believe that all those people that have voted Tory, for the very first time, in generations, have got it wrong. Where as you AndrewJB are unique in knowing what was better for them, and they should've listened to you all along , as you were right !?

They were wrong . Hundreds of thousands of them. You were right

Yes

Or

No?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:02 pm

The “Stop Jess Phillips” campaign from the Woke Left started early. Labour student officer says she’s a: racist, anti-black, transphobic, white-feminist, ableist, and homophobic evil Tory. Seriously - all in one thread! :D

Faiza
@fzjmmd
As BAME Officer for London Young Labour, I utterly condemn Jess Phillips' overt racism. Our movement is broad, but there's no space for transphobia, anti-blackness, or the frankly weird levels of ignorant white feminism and self-obsession she exhibits.

These people are barmy,i don't agree with Jess Phillips on a lot of issues,but to describe her as all of the above is weird.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Next labour leader?

Remember all those gloating remoaners on here, when parliament was riddled with brexit blocking MPs, around the time of the the tory leadership contest.

"There isn't any where near enough Tory MPs that would vote for Boris Johnson to give him a chance of becoming Tory leader. Theyd be better off with Rory Stewart "

Keep your lottery numbers to yourself lads!
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:11 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:35 pm
Add a simple yes or no AndrewJB

Do you genuinely believe that all those people that have voted Tory, for the very first time, in generations, have got it wrong. Where as you AndrewJB are unique in knowing what was better for them, and they should've listened to you all along , as you were right !?

They were wrong . Hundreds of thousands of them. You were right

Yes

Or

No?
Quick question: were the millions who voted for "War criminal" Tony "Bliar", leader of the "Ivory tower, metropolitan bubble-welling" "Liebour" Party, who launched the "prawn cocktail offensive" that was "responsible for the financial meltdown in 2008" right or wrong?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:13 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:11 pm
Quick question: were the millions who voted for "War criminal" Tony "Bliar", leader of the "Ivory tower, metropolitan bubble-welling" "Liebour" Party, who launched the "prawn cocktail offensive" that was "responsible for the financial meltdown in 2008" right or wrong?
TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 am
Maybe tomorrow. This afternoon's group is Point and Laugh at Silly Ringo.

This was when you were enjoying one of your best pack mentality moments wasnt it!

WHO'S "POINTING AND LAUGHING" NOW ?

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2048 times

Post by LeadBelly » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:14 pm

aiza
@fzjmmd
As BAME Officer for London Young Labour, I utterly condemn Jess Phillips' overt racism. Our movement is broad, but there's no space for transphobia, anti-blackness, or the frankly weird levels of ignorant white feminism and self-obsession she exhibits.
Is that real or a spoof? It's difficult to tell with some of these Momentumites.

Our movement is broad (except for almost everybody other than my chums here in the leftist metropolitan bubble).
These 2 users liked this post: jrtod61 tiger76

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:14 pm

BennyD wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:41 pm
The point is; no one really knows how much it’ll cost until the deal is done and everything is washed out.
I think we can ALL agree on that, but some people have kept insisting that we'll be much better off outside this huge trading block, without having any real basis for the claim. We know the past, and will now have to hope that the future will be better. But it's a hope rather than a certainty.
JRM doesn't seem to think that we'll be better off for decades.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:15 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:21 pm
You are either an outstanding parody account, a paranoid lunatic or drunk.
Always keen to show off your ability to throw around groundless accusations , to try and impress your fellow gaggle members weren't you The Family Cat! Always at the front weren't you!

Who's mocking and who's laughing now , The family Cat?

(clue - it's not you!)

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:19 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:18 am
Looking forward to Ringo cracking his first Special Brew and getting stuck into this one.

This was you in full Leader of The Pack mode , wasn't it The Family Cat !!

Surrounded by a dozen or so like minded "liberals"

Happy to gob off with your gang , weren't you!

