burnley courting disaster

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

burnley courting disaster

Post by brexit » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:39 pm

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Re: burnley courting disaster

Post by Steve1956 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Nothing to see here,sore losers move on.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:47 pm

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:07 pm

concerning

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Post by CleggHall » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:33 pm

A well written article registering genuine concern by a Newcastle supporter. Away fans deserve something better than this, yes the cricket field stand is old with ancient facilities and access but we owe fellow fans safe viewing when they visit TM.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 292 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:50 pm

Question, did they let more in than they had sold
This user liked this post: basil6345789

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:54 pm

How many times has this been raised by travelling support including Newcastle in previous seasons?

atlantalad
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by atlantalad » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:47 pm

I've had a few back in the 70's but I ain't gonna share them on here🙂.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:15 am

And there in lies the problem. “Like a lot of other fans,arrived at 2:45” “once in the concourse was full of singing and drinking fans” so one large set of fans who were in the ground were not bothered watching the start, and another large set of fans thought 15 minutes was adequate to get in. The whole problem was a Newcastle made problem. Have they ever been to Anfield and that pokey hole of a concourse?
Plus, if they want to use Hillsborough as a test case. Then they didn’t learn much. One major factor of Hillsborough was a large amount of fans arriving late.

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:19 am

I've been pretty shocked by Newcastle fan's comments about us to be quite honest.

I like to watch the VLOGs of other clubs when we play them, it's usually pretty interesting to hear what the general opinion is about us and what they thought about the game. Newcastle's seems to be laden with nasty insults about the town and the fans, which you come to expect from Southern clubs, and especially London clubs.

It's a shame as I did used to like them.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:48 am

Papabendi wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:54 pm
How many times has this been raised by travelling support including Newcastle in previous seasons?
It’s raised almost every week, if you did a survey I’d imagine every club would have complaints. It’s bad, there’s no denying it, can’t say I’m too fussed though as long as nobody gets hurt

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:03 am

Cavernous compared to Stoke.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:02 am

There's not going to be 'another Hillsborough' because it takes a while to get to the bogs. It is a bit dingy in there, but that's all.

It's rammed at most places on the concourse. Seems to be as much a part of the day out, drinking - or throwing - crap lager in a cold, concrete corridor as watching football. What are clubs supposed to do, have 2,500 capacity concourses for morons?

Anyway, it's got a safety certificate and everyone's stuck with it for the foreseeable future. Let's see how Man Utd cope on the 28th, going to be equally busy, drunk and rowdy for that one. Although they'll probably win so nowt will get said.

Spike
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 1225 times

Post by Spike » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:50 am

Geordies are always speaking when they should be listening!

You cannot tell me that where they stick the away fans at the 3 for 2 stadium is acceptable! Far too far away from the pitch .

I agree being in close proximity of so many unwashed Geordies would have been unpleasant but that was their choice.

The queues back to the trains on on the trains in London are much worse. The bunker at Everton is considerably worse

Just bad losers

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:00 am

Another symptom of the north turning soft. This is what happens when people start voting Tory. Going all la-di- da and moaning about facilities. They’ll be wanting prawn sandwiches next. I didn’t see any bare chested shirt off Geordies either, further proof, if it were needed.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:00 pm

"Things were so bad during that first 25 minutes that I was praying we wouldn’t score. If we had done and there had been a surge from behind and someone had fallen, I genuinely hate to think what would have happened."

Surely when they were in their seats, even standing up, the Cricketfield would be no different to any other ground...
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:28 pm

It's a sign of the times. Football fans are going soft. If you turn up late and/or get p!ssed in the concourses then you get all you deserve. I bet the sober ones who were in their seats before 2.45 weren't complaining. I've long been of the opinion that if we need to improve the ground the last place to attend to is the visiting area, don't really care how comfortable they are. All that apart at Newcastle do they still make fans walk up 14 flights of steps to get to the away section? Pot, kettle, black.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:33 pm

houseboy wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:28 pm
It's a sign of the times. Football fans are going soft. If you turn up late and/or get p!ssed in the concourses then you get all you deserve. I bet the sober ones who were in their seats before 2.45 weren't complaining. I've long been of the opinion that if we need to improve the ground the last place to attend to is the visiting area, don't really care how comfortable they are. All that apart at Newcastle do they still make fans walk up 14 flights of steps to get to the away section? Pot, kettle, black.
This was 2 seasons ago .....

Away fans at St James' currently have to climb 14 flights of stairs to get to their spot in the Leazes End.

Newcastle have been given year's dispensation, while other clubs will have to move away fans
With promotion from the Championship on the cards, Newcastle officials spoke to the Premier League about potential issues. The key problem was that moving away fans down to pitchside would make it difficult to segregate rival supporters at certain exits.

The north east club, who also declined to comment, commissioned independent experts who confirmed that, with the notice period given, there was no viable and safe alternative.

They presented a strong argument to the league who have now decided to give them 12 months' grace.

