Cant watch much more of that

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Re: Cant watch much more of that

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:12 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:25 pm
Good win important . But that was a dreadful watch. How much more goofball can we take?

Need to inject some pace and skill in January.

Well, you can stay at home!!!

Perhaps shopping with the missus is your preferred Sat afternoon.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

exilecanada
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by exilecanada » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:14 pm

I really don’t understand some posters on this board……………what do the ‘naysayers’ want? Do they really expect us to outplay teams with far more resources than us? I was around to see Jimmy Mac, Adamson, Angus, Elder, Lochhead et al and, I for one, never expected to see Burnley back in the PL! We should be proud to support Burnley and cherish the run we’ve enjoyed for the last decade, it won’t last forever. Sure, many games are heart stopping to watch, especially late in the half or late in the game when the score is close, there are times I daren’t watch! For all the faults, it can be bloody exciting stuff! It’s easy to support teams such as Citeh, supporting Burnley takes gonads!
I can guarantee Dyche would love to have access to a blank cheque book to buy all the talent he ever wanted, however I recollect Garlick saying he won’t put BFC in financial jeopardy, or words that effect. So far he’s true to his word! It doesn’t take brain surgeon to realize overspending leads to disaster in footy, not to mention the real world.

End of rant.
These 4 users liked this post: Leisure Bosscat tiger76 Ashingtonclaret46

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11052 times
Has Liked: 5660 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Very hard to watch us for the most part, unnecessarily giving the ball away cheaply on a regular occurrence at the moment.......but we all watch for that one joyous moment of McNeil pinging in a great cross to have VAR rule out a power header because Wood has a bigger nose than the defender.

I'll be back next week to do it all again though, as much as I find the footy on offer mostly frustrating (because we are far better than what we show) it's the hope that keeps me watching.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather take a crap game and 1-0 win against Newcastle in the Premier League than a crap game 1-0 win against Crewe !
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat ClaretAL

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Horrible match in horrible conditions but we took the lead and defended it comfortably. If you think that was 'hoofball' then you're being lazy and not actually paying attention to the game. We didn't hoof the ball much at all, in fact we spent a lot more time fannying around across the back four than usual due to Newcastle playing their entire team in their first 40 yards of the pitch.

It wasn't a good spectacle but it was a much needed 3 points and the onus wasn't on us to entertain the fans after taking the lead. I predicted an ugly 1-0 win today and I'm more than happy to get it.
These 5 users liked this post: Bosscat damo_whitehead tiger76 Greenmile Juan Tanamera

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8535 times
Has Liked: 18275 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:20 pm

exilecanada wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:14 pm
I really don’t understand some posters on this board……………what do the ‘naysayers’ want? Do they really expect us to outplay teams with far more resources than us? I was around to see Jimmy Mac, Adamson, Angus, Elder, Lochhead et al and, I for one, never expected to see Burnley back in the PL! We should be proud to support Burnley and cherish the run we’ve enjoyed for the last decade, it won’t last forever. Sure, many games are heart stopping to watch, especially late in the half or late in the game when the score is close, there are times I daren’t watch! For all the faults, it can be bloody exciting stuff! It’s easy to support teams such as Citeh, supporting Burnley takes gonads!
I can guarantee Dyche would love to have access to a blank cheque book to buy all the talent he ever wanted, however I recollect Garlick saying he won’t put BFC in financial jeopardy, or words that effect. So far he’s true to his word! It doesn’t take brain surgeon to realize overspending leads to disaster in footy, not to mention the real world.

End of rant.
Hear ... bloody hear ...bloody hear ...

Stayingup
Been Liked: 922 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:21 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:50 pm
I’ve never supported those teams but don’t let that stop your abusive outburst.

You’ve got anger management issues darling x :lol:
Dont be such a pr!ck.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:24 pm

It was utter crap football. No idea how much that lot cost but if you cannot play decent football in glorious sunshine nice surface and no wind blowing then it is time to take up a different sport.
Oh hang on wasn't it ******* down, snowing ,sleeting and in a swirling wind?
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

Leisure
Been Liked: 3795 times
Has Liked: 12492 times

Post by Leisure » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:31 pm

Imagine some of the comments on this thread if we'd got beat! ksr and boysie would have been apoplectic! :lol:

vinrogue
Been Liked: 319 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:33 pm

5 more wins should do it now and my season ticket will allow me to watch us try and compete with the best players in the world next season. In the world and with a team and budget that fits our clubs ethos. I will continue to support my club good or bad and reserve the right to be happy or sad after a game.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Paint it claret wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:42 pm
Can’t watch much more of Peters
Sooner have ward back
Very harsh thought he along with the back four were brilliant today. Along with Cork and Westwood.