NOT SO FORTHCOMING NOW

(Cant think why!)

aggi
Been Liked: 2122 times

Post by aggi » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:19 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Next labour leader?

Remember all those gloating remoaners on here, when parliament was riddled with brexit blocking MPs, around the time of the the tory leadership contest.

"There isn't any where near enough Tory MPs that would vote for Boris Johnson to give him a chance of becoming Tory leader. Theyd be better off with Rory Stewart "

Keep your lottery numbers to yourself lads!
Who wants to bet that no-one said that and RIngo won't be able to find examples to back up his lies.

Being "Mystic McCartney" is pretty easy when the things you claim to have predicted have only a passing resemblance to reality.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:22 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:19 pm
This was you in full Leader of The Pack mode , wasn't it The Family Cat !!

Surrounded by a dozen or so like minded "liberals"

Happy to gob off with your gang , weren't you!

NOT SO FORTHCOMING NOW

(Cant think why!)
Third time you've quoted all these now. Carry on, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It does coincide each time with you avoiding my point/ question.

Were they wrong Ringo? Yes or no?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3082 times
Has Liked: 5059 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:40 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:02 pm
The “Stop Jess Phillips” campaign from the Woke Left started early. Labour student officer says she’s a: racist, anti-black, transphobic, white-feminist, ableist, and homophobic evil Tory. Seriously - all in one thread! :D

Faiza
@fzjmmd

These people are barmy,i don't agree with Jess Phillips on a lot of issues,but to describe her as all of the above is weird.
And they say us old fogiies robbed the young of their future.
We saved them, God knows what they'll do when we're dead.
They've lost the ******* plot.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:42 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:22 pm
Third time you've quoted all these now. Carry on, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It does coincide each time with you avoiding my point/ question.

Were they wrong Ringo? Yes or no?
I'm sure it doesn't bother you in the slightest.

Do you genuinely, genuinely think , for one moment you're somebody who can expect an answer from me.

After you, with your little gang behind you, relished the idea of posting, time after time. Pictures of drunks, Pictures of pedal bins full of empty bottles. Pictures of disturbed individuals from movies. Emboldened by others joining in with your, unthinking, one trick pony "joke"

You hid behind your keyboard didn't you family Cat. You used anonymity to round upon , mob handed, somebody who just happened to have a different view to you and your echo chamber dwelling gaggle of so called "progressive" "ligeral" virtue signaling "inclusives"

Admit it The Family Cat, everytime you posted , yet another nasty mocking photo with the accompanying jeering text, directed at me, for another cheap laugh, at my expense. You were no better than a sad , trying to impress his "friends" , school play ground bully , weren't you.

Like I said previously, water off a ducks back Family Cat. Had it been otherwise , I'd have withdrawn from this messageboard board a long time ago.

Bet your glad I didn't. Cos that would have denied you the chance to have a taste of your own medicine. Why?

COS SINCE THE REFERENDUM AND NOW THE GENERAL ELECTION. IM THE ONE MOCKING AND LAUGHING AND AT YOU!!!!!

(And whether you like it or not. It "Doesn't bother me in the slightest" , as some sad sack messageboard wannabe bully once said!)
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:40 pm
And they say us old fogiies robbed the young of their future.
We saved them, God knows what they'll do when we're dead.
They've lost the ******* plot.
Did Momentum ever have the plot in the 1st place,if Labour want to be taken seriously as a potential viable government,they need to clear the decks of these mad lefties ASAP.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:47 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:42 pm
I'm sure it doesn't bother you in the slightest.

Do you genuinely, genuinely think , for one moment you're somebody who can expect an answer from me.

