Three years today

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
aggi
Been Liked: 2116 times

Three years today

Post by aggi » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:26 pm

It will be the World Cup final.

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Re: Three years today

Post by Local cricketer » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:30 pm

Very English conditions in Doha today as well

Ptangyangkipperbang
Been Liked: 198 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:55 pm

Will be the worst world cup tournament by far I really hope England fail to qualify
This user liked this post: Pimlico_Claret

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:09 pm

The next world cup typifies everything that is wrong with football today - A country with no history of the game, no stadia so they had to build them, forcing a change to winter because of the conditions so disrupting league programmes and a terrible human rights record and attitude towards women. All for what: money. The major countries should have just told FIFA to stick this world cup where the sun don't shine and have one of their own. A world cup with no Germany, Italy, Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Belgium etc. would be no world cup at all and they would have been left with a great big black hole where the world cup should have been. It would have also have shown the arab multi-billionaires that money doesn't buy eveything - but alas it seems that it does. All we can do now is turn off our TVs when the games are on - but that won't happen either. I think Ptang has it right, I hope we don't qualify then there is no incentive to watch.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Makes me laugh how wound up people get about this. Why do we or any other country that matter have a divine right to host the World Cup over anyone else question mark was South Africa or South Korea World Cup venue or even Russia? Yet they were usually successful and enjoy the World Cup. Surely it's only good thing that I woke up is taken around the world to new places or should we have it in Germany again or Mexico again France again