Hendrick was missing. We had zero width especially that side. Wood and Barnes weren't great but as ever when they are together caused problems and one bagged.

Wasn't pretty. But 3 points is more important than pretty!
This user liked this post: Leisure

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8535 times
Has Liked: 18275 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:48 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:25 pm
Good win important . But that was a dreadful watch. How much more goofball can we take?

Need to inject some pace and skill in January.
I would rather watch BFC than your "Madge" replacement Timbob :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Times today I sat thinking I wish we were playing the free flowing football Newcastle were but back in the Championship.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:51 pm

I need to apologise to Tim btw. He left his phone unlocked. He probably hasn't read this thread yet!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:57 pm

We did what we needed to do, no it isn't pretty and I really hope recruitment is high on the agenda come January. By the way, thought Cork and Westy were brilliant today...need someone next to them who does the clever stuff.

jackie1971
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by jackie1971 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Not pretty pretty, but it is MY team.......end of
This user liked this post: Aclaret

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Aclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:59 pm
Some people can swap there teams at will and watch anyone. As a fan of 50 odd years, after its been passed on through the genes by your Dad and Grandad before, I'm afraid there's no option, you stick with your team and watch what's on offer. I'm a Burnley fan. Well that's me anyway.
nice sentiment, but as we all know that diehard mentality is only valid for two or three thousand fans when the going gets really bad. As was seen when we hit the skids and were grubbing around in the old 4th division.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:10 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:11 pm
Very poor recruitment? Ha ha ha. If we’d had poor recruitment we wouldn’t be in this league.
We are in this league because we are masters in second ball retention, following a long ball thus bypassing the centre field of probably £200m plus of any other team. A good tactic. But we are are amongst to oldest age profile in the league, so again yes recruitment is a problem and that seems to be clear to 90% of us clarets fans including Dyche but not you?

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:25 pm
How do you work that out? We had 7 efforts, 4 on target. They had 9 efforts, 0 on target.

I worked it out as I was stood watching the game thinking this isnt a great match, we dont look to be playing much football here.

Shots on target have no correlation to good football

damo_whitehead
Been Liked: 168 times
Has Liked: 110 times

Post by damo_whitehead » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Get smashed and people moan, we win and people moan. Maybe my expectations on quality of football is low, but I love 3 points in the premier league, no matter how it comes. And I actually thought we played some decent stuff today, Jack Cork in particular with really neat midfield passing
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat Leisure tiger76

Dressinggown
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Post by Dressinggown » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Hark now hear.

Ugly football can be the most beautiful when you are fighting to remain in the best league on this planet.
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure tiger76 Bosscat

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:33 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:10 pm
We are in this league because we are masters in second ball retention, following a long ball thus bypassing the centre field of probably £200m plus of any other team. A good tactic. But we are are amongst to oldest age profile in the league, so again yes recruitment is a problem and that seems to be clear to 90% of us clarets fans including Dyche but not you?
I think the point is that recruitment is now very difficult because of the ridiculous demands of clubs, players and agents. When someone like Steve Webster costs Brighton £25m then you must realise what Dyche is saying about the market.
Fortunately for us that in-spite of this Dyche has done a brilliant job with his recruitment which is very easy to check over his tenure at the club and compare to any club in the division....if that is a “problem” then all other clubs will have bigger problems.
You might also want to read the recent report on the state of finances of the Championship clubs to get an even better understanding about why we are running the club as we are.
This user liked this post: tiger76

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:35 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:48 pm
I would rather watch BFC than your "Madge" replacement Timbob :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't believe that for one minute....inc. Steve in that to. :roll:

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:36 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:33 pm
I think the point is that recruitment is now very difficult because of the ridiculous demands of clubs, players and agents. When someone like Steve Webster costs Brighton £25m then you must realise what Dyche is saying about the market.
Fortunately for us that in-spite of this Dyche has done a brilliant job with his recruitment which is very easy to check over his tenure at the club and compare to any club in the division....if that is a “problem” then all other clubs will have bigger problems.
You might also want to read the recent report on the state of finances of the Championship clubs to get an even better understanding about why we are running the club as we are.
If that was correct lets look at more recently, Gibson and Vydra, effectively we are responsible of destroying their what look like potentially massive career due to not being played at record transfer budgets for our club. How can you describe this as successful? our age profile alone says its not?