After you, with your little gang behind you, relished the idea of posting, time after time. Pictures of drunks, Pictures of pedal bins full of empty bottles. Pictures of disturbed individuals from movies. Emboldened by others joining in with your, unthinking, one trick pony "joke"

You hid behind your keyboard didn't you family Cat. You used anonymity to round upon , mob handed, somebody who just happened to have a different view to you and your echo chamber dwelling gaggle of so called "progressive" "ligeral" virtue signaling "inclusives"

Admit it The Family Cat, everytime you posted , yet another nasty mocking photo with the accompanying jeering text, directed at me, for another cheap laugh, at my expense. You were no better than a sad , trying to impress his "friends" , school play ground bully , weren't you.

Like I said previously, water off a ducks back Family Cat. Had it been otherwise , I'd have withdrawn from this messageboard board a long time ago.

Bet your glad I didn't. Cos that would have denied you the chance to have a taste of your own medicine. Why?

COS SINCE THE REFERENDUM AND NOW THE GENERAL ELECTION. IM THE ONE MOCKING AND LAUGHING AND AT YOU!!!!!

(And whether you like it or not. It "Doesn't bother me in the slightest" , as some sad sack messageboard wannabe bully once said!)
Yes or no?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:51 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:47 pm
Yes or no?
Way too busy laughing at and mocking you.

Give it a year or two.......

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:03 pm

aggi wrote:
Who wants to bet that no-one said that and RIngo won't be able to find examples to back up his lies.

Being "Mystic McCartney" is pretty easy when the things you claim to have predicted have only a passing resemblance to reality.
Who wants to bet that aggi is still yet to realise that since the general election result his opinion is redundant and irrelevant!

The odds are shortening, lump on now , before the bookies pay out on him never realising.

Ringo McCartney-

2017, 2018, 2019 "if labour turn their backs on the working class in the North of England heartlands. Their heartlands will turn their backs on Labour. Dont believe me? Look at Scotland...."

Mystic McCartney strikes again.

But the metropolitan bubble dwellers knew best! NOT!

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:06 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Way too busy laughing at and mocking you.

Give it a year or two.......
Surely you can squeeze one little word in between your chortles.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:11 pm

aggi wrote:

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Wednesday 29 may 2019

We've been in the EU and the common market for 40 odd years. During that time we've had tory Labour and coalition.

The north and the Midlands, Wales, the west country have been forgotten.

As I said on lbc, the referendum gave a voice , to the voiceless. Whether you believe it is utterly irrelevant. But 17.4 million people believe that EU membership has been bad for themselves, their families, town and country. The spoke and voted on the basis of a " once in a generation decision. What ever you decide, the government will implement that decision."

Now if that decision is ignored. Or its overridden before its implementation, then the suspicion , "they'll only ignore you, there's no point voting" This is what I said to Shelagh Fogerty and Ian Dale last year. And on here. Trust in the political class and democracy will be shattered, "permanently and transgenerationally" I said it would leave to low turnout and the possibility of extremists only needing a small number of votes to get elected.

And look what's happened.? The Brexit Party are not extremists. They've tapped into the anger that having being told that the referendum would be respected and implemented.

No doubt they'll be a load pile in about what I've just said. Couldn't care less. Millions and millions out there agree with those sentiments.

Labour , if they go 2nd referendum / Remain, will turn it's back on the voiceless 5 millions that voted Leave and previously Labour. Will never form a government again. They'll simply strengthen their vote in London gaining no extra seats, and lose seats like burnley, Hartlepool, merthyr, Bolsover, Pontefract, . Turn your back on your core vote and they'll turn their backs on you.

Don't believe me.?

Look at Scotland.

Mystic McCartney in May 2019

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:12 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:06 pm
Surely you can squeeze one little word in between your chortles.
Bully.

(Still laughing at the sad sack)

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:16 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:12 pm
Bully.

(Still laughing at the sad sack)
What, specifically, is so funny?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:17 pm

aggi wrote:

From 27th May 2019

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:20 pm
The burnley result, along with vast areas of the North and Midlands, shows if the metropolitan London bubble dwellers in the labour party ( the Islington dinner party) take the remain and 2nd referendum path, they'll be annihilated in their former heartlands.

