Cant watch much more of that

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Burtonwoodclaret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: Cant watch much more of that

Post by Burtonwoodclaret » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:38 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:03 am
Depends what you want to watch. If you're happy watching that in order to survive every year fair enough, personally I'd rather gouge my own eyes out than watch that every week.
You can keep your eyes watch pretty football by not supporting a team and simply picking the top teams on tv , but that isn’t being a supporter.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:44 am

ksrclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:42 pm
Utterly shite isn’t it.

This season will be my last with a season ticket for a while. At least until we get someone who wants us to play some football.

For some fans it’s all about the winning, fair enough, but I prefer to enjoy the football on show rather than looking at the table afterwards. I’m obviously in the minority’s there but so be it.
Don't think you're in a minority tbh. The amount of fans I speak to who say they're fed up of watching us is unbelievable. The fact that we're struggling to shift 1800 tickets for Everton away on Boxing day speaks volumes.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:21 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:44 am
Don't think you're in a minority tbh. The amount of fans I speak to who say they're fed up of watching us is unbelievable. The fact that we're struggling to shift 1800 tickets for Everton away on Boxing day speaks volumes.
You are in a big minority - thank feck.
The only volumes that are spoken about Everton away are that it’s Boxing Day and it’s the worst away section in the Premier League - it’s like watching the game through a letter box.
What does it matter to you anyway ? Either you ate going to gauge your eyes out or stop watching us - either way do it ASAP for the good of the rest of us who just enjoy supporting the team.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1240 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:31 am

TVC15 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:21 am
You are in a big minority - thank feck.
The only volumes that are spoken about Everton away are that it’s Boxing Day and it’s the worst away section in the Premier League - it’s like watching the game through a letter box.
What does it matter to you anyway ? Either you ate going to gauge your eyes out or stop watching us - either way do it ASAP for the good of the rest of us who just enjoy supporting the team.
Absolutely, and it’s on Amazon so you can watch with your friends and family whilst you tuck into your roast beef...

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1150 times
Has Liked: 1446 times

Post by Pearcey » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:32 am

I thought the board being down after we lost wouldn’t be a bad thing, yet people whinge after winning! Each to their own I guess. I’d rather see us win and stay in the Premier League.
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 Dark Cloud

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:40 am

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:10 pm
We are in this league because we are masters in second ball retention, following a long ball thus bypassing the centre field of probably £200m plus of any other team. A good tactic. But we are are amongst to oldest age profile in the league, so again yes recruitment is a problem and that seems to be clear to 90% of us clarets fans including Dyche but not you?
With poor recruitment, with our resources, we would be nowhere near the Premier League. It’s not clear to 90% (that comment is an utter joke) and it is certainly not clear to Dyche as you would expect because he has the say in who comes in.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Holtyclaret

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 2635 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:53 am

When I was in the RAF I had to do stuff I didn't like or didn't agree with, however, I did it.
Since leaving I have had freedom of choice in whatever I have chosen to do and one of the things I enjoy doing is going to the Turf and other places to support my team.
This is my choice and I never fail to enjoy watching Burnley, no matter what the result.
Nobody is forced to go and watch the team, it is a free choice, therefore, if you don't want to watch the way we play you can make the choice not to attend the matches and put the money you saved towards other things which will really enhance your enjoyment of life.
Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing in a democratic society.
These 3 users liked this post: Bordeauxclaret Bosscat tiger76

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:27 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:31 am
We play that way every week though, let's not pretend it was down to the conditions.
So why do you watch us? If you’d rather gouge your eyes out then why don’t you do something else with your time? Really weird that you’d repeatedly and voluntarily spend your time doing something that you hate.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:33 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:27 am
So why do you watch us? If you’d rather gouge your eyes out then why don’t you do something else with your time? Really weird that you’d repeatedly and voluntarily spend your time doing something that you hate.
Because it's my team and I want to support us. Maybe I will start picking my games a bit more from now on. As much as I try and force myself I just can't enjoy watching Dycheball. Been going since the mid 90s and apart from the end of the Cotterill era I can't ever remember feeling like this. If that makes me less of a fan in the eyes of some of the happy clappers on here then so be it.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3809 times
Has Liked: 12496 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:37 am

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:32 pm
To be fair I agree with a lot of what you say, bit our current age profile suggest the bubble is about to burst. This is due to lack of recruitment or lack of promotion of youth. Dyche himself points out restlessly that the model fo the club means he can not improve the squad as most managers can.