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Hopefully when the transfer window is open we can make a couple of good quality signings, within our price range, who will improve the team. We've been stretched lately through injuries and we've ground out a deserved win today against another team, who themselves have had injury problems. I'm glad none of our players received yellow cards today, as some are running the risk of bans.
We need everyone whose fit, to be available to get to our goal of firstly getting nearer to the 40 point target.
If we can unload some of the fringe players who haven't come upto the quality the manager expected, that would release some funds and wages, towards the purchase of better loan or permanent players in this transfer window. Any good signings may well improve on the quality of our play and make us more of the force we are now.
This user liked this post: tiger76

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:39 pm

joey13 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:26 pm
See you in Bournemouth Tim :lol:
You certainly will....I need to spread the word far and wide.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:40 pm

We are gasping for a right midfielder to give the opposition something other than Dwight to think about

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:45 pm

I thought the second half was quite entertaining. Not in a silky skills sort of way, but there was excitement. (The first half was rubbish.)

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:55 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:36 pm
If that was correct lets look at more recently, Gibson and Vydra, effectively we are responsible of destroying their what look like potentially massive career due to not being played at record transfer budgets for our club. How can you describe this as successful? our age profile alone says its not?
1) because I don’t look at 2 transfers in isolation over a 7 year period
2) because we are still in the Premier league.

How you can say our recruitment is not successful when it’s resulted in the most successful period in our history off the pitch and for the last 50 years on the pitch ?
Just have a look at the crap you are posting.
It wouldn’t matter if we had a team of 62 year olds if we were staying up and posting £30m profit a season.

We will get relegated at some point - other than 5 or 6 teams in the 30 years of the Premier League all the other 50 or so teams have been relegated. My guess there is few of them who will have left the league with no debt and the profit reserves we will have accumulated when we do.

Some of our fans have criticised Dyche’s recruitment from the start of his tenure - 7 years and half a billion of income generated later they will probably still say they “told us so” when we do eventually go down !!
These 4 users liked this post: Hibsclaret Greenmile Holtyclaret Bosscat

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:02 pm

I enjoyed the game, and we've got to keep things in perspective - we've had a very good first half of the season overall. Today was always going to be a tight affair against notoriously stubborn opponents, particularly in conditions like todays.

But - I do understand people being a bit frustrated with the performance today. We were very narrow, a bit lacking in guile and as a result our attacking play was a bit slow, narrow and clumsy.

The irony is the root cause of this was really the same thing that's the springboard for our success against an awful lot of the teams we play at this level - the front two. Barnes and Wood are a cracking pair, and when the opposing back four isn't compact or physical, they prey on those weaknesses. The problem is when teams are compact and are physical, and especially if they defend deep, the two of them lack clever movement, touch or nimbleness. Today, with Hendrick on one flank and those two up front, the lack of subtlety and cleverness meant it was almost inevitable we'd have to go long and hope the ball broke for us. McNeil might have been a wide threat but Newcastle snuffed him out, and with the full backs offering nothing in attack, our only real moments of quality came when McNeil came inside. On more than one occasion, he showed the skill and awareness to open Newcastle up, but mostly, he was just running into congested areas already occupied by Barnes, Wood and often Hendrick.

We bought Rodriguez to offer a clever, more skilful link-up option than Barnes, and if we're not going to use him in games like this (especially after he was one of our best players at Spurs) there's really no point in having him. Alternatively, we might play McNeil in the 10 position and play Brady as a more creative option. And the lack of width offered by our full backs currently is clearly one of those things we need to try and remedy in January.

But after 3 defeats in a row, and being opened up a bit easily in our last two games, we needed to get back on the horse. We've done that and set ourselves up well for christmas.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:04 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:55 pm
1) because I don’t look at 2 transfers in isolation over a 7 year period
2) because we are still in the Premier league.