Take your core voters for granted and deny democracy by not respecting and enacting the referendum result and they will punish you.

Don't believe me?

Look at Scotland.........
May 27th 2019

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:23 pm

aggi wrote:

Yep, no examples of people on here saying "There isn't any where near enough Tory MPs that would vote for Boris Johnson to give him a chance of becoming Tory leader. Theyd be better off with Rory Stewart "

I thought so.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:51 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:23 pm
Yep, no examples of people on here saying "There isn't any where near enough Tory MPs that would vote for Boris Johnson to give him a chance of becoming Tory leader. Theyd be better off with Rory Stewart "

I thought so.

:lol: :lol:

What's the matter aggi!?

My prophecies of electoral calamity for Labour, way back in May , too much for you to take!!!???

"

RingoMcCartney
May 27th 2019

The burnley result, along with vast areas of the North and Midlands, shows if the metropolitan London bubble dwellers in the labour party ( the Islington dinner party) take the remain and 2nd referendum path, they'll be annihilated in their former heartlands.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8535 times
Has Liked: 18273 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:54 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:51 pm

What's the matter aggi!?

My prophecies of electoral calamity for Labour, way back in May , too much for you to take!!!???

"

RingoMcCartney
May 27th 2019

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cannot argue with that Ringo lad :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:00 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:16 pm
What, specifically, is so funny?
You thinking that when , for months, you were unable to resist the reflex for showing off, to your gaggle of chums by posting what you, presumably, perceived as , hilarious tropes of alcoholics, bottles and weirdos. All aimed at me.

You believed itd make me back down and stop me posting!

:lol:

You failed.

I'm still here.

I'm having the last laugh!!

These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat jrtod61

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:54 pm
Cannot argue with that Ringo lad :lol:
Cheers Bossman!

;)
This user liked this post: Bosscat

aggi

Post by aggi » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:35 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:51 pm

What's the matter aggi!?

"
RingoMcCartney
May 27th 2019

Sorry Ringo, I think you've quoted the wrong thing. I can't see any mention of Rory Stewart or Boris Johnson there.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:56 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:00 pm
You thinking that when , for months, you were unable to resist the reflex for showing off, to your gaggle of chums by posting what you, presumably, perceived as , hilarious tropes of alcoholics, bottles and weirdos. All aimed at me.
Impressive use of commas there. Makes your reply indecipherable tough.

[quote=RingoMcCartney post_id=1164105 time=1576598422 user_id=2233You believed itd make me back down and stop me posting!
[/quote]

You just can't help yourself from jumping to wild conclusions. This is exactly why folk have been accusing you of being a drunk and a lunatic (well, it's one of the reasons).

[quote=RingoMcCartney post_id=1164105 time=1576598422 user_id=2233

You failed.

I'm still here.

[/quote]

You enjoy your last laugh but please allow me a chuckle to myself when I see that you're in hysterics over something that exists only in your own mind.

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:05 am

clarethomer wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:18 pm
Tory policy because it hits vulnerable people and public services....

Labour's policies were no magic pill to these issues and that was the crux of their failure to win people around like me.

Regardless of how much money you spend on different services/programs/departments - you are still going to have vulnerable people. You are still going to have poverty and people excluded from society.

Let's take the film I, Daniel Blake.. I'm not sure if you will have seen it? It's a great example of the challenges that exist for vulnerable people trying to access help. In the film, it shows that he can't access information online, because of lack of knowledge, can't apply for benefits because of lack of knowledge... There was help there for him, he could have got access online for free at the library but the system wasn't designed for people like him who lived their life 'offline as the 'online' world had passed them by'.

Now I know there were wider issues within that film but it was just a small example of how the world has moved on past some of these vulnerable individuals.

You believe that private corporations are not the answer.. You are probably right in saying that a lot more could be done by private corporations but they are not the evil that some describe them to be.