My own opinion is we have at least another 2 Dwight McNeils sat in the u23s that could make a step up.
Benson and Richardson possibly but not for a while yet.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:42 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:33 am
Because it's my team and I want to support us. Maybe I will start picking my games a bit more from now on. As much as I try and force myself I just can't enjoy watching Dycheball. Been going since the mid 90s and apart from the end of the Cotterill era I can't ever remember feeling like this. If that makes me less of a fan in the eyes of some of the happy clappers on here then so be it.
But if you’d rather gouge your eyes out than watch us then do everyone a favour and find something else to do with your Saturdays. You can still keep an eye on the scores and watch the highlights later. Totally bizarre that you complain about how unenjoyable something is but then repeatedly do it. Not sure what the comment about being less of a fan or referring to happy clappers has to do with anything.

My own view is that yesterday’s game was about as poor a spectacle as you get. Two average sides (at this level) lacking creativity. One team on the back of three defeats and in desperate need for a win. We were confident that a clean sheet would get us the three points yesterday and it did - that was the most important thing, I’m sure everyone can agree. I didn’t find the game hugely entertaining but I would still rather have been spending my Saturday afternoon watching that than elsewhere. I still enjoyed the game.

Saying that we play like that every week is basically a lie. We have blown some teams away this season by playing some good football - we’re not able to do that every week but if you can’t accept that then you really are supporting the wrong team.
These 5 users liked this post: Bosscat tiger76 Ashingtonclaret46 Leisure chorleyhere

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:46 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:42 am
But if you’d rather gouge your eyes out than watch us then do everyone a favour and find something else to do with your Saturdays. You can still keep an eye on the scores and watch the highlights later. Totally bizarre that you complain about how unenjoyable something is but then repeatedly do it. Not sure what the comment about being less of a fan or referring to happy clappers has to do with anything.

My own view is that yesterday’s game was about as poor a spectacle as you get. Two average sides (at this level) lacking creativity. One team on the back of three defeats and in desperate need for a win. We were confident that a clean sheet would get us the three points yesterday and it did - that was the most important thing, I’m sure everyone can agree. I didn’t find the game hugely entertaining but I would still rather have been spending my Saturday afternoon watching that than elsewhere. I still enjoyed the game.

Saying that we play like that every week is basically a lie. We have blown some teams away this season by playing some good football - we’re not able to do that every week but if you can’t accept that then you really are supporting the wrong team.
Again I repeat .... Hear, Bloody Hear, Bloody Hear

Well said Riley

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:30 am

It's what, 18/24 months since Defour and Brady's injuries? McNeil has brought some much enjoyed class and quality to the wing but we're unlikely to ever find a replacement of Defour's quality, certainly not a young, fit one in our price range.

But that spell showed that Dyche doesn't necessarily want to lump it to the big man all the time. We played some fantastic football in the Championship when we had some of the top players at that level, Ings, Tripps etc. As he always says, you play the way you're most likely to win.

So for now, I appreciate the effort and organisation, enjoy watching the quality of McNeil and support the team. We'll get some wallopings against teams on a different level to us and grind out wins like yesterday and maybe at some point we'll get lucky with a transfer opportunity or another lad coming through but other than that, not sure what you expect.

My mate who's a Blades fan text me at half time yesterday from their game with Villa saying that it was the worst 45 minutes of football he'd ever seen and almost fell asleep. They're 5th. So it's not just us who's quickly changing our demands.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:06 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:42 am

It's not as simple as just stopping going though is it? I though if we stayed up for a few years we'd try and gradually improve our style and add some quality but if anything we're going even more route one.
I suppose I need to just accept this is the way we play and see it for what it is, but it frustrates me because I think we're capable of playing some decent football.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:43 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:06 pm
It's not as simple as just stopping going though is it? I though if we stayed up for a few years we'd try and gradually improve our style and add some quality but if anything we're going even more route one.
I suppose I need to just accept this is the way we play and see it for what it is, but it frustrates me because I think we're capable of playing some decent football.
We didn’t go route one on Saturday. In fact if we had we may have created more chances.

chorleyhere
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 257 times

Post by chorleyhere » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:17 pm

jrgbfc When my son was the right age to start accompanying me to the Turf and we didn't always win - in fact we took some beatings, he was a Claret and had to stand up to jibes at school about supporting them, he memorably said
" Dad why did you have to support Burnley?"
I told him that I was born in Burnley, lived in Nelson and therefore Burnley were my team. Later in years to come he went to Wembley to see us beat Stockport and then again to see Wade Elliot take us to the Premier League. In his relatively short lifetime he has seen the highs and the lows. But WE will always support the Clarets through thick and thin - that's what fans do in all leagues high and low across the land. We will never in this day and age, achieve the heights of the city clubs. But we will achieve in our own part of the Premier league. I like being in the CFC and supporting my team !!!!!
These 2 users liked this post: Helmshore Claret tim_noone