How you can say our recruitment is not successful when it’s resulted in the most successful period in our history off the pitch and for the last 50 years on the pitch ?
Just have a look at the crap you are posting.
It wouldn’t matter if we had a team of 62 year olds if we were staying up and posting £30m profit a season.

We will get relegated at some point - other than 5 or 6 teams in the 30 years of the Premier League all the other 50 or so teams have been relegated. My guess there is few of them who will have left the league with no debt and the profit reserves we will have accumulated when we do.

Some of our fans have criticised Dyche’s recruitment from the start of his tenure - 7 years and half a billion of income generated later they will probably still say they “told us so” when we do eventually go down !!
"How you can say our recruitment is not successful when it’s resulted in the most successful period in our history off the pitch and for the last 50 years on the pitch ?"

Based on what?? its the first time we have been in the last 50 years at the top table? we have transfer record players warming the bench, how can this ever be successful?.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:07 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:04 pm
"How you can say our recruitment is not successful when it’s resulted in the most successful period in our history off the pitch and for the last 50 years on the pitch ?"

Based on what?? its the first time we have been in the last 50 years at the top table? we have transfer record players warming the bench, how can this ever be successful?.
Success in football is based on howe well the team plays, not on how much the subs cost. Ben Mee and Ben Gibson cost £15.5m between them and we are 12th in the Premier League. It would make no difference to the success of our recruitment if Mee had cost £15m and Gibson £500k - we would be in the same position and therefore would have had the same success.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2833 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:12 pm

The reason our very expensive subs (by our standards) can't get a game is precisely because the recruitment that went before was so good.

Once you've assembled such a good team on such a small budget, it becomes very hard to beat it.
These 3 users liked this post: dsr Hibsclaret ClaretAL

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:16 pm

dsr wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:07 pm
Success in football is based on howe well the team plays, not on how much the subs cost. Ben Mee and Ben Gibson cost £15.5m between them and we are 12th in the Premier League. It would make no difference to the success of our recruitment if Mee had cost £15m and Gibson £500k - we would be in the same position and therefore would have had the same success.
Apart from you recruit to improve? Our recruits dont play?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:17 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:04 pm

Like you that doesn’t make any sense.

You have a very strange way of defining success. Picking out a couple of signings that have not worked out whilst forgetting the many many more that have and even stranger ignoring the facts that the period under the current manager is the most successful sustained period since the 1960s.
Every club makes mistakes in the transfer market - it’s about minimising those mistakes and not putting the club in financial risk by doing so. Tell me another club who has had fewer mistakes in the market than Burnley and been in the premier league for at least as long as we have.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:21 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:29 pm
What a strange set of responses to my first post on this thread

All I said is I don’t want a season ticket anymore because I don’t enjoy the football anymore, not that I’m never going on again and that I’m going to support Rovers and I hate Burnley FC

Some of you need to seriously get a grip. Talk about taking things personally. Really really odd
Yes really odd, Burnley fans on a Burnley forum not liking criticism of their team and taking it personally.

Not really sure who needs to get a grip here.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure Bosscat

Tinribs
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Tinribs » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:21 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:42 pm
Utterly shite isn’t it.

This season will be my last with a season ticket for a while. At least until we get someone who wants us to play some football.

For some fans it’s all about the winning, fair enough, but I prefer to enjoy the football on show rather than looking at the table afterwards. I’m obviously in the minority’s there but so be it.
Bye hope you stop posting drivel on here too
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure Bosscat

Tinribs
Been Liked: 281 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Tinribs » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:28 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:47 pm
Very harsh thought he along with the back four were brilliant today. Along with Cork and Westwood.

Hendrick was missing. We had zero width especially that side. Wood and Barnes weren't great but as ever when they are together caused problems and one bagged.

Wasn't pretty. But 3 points is more important than pretty!
I’m a pretty positive Burnley fan and I loved the game today because it was a battle and not the tippy tappy ******** we gat forced fed as proper every week on Sky.... But to say Pieters was brilliant !!!!! Wow now that is delusional hahaha

ClaretAL

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:32 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:17 pm
Like you that doesn’t make any sense.