Take HSBC for example... they are looking to provide a solution to those people who are financially excluded within Society https://www.finextra.com/newsarticle/34 ... k-accounts

For me, there does need to be effective opposition but Corbyn didn't provide it clearly by the loss last week. Yes he gained seats and had a better result last time round against May but it became really clear that the policies being introduced within the manifesto would have ended up costing the people they were trying to help more than some would like to admit.

I'm really welcome debate around how we help move this country forward and provide opportunity for private and public to work together to help improve lives for those who need it.

If the next Labour leader believes Corbyn was on the right tracks, I really fear for the realisation that there may not be an effective opposition in place.
First it’s not up to business or individual people to fix the problems of society. Their efforts are welcome, of course, but it is the government first and foremost to do the hard work, because if the government won’t do it, the problems will never be resolved. And this isn’t about eradicating poverty, because relative poverty will always be there, but about reducing it to the degree that the few cases of absolute poverty that crop up can be easily dealt with by local government.

Colburn claims government bear no responsibility for poverty, and that it’s the choices people make. This takes no account whatsoever of circumstances, and how the government can affect these. The government refused to back a bill calling for private rented accommodation to be “habitable”. They brought in the bedroom tax, and the benefits cap, and the benefits freeze, and made cuts to countless small programs that made people’s lives easier. Of course government are responsible.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3082 times
Has Liked: 5059 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:55 am

I didnt say the government bears no responsibility for poverty, I said that poverty, was nowhere near as bad as the statisticians and the ultra Left would have us believe.
What I did say was that government wasn't responsible for the break down in Society. That's been spiralling for the last 50 years, and its up to us, as parents, to repair the damage. The government has its part to play, but the bulk of the onus is on us.

Take homelessness, for every 100 people on the street, there are probably a 100 different reasons why they are there. I dont buy it that many will be because of the government. I cant think of any circumstances in which I could possibly have ended up in that situation. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe I have more common sense, but I would find a solution. There must be thousands of others out there who have had major hurdles in their lives that found a solution as well. There are agencies that deal with drug addicts, alcoholics, released prisoners, debt collectors, depression. If people dont take advantage of the help available, is that the governments fault? I just don't see it.
I'm not trying to whitewash authorities, or suggesting they should wash their hands of people who slip through the system, I just don't think they deserve being beaten with a stick for other peoples mistakes.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1651 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Brief observation from me that Lisa Nandy was on Newsnight last night and was fairly impressive at understanding why this “flight to the cities” has totally failed (and why it happened in the first place).

She was on with that Mansfield Tory MP and in truth there wasn’t much between them in terms of ideology. There could soon be an overlap between the parties in many policies. The key for Labour isn’t just having someone to represent the north, they have to have ideas to CHANGE the north. She has a chance.

She only retained her seat because of Farage (as did Jarvis, Cooper and Milliband) so is vulnerable at the next election, but she would make a good Labour leader.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:32 pm

Colburn, I think you are quite wrong about homelessness. Both me and my partner often talk to homeless people and the stories they tell show that most of them could be off the streets if government and local authorities cared enough to provide accommodation for them. But they don't. You are quite right to say that homeless people often have many other problems and that they are often the most dysfunctional individuals in society. But most of them could make much of themselves and would not be freezing on the streets if they were given more support by the government. I don't really like this exoneration of government neglect with the argument that this is mostly their own fault. It smacks of political factionalism designed to avoid a difficult issue.