A costly relocation in a year's time may well be the only resolution.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:39 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:33 pm
This was 2 seasons ago .....

Away fans at St James' currently have to climb 14 flights of stairs to get to their spot in the Leazes End.

Newcastle have been given year's dispensation, while other clubs will have to move away fans
With promotion from the Championship on the cards, Newcastle officials spoke to the Premier League about potential issues. The key problem was that moving away fans down to pitchside would make it difficult to segregate rival supporters at certain exits.

The north east club, who also declined to comment, commissioned independent experts who confirmed that, with the notice period given, there was no viable and safe alternative.

They presented a strong argument to the league who have now decided to give them 12 months' grace.

A costly relocation in a year's time may well be the only resolution.
So has it changed at all Boss. Not beent to St James in years so I don't know, I just know that was the case but have they moved them yet? And even if they have SOMEBODY would have to sit there and the danger would remain.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:42 pm

RMutt wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:00 am
Another symptom of the north turning soft. This is what happens when people start voting Tory. Going all la-di- da and moaning about facilities. They’ll be wanting prawn sandwiches next. I didn’t see any bare chested shirt off Geordies either, further proof, if it were needed.
Only one problem in saying that Geordies are voting Tory and turning soft----all 12 constituencies which comprise Tyne and Wear (mostly Newcastle!) all elected Labour MPs yet again --as usual!
This user liked this post: RMutt

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:48 pm

houseboy wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:39 pm
So has it changed at all Boss. Not beent to St James in years so I don't know, I just know that was the case but have they moved them yet? And even if they have SOMEBODY would have to sit there and the danger would remain.
There is very little likelihood of any changes because they were given further dispensation last season as per the article at the link.
My own guess is that they have got away with this because they did not want to move fans who had had season tickets for years ---pretty much the arguments that would ensue at the Turf if it happened. They are the only PL Club who have not followed the directive!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... t-14386184
These 2 users liked this post: houseboy Bosscat

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:42 pm
Only one problem in saying that Geordies are voting Tory and turning soft----all 12 constituencies which comprise Tyne and Wear (mostly Newcastle!) all elected Labour MPs yet again --as usual!
Blyth went Tory,didn't it? They do tend to bleat and use distraction when their 'day out' hasn't worked out. They also like to be noticed and listened to as well. My sister-in-law and her husband from Northumberland were at our house at the weekend and when I got home after the match he informed me.of all the woes and problems regarding the team and Mike Ashley(again). Unusually he avoids all the results so as to be able to watch MOTD freely and did so again on Saturday. So, after listening to him again I told him they'd lost 1-0!

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:49 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:42 pm
Contrary beggars. They only voted Labour to ruin my attempt at wit.
Actually. Good on them!
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Post by CleggHall » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Newcastle itself returned 3 Labour MPs all with comfortable if reduced majorities. There are no Tories on Newcastle City Council and it must be 15-20 years since the blues were run out of the city. A mate of mine and Sheffield United supporter is currently mayor.
These 2 users liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46 RMutt

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:19 pm
Blyth went Tory,didn't it? They do tend to bleat and use distraction when their 'day out' hasn't worked out. They also like to be noticed and listened to as well. My sister-in-law and her husband from Northumberland were at our house at the weekend and when I got home after the match he informed me.of all the woes and problems regarding the team and Mike Ashley(again). Unusually he avoids all the results so as to be able to watch MOTD freely and did so again on Saturday. So, after listening to him again I told him they'd lost 1-0!
Yes, Blyth did go Tory and Wansbeck was close with a 10,000+ majority, held by the current Chairman of the Labour Party, being reduced to just over 800 ---much to many peoples' surprise.
You have to remember though that people from Blyth are not Geordies, they are Northumbrian and not all support the Toon, many have the added misfortune of supporting Sunderland.

Newcastle fans do not moan any more than our own fans ---just read this board about the type of football, the dry powder room, the recruitment staff etc., etc., however, many Toon fans are very misguided about Ashley and Co and were very derisory about the appointment of Steve Bruce who, in all honesty, is doing a reasonable job with the injuries they have sustained.

Anyway, the bottom line is that we won, you enjoyed telling him so and I have been able to walk around in my Burnley shirt up here to continue the upset.

RMUtt ---you did try though!! :)

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:00 pm

I'm presuming you are wearing your Burnley shirt over three thermal vests and half a dozen fleeces Ashy.. Don't want you catching a cold at your age.. :D :D

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:22 pm

conyoviejo wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:00 pm
I'm presuming you are wearing your Burnley shirt over three thermal vests and half a dozen fleeces Ashy.. Don't want you catching a cold at your age.. :D :D
Nay chance, con, never feel the cold ---I have been so used to working outside and I was born in the really cold winter of 1946/7.
In any case, if I catch my death of cold, it will be welcomed by those young folk who blame us oldies for everything in this world, including living too long! ;) ;)