You have a very strange way of defining success. Picking out a couple of signings that have not worked out whilst forgetting the many many more that have and even stranger ignoring the facts that the period under the current manager is the most successful sustained period since the 1960s.
Every club makes mistakes in the transfer market - it’s about minimising those mistakes and not putting the club in financial risk by doing so. Tell me another club who has had fewer mistakes in the market than Burnley and been in the premier league for at least as long as we have.
To be fair I agree with a lot of what you say, bit our current age profile suggest the bubble is about to burst. This is due to lack of recruitment or lack of promotion of youth. Dyche himself points out restlessly that the model fo the club means he can not improve the squad as most managers can.

My own opinion is we have at least another 2 Dwight McNeils sat in the u23s that could make a step up.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11052 times
Has Liked: 5660 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:44 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:32 pm
To be fair I agree with a lot of what you say, bit our current age profile suggest the bubble is about to burst. This is due to lack of recruitment or lack of promotion of youth. Dyche himself points out restlessly that the model fo the club means he can not improve the squad as most managers can.

My own opinion is we have at least another 2 Dwight McNeils sat in the u23s that could make a step up.
who are they ?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:46 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:32 pm

Who ?....and when ?

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 429 times
Has Liked: 4570 times

Post by MT03ALG » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:47 pm

Great, competitive game to watch. I could watch a game like today's every day of the week for the next few years.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by jojomk1 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:49 pm

Tinribs wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:28 pm
I’m a pretty positive Burnley fan and I loved the game today because it was a battle and not the tippy tappy ******** we gat forced fed as proper every week on Sky.... But to say Pieters was brilliant !!!!! Wow now that is delusional hahaha
The same Pieters who is 31 and could not get a regular game for Stoke last season

On a 2 year deal with the option of more

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:55 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:49 pm
The same Pieters who is 31 and could not get a regular game for Stoke last season

On a 2 year deal with the option of more
Stokes loss..

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:23 am

Yes, there are a lot of complaints that our reserve centre half (who hasn't been needed because of lack of injuries) is an expensive player who could probably step in and we would scarcely miss a beat; and there are a lot of complaints that our reserve left back (who has been needed because of injuries) is a cheap option and we miss Taylor when he is injured. That's fine - both valid arguments - but not when both complaints come from the same people!

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:05 am

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:00 pm
We have had an extended stay in the highest lucrative league in the world, on minimal wages and very poor recruitment. Obviously not Barcelona, but we should have the advantage over lets say Championship clubs with the millions of profit..... but we dont, and thats down to purse Dyche is being given, and the reason Dyche keeps bringing it up interviews. You cant blame him and this board will be the downfall of the club if they dont start waking up.
Wake up man, we haven’t got the spending power of half the Championship teams, never mind the Prem teams. We play the way we do because that’s the level of the players we have, and the best way for us to get points. We can’t afford to go out and bring in flair players, we go and get the players SD thinks will help and strengthen the team we have, however old they are. That is a fact of life so embrace it, or go and support someone else.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7197 times

Post by Quicknick » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:52 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:28 pm
It’s not pretty! Every other team comment about it and I’ve never really taken notice, just thought it was bitter. People talk of Stoke and how the grass wasn’t greener, we play far worse football than them! Look at Sheff Utd, that’s how we should be playing
I predict we will come comfortably above Sheff U.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:03 am

Depends what you want to watch. If you're happy watching that in order to survive every year fair enough, personally I'd rather gouge my own eyes out than watch that every week.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2983 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:08 am

You'd rather gouge out your own eyes than watch Burnley win in the Premier League ?....... truly bizarre.
Have you ever played football in conditions like that btw ? And if so did you bestride the midfield like a mixture of peak-era Xavi and Bergkamp combined ? Or maybe adopt a more pragmatic style , especially in a game where a win was vital.
Last edited by Stalbansclaret on Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:09 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:03 am
Depends what you want to watch. If you're happy watching that in order to survive every year fair enough, personally I'd rather gouge my own eyes out than watch that every week.
That sounds like a WIN / WIN for the rest of us.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:31 am

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:08 am
You'd rather gouge out your own eyes than watch Burnley win in the Premier League ?....... truly bizarre.
Have you ever played football in conditions like that btw ? And if so did you bestride the midfield like a mixture of peak-era Xavi and Bergkamp combined ? Or maybe adopt a more pragmatic style , especially in a game where a win was vital.
We play that way every week though, let's not pretend it was down to the conditions.