And if we look beyond homelessness, who can justify the six-week delay in paying Universal Credit? That is so heartless and seems almost deliberately cruel. How on earth are people supposed to feed themselves and their children during that period when they have nothing? And we could of course add the neglect of elderly people due to lack of properly funded social care, the stress placed on the NHS, and the underfunding of education. These trends weren't essential, taxation levels on most sections of society could have been raised, but the government chose to make the poorest and most vulnerable people pay the price for the financial crash through cuts to public services. It was, in my view, a series of policy decisions based on political ideology rather than absolute necessity.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:11 pm

Homelessness doesn't just mean rough sleeping on the streets. The vast majority of homeless people are accommodated in temporary accommodation supported by their local authority or use informal arrangements such as staying with friends. So a relatively small number of rough sleepers on the streets although of course any is too many and a bad reflection on our society. But it should also to be said that some rough sleepers don't want help from statutory services - you ask any local authority that has rough sleepers in their administrative boundary and they will tell you that some rough sleepers have been offered lots of support but they do not want the help and choose to continue sleeping rough.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:28 pm

aggi wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:35 pm
Sorry Ringo, I think you've quoted the wrong thing. I can't see any mention of Rory Stewart or Boris Johnson there.
Poor poor, little lost lamb aggi.

The general election result has clearly clouded your thinking.

When I point out what remoaners have said in the past. Thsts not me using my mystic powers of prediction.

That's me pointing out the past

When I do this

From 27th May 2019

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:20 pm

Take your core voters for granted and deny democracy by not respecting and enacting the referendum result and they will punish you.

Don't believe me?

Look at Scotland.........
May 27th 2019

That's me using my super natural powers to predict the future! ;)

Hope that helps my , confused , friend.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:56 pm

Glad you're back on Ringo. I've just been having a fun game of dragging up people's old posts, a bit like you like to do. These are just the first few of what I found:
RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:15 am
Zero hour contracts?
EU nationalist remoaner zealots supporting them.
Just a bunch of poor mans Mike Ashleys.....
Mike Ashley, that confirmed Brexiteer, by the way.
RingoMcCartney wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:20 pm
To be able to control who is allowed to enter this country. And not continue to believe it's our prerogative and god given right to Hoover up other nations young ambitious workers taking them away from their homelands. In order to satisfy the insatiable demands of exploitative employers for cheap zero hours and minimum wage cannon fodder , like the odious Mike Ashley. Instead training our own youngsters up and giving them decent conditions, pay hope and ambition.
RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:06 am
Zero hours contracts aren't good by any stretch.
RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:08 pm
(Charlie Mullins) was arguing that he didn't have to give zero hour workers, the same rights as other workers. That's typical of the Mike Ashley type, europhile, anti democracy type exploitative latter day master sweep. Who needs a large pool of cheap foreign Labour to hire and fire at will I'm order to protect his privileged kept in clover, lifestyle....
"Pay local workers more. You shame faced crook" I thought.

December 12th December 2019; RingoMcCartney, a man with such hatred of zero-hours contracts voted for a party who support the very same zero hour contracst and is rejoicing in their victory in the election. He works tirelessly for those at the bottom, but not before his Brexit.

Bearing this in mind, this is probably my favourite quote of his on the subject, especially the last line:

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:29 pm
It's clear that your world is a cosseted, kept in clover, highly paid world. And as long as you get your mocha frappa wotsit served to you every morning. By some one on a zero hours contract, on a near poverty hourly rate, who's probably living in cramped, expensive rented conditions. Then aggis world is perfect. **** the rest, and their plight. Aggis world is just fine.
What a nasty self centred man.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:05 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:56 pm
Impressive use of commas there. Makes your reply indecipherable tough.

[quote=RingoMcCartney post_id=1164105 time=1576598422 user_id=2233You believed itd make me back down and stop me posting!
You just can't help yourself from jumping to wild conclusions. This is exactly why folk have been accusing you of being a drunk and a lunatic (well, it's one of the reasons).

[quote=RingoMcCartney post_id=1164105 time=1576598422 user_id=2233

You failed.

I'm still here.

[/quote]
TheFamilyCat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:56 pm

You enjoy your last laugh but please allow me a chuckle to myself when I see that you're in hysterics over something that exists only in your own mind.
"Wild conclusions " :lol: :lol:

Oh the irony!!

You and your gaggle of remoaners and so called "liberal thinking" chums, but you in particular. Relished the chance to bounce off one another as you chose to try and do a sad character assassination based on groundless fantasies of someone who constantly got the better of you. Treat you with the contempt you deserved and somebody that, once you ran out of any rational arguement. Resorted to uploading , photos of , pedal bins full of empty bottles , drunken bums and freaks in movies! :lol:

From the safety of your keyboard did you think itd silence me!? Or did you think itd be a red rag to a bull for me!? Either way, like your political stance, you've been proven to be utterly utterly and gloriously wrong! Any belief I'd just go away because of your hysterically funky pictures existed only in your mind!

Hey, even though you may not feel emboldened by the presence of your little cabal, just for old times sake, post a few more pictures of alcoholics, of weirdos, empty wine bottles !

Go on The Family Cat! It was easy enough before ! Just for old , "jumping to wild conclusions " times sake!

laughing at you even more by the way!!!!!

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:14 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:56 pm
Glad you're back on Ringo. I've just been having a fun game of dragging up people's old posts, a bit like you like to do. These are just the first few of what I found:

Mike Ashley, that confirmed Brexiteer, by the way.

December 12th December 2019; RingoMcCartney, a man with such hatred of zero-hours contracts voted for a party who support the very same zero hour contracst and is rejoicing in their victory in the election. He works tirelessly for those at the bottom, but not before his Brexit.

Bearing this in mind, this is probably my favourite quote of his on the subject, especially the last line:

Oh The family Cat! You missed my 2 all time classics from 24th june 2016 how remiss of you!

"DEMOCRACY- SOMETIMES YOU LOSE"

and not forgetting my number piece of advice, which you evidently failed to listen to,

"YOU LOST . GET OVER IT"

Never was the last one , on the back of a thumping electoral defeat, more appropriate !

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:33 pm

Some quick questions before I leave this one. Don't worry, I'm not expecting answers. A reply perhaps, but not answers.

1. What is my political stance (clue, read some of my posts when I have explained it) and why is it "wrong"?

2. On the off-chance you answer question 1 correctly, why would I consider an election result to be a victory or a defeat?

3. Were the millions who were in the majority that voted Labour in 1997, 2001 and 2005 right or wrong?

4. Why did you vote for a party that supports the zero hour contracts that you are so opposed to?

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:51 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:28 pm
Snip
So, as expected "There isn't any where near enough Tory MPs that would vote for Boris Johnson to give him a chance of becoming Tory leader. Theyd be better off with Rory Stewart " is just yet another Ringo lie. I guess you tell so many it's difficult to keep track.

I note that you didn't post the other part of your prediction from then

Annotation 2019-12-17 181624.jpg
Annotation 2019-12-17 181624.jpg (21.33 KiB) Viewed 1895 times

Just remind me how many seats the Brexit Party won?

I guess if you throw enough **** at the wall some will stick.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:56 pm

I really, really hope Lady Nugee wins.

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:55 am
I didnt say the government bears no responsibility for poverty, I said that poverty, was nowhere near as bad as the statisticians and the ultra Left would have us believe.
What I did say was that government wasn't responsible for the break down in Society. That's been spiralling for the last 50 years, and its up to us, as parents, to repair the damage. The government has its part to play, but the bulk of the onus is on us.

Take homelessness, for every 100 people on the street, there are probably a 100 different reasons why they are there. I dont buy it that many will be because of the government. I cant think of any circumstances in which I could possibly have ended up in that situation. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe I have more common sense, but I would find a solution. There must be thousands of others out there who have had major hurdles in their lives that found a solution as well. There are agencies that deal with drug addicts, alcoholics, released prisoners, debt collectors, depression. If people dont take advantage of the help available, is that the governments fault? I just don't see it.
I'm not trying to whitewash authorities, or suggesting they should wash their hands of people who slip through the system, I just don't think they deserve being beaten with a stick for other peoples mistakes.
If you look at the structures around supporting homeless people they've been significantly cut back. Mental health funding has been cut (with the unfortunate knock on that the police have to devote much more time to dealing with people with mental health issues now), adult care has been cut, drug and alcohol rehabilitation funding has been cut, sure start funding to get youngsters on the right path has been cut, etc

There may be agencies but they don't have the funding and hence the capacity to deal with these things.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:08 pm

claretandy wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:56 pm
I really, really hope Lady Nugee wins.
Beat me to it Andy!

Just heard the high priestess of smug has thrown her hat into the ring. Get in!

Cos that's what the labour party needs right now, to improve its electoral fortunes!

A sneering, looking down their nose, lofty, self righteous, working class mocking, smug dweller of the metropolitan London borough of Ivory Towers !

Labour - the wilderness years
2010 - 20?? ...........
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 claretandy

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:12 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:51 pm
So, as expected "There isn't any where near enough Tory MPs that would vote for Boris Johnson to give him a chance of becoming Tory leader. Theyd be better off with Rory Stewart " is just yet another Ringo lie. I guess you tell so many it's difficult to keep track.

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Wednesday 29 may 2019

We've been in the EU and the common market for 40 odd years. During that time we've had tory Labour and coalition.

The north and the Midlands, Wales, the west country have been forgotten.

As I said on lbc, the referendum gave a voice , to the voiceless. Whether you believe it is utterly irrelevant. But 17.4 million people believe that EU membership has been bad for themselves, their families, town and country. The spoke and voted on the basis of a " once in a generation decision. What ever you decide, the government will implement that decision."

Now if that decision is ignored. Or its overridden before its implementation, then the suspicion , "they'll only ignore you, there's no point voting" This is what I said to Shelagh Fogerty and Ian Dale last year. And on here. Trust in the political class and democracy will be shattered, "permanently and transgenerationally" I said it would leave to low turnout and the possibility of extremists only needing a small number of votes to get elected.

And look what's happened.? The Brexit Party are not extremists. They've tapped into the anger that having being told that the referendum would be respected and implemented.

No doubt they'll be a load pile in about what I've just said. Couldn't care less. Millions and millions out there agree with those sentiments.

Labour , if they go 2nd referendum / Remain, will turn it's back on the voiceless 5 millions that voted Leave and previously Labour. Will never form a government again. They'll simply strengthen their vote in London gaining no extra seats, and lose seats like burnley, Hartlepool, merthyr, Bolsover, Pontefract, . Turn your back on your core vote and they'll turn their backs on you.

Don't believe me.?

Look at Scotland.

Mystic McCartney in May 2019!
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:17 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:51 pm

Just remind me aggi.

Who correctly predicted labour being wiped out in its heartlands?

Answer - Me!

"No doubt they'll be a load pile in about what I've just said. Couldn't care less. Millions and millions out there agree with those sentiments. " I said.

Who, as mystic McCartney predicted, "piled in"

Answer - you did aggi!!

Did millions agree "with my sentiments" as I predicted aggi?

Answer- Big time!!

Just how many seat have the Brexit Party needed to win for Brexit to actually happen on 31st January 2020?

Answer- None!

Let the count down , to Independence day, begin!

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:39 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:03 pm
If you look at the structures around supporting homeless people they've been significantly cut back. Mental health funding has been cut (with the unfortunate knock on that the police have to devote much more time to dealing with people with mental health issues now), adult care has been cut, drug and alcohol rehabilitation funding has been cut, sure start funding to get youngsters on the right path has been cut, etc

There may be agencies but they don't have the funding and hence the capacity to deal with these things.
Something that I just came across in the FT today that seems relevant:

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Neil Shipperley

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2013 times
Has Liked: 2911 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Kinnock from the back benches would make a good leader. Intelligent, articulate and fairly middle party. Think we’d see a Labour Party fit to challenge next time. IMO